Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Pat had nodded through everything and even gave a slight smirk. "Her li'l freakout happened here, Noel, I definitely knew about it. Alright, that's it then."

When Candy asked silently why Noel had to write it and not say it, she went back and forth between the hand writing quickly and Noel's face; concern starting to etch onto her own. Finally, she had a chance to read for herself. With a grimace, she looked at Noel and nodded. She held up a forefinger for Noel to wait, and quickly wrote on another page Read you. Just be prepared, because Kara is NOT going to be happy when she gets called on it... And she eventually will... Don't take it personally, she WILL pitch a fit, but will be grateful later. I got your back on this. Just nod if you understand, and catch back up with her. She pushed the notebook back to Noel to read.

Lenard glanced at Kara who was making a second mocha. "You're gonna be Dame Pees-a-lot. That's your second cup. You alright?"

"Why's everyone asking me that? I'm fine. I just want a second mocha today." Kara groaned. Noel, Jeffrey and everyone else at the table would have heard that whole conversation. Pat pulled Lenard to the side and filled him in. He only nodded.

Noel read the notebook, took a deep breath, and nodded before handing the notebook back. She took another breath before making her way to Kara and taking her hand, knowing she might want something to squeeze.

She then waited for the others to do whatever it was they were going to do in order to call her out on it. Noel Also offered to take her mocha and hold it for her.

Kara blinked, looking at her and gave a soft smile as Noel took her hand. She shrugged, "D-Did you want another cup, too? I can make you one if you want?" It looked like Kara, it sounded like Kara, but that unsurity in the question asked was some poser pretending to be Kara. Kara wouldn't have nervously asked. She'd have been bold.

"All right." It was Nancy Drew... Well, Stephanie Wainwright going Nancy Drew. "Who are you and what have you done with Kara?! The Kara I'm familiar with from school isn't some little chicken shit! She's brave and unafraid to speak her mind. I want that one back! Now!"

Kara let Noel take the coffee cup, and by the eye and lip twitch and shake/shrug of her shoulders Noel needed to hurry to the table, where Candy, wide eyed was patting the seat next to her. By the way the parents gasped, that hadn't been part of the plan.

Noel panicked for a moment but acted quickly and put the coffee down.

"Kara, can we talk?" Noel asked before trying to get her to sit in the seat.

Candy, with Pat, physically moved Noel. "You don't need that anger directed at you." Candy rasped, then glared at Jeffrey. She knew the risk, but this was another extenuating circumstance. "Not a good idea to try to say something, Noel. For your own safety sit over here with Candy and me."

Hurricane Kara erupted full force on Stephanie as the tears fell in torrents (and the screaming could probably be heard next door). "DON'T PATRONIZE ME, WAINWRIGHT! YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE THE HELL I'VE GONE THROUGH THE LAST WEEK OR SO! THINGS I KNOW I COULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENT BUT DIDN'T! NOEL SHOULDN'T HAVE RESCUED ME FRIDAY BECAUSE I COULDN'T LAST SATURDAY! AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE! YOU DON'T! I FAILED DAMMIT! FAILED! AS A FRIEND LITTLE ALONE A GIRLFRIEND! FIRST HER RAPE! THEN I NEEDED TO BE RESCUED AND SHE WAS HURT DOING IT! AND FINALLY THE GYM! I'VE HAD MORE THAN MY SHARE OF SHIT AND SO HAS SHE! NOW STOP FUCKING ASKING ME HOW I FEEL, AND THAT I'M NOT ME! JUST STOP IT! ALL OF YOU!"

With the way Kara was flinging her arms around, both Stephanie and Lenard were nearly struck numerous times. Candy rubbed and patted Noel's back on one side as Pat did the same on the other with Pat saying soothing things and although Kara was yelling at Stephanie at the time, Pat reinforced the proof Kara really cared by soothingly repeating Kara's words about wanting to be there for her. She had even admitted she was Noel's girlfriend!

