Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Stephanie sighed as she worked on the puzzle, and especially the main sign, which was the Coca-Cola ad. "Okay. Now you're sounding like my dad. As in my biological one: Captain Stephen Wainwright, Seattle Police Department. The I can't have sex until I'm 30 speech."

Betty just sat there doing the bottom half and shaking her head.

Kara looked at Noel. She looked up to the ceiling. She made a face, then grimaced. "Uhhh, yeah... No. At least not so soon after what you went through for reals. Like Mom said to Dad about acting out a Harley and Ivy scene, I'll think about it."

"An intelligent fellow I am sure" Jeffery smiled.

Noel paused a moment looking at her as she referenced the book again.
"I don't really know what that means but I trust you and want you to be comfortable just as I know you want me to be comfortable. Just, can I ask you one thing? please, please, please. Talk to me, ask me don't wait for me to ask you, since, I umm, I don't know this stuff, if there are appropriate timings, or maybe a mood that I misjudge or something. assume I do not know and speak to me, if you ever want to do something, just ask, okay?" she asked, placing her hand on Kara's cheek, gently cupping it.

"He does know you're an adult at 18, right?" Betty asked giving a sideways hug. "I won't mind waiting a few years, but no way can I wait fourteen!" She teased.

Kara nodded. "Yeah, I can do that." She put her hand on the cupped hand. "I don't want to hurt you. That's why you got an apology right after I blew up. You shouldn't have witnessed that shameful act of temper."

Jeff chuckled at their response.
"Heh, relax I am not the age police, I am just teasing you. Just a little advice from an elder, patience is a virtue."

Noel nodded with closed eyes as she enjoyed their contact but opened them again to speak.
"I know, and that is one of the many reasons I love you. But I am technically older than you, so I am a big girl I can take it. And I just want to be sure, you know you aren't apologizing for expressing your feelings right? because I love it when you express yourself, even if it's negative emotions. I always want to know what is going on in that pretty head of yours" Noel asked moving some hair out of Kara's face.

Noel thought to herself after she did that "Oh, I can see how I was misunderstood before now..."

Betty gave him a strange look. "You don't look that much older than me... I JUST last month became old enough to work at Outback without needing someone else to serve the alcoholic drinks for me."

Stephanie raised an eyebrow. "You act shocked he might be older than you."

Betty shook her head. "Not an act. If he is as he alluded... I underguessed his age." Her buildings grew closer and closer to the signs, row by row. "Smart thinking separating by color, although it didn't always work. Steph there just put a white piece from my pile of building pieces, in her Coca-Cola sign, hehe."

Kara trembled slightly. She shook her head. "I did the same with Bonnie, even after the first time. I didn't want to hurt her. Unlike the adage and song, I DON'T want to hurt the ones I love."

Jeffery remained quiet as they all talked.

Noel pulled Kara in for a close hug.
"I know you don't want to hurt me, and I know you would never do it on purpose. So you can't because I know everything you do is to protect me or for my own good... I trust you, Kara, completely.." she told her.

Kara pulled her into a hug and held it for a long time, before weeping on her other shoulder... Putting more year marks on her emerald dress she had let Noel borrow. It hadn't seen so many teardrops on it since Bonnie cried all over it when she knew she had to leave for Ohio.

Candy tilted her head as she looked at Jeffrey, concern on her face and a slight hand pat, silently asking, at first, about him. Betty HAD... Kind of... Asked how old he was... In her Betty way.

Noel pulled Kara in close, happy to let more tears fall on the dress. She rubbed Kara's back and spoke softly to her.
"Shhh, there, there, let it all out... I love you, Kara, you can cry on me as much as you need love"

Jeffery paused.
"Oh, I am 26" He replied realizing Candy's hint.

Betty blinked and suddenly played with her Outback Steakhouse name tag for a minute, before going back to the puzzle.

Stephanie, though, nodded. "So definitely so like our older brother. You would know... Things. I still don't want to wait until I'm 30. That's a bit much."

