Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel blushed at the comment.
"Oh umm sorry... I didn't mean to make you sad" she stated not sure what else to say.

Jeffery smiled down at Candy. "You will have to wait and see" he smirked.

"So any recommendations for me?" He asked the room.

Kara thought for a minute, then snapped her fingers. The Wall

Candy wrote down, just in case, Pink Floyd and tapped her pen on the paper.

"Kara, that is so... Arf, non active." Pat tutted. "He needs something to make him dance. Something like Paula Abdul, Rolling Stones or Van Halen. He takes me as a Van Halen type more." She smirked. "However... if you do the role reversal fully... Make Candy there be your silent cartoon cat dance partner. Might have to change the lyrics a bit..."

Candy's eyes lit up and she put the pen and notebook to the side. Dancing did NOT involving using her voice... And she had been the "cartoon cat" before... For none other than Paula Abdul herself! She then stopped. With a loss of temper, Candy was about to lose something else. "Now wait one gosh darn cotton pickin' minute! The cat raps and sings in that song! Just ask Paula herself! Want me to call her?!"

Last edited:
Kara wanted to know what all the fuss was about and googled the song. She raised an eyebrow and showed Noel the lyrics. "You're just talking about scratching his rapping, right? I mean, you need some of the lyrics he sings or it won't make sense... So you're singing just the song itself? Both parts?"

Pat blinked, looking at Kara. "How much is split?"

"Pretty much all the verses are he, she, he, she." Kara explained.

Candy looked over to Jeffrey, sighed, grabbed the notebook, and wrote Either Jump by Van Halen or Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf. There's dancing opportunities in the latter. Former is self explanatory. As for the Rolling Stones, just pick almost anything of their more uptempos, and dance. She shook her head and sat, waiting for her notebook to come back.

Jeff nodded and decided to go with born to be wild.
Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way
Yeah, darlin'
Gonna make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space
I like smoke and lightnin'
Heavy metal thunder
Racing in the wind
And the feeling that I'm under
Yeah, darlin'
Gonna make it happen
And explode into space
Like a true nature child
We were born
Born to be wild
We can climbed so high
I never wanna die
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way
Yeah, darlin'
Gonna make it happen
And explode into space
Like a true nature child
We were born
Born to be wild
We can climbed so high
I never wanna die
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

He would move around and be as active as before while he sang.

Kara knew it was her turn, and got up. "So... Noel picked my song?"

As soon as the first disco notes began, she knew and laughed in spite of herself. "Yeah, I need to see the words. I did want to practice this one."

Candy raised a curious eyebrow. She hoped Kara wasn't biting off more than she could chew. The octave dipped pretty low for a high alto/low soprano singer. An alto/tenor like Noel wouldn't have too much difficulty with it.

Kara started off fine, even with doing a neo-disco like dance:

Oooo....You can dance
You can jive, having the time of your life
Oooo... See that girl
Watch that scene, digging the dancing queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go
Mmm... Where they play the right music
Getting in the swing
You come to look for a king

Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's
seductively high
Normal singing With a bit of rock music
Everything is fine
You're in the mood for a
sour notes too low for her dance. And when Normal you get the cha-yance

You are the dancing queen
Young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen
Feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah
You can dance
You can jive having the time of your life
Oooo... See that girl

You're a teaser, you turn em on
Leave them burning and then you're gone
Looking out for another
Anyone will do
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance

You are the dancing queen
Young and sweet only seventeen
Dancing queen
Feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah
You can dance
You can ji-hive, having the time of your life
Oooo... See that girl
Digging the dancing queen

Kara at least didn't screw up in the neo-disco dance moves...

Candy had actually WINCED when Kara hit those sour notes.

Both Noel and Jeff cheered with a standing ovation as she had finished, neither of them notice the sour notes.

Noel was ready for a hug and kiss when Kara would return to her seat.

Kara smiled as she received her hug and kiss.

"Noel, you're up one more time. Got something in mind?" Pat commented, urging Noel with a smile, nod and wave.