Lenard took a deep breath. "Are you quite finished, young lady?" A glaring pout. "I'll take that as a yes." A scoff. "We're all aware, in this family, anyway, and that does include Noel, what this week has been, Kara. You and Noel aren't the only ones affected. And now, thanks to you yelling at Stephanie, the rest of the house, and probably a good portion of the neighbors know, too. You AREN'T really Supergirl. The world isn't on YOUR shoulders, and although you want to, which is very commendable, you can't be there for Noel, 24/7. And you definitely aren't alone in looking out for her. Things happen. You need to realize that. A police officer was almost grabbed. YOU were almost grabbed. You are NOT responsible for what other people do... Ergo, you AREN'T responsible for what happened to Noel. As for Friday... As I recall... There were three of them... Who is your third favorite heroine? Loud enough for everyone to hear you. Who is she?"

"Princess Leia."

"Would she have won against those odds? Be honest with yourself. Would she? Loud enough for everyone here to hear you."

"No."

"Damned right no. Now. You have four people who got hurt by your little tirade. You know full well who they are. You can either apologize now, or take your cup of mocha and sit in the living room on the couch until you can... BY YOURSELF..." That was said more for Noel's benefit, "and think hard about your overreaction to Stephanie's rebuttal. Friends rebuke friends lovingly, Kara. She just wanted you to get back in control. She wanted the Kara she knew. Instead you blew up on her."

Kara looked around. The only one who she felt DESERVED an apology was Noel. Grabbing her cup, she said, "Sorry you had to witness that, Noel."

"That's one. Who else."

Kara walked over to the couch and sat down.

Pat shook her head. "So that's how it is, then? Very well. Stay over there alone and think hard who else you need to apologise to. There are three more you need to approach and apologise to, face to face. Everyone should get at least an informal one, but three need a formal one. You know full well who."

She rubbed Noel's back. "She's too pissed at her parents and Stephanie. She'll come around. But until she does, she's being punished. I wouldn't call it pride keeping her from apologising to the rest of us. She's angry about what's happened the last ten days... Which I agree was a bit much... However, she DID overreact, which is what we were expecting."

Noel didn't understand why she was being moved at first, it seems she had misread the plan but she caught on as Kara exploded at Stephanie. Her eyes widened and started to water as she listened to what she was saying. Though she fought back the tears, knowing that seeing her cry might make Kara feel even worse and add to the problems. With a few deep breaths and an old technique, she used to use to seem in control at the old ward she dried her eyes and sat up straight. Candy and Pat would have likely both noticed her swallowing her feeling to appear okay.

Noel gave a whispered response to Kara the only thing she could think of.
"It's okay, I love you"

She watched as kara refused to apologize to the others and sat on the couch. Noel wanted more than anything to go and hug and snuggle her and make her feel better. But she knew she couldn't that she had to let Kara's parents do their job, they knew better after all.

Jeff stopped and of course heard and witnessed the whole thing, though was not one of the people in on it. He walked over to Noel and rubbed his hand in her hair messing it up a little, which Noel fixed it and looked up at him with a stink eye. He then bent down and spoke quietly to Noel, though Candy and Pat would be able to hear. Just not Kara or anyone else further away.

"It's okay, but that is what happens if you bundle up your feelings with no outlet, try and suppress the "bad" ones," he said giving air quotes.
"Maybe once things are settled down you can help her find a proper outlet?" he suggested, "kickboxing maybe?"

Noel nodded then excused herself before going back down to the exercise room where no one else currently was. Once down there, where all the lights were turned off and remained off, she made her way to the corner to curl up, she needed to think as her mind was racing.

