Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"Oh yeah, I suppose so, I have never been on a team of any kind really, I am just hoping I won't let anyone down." She admitted, speaking more freely as her mind was also busy with prepping.

Stephanie made a face. "I don't think you need worry about that. Just keep doing what you started doing from day one when you can come back to practice... Which, I don't know when and where that'll be. I mean, I don't think the coach is gonna have us practice this week. We lost today and tomorrow school wise."

She didn't know where they would even have practice, or their home games since a cell tower crashed through the school gym.

Stephanie had to scoff as she watched Kara juice the other lemon. "Not likely. We'll just be moved somewhere else." They heard Lenard's home office phone ring. "That might be the super now, explaining where we're going to school and if we need a bus. I don't like driving..."

Lenard popped his head in the kitchen. "Stephanie. Would you be able to get the girls Monday? And do you know how to get to Tacoma West?"

There was the sounds of speaking or yelling, or something on the other end.

"Oh. Yes, sir. Sorry." Lenard blushingly looked at Stephanie. "Make that Cascadia West. School hours are the same. Breakfast at 6:30-7:45. First class eight a.m."

Stephanie sighed. "Wished I hadn't turned down that sweet sixteenth car now. Yes. We have two vehicles. I can get them. Quarter to seven."

Lenard nodded and he and the superintendent spoke some more as he walked back to his home office.

Noel continued to cook doing her best not to overhear conversations that were not directed at her.
"Oh, I didn't even think about going to a different building, are there more schools near here?"

Stephanie looked up. "About got those two tomatoes cut up for me, Noel? Well, there's a few closer than Cascadia West... But the student bodies don't exactly like us that well. Sure, we face Cascadia West, too, but they're friendly rivals, not bitter ones."

Noel nodded.
"Oh! yes! sorry they are all done I wasn't sure if you were ready for them yet, sorry" She took the cut tomatoes and started to move them to Stephanie.
"Oh is there like rules or something I should know?" she asked.

Stephanie looked puzzled as she put the bowl where Noel could put the tomatoes in. "What are you apologizing for? Go ahead and just dump them in, I'll mix it when I get my lemon zest and juice in and I add the cilantro. Think I have enough." She then shook her head. "Wait? Rules on what? Treat Cascadia West School like you would ours. We're their guests."

"Oh, but like, if we are at another school, will we be our school's team or still? for like sports and stuff?" She asked dumping the tomatoes in the bowl then returning to her other work.

Stephanie nodded, thanking her, and letting Kara dump the juice and zest in before mixing in the cilantro. 'Absolutely we're still our team. But our home court will be their gym. Oh! I don't know if I mentioned this yet, but I usually don't eat breakfast at school, but I will have to pick you up so early to get us there on time, that if you want breakfast, it'll have to be no later than seven a.m. sharp. I'll be here about ten after. It's 30 minutes to the west end of town. Not factoring in lights and traffic."

"Oh umm, okay, that should not be a problem, but I don't know when exactly we are starting, I think I will know more uhh, later.." Noel rubbed the back of her head as she tried to explain without getting into details.

Kara put her knife down and stared blankly at Noel. "Umm, I guess you didn't hear dad say that the super was just on the phone with him, and said we start back Monday, but go to Cascadia West?"

Stephanie laid the wooden spoon she was using to mix the guacamole, against the mixing bowl. "I thought that started us talking about it?"

Kara merely shrugged and began dicing Noel's onions.

"Oh, yeah maybe I figured that was just a general statement, I just remember that my status on when I can return to school was going to be based on my session in part," Noel replied.

"Oohh." Both said in unison. Stephanie fell quiet and continued stirring the guacamole.

Kara, however, cutting Noel's onions, asked, "So when is your next session? With things all gee-whopper-jawed, is it still Friday morning?"

Stephanie gave Kara a strange look. "Gee-whopper-jawed? Zorel, you are one weird cookie." She should talk, sounding like an old school version of Nancy Drew.

Stephanie shook her head. "Sounds like someone saw an old western, saw a cute puppy, and decided to adopt it... Without learning how to care for it. Do you even know what gee-whopper-jawed even means?"

"Messed up?" Kara shrugged.

"Don't YOU know? You're the one that used it!" Stephanie exclaimed. "See? You took your western puppy home and it turned out to be a coyote!" She teased.

Kara looked over to Noel for help.

Stephanie gave Noel a look of surprise. "Umm. That's cattywampus. Which is MY weird word. Crooked is a correct definition for it." For someone so smart, it never dawned on her that Kara's old timey word and hers could mean the same thing... Basically.

Pat had heard everything and came in. "Enough. Those two 19th century words you two are fighting about, are identical! One's from the west, the other from the east! Noel did nail it. For both of you. I want the coyote and the puma to lay down... Or Kara IS going to be finishing her onion dicing for Noel and leaving the kitchen. Have I made myself clear, Stephanie and Kara?" She purposely left Noel out of her targeting, because she was innocent.

"Yes ma'am." Both said calmly.

"Whopper-jawed," Kara began,

"And cattywampus," Stephanie added,

"Are both going to take naps." The two finished in unison.

Pat nodded, "Glad to hear it. Noel, remind these girls that two of their pet words have already been told to lay down if they start arguing over any more and trying to drag you into it... Again." She sighed. "And by the way... Good guess. Their definitions are identical."

Kara suddenly found her onions incredibly fascinating, and Stephanie finished mixing her guacamole.

Stephanie took the spoon out and tapped it on top of the bowl several times, knocking most of the Mexican dip back into it. "You guys want to sample the dip? Plenty still on the spoon." She put the lid on the mixing bowl and stuck it in the refrigerator unit it would be needed when Noel fashioned the burritos after making the seasoned meat.

Kara used her forefinger to gather a taste off the back of the spoon and tasted it. She choke snorted. "Think ya got carried away with the cilantro. Forgot you had the fresh?" Then in a mock mouth on fire accent, "Spiii-cey." Back to her normal tone. "I like it."

Stephanie offered Noel a taste from the remnants on front of the spoon.

“Oh umm, based off Kara’s reaction maybe I should not. I don’t think that I am as good with spice as Kara is” she admitted as she continued to work.

(Ooc: not sure what Noel should be working on, is it still too early for the meat?)

"I'm sorry. I put in about as much as I normally do any other time." Stephanie shrugged. "I only used two tablespoons finely chopped total. A tablespoon and a half per large avocado. And all four were big avocados."

"Mom only usually gets the big ones." Kara looked at Noel. "Wait. Are you sensitive to spice, yet make Mexican style? That gets pretty warm at times for the entreés."

Stephanie sighed and rolled her eyes with a "Kara..." She also looked at Noel. "Now that you know there's only three tablespoons in the whole mix, are you sure you don't want a taste?"

The clocks in the living room chimed three. Big Ben being the loudest.

"Kara... Vamoose. Let them start regular dinner now. Sounds like you're going to be more hindrance than help." Pat called.

A red and green bell pepper lay chopped on the board Kara was using; they were meant for Steph's Spanish rice.

"Sorry, Kara I would, of course, prefer you stay but you heard her." Noel replied as her mother told her to leave.

"And I guess I can try some, but then after that, I will need to start on the meat," she replied.

Back
Top Bottom