Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel paused at the questions, not wanting to make Kara sadder but at the same time not wanting to say no to Kara.
"Oh umm yes, my favorite color at the time was on the list, and that was the one I picked."
At the second question, Noel paused trying to think of an answer
"Oh! Oh! my mum would let me help her pick what she was going to wear sometimes"

Kara seemed to relax. She wanted to believe Noel, but part of her was starting to wonder if Noel was trying to spare her feelings, especially since it was clear that Kara genuinely hurt for her. At the fact she would get to help her mom pick out clothes... Well she had to smile about that.

Calla had gone upstairs and had noticed the two playing Texas Hold 'Em. Candy raised an eyebrow and looked suspiciously at Calla when she asked to play... With a change in the rules. Candy frowned and looked at Jeffrey, pretty much asking him to ask.

If he did, Calla would smirk and say "Lowest loser loses a stitch of clothing."

Candy would then make a note to Jeff. Be very careful. She knows Poker backwards and forwards and is a major hustler. Ever see The Hustler with Newman and Gleason? Calla is the Minnesota Fats of poker! It was a warning.

Noel held Kara in her arms again seeing that had cheered her up a little.
"See it wasn't all bad I did have some choice, it's okay." She whispered as she continued to rub Kara's back.

Jeffery nodded.
"What rules you use?" He asked.
He was going to reply then read the note.
"Well usually I would be down for that, though considering our location, I am not sure how appropriate that is, though if I am outvoted, I won't say no. I just would like my observation noted."

Candy was shaking her head. She wasn't interested.

Calla sighed. "The way you two are playing is the boring way. Just wanted to spice it up." She looked between the two. "So... Who's winning?"

Candy flipped it back to the score page. Candy had gotten as high as 930, but was down to 600, meaning Jeffrey was on a winning streak, and was the one with 900. And Jeffrey's deal.

Candy was apparently hoping his streak was at an end, and wrote Blind 50 Ante Then dropped her total to 550.

Calla shook her head. "Bosslady trying to play the odds." She laughed, and watched.

Kara had to agree, it wasn't all bad. There were just so many red flags, plus she had heard her parents discussing ways to distract both girls should Noel's parents show up... And it always seemed to involve either Jeffrey or Detectives Andersen or Brown... With Brinker and/or Knight being in conversation with Zorels and Sterlings (when it happens), prior to the storm that had the ten people currently stranded at the Zorel home.

(Does Betty take Steph's offer? If so, they claim Kara's room)

Jeffery nodded for her to join provided she uses their point system.
His luck would seem to continue as they went on. It would seem he was no slouch in poker either.

Betty would take her offer to share that room.

Once Kara had calmed down a little more, happy to see she was seeing her life wasn't all terrible. She held her, and she wanted to kiss, her and hesitated but remembered Kara told her to be assertive, though she wanted to make sure she didn't misread the situation so she spoke up.
"Umm. K-K-Kara, c-c-can I, I mean I want to, if it's okay, coul-could we umm, k-kiss maybe?"

Kara nodded. "You know... You could always move in for one. Consider it part of your assertiveness training." She gave a smirk. After the kiss, she hummed. "You know... Our dinner schedule went out the window due to the early fall storm. We haven't had your burritos yet. Candy's was probably considered Italian because of the spices and salad and fresh berry dessert. Although I would be banned from helping, tomorrow would be a great opportunity for you to make your burritos your way. I heard Stephanie, although not any Hispanic heritage, makes a killer guacamole. We have four avocados, which she'll probably have to use all, but you two could do some bff bonding?"

They both knew Pat would allow Noel to do dinner, with the caveat of Kara being banned from the kitchen during preparation, leaving only Stephanie as the variable, who would jump at the chance of doing some home ec cooking with her teammate and best friend.

