Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Betty waved them off. "I need the practice." She commented.

The only ones that took some mashed yams (unless Jeff and Noel did), were Pat, Kara, Stephanie and Calla. Candy took like a little bit. Betty waved it off at first, as if she was following the cooks' lead. Candy not taking much wouldn't completely seal the deal... There was still Jeffrey. Candy continued to claim the not that hungry story. Even Antwan found it unusual. Something was bothering the pop artist.

Kara really wouldn't have a free hand until her sausage burger was half gone. She had a little bit of all the veggies and thanked both cooks and the server, saying to Betty she couldn't help but to thank her since she didn't have to serve everyone.

As the dinner wrapped up, Pat mentioned the berries in the refrigerator for dessert, Candy waved them off and asked silently to be excused. Lenard shrugged and nodded. If she wasn't hungry, she wasn't hungry.

"Okay. Something is def wrong with boss lady." Calla said. "I've never seen her pass on a fruit dessert, before. Never."

Candy would be found upstairs making the bed in Noel's room, quietly sniffling.

Both Noel and Jeffery would have taken the smashed Yam.

Jeffery and Noel would both finish pretty quickly and Jeffery would accept the dessert, Though took the other's words on it that something was bothering Candy once she left.
"Any idea what it might be?" He would ask once it was brought up. Though if not given an answer he would excuse himself get up and follow her to the room.

Noel once able would take Kara's hand and wave off the desert as well, instead choosing to lightly lean on Kara. If Kara had taken the dessert she would sit with her as she ate. If not she would ask her if she wanted to stay or if they should excuse themselves as well.

Kara definitely wanted the mixed berries. She looked at Noel surprised. "Berries are good for you. A bunch mixed together. Blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry. Just slightly sweetened. With or without milk. Most healthy dessert you can eat." She looked to her mom. "I want mine with." She said. Stephanie, Lenard and Calla were the only others (besides Pat) that would have milk, unless Jeffrey did.

Betty shook her head. "She can't use allergies as an excuse, but that has been legitimate before. Especially in late September early October. Only thing is... That excuse would be out the window this time. There's two feet of snow, and it's too chilly to stir up the pollen."

Calla scoffed. "Bosslady loves to use her voice. If she tries to claim allergies? She's allergic to not talking. I'd wait til after you eat dessert, Jeff."

A note would be sitting on the bed, with her sitting opposite it, facing out the second floor window. It read I know what Calla would have said about being allergic to not talking. I think she's got something there. This is driving me bonkers! Whoever came up would see that.

Noel blushed.
"Well umm lots of fruits especially grapes and banana's have high levels of sugar, natural yeah but still. I umm I am okay thanks."

Jeffery nodded and took a seat, actually taking some fruit without milk.
"Don't blame her Kara, she has been brainwashed by our parents, took me a good few years to break it and she got it much worse than I or my brothers did"

Once Jeff was done eating he would excuse himself and go to Candy, seeing the note and walking over to Candy.
"I know, it can't be easy, especially when you have so much to say. I hope you know I do not push it so hard because I want you to suffer. It's so you can talk. I know you hate this, but it's short-term pain for long-term ease. Basically, hard-talking for months, maybe even years. Or twenty-four hours of not talking to get your voice back in full" He tried to explain.

Pat heard, but Lenard was on the other side of the table, where Pat usually was at. "While that may be true, take a look around the house. Or in our refrigerator. You see apples, oranges, berries, peaches, pineapple, pears, tomatoes, cucumbers and avocados. Occasionally you'll see red grapes. If we want a banana, we usually buy it out, and often for on the go right then." She pointed to the pantry. "If you look at our canned ones, it's usually the same ones, plus mandarins, all in their own juices. Never in syrup." She smiled. "Check on line. You'll notice all those have great nutritional value, and are surprisingly lower in sugar than you may have been told. The berries are some of the lowest in sugar that you can eat. Avocado IS the lowest, it's just higher in fat, something you could use some of, right? Isn't that what that doctor at the hospital said? If you want a fruit, any fruit in there, just take it, that's why they're there. Just let us know if it's the last one."

Candy looked up, and took her pad. I'm the boss, though. I'm supposed to greet, teach, give advice, lecture if I have to... That's what I was taught a good employer does. I actually feel like I've been neglecting my duties the last few weeks. Not counting the five days actually laid up in the hospital, but not verbally greeting. That one has been the hardest. Especially, today. I feel bad I didn't greet any of you today, why do you think I give in and counsel every day? It's who I am! She didn't look ready to cry, but she was definitely frustrated because this silence to her was equal to being a bad employer.

Noel blushed.
“Y-yeah I suppose...” Noel felt conflicted.

Jeff meanwhile placed a hand on Candies back.
“Hey listen, if you can just make it through this little patch, then all that returns. And no one thinks you are a bad employer. We all know your situation. You are amazing most bosses would have done nothing as they healed. You do much more than that.”

Kara rubbed Noel's back after finishing her fruit bowl. "How about you start a little lower on the fat content with a tomato or strawberry right after exercising in the morning."

