Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"Right, heh, sorry" Noel nodded blushing again at her question.

"I think everyone is pretty in the clear or I am sure someone would have spoke up" Jeffery pointed out.

Stephanie nodded. "And that someone would likely have been me, seeing as my dad's a cop. He's of a mind that as long as there's no hanky-panky or forcing or crap like that... If you're at least 16... Date whoever the hell you want." She looked lovingly at Betty, "And a guitar playing waitress would keep me entertained."
Pat cleared her throat. "Kara being months away from being legally an adult is reason enough to approve of Noel."

"Don't forget their chemistry. This despite Noel having difficulty with social things." Lenard nodded, before addressing Noel herself. "And you have our support and can ask us anything as if you're our real daughter. Both of us have Jeff's number, and he can come anytime he wants or you want your big brother. Now. If everyone is finished, I believe there's a large German chocolate cake in the fridge?"

"Yeah. I saw it on the bottom, Mr. Zorel." Stephanie admitted.

"Then the three involved with making dinner... Will you please go serve dessert?" Pat said, looking at Kara who had done a lot of the prepping.

Stephanie sighed, "I have to bow out of the dessert serving, because I want another burrito. I'm willing to make someone else a second as well. I saw what everyone put on theirs." This could be Jeff's chance to have 'Nancy Drew' serve him.

Pat nodded. "Then Kara and Noel will serve the cake, please, AFTER Stephanie returns after getting seconds for herself and anyone else who wants it."

Noel nodded and blushed at the attention given the relationship talk.

Jeffery smiled.
"Sounds like an opportunity I don't want to miss, let's see how good your memory is Nancy Drew"

Noel nodded.
"Should we also wait for them to finish eating?"

Stephanie nodded with a smile, and took his empty plate as well. She went on to the kitchen. Preparing Jeff's first before making hers, it was almost exactly right. She brought the hot sauce in, because although she shook it all over the burrito's insides, there might not have been enough. Hers, she added some sour cream and guacamole to the top. Something she hadn't done to her first.

"About a bowl of Spanish rice and burrito meat left. Whoever wants it." Steph said as she set Jeffrey's burrito in front of him, along with the hot sauce. "Shook it all over like you did, but, well," she made the little muscle as she made like Rosie the Riveter in the WWII ads, "Rosie the Riveter I'm not."

Once Stephanie and Jeffrey started on their seconds, Pat said, "You two after they start eating, clear the kitchen table, so just move the stuff off. Nothing gets tossed, just moved to the counter and stove. One does that, while the other brings out the cake (it's a quarter sheet, so they'll just get ten servings... Plus two) to put on the table. By the time the table is cleared and the cake cut and onto saucers... These two should be finished. Bring it when everyone is finished."

Kara nodded. "I'll get the table cleared and the saucers." She figured pulling the small cake out of the fridge, and setting on the kitchen table was the easiest part. Let Noel do that.

Jeffery tried a bite before adding any more sauce, then gave a thumbs-up as he chewed. Eating the rest without adding any more hot sauce.

Noel nodded and did her share, though she had not noticed Kara gave her the easier job, she simply did the one she was left with.

Betty elbowed Stephanie teasingly. "Someone needs to be more confident. I can see you're at least not afraid to try. Proud o' you, hon."

Meanwhile, Kara put the special cake cutting knife the Zorels had and set the saucers on the table. She then popped the tupperware top (as it was homemade). She frowned, took the knife back and brought back a butter knife to cut the cake. "Mom! Dad put it in the tupperware without a plate of some kind under it! Again!" She offered the knife, which wouldn't cut into her mom's good storage container. "Want the honors?"

This as everyone would hear Pat chastise her husband with just one word. "Lenard!!"

Kara tapped into Noel slightly and offered the butter knife again. "Noel."

She could kind of understand with Lenard making expressions of surprise, shock, shame and grief finishing off with a pentinent whipped puppy look of doing better next time.

Kara was trying to redirect, now. "Do you want the honors of cutting the homemade cake?" After all, the duo of Kara and Noel were still at the kitchen table next to the uncut homemade cake.

Kara shrugged. "Ask Betty if you can borrow her tray to take out the cake slices then." She cut it into twelve equal parts, and began to carefully remove the cake to put on the saucers.

Betty looked up. "No probs, Noel." She reached down and instinctively grabbed it. Almost as if she always ate with it leaning against her chair. "Would you like me to show you how to load and balance it?"