It took a while, but Kara did cry it out fully. Her blubbering about Bonnie, her own temper and how often she lost it, Noel's incident, the last week, all pretty much unintelligible unless one was fluent in Kara Blubber (or understood the circumstances, like Noel) came flooding out just like the tears. After nearly half hour of what probably sounded like baying at the moon to everyone except Pat (even Lenard wouldn't have understood everything. Noel should get the gist), Kara was a little scratchy herself. The cuckoo clock started tweeting the noon hour and the other living room clock followed with its chimes. Unfortunately, any dare to look outside would still see blowing snow, but the wind had died down to maybe gusts of 10. Except for a little more accumulation, the worse was over, but there was nearly two feet of snow, and drifts half way up the windward side of the houses (so about 8-10 ft).

Noel continued to comfort Kara letting her get out everything she needed to, by the end she got them both sitting and cuddled up together for extra comfort where she would continue to sit as long as she could happy to cuddle with her love.
"Hey, feeling better?" Noel asked in a soft tone, still cuddling Kara.

Jeffery nodded.
"Well I am the literal big brother of Noel"

Candy glanced to the living room, and then passed a note to Jeffrey, and pointed down to Pat, indicating it, or the question on it, was directed to Pat, as tapping Lenard and pointing to the ringing clocks did nothing but earn her a blank look. The note read, Isn't either the cuckoo clock or the Big Ben clock off by a minute? They weren't in sync. Of course, they never were, but things had finally calmed down enough, whether it was the wind or the talking, that they could be clearly heard... And of course... The most in tuned would catch it first.

Kara nodded, still leaning into Noel. "Yeah... A little." She mumbled. "Guess you're going to have a fun session with Doc Brinker, Friday." She pulled away, sniffed and wiped her eyes on her own blue dress sleeve.

Jeffery nodded and passed the message along.
"So when again did we want to start cooking?"

"Hey, every little bit helps." She smiled still holding Kara close and gently stroking her hair.

Candy held up two fingers. She continued to work on the puzzle. With only about 200 pieces left, mostly in the middle, it was a good bet the puzzle would be completed with a half hour to spare with all the help.

Pat received the notebook, and looked over toward Candy. "To tell you the truth, with all the commotion until just before they rang... I hadn't noticed." She looked at Lenard. "Candy thinks the working Big Ben model and the cuckoo clock aren't in sync."

Lenard looked at Candy again with the same blank look. "If it had been anyone but you, Candace... I'd think they'd had a screw loose. I'll check." He got up and went into the living room. A few minutes later he was back in. "I'm not going to get on her. She was downstairs mournfully baying at the moon. Someone who wanted a model of Big Ben, and promised to take care of it, forgot to wind it. It should be fine at one. Let's all keep our ears open.

Kara not realizing it was just done (and neither would Noel), suddenly got a wide eyed look. "Crapola! I forgot to wind Big Ben in the living room! I haven't wound him in a few days! He should be wound every 36 hours or he starts slowing down and loses time. I wanted him and promised to wind him! He was my sweet 16th birthday present the beginning of last year!" She jumped up and started up the steps.

Jeffery would continue to help with the puzzle until it was time to cook.

Noel jumped a little as Kara shot up and ran. She quickly chased her up the stairs, at least happy that Kara seemed in higher spirits.

Kara breezed by her mom, rattling her paper slightly and Pat watched her stop in front of the clock just as it chimed the quarter hour. "Yeah. Your dad did your job. Glad you never treated Tabby like that. Poor clock was on it's last tick tocks. Of course, first time I can think of that you forgot. You know you need to feed it with the key pretty much every day." Pat wasn't going to really mommasize her, but definitely remind her who's job it really was.

Screenshot_20210219-193348.png

(But in living room)

Noel couldn't help but feel defensive to Kara.
"Well umm, she has had a lot on her mind... Maybe I can try and help? I can tune it or wind it or whatever, just show me how" Noel offered.

