Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel watched interestedly as she created her concoction, looking at her and nodding with a smile as she was offered a taste. She went over and opened her mouth so Kara could feed it to her. Her face paused a moment as she tasted it, then lit up as she came to a conclusion.
"Oh, that is actually yummy, so many different flavors combining!" She smiled turning around and trying to make the same for herself now.

Kara smirked as Noel made her analysis just as Pat came down wearing what could only be described as soccer mom clothing. Teasingly, she quipped, "Kara are you trying to weird out Noel's taste buds?" She then noticed the ingredients. "What is that? Grape nuts, fruity pebbles and brown sugar and spice oatmeal?" She tutted. "Didn't need the fruity pebbles." She made hers with apples and cinnamon instead of the fruity pebbles. The other two were grape nuts and brown sugar and spice.

"I like her inventive spirit, especially in the kitchen, I am always excited to try new food combinations, even if I think it will be nasty" Noel smiled.

Noel was wearing a pair of Jeans and a t-shirt, the jeans were loose-fitting as she always wanted to be able to be mobile and tight pants restricted too much. Her Shirt was just a plain Green that seemed to bring out her eyes quite nicely.

Pat took her less wild breakfast to the kitchen table. She watched Kara's expression and eyes move up to Noel's face. "That shirt is bringing out your eyes nicely. Come sit and eat your breakfast with us."

Noel nodded embarrassed and sat beside Kara, nudging her chair a little closer after sitting.
"Thank you, I umm, I really like your outfit as well" She smiled then took a bite of her food, which matched Karas.

Kara thanked her, and as soon as breakfast was finished, they would have to be off to the grocery to get exactly what Lenard said. Pat would send Noel to get the paper towels and toilet paper, while Kara was sent to get the dry pasta. They would meet back in the canned fruit and vegetables and canned dinners (chef boy ar dee, Campbell's soups) aisle. Unfortunately...

Noel would run into Dr. Brinker looking at paper plates, and Kara would run into Candy Pop pricing ramen noodles against pastas and dry beans. Would Jeff be with her, and can both keep mum as Lenard asked considering WHO they are?

Noel would jump a little as seeing Dr. Brinker, though knowing she had a secret to keep tried to pretend she didn't see her and try to walk by without being seen.

Jeffery smiled and waved at Kara.
"Hey Kara, I was just stopping by here before we planned on heading to your place for that message that Noel sent me, what's going on? Noel won't tell me anything." He asked.

"Noel." Dr. Brinker smiled. Noel had had a good reason to jump, seeing as Brinker was dressed as... A more anatomical correct Barbie. "I'm glad I ran into you. I forgot to give you and Kara your 'doctor excuses' for missing a few days of school this week. Who are you here with and what errand are you on that brings you to the paper goods isle?" If Noel was curious, Brinker was there to pick up paper plates for one of the officers' daughter's birthday party... Which would also explain Brinker dressed up like a Barbie doll... With proper survivable proportions.

Kara was next cornered (relatively speaking) by a raspy sounding Candy Pop. "Your dad still with the weather service?"

Kara cleared her throat. "You know, instead of all that sodium from those packets in the ramen, why not get a buncha packs of spaghetti and macaroni and other pastas and different sauces and shredded cheese? Sure it's more, but you're not risking high blood pressure."

She turned back to Jeff. "We?"

Candy nodded. "I'm coming with. Under doc's orders to stick with him. He's got my nutrition orders. Sides... You know how rowdy the band gets. Kinda GLAD he's to watch what I eat."

Kara grimaced. "Oh. Umm... Well, yeah. Dad's still at the weather service, but you know how he is... Doesn't always tell us either. We were playing Yahtzee and dad came in and told Noel to tell Jeff to come over and stay the weekend." She went to the spaghetti and grabbed five one pound bags. She knew she and Noel would be cooking at least one of them. "Got tonight's supper and the rest of the week. Italian is one of the other meals this week." She decided leaving the better part of valor.

As she rounded the corner, she heard Candy rasp. "Her dad's up to something, Jeffrey. Mark my words. Yeah. I know. Zip it Candy. Save your voice, Candy. Alright, after I say this. We'll follow her lead on the pastas. She's right. Way too much salt in ramen season packets. Let's grab three and then get some Ragu."

Noel couldn't help but blush a little at her outfit, it sending her anti-social issues into overdrive as she suddenly had to both keep a secret and talk to someone unexpected, who was wearing such an outfit.
"Oh- I umm, I just had to uh, get toilet paper and uhh.." She looked at what she had in her hands.
"Paper Towels, umm Lenard told us to get them..." That was okay right? she didn't actually lie she just didn't tell her why, that isn't a lie right? Though Noel didn't really understand why she couldn't tell her the truth. She felt bad that she was at the store already and may need to come back to stalk up, perhaps she should give her a hint?
"I mean uhh, also Kara is with me and she is getting Pasta and stuff, just thought right now might be a good time to re-stock on non-perishables," she stated nervously.
"Umm, so what uhh, what do we I mean what are our excuses for missing school?" She asked wanting to change the subject to something that may not lead to her having to really lie?