If she didn't, or was unsure, Pat had a thought. Such as it was... Which she would tell Jeffrey.

Pat rubbed her chin. "I see." She went over to Jeffrey. She asided to him, "We've always had her doing Fab Four and Monkees. What about Petula Clark?"

Candy raised an eyebrow. She held up her notebook. There's a few I'd have her try. Downtown and I Know a Place off the top of my head. But as far as other British women, only Linda Thorson and Cilla Black definitely. Lulu, possibly. The artist had spoken... Or rather had written.

Jeffery read it through and looked at his list giving a thumbs up to Noel to let her know she was good to go.

Noel gave Kara a hug before getting up and taking a breath before the music started.

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown.
When you've got worries all the noise and the hurry

Seems to help I know downtown.
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city

Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?

The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown
Things will be great when you're downtown
No finer place for sure downtown
Everything's waiting for you.

Don't hang around and let your problems surround you
There are movie shows downtown.
Maybe you know some little places to go to
Where they never close downtown.

Just listen to the rhythm of a gentle bossa nova
You'll be dancing with 'em too before the night is over
Happy again.

The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go - downtown
Where all the lights are bright downtown
Waiting for you tonight downtown
You're gonna be alright now
Downtown
Downtown
Downtown

And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you
Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to
Guide them along.

So maybe I'll see you there
We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares
So go downtown
Things will be great when you're downtown
Don't wait a minute more downtown
Everything is waiting for you
Downtown
Downtown
Downtown
Downtown
Downtown
Downtown
Downtown...

Noel once again stood still not quite having the stage presence of the others as she stood there and sang the lyrics as they went by. Though at least this time she knew the song or at least had heard it before.

Candy got up, gave a clap and nod, but made the sign to restart the track. She had Noel step back, and motioned for her to watch her. As soon as the music restarted (This time with just the instrumental going, the screen was dark) Candy started swaying with the music and pointed to her ears as she continued movement in sync with it. Soon she had only one hand in seemingly a stiff position, but pretty much the rest of her body was in motion. Her feet stepping to the beat as she seemed to pace/dance on the "stage" She was even snapping her fingers in rhythm to the instrumental version of Downtown. When the song ended for the second time, Candy moved her hands into a sort of "Ta-da", crossed one leg in front of the other and gave a sort of curtsy. She had been smiling through her entire silent dance show.

Kara looked confused, having no idea why Candy had performed a silent dance to Petula Clark's big hit. She even glanced at both her mom and Jeffrey for an answer. She took Noel's hand, moreso that Noel wouldn't feel nervous.

Noel took Kara's hand as well well as she performed her silent dance. Though when she was done even though Noel was just as confused as Kara was she took a moment to clap, considering it rude not to, and she did a good job dancing in Noel's opinion.

As Kara looked at Jeffery for an answer he decided to ask Candy a yes or no question.
"Candy were you showing Noel how to dance to that song? Since she didn't dance when she was singing?"

As Jeff said this Noel blushed and moved a little closer to Kara, feeling ashamed that she didn't dance, thinking she was not good enough.

Candy facepalmed. She even gave Kara a look of Shame on you, too!

She grabbed her notepad and wrote, Read this to Noel. It's more complicated than simply not dancing. Noel... You're too stiff. Loosen up. Feel the rhythm of the music go through you. Have in mind to be free with your movements and let yourself go. What others think isn't important. What is, is to have fun. The only thing that should be stiff is the arm and hand holding the mic. Pretend the audience isn't there if you get too nervous. Focus on a spot somewhere behind them, like a light fixture, the back wall or a painting. Homework, or I guess, classwork... Before we leave, I want you to watch some concert videos and see how the main singers are in motion. And then do a favorite song of YOURS for us. Don't be afraid of your audience. Ok? You've got the singing talent.

She looked again at Kara like she needed bopped, but all she got from her ex-Lollipop was a blank look of confusion. Kara would get it once the note was read.

Jeffery took the pad and skimmed it first.
"Well that's basically what I said but okay" He cleared his throat and read it, putting in what he believed to be the intended emotion and motivational speaking he thought was intended for it.

