Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara sighed and shook her head, kind of having a slight smile on her face.

"So... Whaddya think? Both Toy Story AND It's a Wonderful Life, when they come to the theatre? I mean that probably won't be until after Thanksgiving, but it's something to shoot for, right?" Kara asked with a smile as she hugged Noel close to her, or as close as they could in their backseat seatbelts.

Noel smiled at the hug, happily returning it.
"Hehe, I meant for tonight, but yeah when those sounds wonderful when the time comes" She gave a kiss on the cheek.

Kara returned the chaste kiss, and they remained like that the rest of the trip home. "Since you didn't get a dessert... Who knew that pie was fake and a prop at the restaurant? There's two flavors of Klondike bars in the freezer; original and Reese's. Don't touch your dad's mint ones. Kara, you never told me if you wanted to try the Neapolitan... So, Noel, do you? I'll get it the next store run."

Kara looked at Noel. "A little ice cream, or pie or something sweet won't hurt you, despite what you've been told before. Some are actually good for you in moderation, like dark chocolate candies. They have antioxidants. Not a whole lot, and not even proteins, fruit and vegetables should be overdone. It's ok to have a sweet snack once in a while." She then got out of the car once it was stopped, raced around to Noel's side and opened her door and held out a hand.

"Bonnie had her first sweets with her and us." Pat said. "That girl's parents had put the fear of diabetes in her that if she ever tasted anything sweeter than those granola bars... She'd get diabetes. That's why SHE didn't want to move with them. Scare tactics, Noel. It's not going to ruin your perfect diet or screw up your training to indulge once in a while, but as Kara just said... We do practice moderation on sweets. After what you went through and did... You DESERVE a Klondike bar. You've already had supper anyway."

Noel paused as they spoke seeming to be thinking about what she had said as they stop and Kara got out. With a smile, she waited as she ran around to get the door for her.
"hehe, thanks, but you need to let me do that stuff for you sometimes as well." She stated as she took her hand and got out of the car.

"Oh, umm yeah that makes sense, but I umm already haven't exercised for the last few days, I don't want to become too complacent. I mean I may not have been able to protect us today if I wasn't in shape right?" She asked seeming a little unsure.

Kara bit her tongue. That was something she had meant to talk to Noel about what with the wincing and hissing she had noticed, such as it was. "I guess." She finally managed with a sidelong glance to her mom headed to unlock the front door. "Yet at the same time... I mean." She then sighed and shrugged. If Noel didn't want a treat, she wasn't going to push it.

Noel smiled, not seeming to catch onto Kara's concerns.
"Oh good, perhaps next time I can try some?" She offered reaching her hand out for Noel to take.

Kara nodded, taking the offered hand. "We don't have the Neapolitan, because I'm not crazy about chocolate on chocolate. Even if it's only a third of the bar." She held up a forefinger and led her to the freezer real quick and opened the door.

There were four versions of the Klondike bar. "So the original and the Reese's, that's for all of us. The Heath Klondikes... Those are Mom's. Touch them and you get mommed. The mint chocolate are dad's. Touch under penalty of two hours straight of bad punny dad jokes."

"Now who's scaring, Kara?" Pat scolded, before saying, "Ask me first if you want a Heath Klondike, Noel..." She then stopped with a wide eyed look. "She actually may have a point, though, on Lenard punning you silly for taking a mint. I'm not sure I'VE heard the end of it from last month. And I'm the wife! It's in my wifely contract to filch from him." She gave a teasing wink with a grin. "So if he dad jokes me... You better believe he'll say something to you two."

Lenard had arrived home just behind them by five minutes. "Kara. Since you're standing there letting all the cold air out of the freezer... Can you or Noel toss me one of my mint Klondikes? Also... Noel. I got a surprise for you down in the basement. Pat take them down there. I got an arctic front that's going to draw my attention, probably all weekend."

Lenard had made Noel an exercise gym, complete with miniature track (which circled the perimeter of the basement) and exercise bikes , mats and weights. He had to be working on it all week. There was even a small sparring ring and a corner with a couple of lockers, and a few punching bags hanging. A big one and a small round one.

