Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel was just focusing on her breathing as she realized what Steph had walked into. She stood up with Kara and was focusing on breathing. She did her best not to freak out as she noticed Nancy Drew was acting odd. She took Kara's hand and followed her and Betty up the stairs. After Lendard talked to them Noel approached her meekly, and Lenard could see on her face what she was going to do. He held a hand up to Noel and shook his head. Noel stopped and retreated taking a step back before running down the stairs and back into their corner. She everything that happened was setting in more and more and she was freaking out internally. She grasped her chest and started to hyperventilate as she curled up in their corner of the basement.

Betty ran past Kara and after Noel before Kara had a chance to blink. "Get her brother and hightail it back down and just SILENTLY hold her and rock her. Let me or Jeffrey do the talking. This wasn't either of your faults. I'll try to start now. He can finish."

Kara sighed and walked over to Jeffrey. "Hey. Look. Lecture me later for my part in this fiasco... But I think your sis needs you. She's likely blaming herself, when it took both of us to break the cop's daughter over there." She then did the other part of the order and hurried to hold and rock Noel.

Betty's words: "Noel. Listen. You aren't fully to blame here. Remember the adage It takes two to tango? Kara needs to share the guilt if not take the lion's share of it. I'm willing to bet money she encouraged you on, by any number of ways. Not that that in itself was wrong either." Kara arrived to hold and rock Noel. Betty continued. "I'm not sure either of you realized how far you were going. Seriously. I don't. And I also don't think you realized how open you were. PDA is very commendable. It shows how much you love each other. It should always be embraced. There just needs to be boundaries. Sometimes the one who has to set the boundaries is the one who would suffer the most from being caught, but without going to the other extreme. Do you understand?"

Jeffery had been in the living room with the rest of the band, they were in the middle of talking about shows and Candy's voice status.

Jeffery looked to Kara and raised an eyebrow, looking around her to see Stephanie.
"What the? what happened exactly?" He would ask and get briefed as they made their way to the basement.

Noel had curled up and had her head between her legs as she was trying her best to take deep breaths, both Kara's touch and Betty's words helping her center herself a little.

"Hey Tiny, listen, you and Kara got a little carried away, it happens, passion in the moment and all that. Especially for the less experienced, you just kind of slip from one step to another. And I know Stephanie will realize that when she settles. Plus she is going to be fine, she wasn't physically hurt and there is a lot worse psychological trauma people suffer and walk away from. Just focus on your breathing, and focus on Kara's embrace, center your mind like we were taught." He told her in a calm soothing voice, the deepness making it sound like silk.

With the three combined efforts, she stayed in her curled-up position but her breathing seemed to get under control.

Kara nodded as she continued to rock. She had actually gotten used to some of Noel's reactions and realised that her breathing had settled. She patted Noel's back as she looked at Betty and Jeffrey. "We're both..."

"I get it. That's why I was saying NOEL has to set her own boundaries. We're still here for two more days." Betty said. Turning to Jeffrey, she said, "I'm going to see if my gee-eff has come back to earth from Vulcan, and then join you on going forward. I heard Calla tell you and Antwan Candy is actually vocal, finally?" She didn't know Jeff was there when Candy could finally be heard. Betty would get caught up with Jeffrey on what was already discussed so she wouldn't rehash anything.

By the time they'd get back upstairs, Stephanie would be back enough to set the first boundary. Betty was to get on her for flirting too much, no matter how much she liked it, unless Betty liked the Vulcan version of Stephanie better. Betty admitted she was worried when Steph blanked on looks and emotions, so agreed to remind Steph to cool it. She then had Steph join in band talk and touring dates. Stephanie would actually enjoy herself.

Down in the basement, Kara finally sighed. "Noel... I'm sorry. I lost my head. Things.... They just felt so good and right. I didn't think. I didn't want it to stop."

Jeffery nodded and went with Betty to make sure everyone was on the same page with everyone, then going to the rest of the band as Betty and Stephanie talked. Welcoming them into the conversation once they wanted to join.

Noel turned and looked at Kara, taking her hand in both of hers.
"I am sorry too. I umm, I was so focused on being more assertive, and then I kind of got lost in the moment as well. I wasn't even thinking about where we were. I umm, I felt like we were the only two people in the world at that moment." She paused for a moment.
"I umm, I umm, I am worried about how far we would have gone if Stephanie didn't interrupt when she did. We should really thank her, umm later." Noel gave Kara a gentle smile and move a hand to gently cup Kara's cheek.
"It was amazing though, I umm, as it lasted, I was really enjoying it" She assured her.