Noel looked at her hands nervously and nodded.
"I-I'll t-try"

"Candy you don't know this But Noel was severe social anxiety, being the focus of attention on something like this at least when I last knew her would have made her faint let alone, go up and sing, full dancing may not be in her scope. at least not yet." Jeff commented.
"But I don't know this Noel best, The Zorel's do, what do you think?"

A little light indeed did come on as Kara heard the message. Candy meant well, and she made some good points. She nodded as she put an arm around Noel's waist to draw her closer and Jeffrey told Candy about Noel's issue.

Candy shook her head, and asked for the pad back. She then wrote for Noel's eyes. I usually don't like saying/writing this... But when I was a little girl I was deathly afraid of performing on stage. Yes.... Candy Pop had debilitating stage fright. Anyhoo, I had a very close knit of people who supported me and helped me. The Duluth Singing Popovich Family is well known around Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Dakotas. Even somewhat known in parts of Southern Canada. You might not have as much support as I may have, but I can see the Zorels support you, as does your brother. You even have me in your corner now... Mainly because I've sort of been there. I may not fully understand your breed of anxiety... But believe me, I understand anxiety.

She stayed close, but not too close, giving Noel a smile.

Noel took the pad and quietly read it over, her eyes watering a little before she looked up and gave Candy the pad back.
"Th-thank you, Candy, that is very sweet. I'll do my best to improve..." She hesitated, going to hug the pop star but didn't know if it was appropriate or not so she stopped herself.

Candy smiled and opened her arms. "Hugs are good. I like hugs." She rasped. Jeffrey can just bitch. Well, extenuating circumstances... She hoped.

Kara released Noel so they could hug.

Pat nodded. "I'm going to get Candy's mattress pumped up, because it's almost ten. Technically, it's the weekend, so everyone can be up til midnight, but I have a feeling everyone is tired and has had a long day."

Jeffery pulled out his phone as she spoke.
"dietary restriction added as per agreement" He noted with a smirk.

Noel slowly released Kara with a soft smile before moving and Hugging Candy.

Jeff turned to talk to Pat.
"Oh, speaking of which, if it is easier, I have no issue sleeping on the couch here if Candy wants Noel's room and then you won't have to blow up the mattress" He offered.

Noel would look over to Pat as she hugged Candy, hoping she would take the offer and get her and Kara more alone time.

"I don't know, the actual sleeping couch (read: daybed) is in the room Lenard's in. This thing out here was not made for tall people and it doesn't pull out. Now, if, 1. You can sleep with a light on, and/or 2. You can wait until Lenard comes to bed around two-thirty or three in the morning... Feel free to ask him." Pat did not like guests being uncomfortable.

"I am fine with lights on and I am fine to wait, I have some work to catch up on anyway" He smirked and leaned forward.
"My boss is a total hardass" He did a fake whisper so that Candy could hear.

Candy playfully swatted him, shaking her head and chuckling softly.

Even Kara got in on that, "No she's not! Not unless you don't listen!"

What are you saying, Kara?

Pat nodded. "Then it's settled. Candy, you have Noel's room for your stay."

Once Noel and Candy had finished hugging she happily grabbed Kara's hand and gave it a squeeze.

Jeff just chuckled at the back and forth, pretending to wince at the swat.
"Haha, Oh listening! that might help" He joked.

Candy gave Jeffrey a weird look that spoke volumes.

"Apparently the issue isn't you not listening or not doing." Pat surmised correctly. "It's the teasing. And from that look, I'd wager you're both at fault."

Candy pointed to her nose as she looked at Pat then back at Jeffrey, mouthing (without saying aloud) while grinning, Behave!

Kara started heading for the stairs. "We need to change yet, and yeah, five was kinda early today. We need to do the karaoke again before you guys leave."

Jeffery held his hands up.
"Okay Okay I surrender, I get it, no more teasing" He nodded.

Noel happily walked with Kara.

"Okay good night you two if we don't see you again" Jeff waved to them.

Back
Top Bottom