Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Jeff decided the confusion wasn't worth any more effort and waved it off as Kara didn't seem to get it. He started to eat as others did and also seemed to enjoy it as he commented after finishing the first bite.
“This is very good, well done”
“I also heard mention of traditional clothing being missed out on?” He asked curiously.

Noel nodded though a little perturbed that she and Kara wouldn't have the night alone. While Jeffery gave a thumbs up before responding.
“I appreciate it, and don't worry tiny I won’t snoop around your room” he assured Noel.

“Though as for before sleep, we could try a little Karaoke night, though if you rather not the temptation Candy I would understand,” Jeff suggested.

Kara sighed. "Because of the weather emergency, more or less, Jeffrey. Dad can't focus on his music, which is... I believe... The main reason of the traditional clothing for those under the roof. Guests don't have to dress that way, and really, only family does." More proof for Noel, if she was still concerned or confused about being 'part of the family'... Even if it was honoring a family tradition she barely understood.

Candy shrugged. It wouldn't bother her any if the others would serenade her for a change. She quickly wrote down, Depends on if everyone knows all the lyrics to the song they're going to sing. We don't exactly have the karaoke machine with us... Or do we? Did you bring it in anticipation? She handed the notepad to Jeffrey with a raised eyebrow.

Candy nodded her approval. She'd be good and not sing, despite the temptation that was going to abound with the others. She did a double take and Kara looked at her mom wide-eyed and open mouthed, even Lenard looked at his wife blankly. Why? Ten simple words.

"You got the music to Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport?" Pat then looked at all the faces around her. "Oh, come now... Who dint see that comin'?"

Pat smiled. "Earmark that one for me. The girls cooked, so Lenard and I have the dishes."

"Dear, I have a weather emergency to keep tabs on." Lenard complained.

"That isn't hitting us until tomorrow afternoon or evening. You got time to do the dishes with me." Pat said stern enough, there would be no further argument. She looked at the others. "I'll meet you in the living room when we finish."

Kara might have misunderstood Noel this time as Pat waved Jeff and Candy off. Candy poked Jeff and pointed to her latest written message. Then since we're here as your guests, let me make dinner tomorrow. I'm not just a pop star. Jeffrey might want to add at least a salad to whatever Candy has in mind, since she isn't exactly familiar with eating healthy.

Lenard looked at her. "Tell my wife what you have in mind, Candy. If you don't want the others to know, whisper it."

Pat looked at the honey haired pop singer. "Really? We haven't had those in a while. That's different." Lenard looked at her, an eyebrow raised, so Pat whispered "Sausage burgers. Not hamburgers... SAUSAGE burgers."

Lenard had a bit of a pouting think expression, but finally nodded. Candy had permission to use the kitchen... As long as she didn't destroy it.

Kara looked at Noel, whilst giving her a kiss on the cheek. She said quietly, "It's rude to get ready for bed when we have guests... But we can go to my room until Mom and Dad finish the dishes."

Jeff waited for the final decision before speaking up.
"That settles it then, me and Candy are making dinner tomorrow" He smiled.

Noel blushed lightly at the kiss and then nodded.
"Y-yeah" She replied giving her hand a squeeze.

Candy turned around and looked at Jeffrey, hands on hips. She knew why he was helping and she didn't like it. It was going to be balanced. She also thought (mistakingly) he intended to drain her burgers. She pouted a real pout, not a thinking pout as she wrote on the pad, before handing it to him. For your information, sausage BURGERS are made with spices and are baked. Not fried. I'll gladly show you tomorrow. I'll even let you preheat the oven! She knew he was going to add appropriate sides to it, so best he saw how they were even made.

Pat even asked Lenard. "Homemade sausage burgers. When was the last time we had that?"

"That's a German-American picnic food. It's been a while." Lenard admitted. "Or as Kara would say, a hot minute."

Kara, meanwhile, led Noel by the hand upstairs. There wasn't going to be much alone time with Candace "Candy Pop" Popovich sharing the room during the emergency. She still wasn't sure if she should go farther than the kiss or not. She giggled as she quoted a song title that would prove to be the one CANDY picked out for her. "I think we're alone now." She also picked out one for Noel from the Beatles. I think your sister would do Imagine real well. It should complement her style and octave quite well. She then said or wrote nothing else until after the two sing the songs she picked.

Jeffery let out a chuckle.
"Haha, don't worry I won't step on your toes, I'll just add other parts of the meal for some balance, I won't mess with your burgers" He smiled holding his hands up in defense.

Noel held Kara's hand firmly as they made their way up to her room, she wanted to use every second of alone time they had together since it was so rare and would get even rarer now that they were going to be sharing a room with Candy. Though Noel had no idea what Kara had in mind for when they arrived in the room.
"Heh, yeah" Noel nodded, shutting the door behind them then nervously approached Kara.
"I umm, do you w-want to umm.." She couldn't find the words so instead moved in for a kiss.