Pat pointed at Kara, "And get that one up to exercise with you, but you try to rest until about five thirty. Four seems a bit early. Only things up at that hour is the papergirl, Batman and Robin, and vampires. Maybe a milkman if there's any that still deliver. And right now? I don't think even the papergirl is out that early right now with all the snow!"

Candy sighed. Then I guess I better stay here the rest of the night. That way I'm not tempted. Twenty four hours without speaking would end at seven tomorrow morning... If we don't count my needing to apologize because of sausage greasy hands about 2:30 this afternoon. It wouldn't matter. She was almost healed then, she'd be healed by the next morning... Because, finally, she had been kept quiet long enough to let her throat heal.

Jeff read the book and nodded.
"As much as I know everyone would love to have you back down at the party. That isn't a bad idea. I can even stay up here with you." Jeff offered, rubbing Candies back.

Noel nodded.
"heh, deal, Kara you get up early and exercise with me and we can both have a little treat afterward." She offered, holding a hand out to shake.

Candy frowned. No. You go have fun. Enjoy the time with your sister. Visit. With two feet out there, we're probably here until Wednesday. Lenard said Wednesday is the warm-up. Tomorrow and Tuesday are a maybe. Even without talking, Candy couldn't keep a secret. She was told, and then told not to say anything, because Lenard didn't want to give false hope, like when he told Stephanie earlier she might be able to go home Tuesday. They had lost Tuesday. It wasn't going to be as warm. Wednesday DID look a lot more promising.

Kara nodded and shook hands. "Wait. Five thirty? What time do I have to be asleep tonight?"

Pat thought for a minute. "For nine hours? Eight thirty."

Pat shook her head. "Kara needs nine hours or she's irritable. You might not need as much, but we've learned... Supergirl is Cranky Puss unless it's eight to nine.

Pat nodded. "You were trained to go on less. Growing up, you should have been allowed to get more sleep. As you get older, you tend to need less. Unless he pulls a real long shift, that's about normal for Lenard. I could get by on six, but I prefer seven." She then shook her head. "I need a few volunteers who weren't involved earlier, to do the dishes." Betty and Stephanie got up from the table. "Thanks, Stephanie. Betty, no. You served."

"Gotcher back, Bets." Calla said calmly, getting up.

"So, I guess everyone is now excused." Pat said. Let's all go to the living room or wherever you want."

Kara was torn between seeing if Jeffrey was going to host anything, and retiring to the home gym in the basement and her shared mat with Noel.

Noel shook her head.
"My parents had us getting eight, though after my late teens I started to wake up early, then just lay in bed since I needed eight hours. But then I felt really tired, eventually, I just got up when I woke up and it felt much better. The only time I sleep more is when I get depressed." She admitted.

Jeffery shook his head.
"Hey, my sister has everyone down there. I want to be here for you" He told Candy.

(Sorry I know that reply was late)

Candy smirked slightly and shook her head. Not going to be much company if I'm laying down... Sure I'm not tired right now. Very well, what do you want to do; something non-work related. I'm still serious about this being fun time.

The time was, according to Big Ben chiming quarter past five. Lenard had everyone but the dishwashers. Pat nodded her head towards the living room to see if Noel and Kara would care to visit with Betty and Antwan. Both in separate chairs leaving the couch wide open.

"Heh, the perfect game for a temporary mute might be charades? Or Pictionary, though I guess then I would always have to guess. Hmm a card game maybe?" He suggested.

Noel would simply go where Kara lead her if Kara wanted to go back down to the basement she would go but if Kara wanted to go to the couch she would follow her.

Candy gave a silent chuckle. Ever play Spades or Texas Hold 'Em? she asked via notepad. Which ever Jeffrey picked, they would do, with Candy keeping score.
If Texas Hold 'Em, she would start both of them with 750 points. Twenty-five to ante (open) and then one or more points on bids during the hand.

Kara felt like she was doing all the decision making and sighed. "Noel. This should be because you want to as well. Sure, I'd like to chat with the band, but this affects you, too. If you want to, then that's okay. If you're not really in the mood... I mean Candy wasn't. I think your brother chose to stay there because he knew something was wrong. Granted he's the manager. He can talk to the band anytime... But I'd really like you to make some of our decisions, too. You choose what you want."

Jeffery nodded.
"Oh yes, Texas Hold'em sounds like a fun time." Once she had written down and explained the point system they would use he got a deck of cards and started to shuffle before dealing.

When Kara said this to Noel she blushed, assuming she was talking about how Noel had wanted Kara to make the first move for when they made love for the first time. But once the momentary feeling of embarrassment passed she felt a wave of guilt and sadness. Had she been a bad girlfriend? Had she been really forcing every decision on Kara? Maybe she was more of the reason Kara snapped than she thought, if she had been good then maybe it would not have happened. For a moment to the more observant it looked like KAra might cry, but she swallowed that and managed a soft-spoken reply.
"Oh I umm, I-I'm s-s-sorry Kara I j-just wanted to make s-sure y-you were happy, w-we can go s-sit with the band" She suggested, though in reality, she picked that because she thought that's what Kara wanted. Likely missing the point of what Kara had said.