Noel nodded to Kara as she explained about her lack of love for Neopolitan.
"Yeah, I get it, too much of a good thing, that plus I am not the biggest fan of chocolate in general"

"Of course I'll ask, Thank you Pat for the offer." Noel managed to respond just before he had walked in, nodding to him and tossing him a mint bar, which he would easily catch.
"They must be good considering the pun-ishment that you get if you take one" Noel joked with a giggle to herself afterward.

"A surprise in the basement? come on Kara let's go look" Noel asked wanting to hold Kara's hand as they made their way down, though would not force her to come if she had declined.

"Oh wow this is amazing, you didn't have to do this! Oh, Kara a sparing corner and mats! we can train you here, heh I hope these mats work well because you will be falling on that touchy a lot" She smiled as she examined the weights, looking at the sizes she had, it wasn't all the equipment and items a gym would have, or what her old home had, but it was far more then she had expected.

"This is great thank you so much!" Noel called out to them.

Lenard just saluted with his newly acquired Klondike bar. Kara gulped as she went down the twelve steep steps (instead of about a foot, each step was six inches wide), holding onto the banisters on each side.

Pat whistled softly. Apparently, she had been kept in the dark about the gym as well.

Kara was smiles now. "Wow. When did dad do all this?" She looked around, pleasantly amazed. The only problem she had was the start finish line on the track was right at the corner. The track ran along the walls all the way around the basement 72 feet long by 35 feet wide for a total of 214 feet per lap. "Man. We'd have to run 25 laps in order to get a mile!" She bemoaned. "I'd rather run outside when the weather cooperates!"

Pat sighed. "Well, right now, it's not the weather that isn't cooperating. It's circumstances." She looked at Noel. "This was all Lenard's doing. I didn't know anything about this."

Noel was simply in awe at first looking at all the equipment as the others spoke, talking mostly about the track around the room.
"It's okay Kara we can maybe still do the main run out there and use the one in here as our warm-up and cool-down run. This is too much you really didn't have to do all this Lenard, it's amazing" Noel started to tear up.

"This probably cost way too much money, but I'll make sure that Kara gets good use out of it as well, and whip her into tip-top shape" She smiled whipping the tears from her face.

Upstairs, as they looked in on him, Lenard pshawed with a wave from his desk in the home office. The same room Kara and Noel had used to watch TV. "Except for the track and one of the exercise bikes... All of that was used and sitting around collecting dust. It wasn't as much as you may think. As long as you two USE it, that's all the thanks I need." He then looked up. "Please excuse me now. Extremely important meteorological work to do. I have to calculate if this nasty arctic front is on a collision course for Seattle... And if so, how bad is it going to be. The TV room is off limits, so if you want a TV series... Get it now."

Kara knew she had plenty of movies and series. "Unless, Noel wants something, I'm good."

(If there's a series you want to roleplay watch, go back several pages to when they alphabetized his shows and add it in your next post)

Noel shook her head.
"I am good, maybe we can just go get ready for bed and just relax, chat, play a board game or something?" she asked holding Kara's hand in hers.

"Right. We were going to play Yahtzee." Pat said snapping her fingers. "Between Lenard bringing his work home, and the basement gym... I forgot."

Kara looked at the clock as she felt Noel's hand and instinctively wrapped her fingers around it. "Get ready for bed? At six in the evening?"

Pat could be heard from the living room closet. "Actually, that's not a bad idea. With Lenard working on some incoming front, you two have kitchen duties for our Slovak dinner. I cooked last week with Noel's help. Or maybe that should be she did most the cooking and I helped, by making the cabbage soup."

"Man... I don't have any idea what to make!" Kara groaned. "I'm really beginning to hate Seattle's wonky weather!"

"My plan is on the fridge! Just make what I was going to! Now quiet, please! Nearly four million lives are in the balance!" Lenard barked. Mostly at Kara and her big mouth. Quieter he bemoaned the fact he couldn't join them for Yahtzee. He loved Yahtzee. He had no idea he would have plenty of time later.