Jeffery nodded.
"yeah maybe but maybe we should make sure we pick a song she is comfortable with for her first song, something familiar and fun" He rubbed his chin.

Candy gave a questioning look Jeffrey's way that screamed her unspoken question of like what?

Kara put her arms around Noel's waist and kissed happily, or was she returning it? After all, Noel initiated it, right? She sat on the bed pulling Noel into a sitting position next to her.

"Might want to tell them no potatoes. That was tonight's entree." Lenard said calmly. "Sausage burgers are baked, but that won't stop one or both from making fried potatoes. We need to nip that."

Pat nodded. She handed him a plate. "Absolutely. After these are done, eh?"

"Yes, dear." Lenard chuckled, taking the plate to dry.

Jeffery chuckled with a shrug.
"I have no idea, honestly my family wasn't huge into music so her musical tastes must have developed since she left." He answered.

Noel continued to kiss Kara happily, her hands going around Kara's shoulders as she moved to sit on the bed beside Kara, not letting up on the kiss.

Lenard came into the living room where Candy and Jeffrey were talking on the couch. "I'm going to pass on karaoke. I'm not going to be into it much. Preoccupied with the storm for why you two are under this roof. Tomorrow's supper... Which we call dinner in this family... No potatoes. I know it didn't taste quite like it because of the bacon and cheese, but those dumplings were that. We tend to mix our starches up, and never have the same ones back to back."

Candy looked at Jeffrey then Lenard. She was just going to have to use her voice, raspy as it was. "Zat include yams?"

"Yams?" Lenard asked, shaking his head.

"Sweet potatoes." Pat stated.

"Oh. That starch that's pumpkin like?" Lenard.

"I-I can substitute pumpkin if you like! I HAVE made it both ways! It shouldn't ruin the flavor! Just might make a sweeter tasting meat!" Candy rasped quickly.

Lenard rubbed the back of his head. "That the one we have at Thanksgiving with marshmallows that Bonnie made us last year? When we also had mashed potatoes?"

"Yes." Pat nodded, as she glanced at Jeffrey. "That girl says another word, muzzle her." She then looked at Lenard. "Yes or no questions to her rest of night. That sounds terrible. Help her save her voice." To Candy. "Either nod or shake. Got it?"

Candy nodded and quickly jotted down for Jeffrey's eyes. Sheesh! She's more a medical dictator than my own doctor! I thought HE was being tough on me...

Lenard sighed, pinching his nose. "So... Mashed yams help hold the meat together like eggs and bread crumbs does a meatloaf?"

Nod and point to her nose.

"Ummm. Does a certain orange gourd work as well?"

Candy sort of nodded with a shrug. "What?" He looked at his wife.

"Changes texture. Not as well. And if I'm not mistaken, sweetens it. She did say that before I threatened to have her muzzled." Pat explained.

Lenard sighed. "Can you use canned yams?"

Candy nodded.

"Alright. That's all the starch then please. What's holding the meat together."

Meanwhile, Kara was smiling as she took every kiss, and then returned it. "I love you." She whispered softly as she ran her hands along Noel's sides. "So glad I met you so soon after..." She trailed off. Bonnie didn't break up with Kara... Her family broke them up. She shook off that reality, wanting to live in this moment with Noel, now. She gave another soft kiss to the lips.

Jeffery looked down at Candy.
"You think those two are tough, wait till I get serious, each word you say from now on I am going to double the exercise routine I am putting you through." He threatened.
"Write it and I can say it, deal?" He told her.

Meanwhile, Noel continued to kiss Kara, happy for every moment, though she was curious where Kara was going with that last statement she was too entranced at the moment to ask about it yet.
"I love you too, so much, more than I have loved anyone before" She whispered between kissed as her hands held wrapped firmly around her, still around her shoulders.

Candy wasn't exactly overweight. If anything ten to twenty pounds the most. It was just her heavy salt and soda diet had to be addressed or she wouldn't live much past 30. She definitely didn't want to be one of those that died at 27... She knew that was the path she was currently on, and like those who died of drug overdose, hers could be preventable now, at 23. She was facing a possible heart attack, though. She reminded him that she hired him as manager and nutritionist by note and pointed a finger at him and then her somewhat still svelte body. I don't mind the exercise, but let's not go overboard. Nutrition. Take away my goodies, nutritionist... Better deal? Shake... she put her right hand out after she was sure he'd read it. Now she had to really watch it and keep her mouth shut. Her Grippo's barbecue potato chips, and Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips were now at stake!

