Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"Well that is certainly silly, It wanted to know what made it unique and the answer was which earthquake started it, that doesn't make any sense. That isn't a unique fact, just a fact." Jeffery pointed out.

Noel stayed quiet.

Lenard, however, shook his head. "I can see how it's unique. The earthquake was off the coast of Chile some 9000 miles away to the south by southeast, yet Hawaii got what was called then a Ghost Tsunami. Granted, that nomenclature isn't much better than Orphan Wave, which it's also been called. And I can say that, because the harder question was exactly that. What are two other names that tsunami was known as? I just gave both because no one got the first." He looked at the expressions including of Kara and Stephanie. He laughed. "That's why it's called Believe it or Not. The facts are just as strange sometimes."

He went to the next card. "This odd creature looks like a jigsaw puzzle of many different creatures, but is considered a mammal despite it's odd way of procreation. Name it and it's non mammalian way of procreation."

Antwan looked blankly at Lenard. "I beg your pardon?"

Stephanie, meanwhile, leaned over. In a whisper to her team, she asked, "What do you guys think? Platypus?"

Stephanie smiled and nodded, tapped her clicker, and when Lenard called on her, she said "The platypus, duckbill platypus, to be exact, which lays eggs."

"Correct. The tougher question. What sea creature can change it's gender, and is the only animal that can do so?"

"Oh I know that one..." Betty and Candy said in unison.

"Little known fact, and only under extreme circumstances." Candy said with confidence in a whisper.

Steph looked to her team. "That one I got." Aloud and looking to Lenard, she said, "The Clownfish."

"That's sixteen total for Stephanie's team. I'm wondering if you teams are evenly matched after all."

Betty shook her head. "We're even. It's probably the trivia. Put us all head to head with a written school test on a specific subject, and we'd probably all come up with close to the same scores." She was confident enough that even both Sterlings would agree with her on that, if they were confident in their own abilities.

"haha, I am afraid my knowledge is more practical and less trivia" Jeff admitted.

Noel simply stayed quiet, knowing she was a little disadvantaged when it came to education.

Betty nodded to Jeffrey. "Kinda making my point, Sport! School stuff was mostly practical, although I'm not so sure of that nowadays. Kara and Noel could answer that better than me."

"What am I?" Stephanie whined, "Chopped liver?"

Betty threw her a kiss. "Yes. The cutest chopped liver at the table!"

Stephanie blushed with a shy smile as she lowered her head.

Lenard waved his hands, "Okay, okay. No overt flirting at the table please." He then looked at both Jeffrey and Noel. "I guess my question is, what is something we may have that you two might be able to play? Something everyone can participate in?"

Kara suddenly got a brainstorm. "Have we got seven decks of cards?" She then explained, "When we play Uno with two.... The three of us... We usually have to shuffle at least once. All ten of us could play without a need to shuffle, I'm sure, with seven."

Pat frowned before making a face. "That only makes sense on paper, Kara. I don't think everyone knows how to play Uno with a regular deck of cards." She asked for a show of hands, and while all the Zorels would have theirs up, only Candy so far of the guests raised hers. Stephanie had the blankest look ever on hers. So... Besides the band, "Nancy Drew" had never played Uno with a regular deck of cards.

Jeffery thought for a moment.
"I assume it is just like Uno but using substitutions are made with the playing cards, the suite replacing the colours," He asked.

Noel raised her hand remembering how to play from when Kara had taught her before.

Last edited:
"Correct." Lenard nodded, looking right at Jeffrey.

"And it's not as complicated. There's no reversing, skipping or draw twos or junk like that. It can be actually pretty fun. A group like this? We'd have a blast! Conversation is easier as well." Candy, the only guest who had played it before (just not with the Zorels) said calmly.

Pat laughed. "That also is true. In fact, it's this family's preferred way of playing." She noticed Noel's raised hand. "Kara already taught you? Wonderful!" She got up. "I'll find us five more decks, Lenard. You pull the two out of the game closet

"Dad. With so many playing and four have to be taught, why don't we forgo your usual draw four wilds and play the jokers like mom and I play them? That's the way I taught Noel, and it is simpler play."

Lenard put his hands up and nodded. Pat would also want to do it that way. He put the game away and pulled out the two decks of cards, just as Pat returned with the other five.