Candy shook her head as she looked at her total of 500. She had folded prior to an opening bid on Calla's deal. She didn't see a chance with a two and five and would have to put the 25 in before exchanging either or both cards. It wasn't worth it. It was back to her deal, and shot the two cards out and turned over an Ace of clubs. With a sigh and groan, she looked at her two cards and grimaced. She anted the 25 to open, Calla called and asked to exchange one card. She gave away no indication of whether it was good bad or indifferent. Without realizing it, Candy had sent a false message of another bad hand, despite having two aces. She had three of a kind before and Jeffrey had STILL beat her.

Noel seemed confused as Kara told her to move in.
"Move in, aren't I, I mean, I thought I already did that?"
"Oh yeah, though I would really want to cook with you I wouldn't mind getting some time in with her as well, plus a nice Guac could go nicely in my burritos."

Jeffery was on a hot streak and his queen and king of clubs were looking good. THough as through the whole game his face remained unchanged, completely mono, so was his tone. He went in on it. He was sitting pretty with the largest amount of points.

Candy flipped over the second and third card. Both were clubs. A ten and seven. There were two cards left to flip, and there was a good chance someone had a flush which would beat her three of a kind. Candy put a bet of ten in. There were two face down cards. An ace would be a four of a kind a ten or seven got her the full house. She liked her odds. Both those hands would give her an excellent chance of winning. Calla saw the ten and raised fifteen. She gave no sign of whether she was pleased to see Candy balk before calling. Jeffrey would have to see 25 now to be even. Would he?

Kara giggled. "Of course you're moved in... I meant, a way to be assertive is to move in for the kiss, assuming you're going to get it." She then said, "Another way to be assertive is boldly go to mom and say you'd like to make burritos for dinner tomorrow. Don't ask, you know mom. She'll say okay." She took a breath. "Ask Stephanie if she would like to help... I mean, cop's daughter... That intimidates ME, even."

Jeffery saw he also had pretty good odds at getting the royal flush, all he needed was the jack. Though he exposed nothing, hesitating for a moment before going in on it.

Noel took a breath and then kissed Kara. Wrapping her arms around her and gently pulling her to lay on the mat as they kissed.

The fourth card flipped. Seven of hearts. One more round of betting. There was the full house. Candy gave away nothing for the first time this hand. She drummed her fingers and checked. Calla either had a good hand or was bluffing, but with her face who could tell? Her bid of 50 was the only clue. It was to Jeffrey, would he call, raise or fold? Having checked, Candy had to wait until those two were finished betting. Calla's slow blink was daring him to at least call. She HAD to have something good, but her poker face was completely empty of any emotions. Mr. Spock would be proud.

Kara let herself be pulled into a laying position and after returning several kisses said, "Much better... But I'd still claim Monday dinner, and Stephanie's help before someone else decides to make dinner tomorrow... Including her."

Jeffery paused his usual pause, then called, not wanting to raise as his odds of getting that jack of clubs was less likely.

"I so umm, r-right now?" she asked not wanting to stop her moment with Kara.

(clubs? In order: A-club, 10c, 7c, 7h I haven't turned last card yet.)
Candy also only called before flipping the last card (whew. Playing it real. Just whew) it was the King of diamonds.

Candy took a deep breath. She didn't know what Calla had, but she felt pretty good, now. "500 points. All in." Her voice was clear with just a hint of rawness. Win or lose, she apparently wanted to go to bed, and she was oozing confidence.

Calla rolled her eyes. "Call. Your voice is back. Nice. Still sounds raw, bosslady. Forgive my saying so... But hush. At least another eight hours, anyhoo."

Kara smirked. "Assertive training. I'm not going anywhere, but someone might claim it, and don't you want to work with and feed your bestie before she goes home?"

Jeffery nodded. "One more sleep and it sounds like you might be good," He said also called, though in a more serious game he would have folded.

"Ugh, fine..." She sighed and stood up, running up the stairs to Pat.
"C-can I umm, can I cook dinner tomorrow, b-burritos" If she said yes then she would go and ask Stephanie to join her and make her guac.

