Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Stephanie nodded. "I need to start boiling my rice. It has to be cooked before I can Spanish fry it." She handed Noel the spoon, before going to the sink, washing her hands again, before running water into a pot and placing it behind Noel's skillet for the beef.

"I gotta see how you season your meat, now. I want my rice to compliment your entreé in spiciness." Stephanie said as Kara moped out the doorway separating kitchen and dining alcove and living room combo.

Stephanie picked up the garlic powder. "Why do they even have this when they have cloves of garlic? Oh. Nevermind. You don't put chopped garlic cloves in things like pastas. I'd have to use this..." She thought about that. "Probably tumeric and a bit of the masala powder as well. Tumeric more for the color." She looked at the jar before shaking it. "Say... Isn't this like a buncha spices mixed as one? And like, good for what ails ya?"

Pat had overheard coming in the kitchen. "Masala, Noel? I'm assuming because it's to give the Mexican dish a close to Thai feel? Candy must've told you she loves Thai, and you're doing it for her. I like the idea of an Asian twist to the classic burrito." She gave Noel a side hug. "For your ingenuity and thinking more about our guests than family. That's what we want. The guests' tastes honored. Proud of you." After letting go, she left the kitchen.

With the water boiling, Stephanie added the rice to cook.

"Oh the powder is just to add that extra touch that spreads a bit better, and umm y-yeah the Masala is all that" She nodded to Steph.
Noel blushed and smiled at Pat's compliments.
"Thanks. Yeah, I hope it works out the way I think it will. I feel like it should meld well together"

Noel then started to saute the onions, adding the meat in a short time afterward and letting it brown before adding more of the spices, mixing it before letting it sit for a bit while covered.

Having seen everything Noel did for the meat, Stephanie merely gave a nod off acknowledgement. She knew what she had to do with her rice.

By the time Noel was finished getting everything with the meat going, Stephanie had to have the other large skillet near ready. Draining the old water from the fresh, she checked the rice for tenderness before mixing in the peppers and spices. Once this was done, she fried a little at a time, which was where Kara had gone wrong, trying to do it all at once, and in the pot.

Once they were nearly done Noel prepped the multiple types of beans.
"Okay I think things are all set here, everything good on your end?" she asked stephanie.

Stephanie gave a smile and quick nod. "I don't know how the Zorels do it... But at my place, mom's usually the one to call the family to dinner... If she helped me. If she made the entreé, she has me do it, because I helped with the side."

She went to the doorway, "Get it while the gettin' is good!"

Candy chuckled, while Betty wrapped an arm around Stephanie's waist. "Sweety.... Everyone knows come and get it. For next time." She then gave a kiss to her lips, before grabbing her tray, "Load me up, five at a time, please." She smiled holding her serving tray out for the plates to be on as Stephanie removed the guacamole from the refrigerator.

Betty blinked and lowered her tray, as the others came to the dining table just on the other side of the kitchen doorway. "Well, the preferred way is we make our own... I would guess." She saw the bowls of Spanish fried rice and the guacamole. "Did someone shred lettuce and dice tomatoes? What about shredded cheese? With the onions cooked in with the meat, I can't see any need for extra of those in the burritos themselves."

Stephanie made an expression that looked like a mental facepalm. "Lettuce and tomatoes. Right. I was busy with my rice, so I guess Noel diced up the bowl of tomatoes sitting in the fridge. Lettuce wasn't shredded though, guess everyone has to do their own. Kara only did onions and my bell peppers." She forgot Kara also minced Noel's garlic for her, which was already in the meat. She went back in getting the tomatoes and cheese.

The salsa contained tomatoes, onions and jalapenos with a touch of lemon zest, only a teaspoon. Everything was laid out so everyone could help themselves, and Betty went back to the dining table and told Candy she should go first.

Soon everyone except for she (Stephanie), Jeffrey and Noel had been served. "Why don't you go after your brother, Noel, as I have to wait until he's served too before I can get mine."

Of the seven before, only Kara added her rice to her burrito instead of adding it as a side.

Stephanie took notice of the extra hot sauce used by Jeffrey and shook her head. Between the salsa and guacamole, she couldn't understand how anyone could want it any hotter. She had seen how much spices were put in the meat.

She placed her large tortilla on the plate, noticed that only two remained in the package, put on a good helping of both the meat and rice, added the lettuce, diced tomatoes, some of both the salsa and guacamole, and then the grated Mexican blend cheese before wrapping it like a regular burrito, topping it with a little more shredded cheese, and brought hers in, taking her seat near Betty. In fact, she was between Betty and Jeffrey, who was next to Candy and managed to be across from his sister. Kara was by her dad and across from Candy, with Noel next, then Calla and finally Antwan at Pat's end. No one had started.

Everyone, parents and guests, all looked expectantly to Noel, to hear her allowance to begin. Candy giving an uneasy throat clearing.