Candy took a deep breath and blew it out in an exasperated sigh. Finally, she shook her head. Kara doesn't usually bottle things up. I feel so sorry for Stephanie right now... And my heart really hurts for Noel. You know what I'll do if I try to go downstairs and comfort her. She wrote and passed to Jeffrey

Betty put an arm around Stephanie and talked quietly with her. The Outback Steakhouse waitress and guitarist of the Candy Canes had encouraged her that she had done the right thing, even if it did royally piss off her friend. Stephanie thanked her, then excused herself and went down to the dark home gym and sat near Noel, sulking on her own mat she shared with Betty, although she wasn't THAT close to Kara.

Jeffery read the passaged and pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Listen, I know you want to help, and I have no doubt you can, but you need to worry about yourself too, that voice should have been healed a long time ago. Kara holding those feelings in is just like you refusing to go 24 hours without talking. Now it is just a little pain, but you keep it up too long it could get much worse, perhaps permanent, and that means, your income is gone, your favorite hobby is gone. I won't tell you not to go, but if you do, perhaps act more like a wall than a counselor?" He whispered so Kara wouldn't hear.

As Noel heard others coming down the stairs she stopped herself from crying and whipped her face before turning to face a corner, hoping they might leave her alone or just be picking something up. After a moment she looked and saw Stephanie sulking. Noel took a breath and realized she took the brunt of it and didn't even get an apology. So she walked over and sat beside her.
"Hey, umm that was pretty crazy huh? Are you okay? umm as odd as that is to ask given how this all started.."

Stephanie sniffed, and wiped her own tear beaded eyes. "Oh. Hey, Firecracker. Oh. I will be. She's kinda right a bit, y'know. I didn't know what you went through. I haven't been there. They weren't after redheads... The one with reddish hair was mostly blonde." She lowered her head. "I only know you cuz we tried out for the team together. It took me the rest of the week before I gave you my number." Another shake of her head and silence. "I'm sorry, Noel..." First time she had used her real name since giving Noel the nickname for her court abilities. "I'll try to be a better friend. I want to be a better friend."

Candy nodded, but kept her seat. She had seen Stephanie Wainwright going down the steps to the home gym as Jeff talked to her (Candy). With a sigh more of relief, she wrote, Don't have to after all. The girl detective did. If those two have a good cry together... Well, y'know. She hoped Kara apologized soon, because right now... She was only punishing herself now.

Kara got up and brought her coffee cup into the kitchen, where she apologized to her parents. She was reminded there was one more yet. She didn't want to apologise for telling the truth, and she was reminded that wasn't the reason... She had YELLED at Stephanie, and overreacted to her question. With a huff, Kara was back sitting on the couch.

Noel sniffled before she replied.
"Don't be silly you have been a great friend, actually I am the one who was a bad friend to Kara. I should have done what you did, push to see why she was acting off, but I didn't and because of that she got mad at you." Noel paused for a moment before she got an idea.

"Do I have permission to touch you?" She asked, if she let Noel do so she would wrap an arm around her and gently pull Stephanie in to rest her head on her chest. If she said no Noel would simply nod.
"I umm, I admittedly came down here to cry, but umm, I don't want to do it alone, could you, I mean if it's not weird, cry with me?" She would ask either way.

Stephanie listened, but shook her head. "Hey. No. That.... You would have gotten the brunt of Hurricane Kara. I don't know you that we'll, but... I don't think you could have taken being yelled at like that. I'm more upset about her yelling at me, then what she said if I'm being honest." She listened farther, nodded and pulled her into a hug and started crying on Noel's shoulder. That's exactly what she needed.

"Thank you" Was all Noel said before she started to gently cry with her, holding her firmly as she almost curled around her like a blanket. Noel's hand instinctively rubbing the girl's back.

Stephanie bawled, holding Noel until she started slightly losing her voice, herself. With a final sniff, she pulled away, and said raspily, "Oh. I'm sorry I ruined your pretty green dress... Really brought out your eyes, and I just soaked your shoulder with my salty tears." She knew it would come out. It was the principle of the thing.

Candy excused herself from the table by nodding to the person nearest her as she arose, which actually would be Jeffrey. She had been writing something down on the notebook, and since she didn't know the Zorels house rules, started walking towards the teed off Kara.

"Hold it, Ms. Popovich, what are you doing?" Candy frowned at the use of her given last name and wagged a finger at Lenard, before pointing to her notebook then Kara. "Yes, I know what you prefer, here let me read that." He took the notebook and read over it. "I'LL deliver it. She's being punished. I can overlook the fact you didn't know the rules. Noel lives here, so she did. You didn't see Noel try to approach her after I underscored Kara had to be by herself, right?" Candy sighed and nodded. "Your pen, ma'am. I'm going to insist she writes that she understands and then sign it." Lenard smacked Kara with the notebook and pointed to it for her to read. Kara glared at Candy after reading it and looked to really sulk hard. How dare Candy side with Stephanie!

I told her the truth! I'm not apologising for it! It apparently hadn't sunk in, because one of her actual close friends... Ironically she has the same name as the fictional sleuth's friend, Bess Marvin... Also told her. Apparently for it to sink in... It had to be yelled at her. Yeah, I understand... But no. I don't think I should apologise. She didn't get it when Bess was NICE about it! Plus demanding the Kara she knew?! How dare she!

Lenard looked at Kara. "How's this then. You have until supper to apologise, otherwise you're grounded. That means after the storm allows everyone to go home, Noel has to stay in her own room. It's not what you said," he tapped the paper, because it was written by Candy, "but how you said it, and how it could be taken by the receiver. Put that in your pipe and smoke it as you sit here and dwell on it. Think about Stephanie's feelings, Kara. You hurt her!" As Kara pointed to the pad herself, "Exactly. That's what Candy said. Which means she saw it, too." He looked among the puzzles and grabbed the 2000 piece New York Times Square puzzle. He handed Candy back her notebook and slid the puzzle onto the kitchen table. "With nine of us working on it, we should be able to knock this out before two. When we lose Candy and Jeffrey to the kitchen for dinner preparation." He said jovially.

She slid the notebook to Jeffrey for him to read Kara's written response under hers Kara. I'm surprised at you. And disappointed. Stephanie didn't deserve that tirade, you should think how she felt getting yelled at like that. If you would have looked past your anger, you could have seen how hurtful those words were, truth or not. If nothing else, apologise for how you presented it. As you know, when you're on stage, it's all ABOUT your presentation. Like it or not, you drew everyone's attention when you blew up on Stephanie. You were ON STAGE. Candy would watch Jeffrey for his response.

Noel sniffled as well whipping a tear from her eye, though she didn't cry as hard as her friend she certainly had a good cry, not entirely about Kara's outburst, but also what she was outbursting about. Noel was still getting over it, and she may never truly fully get over the rape. And to know that Kara felt bad because she couldn't help her, Noel was the focus of all of Kara's rage, or at least she was the cause. If not for her none of that would have happened. She thought to herself it would be better if she were never there, kara would be happier then.

Noel sniffed back at her.
"it's okay, I honestly don't really like dresses anyway, maybe it will give me a reason to change" she smiled.
"but I cried all over your clothes too, which are just as pretty, just like you" she smiled wanting to be nice to the girl but also being honest, not realizing it might have sounded like she was hitting on her, especially since after saying that she adjusted one of the girl's hairs out of her face. it didn't help their faces were very close due to the hug they were still sharing as they spoke.

---------

Jeffery took the book and read it over, nodding along as he read Candy's part then shaking his head at Kara's.
"You said the right thing, she just seems too mad to process it right now. you also could have mentioned that she forced Stephanie on stage with her." He added handing her the notebook back.