Jeffery indeed gave Candy a look as she spoke.
"You know you are supposed to keep the chatter to a minimum.."He scolded playfully once she was done.
"Oh so I try and tell you how to reduce sodium, bad fats, and sugars and I don't get even a thought, but, let's get the pasta now" He smirked.
"So what you think they are prepping for a storm or something? and that her father gave them the heads up?" He asked Candy once Kara left.
"Just a nod or a shake"

Brinker put the plates in her cart. She rubbed a hand under her chin, watching Noel as she got in her purse for two letter size sealed envelopes. "Don't you mean Pat and Lenard have you two here restocking? Should I be concerned about something? Should I call Charlie and have him postpone his daughter's birthday party this afternoon?" She handed Noel the two envelopes by sliding both between hand and toilet paper package. "Really... Why did I insist you both have the week off even after you were discharged. For recovery, of course."

Candy shrugged her shoulders and made the universal sign for I don't know "Just a feeling." She sighed raspily. And because she knew the Zorels. Of course, she thought all meteorologists except James Spann in Alabama had a screw loose. If asked, she'd say storm chasers were missing said screws... Well, except Pecos Hank because he cared about the critters and was from Texas. Texans were big on everything in her opinion... Including intelligence. Although Jeffrey was making a case for Canadians which was evident by her sly smile his way when she nodded about getting the pastas. She grabbed four pounds and put them in the shopping cart.

Noel started to panic a little, a little girls party could be at stake, what of the storm hit and someone crashed with a kid heading to the party?
"Oh I umm, well th-thank you and umm y-yeah I, It sh-should b-be f-fine" Noel stuttered gripping the paper towels and toilet paper tightly.

"Well We are going to the Zorels soon I am sure we will find out when we get there what the story is anyway" He smiled pushing the cart.
"Now how about we add some veggies to the food, perhaps some protein?" he suggested, though would get what she wanted.

Last edited:
Brinker nodded and then said soothing. "As a friend, Noel, and not your therapist, calm down. Deep breaths. I know it's hard for you in a social setting, but this could happen a lot. Go ahead and catch up with Kara. I think I saw a certain pop star roaming the aisles with your brother. I don't think they'd be ok with you so nervous. I'll see you next week." She gave a friendly smile and wave before pushing her cart around the corner.

Candy nodded. Good enough for her. She could wait a few hours before letting Jeffrey ask Lenard what was up. She also nodded about the vegetables, getting a brainstorm by the look in her eyes as she pulled the cart from the front to the produce.

With both meetings done and over, Kara would be grabbing a couple cans of Campbell's Chunky clam chowder and Pat would be at the canned fruits and vegetables. "Get your favorite easy fix canned meals from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, if you like them. Otherwise two large cans, the family size of the Chunky soup like Kara's doing." She instructed.

Noel did just that taking a few deep breaths, in through her nose and out through her mouth. Though she stopped when she had heard Jeff and Candy were here as well, someone else she had to possibly lie to, or avoid.
"Oh... yay.." She said trying to sound genuine. But waved to her before taking a few more deep breaths and leaving for the canned food Isle to meet the others.

Noel nodded, getting the two cans of soup with Kara. "We never had canned foods at my house, my family preferred to eat fresh, or frozen, though I don't remember any storms being bad enough to keep us in the house for days" She stated.

Kara nodded grabbing a chicken quesadilla and putting one clam chowder back. "It's been a hot minute. In fact, I think it's been a full generation. I'd have to ask Dad." Or... She could just Google it. "Well, these are my two. Pick the soups you like, but from the Chunky." She went to the cart and put her two in.

Noel get an extra clam chowder with a smile.
"Oh that is crazy, the thing is, I think Lendard said a foot of snow, and in Canada, we have had that and it didn't shut things down, well it did shut schools down. But like most things like the roads were mostly still open the next day." She explained.
Noel put her soups in the cart.

Kara leaned on the cart until her mom popped her one and pointed a finger at her. Kara then was in step with Noel. "Yeah, see... That's the thing. Seattle is known more for rain. We could have a pretty cold rain fall, but as long as it doesn't freeze on contact... Seattleites do quite nicely, thank you very much." She sighed. "Unfortunately.... That predicted amount is like the grand total of snowfall in a whole year. Actually... I think it's over a yearly total. Anyhoo... We aren't used to that much snow at once."