Pat shook her head. "Kara promised us if we could find a household clock with Big Ben's Westminster chimes, that could be her sweet 16th, since she didn't want to drive. She has to treat it like a pet, feeding it, which is winding it every day, was her responsibility. That came all the way from England, so Lenard has already given her the lecture about NOT to wind it too tight... Or rather, not to overfeed it." Pat looked at Noel. "The stress of the last week is exactly why I told her calmly. She wants to keep it, she needs to take care of it." She glanced Noel's way. "You know how there's two flavors of Klondike that are strictly Lenard's or mine? Same thing applies here. Winding Big Ben... Ergo, feeding him... Is entirely Kara's responsibility. We can all dust him... Well, except this week." She looked at Kara. "Since you forgot to feed Big Ben... You can dust him on Saturday."

Kara sighed. "That's fair." She motioned for Noel to see the clock. "You probably thought by what I call the clock and the way it chimes, that it was a lot bigger."

Last edited:
Noel listened in and nodded tucking her arms up a little.
"R-right, sorry"

She looked where Kara had shown her towards the clock.
"Heh, yeah well I didn't expect that I had been missing a full grandfather clock."

Kara raised an eyebrow and looked blankly at Noel for a minute, before shaking her head. Maybe she misheard her. She cleared her throat. "Does sound like a grandfather clock, doesn't it?" It rang the half-hour as the cuckoo popped out, also indicating the half-hour.

"There we are. Both in sync again. Happy Candy? Mmm, I thought so." Lenard was heard saying.

Kara sighed. "Wow. If Candy wasn't so in tune to, well, tunes, or synchronization, we probably wouldn't have even known until now that Big Ben was running slow." She then thought of an idea. "A good wind is usually good for 36 hours. And I try to be extremely careful winding him. When we get up to exercise, let's come through here..."

Pat put the paper down. "Who said the family is using upstairs tonight, Kara? Guests first. Our house guests get the beds if they want them. You know better. I'd have expected that from Noel."

Lenard appeared in the doorway. "I can even overlook that slight. We've not had this many guests before. Your last mulligan, though, Kara, so watch it."

Stephanie gulped, loudly (she's near Jeffrey), like she was the one on HER last mulligan.

Jeffery leaned down slightly to whisper to Stephanie.
“I take it that is bad.”

Noel blushed.
“I umm, I didn’t expect to have a bed over the guests, and I umm, it’s a grandfather clock b-but I meant like the huge old ones... like the size of a cabinet.”

Stephanie nodded. "Basically, next time Kara breaks house rules?" Deep breath. "I don't know the Zorels' rules, but the Wainwright rule is a public punishment. Like having to do the dishes by yourself while everyone else has fun. I've also been sent to bed without supper, before. Bypasses the embarrassment of doing chores by yourself, but you get stuck in your room for hours. I don't think Kara drives, but one time I sassed one of my friends AND her mom. I had my driving privileges revoked for a week." She shook her head. "I told her mom to put her money where her mouth was and meet me at the quarter mile race track where I'd blow both hers and her daughter's doors off. I was grounded in front of everyone, and my driving privileges revoked. Publicly. If I was Kara, I'd cool my jets, like right now." She forgot. She's a Cop's daughter. More was expected of her.

Pat looked at Noel. "I sit corrected. Not even Noel would have assumed she'd be getting a bed tonight. Kara... You are treading thin ice with me. I'd shut up while I'm still ahead, if I were you."

Stephanie grew wide eyed. "Oh. Wow. Yeah. I dunno about yours, Jeffrey, but never cross a mom. I've gotten had when I got home if I acted up in a public place and embarrassed my mom. Dad's temper and embarrass factor had nothing on Mom's. She laid down the law, alright." She instinctively rubbed her butt.

"Naomi and Pat did talk at length about raising teenage daughters during your parents' anniversary party." Lenard said after putting a fist under chin in thinking pose.

"There was one like that online. Looked even strikingly more like Big Ben. It would have just about reached the ceiling. But, between almost $6,000 before shipping and handling, and the way that thing chimed and bonged... Yeeesh. Seattle would have been all over our asses about the residential noise ordinances."

