Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Lenard popped his head out from behind the open freezer. "Just the two I've been looking for." He said, shutting the door and holding his last Klondike mint. "My boss just called me. I'm going to have to watch that puppy now, but I won't be doing any cooking... On my days mind you. And what's this I hear about a famous house guest?"

Kara explained what had transpired at the store; so for the first time, Noel was getting all the information about the second houseguest and why.

Lenard nodded. "Always was all fast food and soft drinks and the like. Nothing square. Doctors must have found something in the removal of her tonsils. They had to get her appendix out first, so double medical whammy. Well... Now maybe she'll listen with Jeffrey. She has to sounds like. You and I both told her to take better care of herself, Kara." He shook his head. "Kara, you helped make this meal before. This is today's traditional Slovak dinner." He took the piece of paper off the refrigerator door and put it in front of them. "Remember how it's done or do I need to get Mom's recipe book?" He continued to eat his Klondike bar.

Kara looked it over. "I think I remember how to make the sour mushroom soup, but not the entreé..."

"Can't be a think involved. Even on the soup. Candy has never tried our food before. Jeffrey either. We need to wow her. I'm getting the book. Start preparing the ingredients. Everything's in the fridge."

Kara had been holding Noel's hand all this time, but now she let go. "Noel can dice the mushrooms here at the little breakfast table. I'll start cutting the potatoes." She sighed.

"Good girls." Lenard disappeared out of the kitchen.

Noel listened intently, getting a little nervous at the company coming over but she knew she would be fine once they got here as she felt comfortable around them both and Kara would be with her. Plus she was more than used to having Jeffery around it was actually nice when she saw him again despite the pain he could be teasing her.

"I am sure Jeff with making sure she eats right, we were brought up pretty strict it seems with how we eat," Noel added trying to help them feel more confident that she would start eating better.

Noel wished she could defend Kara, but she knew Lenard was right if you messed up the ingredients or amounts or even timings even a little it could ruin the dish or at least change it. So she decided to remain quiet as they spoke.

Noel felt that feeling every time she and Kara released hands, the instinctual urge to grab her hand again like if she didn't she would never get to hold her hand again. But She ignored her impulse to do so.

"Right I'll get on the mushrooms," Noel asked before she got into position after grabbing the soaking ingredients and started to dice them.
"Do you want them back in the bowl again after they are diced?"

Lenard brought the book in and deposited the wadded foil wrapping from the mint Klondike bar in the trash container.

Kara shook her head quickly and showed Noel the directions on the soup. She was so used to sauerkraut juice in their foods she only remarked, "Oh. I forgot about that. I would have changed the taste."
Screenshot_20210127-174210.png Screenshot_20210127-174249.png Screenshot_20210127-174309.png Screenshot_20210127-174355.png
Screenshot_20210127-174411.png Screenshot_20210127-174425.png

She began working on the entree, boiling the potatoes.

Noel decided to continue with her work on the mushrooms and grabbed a large pot, she then grabbed and started to slice the onions she would need for later. Once she was done she grabbed the juice from the mushrooms and carefully poured the mushroom juice into the pot without disturbing the sediment at the bottom. She then added the mushrooms she had just cut and 4 cups of water and realized she needed to add a whole onion, so she quickly ran off and prepared one before adding it. Then lightly added pepper and even lighter added salt, she was always told to go light on the salt. She then started to get it to a boil, preparing to reduce the heat once it did.

(what Kara is working on.)
Screenshot_20210127-174037.png Screenshot_20210127-174051.png
Kara smiled as she noticed Noel following the recipe to the letter, as she prepared other parts of her entree. "I'm afraid you're gonna be stuck at the table. I need to get ready to make those potatoes look like this." She showed the picture of the practical pancakes. She also needed to keep her flour mess to a minimum in her counter space.

Noel had to wait for some time before the water boiled, though she wanted to keep an eye on it since as soon as it got there she had to reduce the heat. In the meantime she prepared the ingredients she would need for the next step, including preparing a large spoon to scoop out the onion once she reduced it to a simmer.