Kara shook her head and closed her eyes. "There were times I was fully aware, yet I found myself focusing more on the attention you were giving me. Especially my neck. I even heard Big Ben chime the quarter hour and then the half. I was in and out. I'm without excuse. What Betty said about you setting boundaries in public... This, I'm not sure fully counted. I mean it's in the house, for crying out loud." She then looked at Noel. "Dad stopped you from apologising to Nancy Drew, because she was in shock. It probably would have upset her processing everything, which would have made matters even worse for her. She had already shut down her emotions. I noticed her blank unblinking look even with the penlight right in her eyes. Dad was a storm chaser so knows first aid and CPR. Sometimes, storm chasers are the first responders after a bad storm."

Kara shook her head and shrugged. "Maybe you can tell me what you want going forward for the next few days? Betty said there's two more days, so that means they're going home Tuesday has been cancelled by dad. He'll probably tell Captain Wainwright when he gives him the sit-rep on his daughter. After Steph rejoins the rest of us." She didn't know Steph was already back to normal and enjoying the company of Betty and the band.

Lenard once again excused himself to the home office for a private phone call. Probably to Stephanie's dad.

Noel nodded, seeing it was just her and Kara in the basement again.
"Maybe we should just hang out down here till someone tells us it's okay to go up, we don't want to go up there and Stephanie to see us and freak out or something. Oh and umm I'll try to be more vocal about my wants, but honestly, I don't even really know most of the time." She admitted.

Kara looked over, sort of gave a half grin and side hug. "Steph came to recover her and Betty's bags. I mean when she..." She stopped and made a face. "Err... Mentally returns, since she's physically here, meaning upstairs in the living room. And yeah, I was thinking like you on that front. I don't want to see her just blank out again. I mean I tore her a new one, and you... We... Ummm... Shocked her. In the selfsame day, yet."

Kara sighed. "I can't help you there. I'm not a mind reader. Heck, i I wouldn't be even if I was Supergirl. You'd want Jean Grey for that." She then gave another half grin.

Noel nodded.
"I know, but umm like, y-you have to as well, Okay? If I figure out what I want I'll tell you, but you have to tell me when you want something as well Okay? M-maybe that will even help me realize what I want." she asked.

Kara thought about it and finally nodded. "That's fair." She said. "One thing I already mentioned, which ironically you were doing quite well... But I still want to see more of it when it's not just us... Being more assertive. No more 'if that's okay'," she took a breath. "Sure asking permission is one thing, but if you know what you would like to do is already okay... Example you know my folks WANT you to cook, or let them know if you need something.... So just ask. Say mom's going to the fish market down near the pier. 'Pat, can you pick me up such and such fish for the dinner I'm making while you're there?' Boom. Done." She sighed. "So far, that's my only request."

Noel nodded.
"Okay, I'll um, I'll do my best to umm, speak more assertively. I umm I guess I'll have to think about that as I speak. No, I umm, I mean I will have to think about that as I speak." She corrected.
"Oh and if you have any more requests I can do to make myself better for you, just let me know" She spoke, seeming to think for just a second about each word as she spoke it. She nervously played with her fingers as she said this.

Kara shook her head, yet still offered a hug. "If I think of anything, Noel. And to be honest, it's more for you, and to help you than it is me.

The rest of the evening would pass and it was soon Monday morning, the day after the storm... With everyone clamoring more for breakfast than showers, after all, it wasn't like anyone could go anywhere.

Candy, despite having her voice fully back, started the morning sipping mocha and being uncharacteristically quiet.

Noel nodded at what Kara had said but wanted to add a point in.
“Well, if it’s for me, then please ask for things for you, because that is what matters most to me.” Noel asked leaning up against her.

Jeffery would be sitting beside Candy the next morning, being just as quiet as he drank his coffee. He realized she was oddly quiet, but decided she might just be enjoying her mocha and if it continued he would ask about it.

Noel would have decided to drink the same thing as Kara as they sat beside each other, she still felt odd around Stephanie, not sure if she was mad or disgusted by them.