Last edited:
Stephanie grabbed her fork and cut into the tortilla, as she was one of many that are her burrito like an enchilada. After swallowing her first bite, she said, "Wow. The meat seasoned as it is really complements my rice. My compliments." She then addressed Pat (as well as the others), there's only two tortillas left of the package, plenty of meat and rice, though."

Pat sighed. "After they're gone, we'll just have to use bread and make taco sandwiches. We weren't expecting so many guests... But that's nobody's fault at this table, hear? So no one needs to apologise. We're happy to have you all here."

"Heh, or you could mix the rice with the meat in a bowl and eat it like that, A dish I like to call bachelor slop. Thought it is quite good." Jeffery smiled offering another option.

"Yeah, though if we had bought more shells it would be nice we could not have known," Noel added.

Betty couldn't help herself. "Or... Bachelorette slop. Y'know. If you're an unmarried woman. Such as myself."

The rest of the band and Candy snorted, even Antwan, and nodded approvingly at Betty's assessment (even Antwan although he wasn't a she). Stephanie just gave a smirk, although she did nod as well.

Lenard made a noise that sounded more like "huh" than a snort, before saying, "I wonder what it's called then, when a married couple eats it when their first starting out and still have a few years of college left."

Pat put her fork down. "Lenard. Dear. I had already graduated. You're the one that decided you needed a doctorate in meteorology. I was working. Granted it was minimum wage..."

Kara looked between her parents amused, before looking over to her next seat neighbor who just happened to be Noel.

Noel had just swallowed her last bite of food as Kara looked over, notice Kara's look she returned it with a smile. She had not really been paying too much attention to the conversation at the table.

"Hmm, is there a gender-neutral term for bachelor or bachelorette? I guess besides a single person." He asked out loud.

Lenard gave a shrug.

"I actually have no qualms with the vernacular as is, if it's just the same to you." Betty commented with a double blink flirt meant for her table neighbor Stephanie, whilst the words were meant for Jeffrey.

Pat just finished herself, wiping her mouth. "That's probably unanimous... Quit flirting with your girlfriend before I tell you what's really on my mind, Ms. Conrad."

"Robbing the cradle comes to mind." Antwan muttered. Unfortunately, both Betty and Pat heard him and shortly after, he let out a yelp of pain as both his shins met the business ends of two feet. Betty and Pat both smirked at each other, giving each other a mental fist bump (it was obvious in their looks). Well... Jeffrey HAD warned him...

Kara might be asking for it from her across the table diner and Noel as she innocently asked aloud, "Um... Get a room?"

At least it wasn't as bad as Antwan's mutter that only Pat and Betty caught.

"Hehe, Kettle meet pot?" Jeffery joked after Kara made her comment.

"Umm, robbing the cradle?" Noel asked.

"It's a term for someone dating someone much Younger than them" Jeffery gave a brief explanation.

Stephanie should not have tried to take that drink of water as the expected zinger flew. Let's leave it there.

Kara looked bashfully towards her dad.

Lenard shook his head. "Don't look at me. This whole table knows how you've been flirting with Noel since everyone got here Saturday afternoon."

Stephanie felt insulted. "I'll be 17 here before long, thank you very much. There's what? Four years between us? That's not THAT much younger." She gave Antwan her own glare. She looked calmly at Noel. "That's usually for couples with like at least a decade between them. It's the ruder version of the remark about the May-September relationship." She nodded to Jeffrey at his correct assessment."

"Wait, so I know we aren't decades apart but I am not robbing the cradle am I?" Noel asked concerned given her and Kara's age difference.

"No, though the specific years you two are separated by are some pretty big milestones. So it may seem like it till you are both in your twenties." Jeffery explained, returning the nod.

Kara giggled, but shook her head. "Just like there's the same major milestone between Steph and Bets, there isn't enough of an actual age gap. Betty has to step on eggshells for a little over a year, while you only have to until the beginning of the year in only a few months."

Stephanie frowned. "Be careful, yes. But neither Noel nor Betty have to step on eggshells, Kara. Not hardly. Both of us are passed our 16th birthday. We're legal consent. Heck, my dad's a police captain and I can all but guarantee he'll be thrilled I finally found a girlfriend." She then asided to Betty, just loud enough to even be heard by Jeff, "Just expect the 'no alcohol around your girlfriend' lecture, Bets."

Jeff nodded.
"Right I forgot the drinking age here is 21, isn't it? Heh, it's 19 where Noel and I are from."

Noel blushed lightly.
"B=but umm, w-we are okay, right? there isn't anything wrong or illegal about it?" she asked a little nervous.

Lenard shook his head. "As Kara would say, O to the M to the G, Noel... At ease."

"I wouldn't use the military order, but dad's gotta point, Noel. As long as it's consensual we're fine. And truthfully, I'm the one more worried about going past your comfort zone than worrying about you going past mine."

Back
Top Bottom