Noel had indeed completely missed the point. Kara was trying to urge Noel to be more assertive. She even looked more like she was about to cry. There were things unsaid that wouldn't take Stephanie Wainwright (aka Nancy Drew) to spot in Noel. Noel's auburn haired friend even turned and glanced at her worriedly before turning around and finishing her chore with the other red head, who was definitely redder than Steph's.

Kara took both Noel's hands in hers. She then said quietly so the dishwashers couldn't hear (Pat had gone into the living room. "Why are you so worried? It doesn't always have to be something I want to do. I'm not going to just suddenly tell you no when I asked for you to decide." She kissed both hands at the same time. "C'mon. Let's just go downstairs. I did say what YOU wanted, not what I wanted. They'll still be here tomorrow. You heard dad. It'll be too dangerous for them to leave until Tuesday sometime." She wasn't upstairs to read that that was changed due to Tuesday not going to be as warm, or as warm as long as Lenard originally thought. Only Candy was told, and so far, of her people, only Jeffrey was privy to the information.

Noel whispered back to her, again so others wouldn't hear.
"I umm, I just want you to be happy, I'm sorry. Uhh, I would love to go back downstairs, get some more, us time." She admitted gently resting her head on Kara's as they whispered.

Lenard had excused himself as he heard his phone in the home office (where Kara and Noel watched TV and alphabetized his shows, as well as Kara and Pat reclaiming their series DVDs). He closed the door as he answered.

Meanwhile, the redheads were finished, and came into the living room. Stephanie sat on the arm of the chair Betty was in and draped an arm around her. "Hey, you." She smiled to the waitress. "Wouldn't mind some alone time to get to know you better. You want to go upstairs and claim one of the other bedrooms? I'd say down in the home gym, but Kara and Noel need to talk, and don't want to bother them."

Kara led Noel back to their little corner, stretching out on the mat. She shivered slightly, not from cold or anticipation, but different nerves. "Noel... Please stop apologizing, I'm not blaming you and I have no intention to." She sighed, and invited a stretch out with her. "It's scary to take initiative. I know that. But you also know there isn't a single Zorel that's going to judge you. At all. Please... Never be afraid to speak your mind. I liked that Kung Fu Panda kick-ass girl I saw at the theatre. I also like the shy girl... Can you trust me to like an assertive one?"

Noel blushed as she heard them talk about how she and Kara needed the basement. But she didn't think too much about it, mostly because they were right, it seemed she needed to have a chat with Kara.

Noel twired her fingers together as Kara explained how she wanted Noel to be more assertive. That she had seen a glimpse of that side of her at the theater and wanted to see more. As she was invited to sit and stretch she would take it, sitting by Kara happily.
"I'm s- I umm I know... I mean... when I am fighting, it's different, I have been doing that my whole life, b-but t-talking about relationship stuff, and making decisions on what to do... I... I have really done that stuff before... From my food to my clothes and even what I did in the day. As I grew up that's all I knew and even after I went to high school to get some freedom, that.. he, told me what to do when, and decided where we ate... so this is really new to me." She tried to explain.

Hopefully Noel saw the pain in Kara's eyes as Noel had said that. Kara shook her head. "Th-That's not love." Tears were streaming. "Th-That's called control. You c-could... You couldn't make ONE decision? Y-You w-weren't al-allowed?" Noel would find herself in a hug with Kara weeping on her. "P-prom-promise me you'll t-tell D-Doc..." She blubbered. P-prom-promise me-hee-hee-hee." She obviously had no advice. She didn't even know how to handle it except to cry over her.

"Oh! Kara, I am sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. I'll tell her I promise."
Noel hugged her back, seeming confused at why Kara was reacting this way, to her she simply was raised like everyone else, she didn't know any different.

"And I mean umm, I was too young to pick, I didn't know any better when I was a kid, even now I don't feel like I really know enough to make a lot of the decisions that I need to," Noel thought for a bit rubbing Kara's back as she was crying trying to think of something she could say that might cheer her up.
"Oh! when I was eleven I got to pick the color my room was painted, well I was able to pick from a list, but it's still a choice." She tried to reassure her still holding her close and rubbing her back.

After a few more sniffles, Kara pulled back, tears still streaming. "From a list?" She shook her head. "You should have been the one allowed to write down the colors you liked. Your personal favorites. Including your number one favorite. Was that color (Noel's absolute favorite) even on the list?" By the look in her eyes, Kara was afraid it wasn't. She shook her head emphatically. "Your HISTORY, stuff I need to learn, made me cry. My heart breaks for you. That is your past, so the people who shaped it made me cry. Not you. You just said it. You were a kid. Did he EVER let YOU make decisions for yourself? Teach you lovingly HOW to make your own decisions?"

Well... If Kara was a glutton for heartbreak, there was nothing Noel could do but talk about it.

Back
Top Bottom