Kara was drinking a mocha as well, having actually made both Candy's and Noel's... Pouring the coffee directly on the hot chocolate mix and stirring. The Pop star had thanked Kara, but that was the last thing she had said.

Kara had agreed to what Noel asked, but now as they say together, with Stephanie across from them, Kara was wondering if she really HAD anything specific she wanted.

Stephanie was watching the body language of both and finally sighed, breaking the ice at the whole table. "Noel, I'm not mad at you. Kara and Noel, I'm not disgusted with either of you... I'm more disgusted by my own behavior. At 16, I should be able to walk in on something like that, considering I think about doing the same thing with a girlfriend... Although I just MET Betty and I'm not ready for that step with her. Kara, what are you afraid of?"

Kara looked up and was about to deny her fear, when Stephanie gave the frown that warned Kara NOT to deny what Stephanie could clearly see. She sighed. "I'm afraid... Ummm, Noel... You might think it's silly... And mom won't let me."

Stephanie continued to sip her breakfast tea, seemingly satisfied.

Pat glanced at Noel, then back to Kara, and across the long table to Lenard who only shrugged.

Stephanie looked over to Candy next. "Forgive my saying, Miss Candy, but I can tell by your body language.... You're concerned about something. Thus why you're so quiet. Kara's not the only one that needs to come clean."

Noel looked up at Kara as she struggled to say her fear, having been holding her mocha in both hands she gingerly placed it on the coaster.
"Kara..."
She took both of Kara's hands in hers, helping her in putting her drink down if she had been holding it.
"Even if I think it's silly, I want to know, and, trust me I am the last one who should be judging the fears of others. Remember we promised to tell each other everything." She spoke to her quietly, nearly whispering.

Jeffery looked down at Candy mid-sip as Stephanie pointed out her silence, having taken another sip of coffee.
"You are uncharacteristically quiet this morning. Why not set a good example for the others and speak your mind?" He suggested with a calm and soft tone.

Candy looked around as Kara blushed at Noel's words. She looked catty-corner over to Stephanie who raised an eyebrow as the gazes met. With a sigh, she put her mocha down. "You sure earned your nickname, Nancy Drew." She said calmly. She looked over to Jeffrey. "After hearing about the fallen cell tower, and roofs that fell in.... I'm concerned about the old house the band has. Unlike the Zorels' here, that roof isn't gabled. It's mostly flat with a slight slope in some areas. We both heard the report at the airport. We're out towards the mountains where more fell. Thirty inches are sitting on that flat roof." A sigh. "Maybe more."

Lenard put the paper aside. It was Saturday's, the last one that could be delivered, but Pat was finally done with it. "Listen to yourself. Candy, you're fretting over the wrong thing. Chuck, his fiancee and Wendy are fine. They can only contact via landline, right."

Candy pointed out that they were safe at the fiancee's.

Lenard nodded. "That's my point. You're whole band is fine. Three of them are here, two there... But they're safe and in no danger. Chief Quimby and the precinct Captains want nobody traveling, even to access things, because the temperature isn't even going to reach 30 today. The roads are sheets of ice. Now, if you want to go against the emergency services' orders and break your bones trying to get there... Well, I can't stop you; you're an adult. But know this: If you go against the stay where you are orders, and they have to risk their necks to rescue you.... QUIMBY said you will be charged with reckless endangerment and at the VERY least, fined. You WILL pay for your own transport to the hospital." He took a breath. "Over a house. Sounds like it's not worth it. Right? Especially with everyone currently safe?"

Candy nodded and went back to her mocha and quietly sipping. She didn't usually stay quiet at morning coffee. She looked at Jeffrey. "I'm also concerned about plans without the whole band present. Although I'm almost ready to approve what you four spoke about, I'd like Chuck and Wendy to hear the ideas you batted around. Submit them for their approval, too." Yes, Candy went Rod Serling on Jeff. "Either that, or set up a conference call or Skype, or Zoom, with those two and get them involved. Please. I'm done and going to finish my mocha in piece." She smiled.

Kara saw how painless it was for Candy and offered to try. "I don't have to actually cook, but I want to prepare the vegetables and tomatoes. And whatever else this afternoon. Look. I know I'm an accident waiting to happen in COOKING Mexican fare... But what kind of damage do I cause preparing vegetables?"