(OOC: Her salt intake is what messed up her inner workings. Why the double surgery: appendix, tonsils)

Kara gave Noel another deep kiss when her phone rang. "Ugh." Without looking, she answered. "Hello?" She looked guiltily at Noel. "Uh. Couldn't you have texted that?" She blushed extremely red. "Bons! That's mean! No. Dad's still watching; it hits tomorrow. Uh..." She reached out to stop Noel. Begging with her eyes not to leave. "Wait, that was you? Why didn't you say something? Your dad?! He was gonna do what?! He's where? Bons..." A dejected sigh. "Yeah. I agree. Very bad but you shouldn't wish that of your own dad. Well, yeah, he forced that... Now wait a minnit! How'd you know that?! Yeah, actually... We were, she is. You and your darn spy network. Well, okay, trudat. Yeah just a minute." She handed the phone to Noel. "It's Bonnie Rockwell (NPC when she visits. I need to set up her character for you). She already knows about us, but not from me. I never figured out how to tell her. She just threatened to tie me up with Kryptonite rope and... Ahem me silly for not having the guts... Anyhoo. She already said she'll be cordial with you and you can take that to the bank."

Jeffery nodded.
"Deal, see I lead with something worse so we could compromise on the real issue, negotiating 101" he smirked as they shook hands.

Noel enjoyed the deep kiss she got from Kara and returned it, jumping a little at the phone ringing. Nodding and staying quiet as she talked on it. She stayed there looking into Kara's eyes with a smile as she placed a hand on her knee to tell her that she wasn't going anywhere. She tried her best not to listen in too much to Kara's side of the phone call, not wanting to be snoopy but listened up again when she was being addressed.
"umm Uh oh..." She took the phone and took a breath.
"H-hello?" She said putting the phone up to her ear nervously.

"Hey, Sporty Shorty! Congrats on being starting lineup on basketball... Yeah, I know, I have my sources," a giggle. "Anyhoo. You treating Supergirl alright and she treating you alright?"

"Oh umm, h-hey Th-thanks and umm ye-yeah I think that we uhh, are treating each other uhh super nice. In fact, Kara is the nicest person I have ever met" she gave Kara a smile as she spoke on the phone.
"Oh umm, I am sure you know but uhh, I am Noel.." she replied, her voice not hiding her nervousness at all.

Bonnie gave another giggle. "Good to hear." She cleared her throat. "Bonnie, nice to meetcha. Kara's kinda not had such a wonderful life, as I'm sure she's tolja already. I'm kinda protective of her, as I can relate. Used to drive her overprotective mom nuts... Okay, okay, Pat's not that bad, but it can seem that way at times. So, what about you? How'd you meet, didja hit it off right away? I don't bite unless one of my girls gets hurt by someone. Even when Kara got the captaincy, they were my girls before they were hers, y'know?"

Noel blushed at the questions.
"Umm nice to meet you as well, we uhh, we met at a cafe, she actually picked me up wearing a supergirl outfit... umm heh I didn't realize it at the time though. I am a little dim with that stuff, but once I figured it out we were instant friends. Umm, we just had our first date recently but we umm have been through quite a bit." She explained.
"I umm I love Kara with all my heart, I would never hurt her... at least not intentionally." She explained wanting to be honest with her.

"Awww. Yeah. I agree. She's definitely a lovable lug. Whole fam is. Ever meet her celeb-buddy? Y'know, that pop star? For the longest time until I met her, I'd have sworn on a mile high stack o' Bibles, that she and Kara were the same person. Seriously. She has sang to you, I hope... Or I'mma skinning her when I can get out there. An' you can tell her I said that. Unless she's serenaded ya already, that is."

"Oh umm yeah Candy is actually here, downstairs though, and umm and yeah she has sung to me a lot, umm I think she sang me out of a coma" She explained.

Bonnie was obviously smiling on the other end. "Am I right, huh? If you never met Candy Pop, but heard her on the radio... And then Kara singing live.... Huh??" She took a breath. "My dad came out there to start shit with Kara again. He still blames her for turning me lesbian. He needs to look in the mirror. Anyhoo, told you to give a heads up. I just told Kara. So he's medium build. Salt and pepper hair. Forties. He may have my brother with him. Football type... So all brawn no brain. Brown hair, eyes. Tan complexion that's actually almost orange, cuz he tanned under a tanning bed with wrong kind of lotion. They both blame Kara for that, too. I'll send Kara a pic to show you. Try to steer clear of them. They're the male anatomy if ya get me. Stay safe and I wanna talk with you again, Noel. Hand me back to Supergirl."

"Yeah, umm speaking of which can you please not mention me on social media about me and Kara, my family doesn't know yet. They are close-minded and by the sounds of it, similar to your family. a bunch of muscle heads. Oh! but sorry you wanted Kara umm here she is, uhh bye" she offered the phone back in a panic.

Back
Top Bottom