Kara realized early on that with six eating, she was going to have to double everything to make enough. As she boiled two more potatoes, she mashed and prepared the first set. It put her in a bad position as she couldn't put her salted water pot to boil on the stove, as Noel was going to need a front burner and so would she. She started the back burner nearest Noel, before hand making her first loaf after putting plenty of flour down. She pointed to the back burner. "When it starts boiling, move it to the back burner. Once my other potatoes get done, I can remove that pan and set up my other to boil these potato heads." She grimaced as she checked the potatoes boiling before rolling out the ones that had from their loaf look.

Noel nodded having prepared herself for step 6 already and once the time came moved all the pots and pans where they needed to go before moving to do the instructions on part 6 of the instructions.

Kara was finally able to pull the other potatoes, thus getting rid of one pan . She set up the bigger pan with the salted water so that it would actually be boiling by the time she had made enough of what would basically look like potato dumplings.

As she used the glass to make the dumplings with the necessary amount of bryndza cheese, she set them to the side until she had about six. Like most Slovak females, Kara would transport those ready to boil to the pan via the back of her arm. Lenard didn't, citing his courser hair... But he could if he wanted.... Although the last time the Zorels had these, Noel wasn't a part of the family, yet.

"I wonder what time Jeffrey and Candy will get here..." Kara asked just trying to make conversation.

(Soup should have been boiling and turned down to simmer by now)

With the soup now on simmer, Noel had finished preparing so she poured it through the strainer as the directions stated and mixed it, and then whisked it as stated.

Kara looked over after a slight stir to keep the dumplings from sticking to the bottom of the pan or each other. "Noel? You know your brother better than the rest of us... Do you know when we should be expecting him and Candy?"

She knew what her dad had said. Jeff was to be there by four or four-thirty, considering dinner was five... And he was to be there before dinner.

"You'll probs gonna be in my room with me and your brother or Candy will be in yours." Kara stated, finishing her thought.

Noel thought for a moment.
"Umm he is pretty punctual, so probably pretty close to four, since that was what I had sent," she replied as she continued to whisk the soup, making sure it was how the instruction stated before she would stop.

"And that makes sense, but then where will the other sleep? If Jeff is in my room will Candy be in yours with us? Or is she going to be in there with him?" She asked.

Lenard came in and to the fridge to grab a small juice. "Smells good, ladies." He looked at the time. Two thirty.

Kara teased her dad, seeing as he grabbed a Welch's 100% grape juice. "Now don't go spoiling your supper!"

Lenard playfully bopped her head with the plastic bottle. "Yes, mother."

Pat snorted. "Payback for all the times you said that to her when it was obvious she wouldn't." Both Kara and her mom giggled.

He pointed to both of them. "Foul! That was a set up!" Yet, he was laughing, too. He then answered Noel. "If Candy takes your room... Jeffrey will be on the couch in the living room. If Jeff takes your room. Yes. She'll be in Kara's on an air mattress."

Pat shrugged. "Weather Yoda has spoken."

"Correct, you are." Lenard teased in a perfect imitation. "Spoken, have I. Obey, you shall."

Pat shook her head and waited in the living room for Jeffrey and Candy to arrive; Lenard went back to his map, computer and calculations.

With the soup all but done and Pat letting their guests in. Kara put the last six Bryndzové pirohy in the pot to boil, stirring. "Brr, it's getting cold." Pat remarked.

Candy couldn't help herself. She'd probably hear about it from Jeffrey later but she said raspily, "You should have grown up in Minnesota. Like me. This is nothing."

Kara looked at the soup. "I can't wait... Uh...Did you make the sliced onions?" If Noel had, they probably ended up off the stove moreso due to lack of elbow room. Both of them were cramped in a small space with little wiggle room.

"I did! did I miss something?!" She asked seeming concerned.

Jeff smiled and gave Candy a look.
"Candy is supposed to rest her voice today, so if everyone could make sure she does that it would be great since she doesn't seem to want to listen to me" He stated.
"But yeah, as Noel may have told you, back in Canada this is nothing"

"No, if you did the sliced onions, everything's cool. I just didn't see them." Kara never backtracked on anything so quickly.

"Maybe someone should have a notepad again." Pat said parentally.

Candy gave a half smile and shrug. "Thanks for allowing this."

Pat shook her head. "Should have saved that thanks for Lenard, Candy. We're glad to have you both." She then looked at Jeffrey. "Kara said she ran into you guys at the store... Four aisles down from all the canned food. There's plans for a fruit cocktail upside down cake this week sometime... Unless the weather puts a kabosh on things tomorrow."

