Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

The stroking of her hair actually caused Kara to hum and slowly stir. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and even her turn to look up looked like it was in slow motion. She even smiled slowly. "Mmmrrrming" Big gaping yawn.

Stephanie made a face. "Is she like that every morning she doesn't get enough sleep?" Well, if Stephanie is going to answer her own question... Of course, that helped wake her mat partner, the guitarist of the Candy Canes, the rest of the way.

Betty even gave Stephanie a strange look before flumping her arms around her more with a smug smile, "It's official. That just made me crush more."

Talk about another case of Candy Crush Saga... (End post)

Noel couldn't help but smile at Kara.
"This is actually a better morning than most... though she was allowed to sleep in. But how can I say no to that face?" She smiled and leaned down giving Kara a kiss on the forehead.
"So since our shower mates woke at the same time, who goes first?" Noel asked.
"You guys can if you are ready." Noel offered, as she held Kara's hands in her own, rubbing her thumbs on them gently.

Stephanie laughed. "Well, if you're going to answer your own question, too." She looked at Betty. "See, I'm not the only one."

'Fine, but you're the one that I want.... Ooo, ooo, ooo!" Betty sighed, leaning on her, as she quoted the lyric... Without singing it.

Noel blushed at her accidental mimic of answering her own question.
'Oh umm sorry" Noel apologized before trying to lift Kara to a sit and into a hug so she could rub her back.
"up you go"

Noel smiled more than happy to cuddle with Kara for as long as she needed to wake up. Though she wouldn't mention this was more for her comfort than anything as she had a pretty bad nightmare last night, not quite a night terror, but it gave her a spook and she found this very comforting. She continued to rub Kara's back as they cuddled.
"That's a good girl" she whispered.

"When the boys get done, we're next, Betty. ." Stephanie said, "Maybe tell me more about you and your brother. I bet you're really happy he's getting married soon."

Kara sighed content, then from out of nowhere muttered, "Mocha" Which was her way of asking for a coffee flavored hot chocolate.

"Okay, I'll get you a mocha, you wait right here, I'll be right back, don't lay back down okay?" Noel told her.
"Sorry be right back" She said to the others before running off to see if she could make Kara her drink.

Maybe it was all the back and forth of bodies breezing to the steps and up to the kitchen. Maybe it was Antwan accidentally stumbling over her to avoid Noel (the less trouble from one of the girls and all that). But something finally got Calla up. The first thing the redhead asked was the time, and Betty couldn't help herself. "What time is it? About TIME you were up!"

Surprisingly, someone remarked about the timing of that joke couldn't have been any better, and even sleepy Kara and Calla couldn't help but laugh instinctively.

Upstairs, Lenard shook his head. "I'll make it for her..."

Pat interjected here, "Mainly because we don't need a mess by the coffee pot..."

Lenard sighed with a look at his wife, "But she gets her lazy bones up here, and sits at the coffee table," he pointed to the dinner table, which still only had Candy at it, and Tabby under it. "to drink it."

"Mainly because we don't need a mess in the home gym, which is where everyone's sleeping." Pat chimed in.

Noel nodded at the conditions of the mocha and moved back down the stairs, being more careful this time.

When she reached Kara she smiled seeing that she had been laughing.
“You need to go to the kitchen for your drink, so we can walk up there, or I can carry you. You pick” she asked.

Kara shook her head as she got on her feet. "I can understand why I can't make it. But I'm always careful drinking it. Why can't I bring it back down here?" She didn't know about mom's rule because of the guests, as she pointed to a ledge along the wall where Jeffrey was exercising earlier. Which reminded her, where was Jeffrey if Betty and Stephanie were claiming the shower? Did he grab a cup of coffee and get told to sit at the table, too?

Jeffery would be at the table now, though before that he was checking the house again for any potential leaks of heat.

Noel shook her head.
"Your parents want you to drink it upstairs because everyone is sleeping down here. I can carry you if you are too tired" she offered again.