"Oh! I wasn't trying to complain or anything, I am just saying how it's funny how different places are only prepared for so much like I am sure places like on the equator that never get snow if they got half of that it would shut them down as well." Noel tried to backpedal.

Kara shook her head. "I didn't think you were. This is just your first winter here. It won't take much snow to shut Seattle down because we don't see the snow fall like other places." They had made it to the checkout line. Kara made a motion to zip it for now, and pointed outside, saying they'd continue this in the car. She helped unload and made a face as she saw Pat had gotten a meat lovers Ragu. "Ugh. Mom. Dad's not even crazy about this one."

Pat sighed. "Run it back and get another Garden Vegetable. Hurry. Take Noel with you so she can see the international aisle and let her get something non-perishable from the Asian section in there."

Noel nodded and went with her, a little disappointed at them returning the meat lovers but was excited to pick something from the Asian second, she ended up pointing to a family-size pack of ramen soup kit.

(yeah, that would be. Reg packs would be with the dry pastas)

Kara nodded and sighed as it would be on a higher shelf. Despite her size, even she couldn't reach it. She handed the glass jar to Noel and climbed up on the bottom shelf, swatted the package to where she could get a hold of it, and stepped down, getting the package. "Here, let's switch. I'll take the Ragu back." On her way by, she grabbed a bottle of sriracha hot sauce. 'I love this in my ramen." She smirked shaking it.

Kara shook her head. "If we lose power we'll be eating a lot of canned stuff." She explained as they made their way back to Pat quickly and added the three items to the conveyor belt at the checkout.

Out at the car, as they all got inside it, Kara finished her explanation. "Dad has a generator, but will be using the power it provides sparingly. It's not for sure if the powergrid can handle the pressure that will be put on it by people and snowfall. As long as it does... It'll be life as normal except for being snowed in."

They'll get into the home's driveway just as the following is broadcast over the radio: "The weather service has issued the following weather statement for the greater Seattle area. A strong arctic cold front will be coming in Sunday afternoon, bringing with it high winds and periods of heavy snow. Residents are advised to prepare now for the possibility of widespread power outages. Go into your winter storm precautions now. A winter storm watch has been issued for the Seattle-Tacoma area until five a.m. Monday morning."

Noel nodded, having presumed as much, though was still a little confused as lots of the canned food they got was meant to be heated. Though she didn't say anything as they were in a hurry.

As they got inside the car Noel once again sat happily by Kara as she listened to more explanation. She nodded along it making a little more sense, they would likely use that extra power to cook, or perhaps they had a gas stove? she didn't remember that was also a possibility.
"Right that makes sense, how long will the generator last?" Noel asked not sure how long the power outage might last.

As they pulled into the driveway Noel would be snuggled up to Kara as they had been driving, though she sat up as she heard the announcement.
"Wait, that is only one day, with all that excitement I was thinking it would last like a week or something?" She paused.
"Wait unless it just takes a long time for all that snow to get cleaned up? and we will be snowed in for longer than that?" She asked after the radio stopped and Pat turned the car off.

Pat turned around, "Never question the all knowing weather Yoda." She said with a wry smile. "Now you understand why he told us to just restock and not to stock up. That was the difference. Yes. If we lose power we could be without for up to 72 hours before the lights come back on. Now as to your other question. I don't know what Kara is thinking; she knows the average yearly snowfall is five inches. This thing is predicted to dump a foot. That's twelve inches. You do the math, Noel, we're expecting more than two YEARS of snowfall in 24 hours. Let's get the stuff in, and put away, then you two get a few hours of rest and start dinner. Make enough for the extra mouth."

Kara shook her head. "Mouths. Candy Pop is under doctor's orders to eat more nutritionally. Well, uh... Actually, Jeffrey is under orders to make her eat more nutritionally... So in order to follow her doctor's orders... She's going to be spending the weekend as well."

Pat sighed. "Girls. I'll get the groceries and tell Lenard. You two go take a two hour power nap. That's an order from Dr. Mom. Excused."

Kara got out of the car and held the door open for Noel.

(Start the scene, please, with maybe in the kitchen a few hours later?)

Noel nodded and then was quite shocked at the comparative snow, it was nearly two and a half years' worth of snow in a day. She made several mental notes on what they were to do.

Once ordered to take a nao, and once Noel got out of the car with Kara's ladylike assistance, she took her hand and they both hurried to Kara's room under orders of Doctor mom.

Once they got there Noel couldn't help but take advantage of their moment alone and kissed Kara on the bed deeply for several minutes before being out of breath and tired enough for a nap. Though she still had energy enough to cuddle and set her alarm for their prescripted wake-up time.

Once that time had come she sat up and then made sure Kara was getting up with her before bringing Kara down the stairs to the Kitchen.
"Hey, can we help with anything?" Noel asked as they arrived holding Kara's hand still.

Back
Top Bottom