Stephanie smiled sadly, caressing a cheek, in a sense, wiping another tear away. "Maybe because it's not a dress, it's a navy blue polo and a pair of faded jeans." Stephanie moved so they were touching foreheads. "Look. I don't know what you're thinking in there, but Kara loves you. Dearly. She wouldn't have torn me a new one if she didn't. Whatever it sounded like, her dad's right. She wasn't responsible. I'd like to add my two and a half pence now if you let me.... Neither. Are. You. Don't blame yourself either, okay? If she was in the right frame of mind, Kara would probably give you some flowery superhero speech about it. I'm just going to be a plain cop's daughter... Firecracker... You've got a great talent. You're cute. You have a whole wonderful family, granted it's your girlfriend's, that supports you. What if I had been her girlfriend and it happened to me? Please don't be blaming yourself. And don't give up on Kara. She would have exploded on anyone. I realize that. How she said it. So the fault is her reaction. It's not her. It's not you. It's things out of her control. I see that look. You don't think I want to kiss you? That would be disrespectful to both Betty... I mean, never mind she's a part of a band... She's a hot and respectful waitress.... And Kara. I don't know how I would have handled this week if I had you as a girlfriend. But despite how she treated me... I can't disrespect her. Especially in her own house. You are my friend, though." She put a pinky out. "BFFs, through thick and thin?"

Candy gave a silent laugh with a smile and pointed to her head. She hadn't thought of that. She leaned over and kissed a cheek silently mouthing Thank you. It had reinforced that what she wrote from the heart was what Kara needed to hear.

Noel's eyes widened as she said she wasn't going to kiss her, Noel hadn't intended for that at all. She knew she was terrible at social interaction but she felt like she nailed it this time. But she still managed to mess it up!
"Oh I umm, okay first yes, BFF" She smiled and locked her pinky with hers.
"But second I wasn't wanting to kiss, I was just saying you looked nice was all. I would never, ever betray Kara like that. I promise, I mean you are super nice and all that but I am dating her, and I love her with all my heart, I would never kiss anyone else, no matter how nice or pretty they were." She blushed heavily, speaking in a panicked voice, what If Kara had heard that she had tried to kiss Stephanie, she would be heartbroken and it wouldn't even be true. She just had to make sure Stephanie knew that was not what she was trying to do.

Noel started to have short hiccup like breaths.
"I wasn't trying... to get a kiss... I promise... I would never....do that to Kara. Never ever... I promise...I would never.." She started to hyperventilate in her sudden panic.

Jeff smiled at the kiss and nodded at the mouthing thank you. "Hey anytime, you can thank me by fixing that voice of yours okay?" He told her pulling her in close by wrapping an arm around her playfully.

Candy smiled and gave the ok sign to Jeffrey, letting herself be pulled in. She then took her seat, now next to Jeffrey and started flipping pieces, picture side up, as she looked for edges.

Stephanie gripped her shoulders after the pinky lock. "Calm down, Noel... You may not have been conscious about your reactions, but the look in your eye was betraying what you were saying. When our book heroine catches the criminal, how's she do it? Most times, anyway... Body language, right?" She chuckled softly, "How do you think I got the nickname? I'm observant that way. I'm not sure if Kara is, it was more to let you know some of your body language and looks might send the wrong message without you realizing it. A heads up. At least it's how I meant it. Oh, gosh, now you went and done it... Sorry, sorry. I think Kara's parents have a bottled water. Come on."

Stephanie was up the steps asking for a water. Lenard, at the table with the puzzle pieces spread everywhere and he, Candy and Betty sorting for edge pieces (did the three have help?), raised an eyebrow and made a motion towards the refrigerator with his head. "Bottom shelf, Stephanie. Stop panicking before I call you Kara Junior."

"Thanks. I didn't mean to but I gave Noel the hiccoughs!" She was in and out with the bottle and had the cap off and handing it to Noel. "Ten doesn't always work. Hold your breath as you drink this and count to 20." Which at normal counting speed would just about finish the 16.9 oz bottle.

Candy blinked as Stephanie gave the information. She quickly wrote and passed to Jeffrey, still wearing the weird expression, She would make a horrible spy. She just indulged information she wasn't asked. Curious what other secrets she'd give so easily. Ask her HOW she gave Noel hiccups... Though she gave a more British answer.