Candy, meanwhile, took off her coat, revealing a long sleeve pink maxidress to go with her faded (as in the honey blonde was coming out of her half pink, half blue dyed hair) cotton candy hair colors.

"Maybe, maybe not." Lenard said calmly. "More likely we're erring on the side of caution on the winds... But not the snow. I can't be certain, but it could be gathering moisture strength there in Alaska. I'd like a couple pairs of fresh eyes real quick." He then called for Kara and asked Jeffrey to also take a look at the radar.

The large line of storms over the islands along the south west coastline of Alaska's "hind leg" did seem to be intensifying, but not the whole line... Just those still over the Pacific and tangling with the islands off the coast.

"Yeah, I did it while prepping the things for step six" Noel calmed down a little as she saw Kara response.
"Heh, sorry, I didn't mean to freak out, I was just being really careful when I was following the instructions. I was worried that I would mess everything up."

"Thanks for inviting us over" Jeffery smiled as he came in and removed his jacket wearing a collared shirt and semi-fancy pants. Jeffery nodded when offered to look.
"Well I will look but not sure how much extra insight I can bring to the table, not exactly my field of expertise," he explained going with them. Noel stayed back and first ran and grabbed Candy a notepad and pen offering it to her.
"Since it sounds like they might try and muzzle you" She then would leave to continued to help in the kitchen with whhere she could.

"Hmmm" Jeff rubbed his chin,
"Yeah it looks like it is coming right down through here," He pointed along it's trajected path without touching anything.
"Do you think it could dissipate before it reaches here?" He asked.

Kara groaned as she was called to help look at a weather map, just as she put the bacon on to fry. "Ugh! Daaad I got bacon frying!" She glanced at Noel after she got back in the kitchen after being saluted with the notebook to forehead and a grin by the pop star. "Can you watch my frying pig? Don't pull until all the white is off... So the bacon has to be crispy. Thanks, love." She asked Noel as she also followed quickly.

As she looked at the current loop which was moving east by southeast at a pretty good clip, Kara commented. "Mmm. I don't think so. Looky here, Jeff. It's strengthening over the sea and islands, but doesn't seem to be losing intensity once it's over land. All these darker shades of blue show the strength of the storms." She looked at her dad. "Is this the storm front?"

"Arctic front." Her dad corrected. "Yes. My eyes are getting tired. I didn't see either of those you two mentioned."

Kara looked again as the storms made their way down Alaska's leg. "Can I see a broader view? And put the front in, please?" Kara asked. Once that was done she watched the radar loop. "OMG. You're right, Jeff! Look, dad, it's coming this way now, and has picked up speed. It's going to be tomorrow afternoon, now... Not curfew, but much earlier. And with how it's shifted direction, it actually might still be snowing by the time the watch is scheduled to end! If this sucker stalls, we're going to get socked!"

Lenard looked at the movements. Finally, he shook his head. "A speed up of ten miles per hour is not enough to warrant that. What did I teach you? Fifteen or higher could cause an unforeseen stall within a day. And even then... It's COULD. Meteorology isn't an exact science. We still can't forecast which severe storms could become cyclonic." With a sigh, he made the call to the weather office. "Thanks. Both of you." He rubbed his eyes as he waved to the door.

"Good job on spotting the change in direction." Kara smiled as she glanced at Jeffrey. "Too bad it means it's coming in sooner due to the increase in speed, and staying longer. You really helped Dad out."

Noel gave a salute back to Candy with a smile then quickly went to the kitchen, listening to Kara before Saluting her as well.
"Yes! Ma'am!" She puffed her chest out as she gave her salute. She then did as she was asked and made sure all the bacon was cooked to perfection.

Jeff simply listened and watched how things progressed after he gave his view. Surprised when it turned out that he had guessed the right thing. But he didn't say anything thing till he left the room with Kara. Instead of just giving a nod and telling Lenard he was welcome, not wanting to add unneeded stress.

"Heh I wish I was wrong in that case, but to be honest I was just giving the best guess, I didn't even think about half the things you had mentioned." He admitted as they walked back, him having to duck slightly under some of the doorways being slightly over 6ft tall.

"So now that you aren't attached to Noel, how have things been, has she been okay since you left the hospital? I noticed there isn't a kitten here yet." He asked with a smile.