Pat added to, "And instead of the usual draw til you get something, just so everyone can actually make a move, if you can't match, draw one card and pass if you still can't. That gives everyone a chance of understanding by playing. There's ten of us. Once everyone gets a turn, then we'll do the regular rules."

Kara rolled her eyes. "Pretty sure everyone will be able to play the first few rounds before anyone needs to draw. Seven decks of cards. Let's not forget the big cardinal rule. Upon first deal, if you don't have a joker, you must have at least one of each suit, otherwise it's a misdeal. And you have to toss the cards in as proof."

Antwan and Calla both silently nodded. Betty shrugged. Leave it to Stephanie to actually voice her thoughts. "Sounds simple enough. Let's play."

Noel smiled and nodded.
"I am ready to get started as well."

Jeffery also spoke up.
"So are Jokers wild then? used to change the current suit?"

Lenard nodded just as he piled all the shuffled cards together except a handful that he dealt out in piles in front of him. "Use only if you don't have the suit on display, of course. Seems I'm outnumbered. The only member of the family that treats all jokers as draw four wilds... But for simplicity sake, they just change the suit. Same rules apply at the end. Someone lays down on you without calling Uno, you draw two cards... Zorel rule.... Pat... You try to lay down yours as they're laying down their second to last, to quickly catch them.... You draw the two cards. You pulled that on Kara a lot until she wised up."

"Consider me warned." Pat smirked, before Lenard passed around the hands of seven.

Stephanie and Kara both frowned. Kara tossed her hand on the table, calling "Foul!"

Stephanie shook her head. "It's 'misdeal' Kara." She commented as she said, "Misdeal."

Pat tutted. "You needed to shuffle these better Lenard. You almost misdealt mine, too." She then looked at Kara's tossed in cards. "Steph? Kara's right. This is a foul. She doesn't have one red or joker. All she has is clubs and spades."

Lenard checked Stephanie's hand. "No joker, no clubs. Yup. Misdeal. Guess you're our first official dealer, Jeffrey."

Stephanie put her hand out to Jeffrey "Lemme have some of those. I'll show you how to shuffle THIS many."

Noel also put her hand down "Misdeal, sorry"

Jeffery nodded handing half the deck over to deal.
"Heh, I was going to say that my hands might be one of the few here large enough to shuffle that many cards"

She started to lay the cards down as if she was shuffling, Jeffery smiling and doing the same. Bother even going from left to right and then right to left.
"heh, looks like we know similar methods, though this works best if the deck had not been shuffled yet, still a great way to break the cards up. Though I still like to mix them up in the hands after this as well." Jeffery added.

Last edited:
"Shuffled already? Ha!" Stephanie said tongue in cheek, "Someone around here should be read the riot act for dereliction of duty! Calling onePP!"

Lenard defended himself. "Now wait a minute, bad shuffling isn't a crime!"

Steph continued her coplike ribbing. "Where did I say it was a crime? Jeff, did you hear me say it was a crime? Betty or I knocking boots with the other against her wishes... THAT'S a crime. I said dereliction of duty. That's an oopsy for Internal Affairs. One PP."

Betty raised an eyebrow. "Knocking boots? An oopsy? Oh bother. I'm in love with a country gal. I half expect her dad to sound like Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrane, now."

Steph finished shuffling, stacked them in a pair, and wagged a finger at the guitarist next. "Now don't you go knocking the Dukes, Bets, especially the classic ones!"

Betty quipped, "So help me if you say cuz they're good ol' boys, I'm gonna scream!" She then started laughing as she realized Steph had been doing it to kid Lenard.

Kara asided to Noel, "Classic. I knew all along Steph was having fun with dad and Betty." No she didn't.

Jeffery knew the questioned asked to him was rhetorical so he simply sat back and listened to the back and forth. If pushed add his two cents he would simply proclaim that “He had no leg in this race” and hold his hands up in a jokingly defensive manor.

Noel meanwhile not sure what was going on was both confused by the sudden lingo in which Steph was speaking and the ribbing that was taking place.

Kara looked at Noel almost like a puppy being trained to fetch. "You okay?"

With all the cracks finished, Jeffrey would more than likely deal a much better hand of seven to everyone and Antwan would start the game with Candy following.