Betty excused herself from the table and showed going in the kitchen, that one way to carry it empty was on the finger tips. "You have to wipe it down every time, but you never ever really want to carry it under your arm. Sends the diners the wrong message. Same with between arm and side. That's poor waitressing."

Kara had finished cutting the cake and had five pieces ready. She began putting the pieces on the saucers as Betty quickly put them on and positioned them where the plate rims only were overlapping. She explained how not to have the other person's saucer edge touching someone's food. Her tray was big enough for all ten to get on, with the outside ring slightly hanging over. "You don't want those plates hanging over too far or they could slide off if you tip... Which you try not to do either. It's a balancing act." Once full, she positioned the tray on her shoulder by getting under it. It was just on her shoulder. "For stability." She explained. Showing how she had the opposite hand underneath the tray, palm flat against the bottom, and the same arm attached to the shoulder had the hand balancing it on the shoulder. "Would you like to try to balance it now? With your shorter hair, you actually have a little more shoulder to work with than me."

Betty had the tray back on the table. "All yours. Get under it like I showed you, and go ahead and serve us our desserts. Start with Antwan and go counter-clockwise, that way you're serving Kara and yourself last. I'll just stay nearby in case you need help."

Noel picked it up, using her arm to help both stabilize and keep it flat, the plates on so that the edges were overlapping but no contact was made with the food.
"Like this?" she asked.

Betty smiled and held a thumbs up sign. "Looking good. Set the tray on the table like I did last night. At my place setting. Do you know how to keep the weight on the tray uniform? You'll only be able to serve four at a time. The next time you set the tray down will be at your own place setting to serve the other four... Oh gosh. You have five on my end. Calla. Serve her first. She's sitting between Antwan and Kara." She shook her head with a laugh before giving a wink. "See? Even an experienced waitress can foul up!"

"Got it, serve Calla first, then go around making sure to keep the tray balanced, so it does not tip over." Noel nodded before taking a breath and walking out to do just that, having a good sense of balance it was not difficult for her.

Betty should have known. Not everyone is the same. Where she (and many wait staff at Outback and other service restaurants) carry trays ladened down with heavy entrees or desserts, even ten slices of a single layer German chocolate cake on saucers weren't going to be weighing Noel down all that much. She grinned as the serving part was relatively easy for Noel circling the table. Meanwhile, both Pat and Lenard cleared their throats (although Candy's was easily more parental than either of theirs) as both Calla and Antwan picked up forks to start on the yummy looking homemade dessert.

"We wait until everyone is served. Both of you know better." Candy almost sounded wolflike with her growl. She then sheepishly looked at Jeffrey. "Sorry. Wasn't sure if you had gotten through all the dining etiquette of the house, which is pretty similar to the Zorels rules here."

Betty wouldn't sit until Noel finished and returned her tray to her.

Kara licked her lips as she looked at the cakes making their rounds around the table... But it wouldn't be certain if it was the desserts or Noel handling the tray like a pro that caused the reaction.

Noel gave Kara a bright smile as she handed her dessert and then returned the tray to Betty, not having taken a piece for herself.
"Thanks" she smiled.

"I know you're not big on desserts, Noel, but remember what I said about not being afraid to live a little?" Pat asked.

"And I'm sure I even remarked that it was okay to indulge." Kara said. "Look, dad's not all that wonderful on cooking atop the stove, but his baked goods are just awesome."

Betty looked at the lone piece of cake unserved. "Are you really sure, Noel? This does look scrumptious."

"I umm, m-maybe someone can split it with me? I am kind of full of the food and am not sure if I can eat a whole slice. Plus I have a low sweets tolerance." Noel offered to look nervously at the others who encouraged her to eat it.

Since the piece was over by Betty, she cut the piece in half and moved it into her plate before bringing the saucer with now half the slice over to Noel, and putting it in front of her.

As soon as Betty got back around and sat, Calla couldn't wait any longer and dug in. "Man is this moist! Ya definitely know how to bake, Mr. Zorel! Mmm!" Calla remarked happily.

Pat shook her head at Candy. "She's fine. Betty sat. Someone has to start the rest of us on dessert by taking a bite of theirs. That's the rule on dessert. Dinner, yes, the one who cooked the entreé must say it's okay to start." She then took a bite herself. "Lenard. You even outdone yourself on the caramel icing. And just the right amount of coconut throughout. Nice."

"Very impressive" Jeffery nodded trying some once others had started.

"wow delicious, so sweet" Noel added also having waited for others to start.

Back
Top Bottom