Pat chuckled and nodded. "Kara sent you for an assertiveness lesson, didn't she? Word of advice? If we have a crowd like this again, don't ask. You know we want you to cook. Tell me what you have in mind, and ask only if someone else isn't doing something similar. Like this," she cleared her throat. "Pat? I'd like to cook such and such for dinner. Has anyone taken anything like that, yet?" She smiled. "You have someone in mind for a helper? Remember... Kara is banned from helping with anything Mexican. You know why."

Stephanie would be up in Kara's room with Betty, the door all but closed. There would be innuendo coming from the other side unless she understood bra talk:

Betty: I thought you said you wanted this. Getting mixed signals here.

Stephanie: Absolutely. I know it's not done right. They keep pinching.

Betty: Then hold still and stop putting your arms up. For the right feel, they need to be to the side or pinching will be the least of your worries. Hmm, for not that full, you sure are big.

Stephanie: What's that supposed to mean?!

Betty: Relax, hon. I don't doubt the cup size of C, but you're 40. No wonder they're tight! If you've always had your arms up, no wonder the readings were false. Okay. Put your shirt back on... And get 40C from now on... I can guarantee with 85% certainty... No more pinching, unless you tell me I can. I can't be 100 if you're going to insist on Target or Walmart."

Stephanie: Like you can do better on a waitress salary!

Betty (laughing): Touché, Nancy Drew!

Noel nodded at Pat's question.
"Y-yeah, and umm, Y-yes I'll do better in the future. Th-thank you. Sorry" She was embarrassed but happily moved on as she asked about a partner.

"Y-yeah I am going to ask Stephanie about helping me and making her Guac." She explained. When Pat told her that Nancy Drew went upstairs to Kara's room she would go up and not quite know the bra talk but also assume it was okay to go in since the door wasn't fully closed and she opened the door.
"Hey, Steph can you help me with Dinner tomorrow?" She would ask even before she had a chance to observe the room or what was happening.

(oh. End of game!)

Candy continued to ooze confidence as she laid her two aces down by the other ace to show her full house.

Calla could only shake her head. "Beaten on a technicality." She sighed, showing two tens. She also had had a full house. No wonder she played more for keeps once the ten was up. "Pretty unusual to have two three of a kinds in the same hand." She looked at Jeffrey. "What'd you have, sport? Good hand, too?"

Stephanie smiled. Her polo pulled down where it belonged, barely in time. "Whatcha plan on making, Firecracker? I mean, yeah regardless, but helping means adding something to the table. I'd like to have a heads up to complement your dish."

Betty was still holding the incriminating fashion tape with her thumb on the 40". Stephanie hadn't had a chance to write down the number yet. She wasn't going to be the one to get on Noel. Stephanie only wanted her bust measured and that was done. Completely innocent. Nothing to see here!

Jeff smiled and placed down his king and queen of clubs, one jack away from a royal flush.
"Yeah, well almost. Good game ladies."

Noel paused for a minute as her mind tried to process what was happening, but she shook it off and replied.
"Oh yes I am making Burritos, and I heard you make a mean Guac, if that is okay with you that is. H-hey Betty, I didn't interrupt anything did I? I probably should have knocked." She admitted.

Candy flipped over the next card and gave a slight giggle pointing to the Jack of spades.

Calla looked and shrugged. "I don't get it, bosslady. A royal straight is still just a straight." She shook her head at Candy's wide eyed look. Candy then gawked at Jeffrey. "I think you need a nap, Candy." She chuckled.

Stephanie nodded with a smile. "Oh yes indeed! But that's something that can be added TO your burritos when wrapping them. I'm talking actual side. I wonder if the Zorels have the ingredients for fresh Spanish corn..."

"Heard of Spanish rice... But not Spanish corn." Betty stated slowly, an eyebrow raised. "Don't you mean Southwestern style corn, Steph?" She glanced at Noel. "No, you didn't interrupt. We just met. I move fast, just not THAT fast. And never with matters of the heart."