Noel was embarrassed but didn't want to lie to Kara so she leaned in toward her and whispered.
"I didn't get it"

Jeff dealt all the cards and flipped the first card from the pile, revealing a 3 of clubs.

Kara grabbed her cards and sorted. With Steph's shuffling with Jeff, no misdeal. "You didn't get why Dad let Stephanie get away with ribbing him, or her ribbing itself? Either way, it goes back to 'who is her dad?' It's kinda a thing for some police families. Captain Wainwright ribs dad, so of course he's going to let Wainwright's little girl do it, too. If it's about Betty's remark, I really need to go in the attic and find my copy of The Dukes of Hazzard and their cartoon, too. They'd explain things a LOT better than I can hope to." She sounded embarrassed about that. Starting at Antwan, and coming around the table to her the suit had changed to diamonds, so Kara laid down an Ace (of diamonds).

Noel immediately after Kara would simply nod, still not truly understanding but at least she knew enough about it now that she didn't feel fully out of the loop.
"I wonder if this is the kind of environment that was meant for us, err, me, to recover in." She asked Kara, laying down an Ace of Hearts.

Steph glanced over to Noel then Kara and back to Noel as she laid a heart down. "Firecracker, don't look at it like that, please. I'm just messing with Mr. Zorel, and since he and dad constantly mess back and forth, he knows he can mess with me. I'm the apple of the Wainwright tree. I didn't fall far."

Lenard laid his own heart. "Yeah, and also learned not to say anything when a Wainwright is right.... Suffice it to say, it's all in fun. The band probably mess on each other all the time." It was finally Jeffrey's first move.

Noel blushed as she realized she had been noticed.
"Oh!, I am sorry! I didn't mean to look like anything, my apologies" She replied nervously.

"Relax Noel, they are trying to say, we are all friends here there is no real hostility going on" Jeff added, throwing down a heart card as well.

Antwan and Candy just laid cards, not wanting to add, but did nod Noel's way as if to say Jeff pegged it. Mostly because Antwan wasn't sure what to add, and Candy finally figured out, that although her throat was healed, it was sometimes wiser to save words when a nod would do.

Betty shook her head, however. "Joking around is good and all, but sometimes a joke can be taken wrong or too far." She changed the heart to spade by laying the same number as the one there, just different suit. "I mean, that hasn't happened yet, today... But it's happened to me. I'm siding with Noel. Although Jeffrey has a point. What this was, was just clowning. It's just... Yeah, I'mma shut up now before I confuse things farther."

Pat sighed as she laid the exact same card down as Betty had. "What? We've mixed seven decks of cards together. That was bound to happen eventually."

Lenard smirked as he rolled his eyes and Kara shrugged, laying a spade down.

Noel laid down the same spade as Kara.
"Oh I umm, I wasn't trying to take a different side on things" she waved her hands in front of herself defensively.

Stephanie playfully nudged her "Good idea. When it comes to playing cards do like Alabama in severe weather." She laid a different spade down.

Lenard looked confused. "Respect the polygon?"

Steph chuckled. "Nah. Be aware of changing conditions, and if nothing else, just go ahead and hibernate in the basement."

Betty rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Now THAT I understood. In other words, Noel, just let the whole mess you don't understand blow over, while keeping yourself safe, yet, at the same time don't worry about it."

Lenard just shook his head as he laid down a spade. "That got convoluted due to the explanation... At least in my book." He looked over to see if Noel faired better.

Kara looked confused for only about a moment, before apparently the sun broke through the clouds. She nodded. She, Betty and Stephanie all seemed to be on the same page.

Noel was indeed a little confused.
"So umm, just stay quiet if I am confused?" Noel asked trying to clarify.

"I don't think that's what they meant there Tiny" Jeff said laying down the same card that was down but put it to clubs now.

Kara nodded to Jeffrey and then said, "You're not far off-track. Yes, if you don't understand what the teasing, or jokes, or whatever else, is flying around, wait until things settle, and then ask the perpetrator what they meant by whatever. Especially if it starts the whole thing off."

Stephanie smirked and tapped herself in the nose as she looked over to Noel. "Bingo, bango, bungo. Kara."

Everyone had a club of one form or another all the way around to Kara who put down a King of that suit.

Back
Top Bottom