Candy slid her notebook to Jeffrey. Find anything? She was watching him, so if he shook his head, she'd see it, and she'd just nod. The Zorels condo was built a little stronger than most residential buildings, so it would take the worse this winter storm would throw at them, which had already happened. The wind would continue to howl all the way until two in the afternoon. The snow would taper off, eventually, to flurries, but that wouldn't be until Monday at daybreak. They were there for a while.

Kara again shook her head, but this time added, "I appreciate it Noel, but it's only twelve steps. I'm awake enough for that." She got her mocha (which was coffee poured directly on the hot cocoa mix already in the cup and stirred) and made her way to a spot, where she said morning to the other two.

Lenard looked at Noel. "What about you, Chef? Since I'm already over here and in the way, coffee tea or hot cocoa?"

Jeff shook his head and gave her a thumbs up.

Noel nodded and walked with her, behind her up the stairs, admittedly looking at her backside as they walked up. Arriving with a light blush on her face for having done so. though she was snapped out of it as Lenard spoke to her.
"Oh umm, I'll have what she is having" Noel stated, accidentally quoting the famous line.

Satisfied, Candy let it go.and returned to her coffee. At the accidental one liner, Candy choked on her chuckle (and sip of coffee).

Meanwhile, Lenard chuckled, before opening a packet of hot chocolate mix, added coffee and stirred. He then handed Noel her finished coffee. He then poured himself a cup and topped Pat's off, before starting another pot of ten cups.

Kara sat on the other side of Jeffrey, next to Candy, half expecting Noel to take her other side.

Noel would see why Lenard was saying the six guests they had made it a full house. The coffee pot only held ten cups, and there were only ten chairs around the table, the limit it could have.

Noel sat beside Kara and drank with one hand as she offered the other one for Kara to hold under the table.

“So what are we going to do for the day if we are inside the whole time? We can’t really use power for karaoke right? So board games or something?” Noel asked.

“Well I originally planned to do work, but that’s off the table. Though most of my day will be likely making sure chatty Candy here finally manages to go a day without speaking.” Jeff replied with a chuckle.

Candy sighed, and finally wrote, You're helping me with sausage burgers and rounding it out to a balanced dinner. Nutrition job only, cuz I apparently gotta mind my fruits and vegetables and lower my salt. She said as a reminder as Betty and Stephanie came from down the hall. "Who's next? Izzit you and Kara, Firecracker?" Stephanie called.

"Probably boss lady and red." Betty shrugged, referring to Calla. "Looks like those two just got their.... Hot chocolates?"

"Mochas actually. Coffee over hot cocoa mix." Kara corrected as she did take Noel's hand under the table.

"Sweet!" Stephanie smiled. "By using the mix instead of sugar and milk, you have the sugar, milk and chocolate all in one!"

Candy finished her coffee, signaled Jeff, by tapping a watch she currently didn't have on, with a questioning look. Apparently she wanted the time, which would be around (but not quite) ten of eight. She wanted to know when she and Calla had to be done, so Noel and Kara could get theirs, and showers would be done.

Nobody knew that the biggest portion of Seattle was without power and one area, the area where Chuck (Betty's brother) and Wendy were with his fiancee and her family, were without cell service, as well. Calls were busy signals, and texts were being sent back as unsent.

The Zorels neighborhood were one of only about four that kept their power. If someone would turn on the TV, they'd find all stations were running on generators and how over three million were without power.

Jeff read the paper.
"Oh well of course that, but I was more thinking before the cooking, or do these burgers take the full day to make?" He asked in response.

Noel also held up her beverage as it was called into question to show them but didn't say anything, instead of letting Kara speak. Noel gave Kara's hand a light squeeze as she held it, rubbing the back of her hand with her thumb lovingly.

When asked for the time Jeffer showed her the time on his phone.

Neither Noel nor Jeff would mention looking at the news, as they both knew they were trying to save power.

Candy mouthed an "oh" and then shook her head. She put up two fingers, indicating it probably took two hours including prep, to do. She then motioned for Calla for their shower. She did nod at the time.

Betty shook her head as she looked at her phone. "I can't get through to Chuck to see how they're doing!" She gasped.