Jeffery raised an eyebrow, how could she have forgotten about the infamous royal flush? But he didn't pry on it and simply smiled and nodded.

Noel nodded at the talk about the food, agreeing to her sides. But she blushed when the matter of her interruption came up.
"Oh umm good, still I really should have knocked. Anyway, that is all I cam to ask, umm thanks" Noel would wave to them and if they didn't ask her more question or to stay would make her way down to let Pat know Nancy Drew agreed to help her before making her way back to Kara.

Calla looked at Jeffrey. "Not you too? That is the Jack of SPADES, you needed the club. All you would have had with that would be a royal straight not a royal flush. Royal STRAIGHT is still only a straight. Nothing extra for it. Straights don't beat a full house.

Pat nodded to Noel's mention. "Sounds good. What time you think you'll be starting?"

Jeffery slapped his palm to his forehead.
"No I was talking about the hand I was hoping for, not what I would have had one turn later. Royal straight isn't even a real thing, it's just a straight." He stated.

Noel paused.
"Well the burritos themselves don't take too long but I'll have to check with Nancy Drew on how long her stuff will take. Though at least forty minutes before dinner I guess." She suggested.

Pat wrinkled her nose. "Mmmk, then have her start whatever she's doing at quarter of four, then start your ground meat and spice it when Big Ben and the cuckoo strike the hour of four. I'm letting you be in charge. Pull out a five pound roll of ground beef from the freezer, and put it in the bottom of the refrigerator. Then go spend time with Kara. As I said... I'm letting you have full control of tomorrow's dinner." She gave a smile before watching for Lenard to come back out of the home office.

Calla shook her head. "That's what I said. (It is. Some people say they have a royal straight, Calla said a royal straight is still just a straight) Well, regardless, never mind, now. We need to go back downstairs and let Candy go to sleep."

Noel nodded and happily returned down the stairs to where Kara was.
"Kara, I'm back" she whispered as she entered.

Jeffery nodded with a smile.
"I think we are all saying the same thing, perhaps we could all use some rest." He stated with a smile.

Kara smiled. She was waiting at the bottom of the steps. She got a little cheeky, saying, "Looks like your front to me!" Her tongue hung out slightly and she gave a wink. "So we all set up for Burrito Monday? I kinda overheard mom tell you to pull down the meat and you're in charge." Apparently she wanted to help, but could only prepare by dicing vegetables for Noel and Stephanie. "Yes, I also heard mom tell you I have to leave the kitchen, but I tolja that. 3:45, I think. When Stephanie starts her stuff."

Calla shrugged. "Not tired. Anyhoo. Did you ever get on horn dog to let the GIRL decide when she's ready and if she's interested? And what lesbian means?" Candy threw her notebook at Calla. Direct hit. "Ouch!" She read quickly. "Betty's a big girl. Let her handle it." She looked over to see Candy glaring at her. "We've been trying that, bosslady. It's not getting through to Antwan. Betty's trying to ignore him now and is sort of starting to be clingy to Stephanie, just like her last girlfriend. Maybe Steph likes clingy girls, but Betty shouldn't have to feel that way. He was down there being flirty again. He'd direct some of that your or my way, I wouldn't have a problem. Unless he doesn't listen to us."

Candy threw up her hands in mock surrender, and then nodded to Jeffrey. He was the manager, after all.

Noel giggled at her joke and nodded along with her questions, it seems like Kara had already learned everything she had done.
"well aren't you perceptive, miss dad jokes" She teased and took her hand. She leads her back to their matt and kissed her.
'So umm, where were we?" She asked trying to be a little more assertive like Kara had asked.

"Okay, okay. I'll make sure Antwan gets the point, but the whole Stephanie Betty thing is out of my wheelhouse, that is her business." He declared getting up to go find Antwan

Back
Top Bottom