Noel looked and listened as they all talked to one another, but spoke up after a few moments after Lenard had spoken up, but was sure to speak lightly.
"So does that mean me and Kara are cooking together?"

Pat nodded. "Tomorrow. For our traditional dinner. Let's get away from Lenard's workstation now." She said quietly. "And go upstairs and get ready for bed. Then come back down for Yahtzee."

Kara would lead Noel upstairs as Pat whispered an apology to Lenard pouring over maps and the computer, studying different models, and closed his door so he wouldn't be disturbed farther.

Noel nodded and happily followed Kara up the stairs to change.
"Your dad really seemed worried about this storm, do you think it's going to be bad?" She asked.

Kara nodded. "Almost every arctic front that's coming south out of Alaska." She then explained how maybe one in five arctic blasts turn out to be any kind of threat and maybe one out of every five of those forces him to push for a winter storm advisory or even a warning. "So, basically there's a one in twenty-five chance this is going to be a any kind of threat at all, but he has to treat every single one like they're that one in twenty-five storms. The odds are pretty good that we'll start his dinner, but he'll finish it because the front was of no concern. But, to eat on time... We will have to start the meal at least."

Kara gave her a smile and nod, as she put on an X-Men themed nightgown that resembled the uniform from the 90s cartoon. She didn't know if Noel changed PJs every three days, but left two out, including a plain regular pair of plaid top and bottom sleepwear (besides the one she had worn last night). "You know... The way you've been moving and hissing... I almost wonder if you didn't sustain damage yourself after all, because of those bullies."

Almost as if on cue as Kara said that Noel had removed her shirt to change into the plaid sleepwear that she had been provided by Kara, though Kara would spot a bleeding cut on her rubs right under where her cut shirt was at about chest height with a trickle of blood that had gone down to her waistband.
"hmm? I have been a little sore" She mentioned not seeming to of noticed it herself yet.

Kara started going, "OMG! OMG!OMG!" And looked ready to have a panic attack as she ran out of the room, still saying those three letters. "Medikit..m medikit... Errgg, mom! Where's our medikit!?!"

Pat was upstairs in a flash and saw her panicky daughter and went to check on Noel.. When she saw the wound, she tutted. "Honestly, Kara! What would you do in a REAL emergency?! Panic yourself into a heart attack? Slow down and just bring me some cotton balls and hydrogen peroxide. I doubt this even needs wrapped." She then profusely apologized for Kara having kittens all over Noel. "I think that might be another task for you... Because I swear, I'm this close to having her in counseling, too, because everything is an emergency to her."

When Kara shakily brought it, Pat sat the items near Noel. "Will you be able to treat yourself, or do you need help?"

As Kara started to scream out Noel jumped, having turned her back to her and not knowing what she was screaming about.
"Ahh! W-What!?" She looked around, grabbing a shirt to cover her chest as she did. She saw Kara run out and simply stood there in confusion still having no idea why Kara had freaked out. Though soon she had heard her calling for a medkit, and for a brief moment she thought Kara was hurt, then she looked down at herself and noticed the cut.

Noel had just noticed as Pat entered, still using the shirt to cover her chest she made sure Pat could see the cut and reason for Kara's panic.
"Oh it's fine, she was just worried, it's sweet really, besides the fact my heart almost jumped out of my chest, if anything she made me feel less nervous about it as I expected something much worse" Noel stated as Pat apologized, trying to defend Kara.

"I can do it, do you want me to show Kara? or does she know?" Noel asked taking the medical supplies with one hand as she kept covered with the other.
"Come here Kara it's okay, it's only a little cut, slow breaths okay?" she told her trying to help calm her.

Pat shook her head. "I don't know, Noel. Like I said, everything is an emergency to her. Every little bump or scrape. Especially if it's on someone she cares about." That right there would tell Noel exactly where she stood with Kara even if the affection had been slow in being shown fully. "If you waited for Kara to calm down, you'll be here most the night. Go ahead and treat it, get your pajama top on and buttoned and come down to the small table, and I'll have the game set up. Come along, Kara, you can help."

Satisfied the teen drama version of Emergency! was over, Pat went back downstairs.

Back
Top Bottom