Or Australian, as Pat was in the living room keeping an eye on her prisoner whilst puffing her pipe and reading the newspaper. "HicCUPS, dear. Although I have a notion to let me Aussie out an' call 'em hiccoughs from time t' time. Let's try to speak proper American English, luv, k?" Like she was any better, currently.

Noel didn't say anything else as she hiccuped instead she simply nodded and followed Stephanie went to leave for her water.
She didn't think much of it as she had revealed that she gave her hiccups, though she didn't fully agree she didn't want to contradict her.

Jeffery was helping with the puzzle as well, though mostly just organizing the pieces.
As Candy showed him the message he read it and smirked with a nod.
"So how exactly did you make Noel start hiccuping?"

Stephanie didn't catch she was being set up. "How else? Doing or saying something stupid." She rolled her eyes. "In this case... Saying. Kara already skinned me once today."

At the mention of that, Kara's ears (and the rest of her) perked up. She sat up straighter on the couch.

Jeff was curious if he could fish more information out of her, not thinking it might just cause more chaos
"Was that all?"

Noel simply stayed mostly quiet, just letting out the occasional hiccup, before starting to drink, unable to stop Stephanie from saying anything as she was focused on drinking and counting.

Stephanie blushed. "Aw, c'mon, Jeffrey, wouldn't that be enough?"

Candy noticed the blush as she was closer, and made the cut motion to stop the interrogation. She'd heard enough, and "Nancy Drew" was among friends, not bad guys.

Jeffery nodded at the gesture.
"Okay okay, I get it" He held his hands up going back to the puzzle.

Noel finished her drink and let out a sigh, pausing for a moment to make sure the hiccups were gone.
"It worked, thanks Nancy Drew" She smiled.

Stephanie smiled and nodded. "Sure thing, Firecracker. I always found that old remedy to work best, but ten is hardly enough, yet twenty works." She looked at the puzzle. "Oh, that puzzle looks fun." She sat next to Betty and across from Jeffrey. Both seemed to be doing the same thing. Sorting by color and putting edges to the side, where Candy and Lenard were putting the edges together... Or trying to. "Come sit next to your bro and across from Betty and help." She waved Noel over.

Pat continued to read, Kara continued to sulk, Antwan decided to practice his trumpet, and being a band member, serenaded everyone with a number of trumpet pieces including a jazzy trumpet solo from one of Candy's more popular songs from her debut album.

But what did redhead Calla do? Both Betty and she had brought their own instruments. Would she come help with the puzzle, like Lenard was aiming for, or join Antwan in practicing music on her bass guitar?

Last edited:
Jeffery continued to help organize by sides, corners, and color joining the others in waving over others to join them.

Noel's head went back and forth between Kara and the table, she felt bad for Kara, she understood why she was being punished, but her heart still ached for the girl she loved.
"Umm no thanks, Thanks though" Noel shook her head and instead decided to go sit on the floor beside the couch and also read a book, much like Pat was doing. But she wanted to be as close to Kara as she could be.

Callla then ended up taking Noel's spot at the table helping with the puzzle.

Last edited:
Pat looked at Noel out of the corner of her eye. "Noel, luv, you sure you want to sit there on the hard floor when there's a comfortable chair over here by me? If it's the pipe smoke, I can put it out." She put it in the ashtray after one more puff. "I really shouldn't with all the guests, especially one who needs her throat to recover."

Lenard looked over to Calla with a smile and nod as she brought the total to six. Soon he and Candy, and anyone else who managed to get any edge pieces together, had the border done and it was time to work in the middle. It was going on 11, but if the six work together, they still could have it finished by 2:30, which was the latest Candy could start and still have supper, dinner to the Zorels, served on time.

Kara was still being a bit of a sorehead, but anyone looking at her, and watching body language (besides Stephanie who actually could read it) , could tell she was really thinking of how bad snapping at Stephanie was... No matter how angry she had been about the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom