Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"I'm right here..." Lenard chuckled. "We'll do all that after we get home and the groceries put away. I want to make a call to them, first, and have Noel describe over the phone what she's looking for... Just in case we have to try somewhere else. No since on wasting gas needlessly. Kara has done her part, it's your three's turn. Let's see what lunch goodies you bring us from the frozen area." He placed two gallons of milk in the parents cart.

All Pat could do was raise an eyebrow and utter, "Uhh, what he said, and thanks for grabbing the milk, dear."

Jeffery and Noel nodded,
"Okay, so can I assume pizza rolls for you, Candy?"Jeffery asked.

"Well lunch does not need to be large, maybe just a salad or something?" Noel suggested.

"Or a salad wrap? pre prepared obviously." Jeffery added.

Candy nodded and looked for them, as they were in the right aisle. "Lean Cuisine is the next aisle over. Same with a lot of the other finger foods like egg rolls, sandwiches and the like. If you want to get breakfast sandwiches for everyone, they're two aisles over. Just get lunches for everyone to pick from, we'll meet over there, because the ice cream is across from the breakfasts and all along that back wall."

Once everyone would disperse for lunches for the family, Pat and Lenard would talk for a few minutes until Candy returned with the pizza rolls and then they'd bring the two carts to the ice cream section, and wait.

Noel stayed with Kara as they traveled and grabbed some eggrolls. Where Jeffery just grabbed some oriental pack appetizers.

Once they all returned they put their goods in the cart, doing one last look over to see if they missed anything.

This actually prompted Kara after they returned from getting two packages (one of only vegetable) of egg rolls, "You know, next month if Candy and Jeff are still with us, I mean living at the house, still... You know cuz Mr. Mondale hadn't found anything yet... Why don't you email Jeff the grocery list, too?"

Pat raised an eyebrow as she looked at her. "That would be a good idea IF I had his email." She then looked at Jeff.

Candy asided to him, "You know... You were hired as my nutritionist with some heavy prodding on me by my doctor... You COULD always use mine if you don't have one and don't want the hassle."

Kara, meanwhile, patted Noel's back. "I think we can get the ice cream. Everything appears to be gotten." Kara seemed about done with the shopping and was ready to go home.

Jeff shook his head at Candy.
"No I have one, of course, you don't get far without one nowadays." Jeff pulled his phone out and texted her his email.

Noel Smiled at the back pat.
"That sounds like a good idea" She whispered.

Candy admitted with a blush that that was true, and left it at that. As soon as Pat got the text, she nodded to Jeffrey. "Thanks. I'll be sure to cc you and Kara both the list from here on. We shouldn't need anything except maybe produce or dairy the rest of the month. If Kara has shown you the list, you don't have any meats. Lenard and I take care of that. Tell us prior to grocery day if you want a six pack of soda, grapes or other more sugary items. When we get treats like that it's now. Or rather you guys pick them up in your cart."

When everyone got to the ice cream novelties, Pat was quick to note the Welch's fruit popsicles and the Klondike bars (all varieties of both) were on special that week. "This is convenient." She and Lenard had another conversation. She then looked at Noel and Candy. "Noel. I'm going to have to insist that you get yourself a treat this time, even if it's Welch's popsicles that everyone shares. As you can see, the big variety packs are currently on special for ten dollars each. Candy, Jeff, the family rule is that if you want a six pack of Klondike for yourself, you can get it, just let us know you want it marked as such in the freezer. I have Heath and Lenard usually gets mint."

"Almost always gets mint, and doing so again this month." Lenard chuckled.

"Also. The rest of us need permission to get one of yours. Otherwise, what you get is for everyone." Pat concluded.

"I know what I want," Kara and Candy chimed together looking in two spots just a little too lustfully, with licking lips. Candy was eyeing the Reese's Klondike bars and Kara was eyeing the Welch's tropical variety pack of popsicles.

Noel nodded, looking around at the others, and before she knew Kara wanted it spoke up.
"Oh umm, alright, in that case, I'll pick the Welch's to share" Noel replied.

"And if I must pick something I think I'll have to pick the same as tiny, the Welch's popsicles," Jeffery spoke up.
"I always find frozen fruit treats the most refreashing"

A total of six Klondike were picked up, as they were two for six dollars, and Kara ended up getting her head swatted. "Stop lusting at them like they're hot girls and get two regular and your tropical, Kara!" Pat was only loud enough for their party to hear.

Kara nodded, and after she rubbed the back of her head from the Mom swat, grabbed them out of the freezer and put them in the cart Jeff had been pushing.

Pat wanted to make sure everyone had what they wanted. "Candy. When does your debut CD hit the market, again?"

"Wednesday. That's why I advanced Kara and Noel a copy already and signed it. I'm supposed to be onsite..." She glanced at her email from her phone. "Silver Platters SoDo. For signing from one to five.

Lenard frowned. "I might be able to pick you up. About six or so. My wife's got a hair appointment that day around eleven. That'll get you down there too early. Jeff, I had hoped to have helped you guys out, but guess you'll have to get her there. Let's get checked out and home."

Noel smiled and wanted to join in Pat's comment to spoke at the same volume as she replied.
"Yeah Kara, stop looking at them like they are hot girls. You will make me jealous, I hope I don't have anything to worry about once they are in the house." She smiled.

"Hey that is alright, I had planned to bring her there and back anyway, like to be there to be both the manager and as a sudo bodyguard for signing." Jeff explained,

The grocery bill came to over $500, but Lenard didn't even acted fazed. Pat, on the other hand muttered about something smelling in a certain European country and wanted to see checkout tape and have everyone say what everything was as it was unpacked. Candy suddenly felt very happy that Jeff made her leave the grapes. Turned out nothing was doubled or charged extra on, although Pat's nasty remark about the price of beef in particular... In an Australian accent yet... Would've made one think something called beef had been overpriced. Lenard had her sit down in her recliner, eat her last "old" Heath Klondike, and read her paper.

Home Depot was the next order of business, and Lenard was on the phone, waving for Noel to come over to take the receiver from him. "Her name is Alice and she's a lumber expert... She claims. Explain in detail what your looking for. She's got hickory boards in stock, but needs approximate size and what it'll be used for." He explained to Noel.

Once back both Noel and Jeff helped pack everything away, though Noel stepped away to take the phone when called.

"Hello? oh umm yeah, so just like an umm, oh like a cutting board size and thickness, could be a little smaller, and similar to a cutting board that needs to be smooth but make sure there is no chemical treatment on the wood because it will be cooked through." She explained on the phone seeming nervous at first but quickly gaining some footing as she spoke. Once she was done she offered the phone back to Lenard encase he had some more questions.

"Non treated. Check. So are we talking a normal size personal cutting board (approx size of mine: 12" x 30"), or a restaurant chef which can be about two by six?" Alice asked calmly. The latter, she was talking feet. (I've seen one that big, and it even said restaurant size on it. Bout flipped on the price !.!)

Alice thanked Noel and was pretty sure that size was easily accessible. Lenard asked the price and his eyes seemed to grow three sizes. He was informed that they were probably the cheapest and only place that had a hickory cutting board.

"Noel, do you want to stay here, or come with?" Lenard asked, figuring by Kara's disgusted look, that girl was definitely finished with the shopping for the day. Noel could make up her own mind. He looked at Jeff. "Can you please give me a hand on the American Diner meal. I need about twelve potatoes sliced in fry shape, and at least start the ground beef for the chili. I should be back in an hour."

"Leave the skins on." Pat said from her recliner, and finishing the Heath Klondike.

Last edited:
Noel looked at Kara then at Lenard.
"Oh, I can certainly go if you want me to go if you need me to double-check things or something." She replied not wanting to say no but also wanting to stay with Kara.

"Got it! I'll start cleaning and prepping the fries for cutting now" He nodded and turned to go to do just that.

Lenard noticed Noel looking towards Kara. "That might be advisable. It is Home Depot." He said tongue in cheek. He nodded to Jeffrey.

Kara smiled weakly to Noel. "I'm shopped out, Noel. I'm seriously thinking of grabbing one of those apples you and Candy got for snacking. And Dad's right. He may have need of you there."

(Note: That can be fast forwarded with them coming back with the right type of cutting board and everything)

Last edited:
Noel nodded.
"Right, then we should go then, umm enjoy the apple Kara, my favorite is the granny smiths, but Candy does not like them." She smiled, though it was forced.

"So umm, how far is the Home Depot?" She asked turning to Lenard.

"I'm thinking round trip, including getting it, should only be an hour. Tops. But even so, buckle up for safety."

The same sales associate that Noel talked to was the same one in the lumber department that showed Noel the different hickory boards before pointing to a grouping of about three sizes that were not chemically treated. There was a kitchen saver size one that Pat actually would like for chopping vegetables as it had a special lamented covering to protect against many uses. There was another the same size, that was exactly what Noel meant, but by the natural smell coming from the protected one it hadn't been treated by chemicals either. The third was the giant one, that looked like it could cover half a prep table at a restaurant. Thinking Noel was Lenard's daughter, she asked her, "Would your mom be interested in the other natural hickory board?"