Pat shook her head. "I know you, Kara. You won't be satisfied with just dicing vegetables and tomatoes for those two. Tell you what. I told Noel she was in charge, so I'll let her have the final say... But she's going in prepared." She got up and went to the hall closet and pulled out a shoe box. She set it in front of Lenard who nodded, and rifled through it. Pat brought over the pictures that indeed spoke volumes of Kara's inability on Mexican food. Every pot and skillet, burnt. Tortillas that even looked unappetizing and crispy. It was even pointed out what each thing was supposed to be. One sludge looking mess was supposed to have been refried beans. Spanish rice was overdone and pretty much black at the bottom. The only things edible in all the pictures were the seasoned meat (although obviously well done) and the fixings. "What was supposed to be tacos, we ate on bread, Noel. This is why she's banned from ever doing Mexican again under this roof."

Jeffery nodded looking at Candy as she made her requests.
"Oh don't worry, I have recorded everything we have discussed on my phone and I plan to send them the information after, and nothing is going to be made official till we can all get together again and discuss." He explained,

Noel listened to them and looked at then Photos not being able but to help chuckle at all the mistakes.
"How is that even possible? wow, Well Kara, you can cut the onions and veggies, and lettuce. All this stuff seems like cooking issues not chopping." Noel told Kara with a smile.

Everyone seemed satisfied with what ever answers were provided by whomever. Betty asked Noel if she'd let her serve as she had with Candy and Jeffrey.

Candy cleared her throat. "You're not going to get rusty or weak that quickly, Bets. Enjoy your forced vacation, will ya?" She then asided to Jeff, "I've been waiting too long to finally say that with some authority." That earned a chuckle from nearby Lenard.

Kara sighed as the pictures were shown, but perked up once she was told she would be busy that afternoon after all.

Lenard looked at the gathered coffee drinkers. Every one was seated at the table except Calla who was missing (read: still in bed). "Well, gang... What do you all want to do today? It's nine-thirty, and our cooks don't need to get started until two. The earliest."

Noel smiled at betty,
"You don't have to but if it would actually make you happy then you can, but there again is no need." Despite what Candy said if Betty enjoyed it then Noel would let her serve the food.

Sitting at the table Jeffery looked around to the others before mentioning an idea.
"Well, perhaps we could find a game like that puzzle to play. Perhaps we can play a trivia game or something of the like?" he suggested.

Lenard nodded. "Have plenty of puzzles, mostly landscapes and cityscapes like yesterday's Times Square. A few seascapes. One is a 1500 of the USS Constitution at port. Lots of sky in that one. Definitely have Trivia. Ripley's History, MeTV and plain Trivia Pursuit." He shrugged. "Other board and card games."

Betty, meanwhile, thanked Noel... And so did Stephanie. Apparently she wanted Betty happy, too.

Kara sat there quietly and finished her mocha. She really didn't care what game was decided on.

Jeffery nodded, not caring which game they had played either, so he let the others decided.

Noel wasn't going to say anything either but then she remembered what Kara had said about wanting her to be more assertive.
"ma- uhh, we can play Trivial Pursuit" She suggested.

Candy gave a smirk at Noel then Jeffrey. "Someone came to life..." She asided to Jeffrey. "I'm curious about that Ripley's History." She said to Lenard.

"It's similar to Trivial Pursuit, but it's only on bizarre facts of history. Just like MeTV is all about classic television shows that left a mark on the medium. I'm surprised that neither Nancy Drew or Kara were interested in that one."

Kara popped her head up with a "huh?"

Stephanie acted hurt, and huffed, "Hey! I resemble that remark!"

Pat laughed heartily. "That was kinda th' point, luv!"

Stephanie made a face, not realizing the impact of her remark. By the look on her face, it needed explained to her. "It was? Say what?"

Lenard shook his head as Calla joined the table with some coffee. "Well. Let's put it to a vote. "Who wants to play Ripley's with Candy?" Steph's had shot right up as did Pat's and Calla's. Kara was hemming and hawing enough that Jeffrey could sneak in and take the coveted fifth spot.

Kara actually wanted to play with both Noel AND Candy! She was clearly torn, causing indecisiveness.

Jeffery rose his hand, not really minding which game was played. Jeffery also looked at Stephanie and whispered.
"Did you mean resent?" He asked seeing as she was confused by the reaction.

Noel could see Kara's indecisiveness so decided to help her by raising her hand.
"I think it would be more fun if we all played together."

Back
Top Bottom