Kara shook her head. "We really haven't had a chance. Tabby's still around, though. Probably on a bed upstairs (she was. On Noel's in her room), we've kinda been taking it easy all week. And she seems to holding out pretty good. We did go to see Singin'in the Rain yesterday at the retro movie theatre downtown, yesterday, and then out to eat. Mom was our chauffeur, but did let us watch the movie, just the two of us. We sorta had our first date. Um... With each other."

She shook her head. "Seeing that change in direction was huge, Jeff. I ignored it, myself, figuring that he had noticed. Turned out he hadn't caught it. That's why I focused on how it was strengthening over the water. And it was just kinda holding station over land."

She sighed. "I gotta get back and finish supper. We'll be eating shortly. Feels awkward not being in our traditional clothing, though." She broke off into the kitchen and her duties of cutting the bacon and putting the finishing touches on the Bryndzové pirohy, which was their main course. "Pour the soup while I'm doing this... We're all but ready to eat!" She chirped happily to Noel. "You wanna call them to dinner?"
Screenshot_20210112-193920.png Screenshot_20210112-194011.png

Jeffery nodded along as Kara explained what they had been doing since they left the hospital.
"Oh wow, I had kind of assumed since you two were living together and dating that you already had a first date, usually that part comes before the official dating status in my book at least. But congrats I hope it went as planned" Jeffery said motioning to give Kara a congratulatory punch in the arm but switched to a pat on the back instead.

"Well, I am happy to help in any way I am able, even when I don't really grasp the depth of my help" He smiled.

Noel beamed as she saw Kara return.
"Oh, Kara!" She hugged her lifting a leg up behind her.
"Missed you, uhh the bacon is cooked and ready to cut," she told her in a more serious voice. Then listened as she told her the next steps.
"Yes Ma'am" She snickered pouring the soup as requested before walking out and calling everyone for dinner.
"Food is ready! come get it while it's hot!"

Candy raised an eyebrow and silently giggled. Pat gave Jeffrey a double take, and then shrugged.

Lenard walked in to the living room with the pop artist busy writing something in the notebook, grinning wildly; and Pat shaking her head as if she just heard something that might have lost something in the translation. "What'd I miss? Noel's part of the family. She can call us to supper if it was that."

Candy shook her head as the six gathered at the dining table, slapping Jeffrey playfully in the stomach with the pad and pointed to it as if what she wrote was meant for his eyes only. The way you said that could be construed as if moving in together DOES come before the first date. Duh, Brainiac, lol. If I misunderstood, tell me why while you playfully bop me on the top of the head with the notebook.

Pat, meanwhile, thought again about what she thought she heard, finally muttering something unintelligible about Yanks in her Aussie accent while glancing at Candy!

Lenard sat and said, "This looks fantastic, ladies, good job. Shall we eat?"

Jeffery read the paper and then thought back on what he had said then turned and booped Candy on the head with the notepad to hand it back.
"Not what I meant, a slip of the tongue. Let me Clarify. Hey Kara what I said before, you know what I meant." He called out casually.

Noel was confused by Jeff's comment but shook it off.
"Thank you, I hope it tastes just as good" Noel smiled looking at Lenard.

Kara witnessed the odd action and remark. As Jeff addressed her, she raised an eyebrow and slowly nodded as if to say she wondered what that was about more than what he said.

Candy shrugged accepting she misheard and dug in. Despite her fame and travels, she never really had a home cooked Slovak meal. One bite told everyone she was impressed, stopping chewing and pointing at her plate with her fork, and smiling and nodding.

Pat just smirked, giving Candy a sidelong glance. Apparently she had guessed right about what she had heard and who messed up their own thinking. "Normally, we'd have entertainment in the form of Lenard playing his pipe and the girls dancing. Unfortunately, Lenard nixed it due to the emergency of all at this table are now aware."

"And I'll be watching that front for the foreseeable future." Lenard commented. "At least until it gets here."

Pat looked at Noel and Kara. "Well, that means Jeff has Noel's room. And Candy, you're in Kara's on an air mattress."

Kara looked at Noel and Jeffrey. "Sorry about the... Weird sleeping arrangements."

Candy shrugged and rasped, "I'm used to it." And continued eating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom