Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara looked blankly at Noel as Stephanie likewise looked blankly at Jeffrey.

"Well, I'm not sure, now, because actually Lenard nailed it. I'd love to see some of those MeTV questions as I'm pretty sure series that didn't run that long, but were ground breaking like The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, AfterMASH, Life Goes On and Punky Brewster will be talked about in there. I know the latter did, as well as the first. I was a bit of a scamp like Punky growing up... And Pamela Sue Martin was the first Nancy Drew I watched on YouTube. You tell me. Don't I also resemble Lenard's remark?"

Kara shook her head as she pulled Noel's hand down. "I want to play both with each of you. That's where my problem lies. I... I just can't choose. I'll feel like I'm disappointing the other. Both of you mean something... Of course, you mean more, Noel, there's no denying that..."

Pat poked Kara on the shoulder. "Which one is going to be around longer? Candy and them will be leaving Wednesday some time."

Kara just got mommed and her hand went up, as she looked sheepishly at Noel. Noel was definitely the one that was thinking.

Pat gave Noel a knowing wink. "You're welcome. You'll learn how to get through that thick head in due time."

Jeffery shrugged at the conclusion.
"Look, I am good with either, so feel free to place me where ever needs me" He suggested.

Noel looked confused at Kara as she forced her arm down, which she did not resist. She was confused about why Kara did that. She told her to be more assertive and express her wants and opinions, but when she does that then Kara immediately shut her down, telling her that she chose wrong? Then Kara talked about picking between them which confused her more, had she let her keep her hand up, she would not have to choose, that is why Noel raised her hand. Did she not want to play with both? or was this a mistake? She grew even more confused at Pat's statement about getting through Kara's head, she MUST have missed something, should she raise her hand now?

With great hesitation Noel slowly raised her hand again, looking around to see if anyone would show a sign if she was making the wrong choice.

Pat shook her head. "Noel. You were right from the start. Sometimes just doing an action isn't enough. Sometimes Kara needs a little incentive. For example... You'll always be here, Candy won't. Kara needed a little pop upside her head... Figuratively. Did you see how I handled that? How it sunk in? Pull logic on her when she's indecisive, and watch her jump."

Kara blushed. "Sorry, Noel, I let my confusion dictate for both of us."

Lenard raised an eyebrow. "And what else?"

"You had the right idea all along and I'm sorry I pulled your hand down when I'm the one that wants you to be more assertive."

Lenard sighed and got up from the table, getting the box that held the Ripley's History cards. It had the original TV series logo along with Bizarre History Facts and the number of cards. "I assume everyone wants to play? So we'll go around the horn. Starting with Jeff and ending with Candy. I'll elect to keep score and read the questions." He looked around the table. After Jeffrey would be Antwan, Stephanie, Betty, Pat, Kara, Noel, Calla and finally Candy. "Does anybody have to get a refill or make a pit stop before we get started?"

Kara blushed, probably for everyone there. "Pit stop. Sheesh." She muttered, but then got up to make another mocha, asking if anyone else wanted something also. Screenshot_20210312-142704.png

Noel nodded.
"Got it, use logic if Kara gets confused."

"Oh, can I have a water love? Thanks!" Noel called out to Kara as she asked if anyone wanted anything.

"Ditto!" Jeff called out.

"Kara, let's use up the bottled water for drinking. Leave the tap for cooking until we're completely out of the cold snap." Lenard said as he shuffled the cards without bending. He flipped the first card. As he suspected. Two questions per with the answer upside down in small print. "Jeff, when a surviving housewife landed safely after being in a tornado... What was the name of the broken record laying next to her?"

Kara brought back the two waters and her own mocha, placing them in front of those who asked.

"Betcha anything it has to do with the irony of the situation. That's a going theme with Ripley's." Antwan huffed.

Candy, meanwhile, read the rules. "Oh. I see how we're playing this... Jeff, in single round robins... You can pass or choose to hazard a guess. Antwan does have a point. Ripley's is usually all about the irony."

Antwan shrugged. "Going with irony. Stormy Weather."

Lenard nodded. "Correct." He looked to Stephanie while marking a win for Antwan. "The other question on here is What was remarkable about the Palm Sunday storm of 1965?"

Stephanie frowned. "I know this, I know this... Oh! They were twins! Twin twisters!"

Lenard looked at Jeff. "Two tornadoes hit thirty minutes apart? She get it in your opinion?" He put the card down and after Jeffrey's answer, pulled a new card. "Betty. Who was the shortest term US president, and how long was it?"

Betty shrugged. "William Henry Harrison. Umm... A month, I believe."

"Correct. Pat. Which president died in office that was NOT elected in a year ending with zero?"

Kara whispered the answer to Noel, saying "Zachary Taylor" as Pat thought about it and finally passed. Nobody caught Kara's "cheat" however, lucky for her. Kara blinked as her mom did as she expected. "I know it was before the Civil War..."

"Answer or pass, Kara." Lenard said calmly, yet frowning. Kara shook her head. The question was Noel's. With a sigh, Lenard asked the question again. "Which president died in office that was NOT elected in a year ending in zero?"

Noel nodded at what Kara had said and didn't think much of it as Kara was before her and she assumed Kara would simply answer. But when she passed Noel froze, if she answered now it would be cheating! The thought of cheating made her heart race.
"I uhh, I umm, err, Pass!" she said in a panic.

Lenard blinked. He then frowned. "I suspect something. Candy what is the penalty on cheating?"

Candy raised an eyebrow. "Someone cheated?"

"I suspect my daughter attempted it, but forgot Noel's own concerns."

Candy flipped through the pages. "Have to prove it Mr. Zorel. But she loses ten points to the victim she cheated, and considering you get, at most, two for a correct answer, she'd have to answer five spot on."

Lenard glared at Kara. "You're lucky I can't prove it, but I am going to try. Noel? Did she give you an answer or guess? Remember, technically, you're the victim, here." He glanced to Jeffrey. "In your opinion, Jeff, was Stephanie right on her guess of twin twisters?" He showed him the correct answer on the card that said "Two tornadoes went through only a half hour apart from each other."

Jeffery looked at the answer and thought for a moment.
"Hmmm, that was a good question... I'd say yes I can see the intent behind the nickname" he answered.

Noel looked down as she was asked if Kara gave her the answer, struggling with her core instinct not to Lie, but also want to protect and help Kara win.
"I umm, I plead the fifth?" she said in a questioning tone, not sure if she was allowed to do so.

Lenard chuckled. "Fair enough. You don't want her in trouble, although you were an unwilling participant. Calla? Can you answer the question, or do you want to pass to Candy, where the buck stops as she is the last in the round."
Calla frowned. "Not ending in zero...? Uh, pre-Civil War? Uh, yeah. Sorry, Candy. I pass."

Candy shook her head. "I'm going to guess Zachary Taylor, because he died in 1850. The election wouldn't be until 1852."

"Correct. Antwan, Stephanie, Betty and Candy all have two points. Second round."

"What things later found to be detrimental to one's health, was part of 16 year old Judy Garland's diet to lose weight, during the filming of the Wizard of Oz. Wow. I didn't even know that... You're pretty good with nutrition, though, Jeffrey. You might surprise all of us."

Upon hearing the correct answer Noel held and gave Kara’s hand a squeeze realizing she was right, and wanting to congratulate her but couldn't do so out loud.

Jeffery thought for a moment.
“Hmm, let me think.. wizard of Oz.. Pep Pills?” He asked.

Lenard shook his head. "That would have been my guess too if I hadn't seen the answer... Cigarettes."

He looked at Antwan, "Again Wizard of Oz, who originally was to play the Tin Man, but had an allergic reaction that was almost fatal of the aluminum powder make up?"

Antwan shook his head and passed. Stephanie looked surprised at him. "Wow. I thought everyone knew that by now... It's Buddy Ebsen."

"Correct. Betty, this one's for you. Oh this is rich... Which of Archie's love interests came first?"

Betty smirked. "You da crapped if my last name wasn't Conrad. Betty Cooper was first. She moved next door to him in the very first issue if I'm not mistaken."

"Correct. Pat. What was unique about Jughead?"

Pat passed to Kara, who quickly answered. "He wasn't interested in girls. Just food, especially hamburgers.... And he never gained a pound considering how much he ate."

"You covered it... I think. Jeff? High metabolism. Should Kara get both points or just one?"

While Jeff considered, Lenard got the next card. "Noel, true or false. James Polk was president when Texas became a state."

Jeff responded before Noel answered.
“Yeah I think she got it, she mentioned how he didn’t gain weight.”

Noel thought for a moment before answering.
“True?”

Lenard nodded, and it had a twofold meaning as he marked two lines for Kara and Noel both. "Correct. Although John Tyler started the process, it was Polk who signed the annexation in December 1845. You're on the board." He looked at Calla. "Guess who gets the last history of the states question. Why was November 2, 1889 so unique in American history?"

Calla stared dumbfounded at Lenard. "You gotta be shitting me! Y'know... I've noticed a pattern. The first question is the easy one. The second takes real knowledge of the subject.... Man, I pass."

Candy sighed. She didn't have the luxury of passing as she was the end of the round. At least points weren't subtracted for wrong answers. It had paid to read the rules. "I know that the Dakotas joined the union on the same day, but I think the date and year are wrong. Ummm, the northern border of the US was decided with a state admitted to the union?"

"No. Candy, November 2, 1889 is the ONLY day in history when two states were admitted to the union. That IS the correct date for the Dakotas admittance. Okay after two rounds, Jeff isn't on the board yet, Antwan has 2, Stephanie and Betty have 4, Pat isn't on the board, Kara and Noel each have 2, Calla isn't on the board and Candy has 2. We want to do a round three of round robin or make it teams?"

Pat said, "I vote teams so I can bow out and watch. Ripley's is tougher than I thought."

Lenard blinked. "Okay? In teams you are allowed to converse among yourselves about an answer. I forget for how long. Point values are three?"

Candy looked in the rules. "On teams, players have one minute to discuss the question among themselves. If the guess is wrong, the opposing team can try. Three points for answering the first question correctly, five on the second."

"Sounds like Calla's right. The second question is harder. It's worth more in team play." Stephanie commented. "I think the Wizard of Oz one was reversed. That factoid about Judy Garland was definitely tougher than Buddy Ebsen."

Noel immediately wrapped her arm around Kara's to signal she wanted to be her partner.

Jeffery nodded to the partners.
"I am going to apologize to my partner on advance"

Kara had a great idea, "Dad how big can the teams be, because I want Nancy Drew and Jeffrey on ours."

Candy shrugged. That was fine. "Problem is, by not having a band member, Kara, you miss out on definites when it comes to weird music history." She then brazenly pointed at Antwan who just blinked and Calla who balked.

Kara made a face. She asided to Noel. "Ok. Your call. I definitely want to split up the Steph and Betty duo, because we're sunk if both of them are on the same team... But your brother or one of the two Candy pointed at?"

Kara was surprised. "Well, sure, your brother already said he might not be good, I mean why apologise in advance, right? I never played games with Calla and Antwan, but Candy's vouching for both. I'm picking Steph, and I'd like for you to pick our other teammate from the other three."

Kara had a feeling because of what Noel had gone through, it would either be her brother or Calla. After all, Antwan really needed to prove he'd behave before even Kara would've felt comfortable.

Kara nodded and shrugged. "Our team is Noel, Stephanie, Calla and me, Dad."

Betty balked and said the classic Sabrina live action line of "Unfair!"

Lenard nodded and told Candy and Stephanie to switch chairs so the teams were all on one side of the table.

Candy asked Jeffrey to sit by Betty, and told Antwan to anchor the team. Apparently, she had decided to continue saving her voice, which would be a good thing since she had already indicated she had wanted another karaoke night.

Lenard placed two clickers in front of Antwan and Stephanie and waited for everyone to settle. "With it being teams now, the question isn't directed to a particular person. You have to click in to have a chance to answer. The team who gets the easy one gets the chance to get the hard one. Ok. Here's the question. Name the bizarre disaster of January 15, 1919?" Bzzzzzt! "Stephanie?"

"The Boston Molasses Flood!"

Correct. One minute to discuss this one. "What circus clown was the hero of the great Hartford Circus Fire?"

Stephanie nodded. She leaned over. "That means name and nickname if he had one. I know it's Emmett Kelly, but I can't remember if he had a stage name... Could def use help, girls."

Noel was happy to be on Kara's team, but when she was asked to help with the question about the clown she simply shrugged and looked to the others.

As Jeffery's team whispered, encase they got to steal, Jeffery merely said. "The only clowns I know of are Bozo and Pennywise, and neither of those seems right to me."

Calla said calmly, "The wording of the question is wrong. He was instrumental in helping save a lot of people, but he wasn't the hero. He was one of several."

She then asided, "It was a sad-sack character. I remember Willie. Something Willie."

Lenard said, "Time's up. Answer Stephanie."

Stephanie must've gotten sparked by Calla remembering that part. "Emmett Kelly who was known as Weary Willie!"

"That's it! Weary!" Calla groaned, slapping her forehead.

"I wouldn't have remembered if you hadn't said Willie, Calla." Steph shrugged.

"Either way, correct with both names needed. Steph's team has eight. Next question. What was unique about the 1960 Hilo Tsunami?"

No buzz and both "leader's" turned to their teams for help.

Noel once again didn't know so with a blush shrugged her shoulders.

Jeffery also shrugged but offered a guess.
"Perhaps it was the largest recorded?"

Candy nodded. "Depending on when the game came out... It could have been before the 2004 Tsunami in Indonesia."

Betty nodded. "All I can recall from my grandparents... They were there in Hawaii cuz grandpa was stationed there, it happened without warning. I mean, we're talking 1960. No earthquake preceded it."

Antwan nodded and buzzed in and gave both answers.

"This is a newer game. 2018. So, no. Not the biggest, or no warning. No warning maybe for Hawaii. Steph, your team can steal three and have a chance at eight."

"Best guess, then, is the earthquake happened somewhere else."

"It wants where." Lenard countered.

Steph rolled her eyes and shook her head Just as Betty slapped her forehead and even made Kara almost leap into Noel's lap as she yelled, "OH SHIT! 1960! DUH!"

Steph, blinking and giggling said, "I think Betty just found the connection, but I'm still stumped."

Lenard, looking first to Noel and Kara, asking if they were all right, said, "Okay, Betty. You can't get the big question... But why was the 1960 Hilo Tsunami so unique?"

"It was caused by the Chile earthquake about a half day before! Duh, duh, duh! Sorry I didn't see the connection earlier!"

Lenard nodded and put the card to the side. "Chilean earthquake was all it was asking for. No points for anyone."

Back
Top Bottom