Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Stephanie looked askance at Noel. "I'm confused. Sorry for what? If I'm reading these tea leaves right, Candy, Lenard, Betty and I are the ones who need to apologise to you." She cleared her throat, and started the ball rolling by apologizing for confusing Noel in the first place. She then noticed she didn't have a heart. "Man, I'm using it too soon. Least it puts me down to two cards..." She laid the joker down. "Diamonds, Lenard."

Lenard nodded and drew four cards. "You got a diamond, Jeff? This is my turn."

Stephanie just stared questioningly at Lenard. "Uhhh?"

"The jokers are automatic draw four wilds, Stephanie. I said that at the beginning of the game. We were going to start the girls' way and meld to mine. I'm pretty sure everyone has the gist. Jokers are draw fours, now. It's Jeff's move." He nodded to Jeffrey as Stephanie shrugged and looked across the table to Noel's brother.

Last edited:
Jeff picked up one card, he did not get a diamond so he passed his turn to the next person.

Noel paused.
"Oh no, you all understood, so I should have been able to as well, it's okay even if I don't though, not everything needs to revolve around me."

Antwan shook his head and drew, it was a heart, so it went down.

Candy laid down a seven of diamonds and waved the last card. "Uno."

Betty also laid down the same card but from a different deck, "oh, go Uno yourself, ma'am, I'm uno-ing."

Pat laughed, "That doesn't even make sense! But okay, you two!" She drew a card which wasn't a diamond.

Kara shook her head and drew a card. "Not a diamond." She looked at Noel. "You're up. Only one draw. Odds are... If there isn't one in your hand, or you can't change the seven, top card is a diamond."

Betty nodded. "Better than 50%, I'd wager."

Stephanie just smirked before saying, "Close to 80, actually, dear."

Stephanie shrugged laying down a five. "Uno, too! So then there were four... Who gets to win?" She had no idea how off her figures had been on the odds for the top card.

Lenard shrugged. "Meanwhile, I start over with seven. I have to laugh." He laid a two.

Stephanie really believed her odds were right and Betty was wrong. "Has to be."

Antwan drew and shook his head.

Candy sighed. "Someone needed to change the suit..." She drew a card and smirked, eying Betty like a lioness would dinner. Betty gulped. Candy laid the joker down she just drew. "Clubs. Oh. By the way... Uno."

Betty rolled her eyes and picked up her four cards.

Pat started the clubs off and Kara had a three she laid down. It was already back to Noel with a three of clubs on the discard pile.

Noel paused, looking at Kara before she hesitated to put her card down. She leaned toward her and whispered, placing her card to her chest.
"Did you look at my hand?"

Kara's look to Noel's unheard question by the majority of the table, it was beyond the ho-hum priceless. It was akin to the deer caught in the headlights of a semi truck, going downhill with a full load and no brakes; gunsights of a hunter; spotting the glowing eyes of a predator; and it's hoof caught in the cookie jar. She even started turning red.

Although Kara really hadn't, even cop daughter Stephanie glared at Kara. "I think that would be a yes. So if you can end it, please do." She was not happy.

Noel put down a 3 of hearts.

"M-maybe she didn't, it could have just been good luck" Noel tried to defend the speechless Kara, though she was not sure how Steph had heard her whisper so well.

Kara laid her other two cards down. That three of clubs was her only club. She hadn't even known Noel had a three. Seeing the two remaining cards, Stephanie sighed. "Then why did you look and act so guilty, Kara? I almost called you out for cheating! Geez!"

Lenard just shook his head as the clocks struck one. "Kara is excused to do her prep work for Steph and Noel and the burritos. She's going to act guilty, she can be so charged. Everyone else want to play again?"

Kara nodded and excused herself, going into the kitchen and getting the onions and clipboard, before sitting at the small table and starting to chop.

Noel went with Kara, once in the kitchen she gave her a quick hug from behind and a kiss on the cheek before she washed her hands and started to prepare the meat and pan for cooking.

Pat came in. Right as Kara smiled about the hug from behind. "Noel. You don't have to start, now. We'll be eating way too early. It's only one. Mexican night, remember? Kara can't be in here during the other prepping. You don't have to start cooking until two thirty. Steph is the one that needs to get washed up and started on the guacamole."

Stephanie gasped. "Oh! Right! The guacamole!" She flew in, washed her hands, and grabbed the other cutting board, before sitting across from Kara with it, the four avocados, the bowl and got to work. "Kara, I need tomatoes and cilantro. Also fresh lemon juice and some lemon zest. Not much. Probably a tablespoon would do."

Kara looked up. "Isn't there another cutting board? Maybe you can do the tomatoes? I mean I gotta cut up two onions just for Steph's guacamole."

Stephanie looked at the small onions and scoffed. "Yeah, might wanna make that two and a fourth of a third if they're that small. I mean, you got some nice sized avocadoes here."

Pat sighed. "Play cards? It's Kara's fault for looking so guilty, after all. Does she really have to be in every game? But if you want to help Steph and Kara by dicing tomatoes, I think the third and last cutting board in our possession is in the garage pantry. It'll be by the garlic and you need at least a clove of that for your meat seasoning, don't you?"

Stephanie looked up from her peeling avocadoes. "That's why I mix zest in mine, Noel. I know a lot do it, and even add lemon juice. To me, between the cilantro and the lemon zest itself...? Why the garlic?" She went back to her peeling.

Stephanie nodded. She just didn't make hers that way.

While Noel went to get the garlic cloves and cutting board, Pat sat out the tomatoes from the fridge for Noel. When she'd get back, Kara would be dumping the chopped onions into Stephanie's avocado bowl.

"Noel?" Kara asked, "How many onions you think you need for that five pounds of hamburger?" The onions weren't baby, but were definitely small, about two and three quarters inches circumference. She held one up for Noel to see. No wonder Steph said two and a quarter of a third!
Screenshot_20210325-163450.png
About the size of the onions. Hailstone was all I could find relative for shape. I'm going to try again.

Kara counted. "Eleven and the three quarters of the one Steph didn't need." She finally answered.

Having seen the tomatoes, Stephanie said, "Two medium tomatoes. Mrs. Zorel, is the cilantro fresh?"

Pat smirked. "You mean is it produce. Yes. Kara, hold off on Noel's onions and prepare Stephanie's lemon. Let Steph work her cilantro. Just get how many Noel need of the onions to the side."

Kara put the onions to the side and bagged the other five and took them back to the cool of the garage. She went to the fridge and grabbed a lemon and the juicer and grater. She moved the cutting board and knife to the side. "How much juice?"

Steph shook her head. "Let's see how many ounces that makes first..." She gave Pat a puzzled look, getting a 'mom shrug' in reply.

"Noel, just because you can't sit with them because of no room, doesn't mean not talking to them, okay? I want to hear kitchen chatter. I MIGHT think twice of vamoosing Kara when you and Stephanie are actually cooking. I suppose you already know to cut up Steph's tomatoes first so she can get her guacamole finished, so I'll just leave you three to it." With that, she headed back out of the kitchen.

Noel listened and nodded.
"So have you two ever cooked with this many people before? most I have had was one other before" She asked not sure what they should talk about as they worked.

Stephanie looked over to Noel. "First time working with three, Noel. Dad usually tries to stay out of the kitchen and mom and my ways." She answered. She glanced at the stove. "Close quarters at the stove, I see." She looked at Kara holding up the glass measuring cup. "I need another two ounces, so another lemon. An ounce per avocado. That's only two. Barely."

Kara nodded and got another lemon as Stephanie turned back to Noel. "What about you, Firecracker? Looking forward to be part of your first basketball team?"

Back
Top Bottom