Noel should know Pat well enough by now that she could use another vegetables only cutting board, it's rather she wanted one right now, that information not even Lenard would be privy to.

Lenard made a face. He looked askance at Noel. "Pat has said she could use one, but not outright said she NEEDED it. She say anything to you or Kara about need or want? I mean we are here..."

"Oh, of course, over half of all car accidents happen within a mile of the home." Noel nodded doing so once in the car.

Once Noel was there she hesitated when the woman asked about her mother, but as Lenard replied she followed his lead to play it off.
"Well, umm yeah I think she really wanted one as soon as she could get one. At least it seemed that way." Noel replied shyly with a blush on her face.

On the way out, Alice teased Noel not to put the wrong one in the oven, and to enjoy the dinner.

On the way home, Lenard explained, "Pat still would have to pick up the fish Wednesday from Pike Place Fish Market. A bit pricey, but has the freshest fish. Pat would likely pick up your fish there after she gets her hair done. Would you like to schedule that for then? I'll let Pat know, you just present her with that cutting board that's protected against cuts. Keep the one you'll be using to cook the fish with you."

As they came in, the familiar theme of The Green Hornet TV series could be heard coming from Kara's room. Noel had roughly one minute to give Pat her new hickory vegetable (and fruit) cutting board and go upstairs with hers for her fish to catch the episode Kara was watching on her DVD set, although Kara would gladly restart the episode if Noel asked.

Noel smiled and replied to Alice.
"I will thank you"

She nodded to Lenard in the car as he spoke.
"Okay, though I will need some time as I need to let the fish marinate for a couple of hours." She explained.
"And yeah, I'll make sure to let her know which cutting board is which."

Noel would do just that, dropping the cutting board off and explaining it to her before running up the stairs and placed the cutting board by her side of the bed before snuggling up to her not saying anything about the show.

Lenard and Pat both held their tongues, not asking Noel if a couple of hours actually meant only two. They now trusted Noel enough to know what she was doing and what she meant around the kitchen. Pat smiled and thanked Noel and teased Lenard with a comment about at least someone was listening to her hints. The chipped up one could be disposed of. Pat kept her new one in her lap, and Lenard went to relieve Jeffrey, nodding at the ready fries.

Soon the chili was prepared and simmering with the smell permeating through the house. Lenard next started preparing six hamburger patties.

"We'll drop the dogs in the water when the patties are done baking and before we put the fries in to bake. It's just a waiting game now. Six three-quarter pound burgers should take about an hour, as most of us like our steaks medium well. Don't worry, the oven is set to 320 because of how our oven baked at a higher temperature. Repairman will be here Monday. It was the soonest I could get."

Kara just instinctively put an arm around Noel, enjoying both Van Williams and Bruce Lee's acting and Noel's company.

Jeffery nodded and stood back as Lenard took over.
"You want my help?"

Noel meanwhile happily snuggled into Kara, watching the show but mostly wanted to spend time with her.
"I missed you when we were out" She whispered, kissing Kara's cheek.

Lenard nodded. "If you don't mind when the time comes. While I prepare the hamburger toppings and chopped onions for the chili, lay the fries out evenly on a cookie sheet so I can stick them right in the oven. Not now, though, about five minutes before the burgers are ready to come out of the oven. We're both excused for now."

Candy had made herself scarce while Jeff was busy, and finally made her way to Kara's door about halfway through the current episode, which was the last episode on disc #3.

Not knowing Candy was right at the door just as Noel's announcement and action, Kara kind of pulled her in a little closer. "Aww. I missed you, too... Let's hope my dumb DVD player actually works this time, as my absolute favorite episode of Green Hornet is coming up next... If it goes right to disc #4 like it's supposed to. See, Britt Reid must figure out how to get medical attention for a wound he received as the Green Hornet AND stop two cops who are using silent alarm calls for their own profit. I think it was one of the best episodes of Hornet's only season."

Candy didn't really want to interrupt but found Kara had said the magic words. "You know how much a closet Green Hornet fan I am. That's a good ep! Not my fave... The one about the drugs on the cargo ship was, earlier on. Can I watch it with you guys?"

Kara looked at the door and frowned. "Up to Noel, and you know my rule about running commentary. None. We just enjoy the show."

Candy nodded and gave a salute, then both looked to Noel. Kara said, "You don't have to feel obligated to let her if you want this to be our time." She whispered.

Back
Top Bottom