(For a sample, go on you tube and search for Big Ben chimes, and listen to the real one. O.O )

Noel seemed a bit nervous as she heard the various public punishments that they had revived. Though it was Jeffery was the one that spoke up.

“Well us boys had several different kind of punishments, though Kara the youngest and only girl, kind of threw our father for a loop. He was much more comfortable with us guys. Though did give us all punishments that usually involved exercises that went excessive lengths. Basically pushing us to near and occasional immobility. That pain would last for days. Outside of that our mother mostly handled Noels punishing, though that rarely happened. She was a goodie goodie, though was also free of outside influence and our parents were no strangers to screaming.” He answered rubbing his chin.

Noel hadn’t meant to get Kara in even more trouble and tried to backpedal.
“I umm I didn’t mean it like that... I’m sorry Kara...”
Noel didn’t seem to respond to the punishment topic.

Pat looked over to Jeffrey as Candy stared at him with a look of horror on her face. As Lenard shook his head. "I don't know, Jeff. Boy or no, that sounds a bit much."

Antwan also shook his head. "Tha's abuse, bro. No two ways."

Betty shivered. "Yeah, no shit. Now imagine getting your britches blistered and forced to stand... STAND mind you... In a corner overnight. To this day, I STILL don't know what I did! Still pales in comparison to Jeff's though. I'm sorry you went through that."

Candy patted Jeffrey's back, looking at him with sad eyes. SHE didn't like what she heard, and she could be strict with her people at times.

Seeing this, Lenard slapped the table. "Okay. I know it's a good thing usually to talk about this stuff... But for both Noel's and Kara's sake... Let's drop it and find something else to occupy our final hour before Candy and Jeffrey take over the kitchen for our dinner."

Pat shook her head at Noel. "You've done nothing wrong, Noel. Who let her emotions blew up this morning? Who forgot to wind her clock? Who's the one that sent the assumptions flying? If you didn't tell her to, then you aren't responsible... Okay?"

Jeff seemed to get a little embarrassed by the sudden attention he got from describing the punishments he had gotten.
“Oh, that is okay, honestly we usually earned it to some extent. Though extreme I think our father meant to do good. Though Lenard is right. Maybe a better topic is in order” He suggested.

Noel kept feeling worse as they kept blaming Kara. She wanted to yell to leave Kara alone. But she knew it was not her place.
“I umm, I just... Kara maybe sh-should be given some slack, is all...” she stated wanting to help her.

Pat put her paper aside. "Come here, sit on the arm, next to me. She has had slack. There's just a point when something a little more... Disciplinary may need come in. The only time she was punished was when she took out her anger on Stephanie. I thought both Lenard and she were going to be slapped by flinging hands. She got basically a "time out" and had to apologise. And mean it. I saw how scared you got, and was hoping against hope you'd get the first apology. That's why Lenard said four. He saw it, too." A sigh. "The truth is... She's destroying herself, her own mentality, I mean, by pretending to let it go. That's her problem, and why Brinker suggested you two go in together once she has a solo session. I heard your brother suggest you suggest an outlet for her. That's sounds good, but I wouldn't go with his suggestion." She shook her head. "We don't have the money to replace the large punching bag, and it might not be until tomorrow afternoon or evening before the ambulances can run. Believe it or not, at a regular fitness center we were members of.... She kicked through one of those big bags like downstairs. I forget what had pissed her off, but she... Whack. Right through it. She broke her ankle as a result. You saw her temper down there, I understand. That's her problem. No person upsets the applecart. It's always a circumstance. Always. What happened? She sprung her wrist. I'm pretty sure you didn't tell her to punch the crap out of the little bag, right? So don't ask if she's okay, ask her what happened. I was hoping you girls would have had more chances for you to connect in communication, but something has always come up. So... Let's try a little roleplay. You see Kara tensing up and looking upset, what do you ask her? She gives a person a stinkeye, you ask what did they say? She slaps her locker at school and starts huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf, what do you ask?"

Back
Top Bottom