Stephanie got a text. "Dad says power's out over there. Everyone's fine. I said we're still on regular city grid, and waiting for his reply." The duhn dun! Law and Order text came back. "Oh wow." She sent her dad a message. She looked at those drinking coffee. "We're like one of four neighborhoods still with some semblance of normalcy... Power's out to most the city! Even the TV stations are broadcasting via generators. Downtown is one of the areas in the dark!"

That actually made a nervous Kara squeeze Noel's hand tightly but not to the point it would hurt, but just to let her know she just got worried. It would be a nervous half hour before Candy and Calla were coming back down the hall, dressed. Noel and Kara could now take theirs.

As they heard the news and Noel felt Kara's squeeze she casually put her drink on the coaster and moved her hand to cup Kara's hand in both of hers like a hand sandwich. Gently rubbing her hand trying to be there for her best she could until the others came down so they could shower.

Once the others came down though she would be so distracted by trying to help Kara she wouldn't even clue in that it was their turn next.

Calla shook her head. "I think your dad was talking about the people with him... Chuck's girlfriend is ina very affluent part of town northwest of there."

Stephanie nodded. "Mmhmm. Look at the city map. They're adjacent. Dad and all the officers with him are fine and they did some patrolling on foot. The two that went northwest said that neighborhood is dark but there's no downed buildings, or roofs off. Everything is fine so everyone is fine. Granted there's no way they did that whole neighborhood, it's pretty big..." Duhn, dun! "Lemme check this... Ohoh. Wow." She called her dad , "Dad, is Officer Brokowski okay? Uh huh. Yeah. No, that is bad, but at least there's tower service in other areas, and it didn't fall ON someone." Everyone could tell by "Nancy Drew"s expression, grimace and muted tones... Something bad had happened during the storm. "So how much damage? Right. Yeah. Sure I know how tall those are. Oh." Big grimace. "Okay. Yeah, I'll let them know. Thanks Dad. Stay safe, too."

She didn't even look up. "Got some good news and bad news, Firecracker. It will also explain why you can't get your brother, Betty, especially if they live in a three mile radius of the school."

"Blythe lives about five hundred yards from the high school. Why, what happened?!"

"They heard the crash then. The cell tower must've been real weak. It fell due to the strong winds. We no longer have a gym, and a few of the closer classrooms were taken out, too. Thankfully, they weren't using it for a shelter, but yeah. Serious damage, and everyone in a three mile radius that wasn't near another tower, or close enough to it... They're without cell service. Only place with damage is the school. We... Could be finishing classes in another school nearby, or the college. Our games will be at the community center. Jeez. Through the gym!" She glanced over at Noel. "Coach J probably heard it, too. He's pretty close to the school. He'll probably try to call us all. It won't be by text, the cell tower he bounces off is the one that fell. But he's gotta get to a land based phone line to do that."

Lenard knew the two that still hadn't showered. He would let them process this bad news first. He went over to Jeff and whispered. "I'd usually tell Candy to tell them, but give them a few hours to process this. Eleven a.m. sharp, have them hit the shower." He was giving them almost three hours.

Jeff nodded and took note of the time planning to let them know when the time came.

Noel held Kara's hand firmly.
"You okay?" She asked, Noel herself seemed to be holding up pretty well after hearing all that, but it made sense, not much of what was said had a huge impact on her outside the gym being destroyed but even at the best of times her heart wasn't too set on basketball.

Kara was processing it, her eyes darting back and forth. All the good memories were now all they had left, of the seniors that had spent the last four years there. Dances, homecomings, basketball and volleyball games. She wondered if this was what other victims of disasters went through. "I dunno, Noel. You don't know how many memories were in that gym. I... I can't believe it. A big part of me doesn't want to believe it. I was so looking forward to creating some new sports memories by cheering for you in that gym at the end of the month and your first basketball game." She shrugged. "You still get to... Just not there."

Stephanie squeezed Noel's shoulder, gently. "Sure, Firecracker. But it wouldn't be finished before school lets out. And for us seniors, this is our last year to make memories. We won't see the inside of the new gym, little alone use it. Say... Isn't this your last year of high school, too? And yes I'm a senior at 16. I skipped a grade. Or two. Early on."

Back
Top Bottom