Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel paused a little, thinking she may have misspoke based on the reactions but decided to keep quiet after that until they reached the table.

Noel was a little surprised that Pat sat next to her instead of her daughter, or that Kara hadn't sat beside her, hoping that she would have been able to hold her hand under the table as they waited for food.
"Oh I'll just have a water thanks" She responded, pulling the menu up and looking at it after.

Pat noticed some things with how Noel was reacting. "Relax. Most couples sit across from each other, not next to each other, when dining out. You needed a wing more than my daughter. She's had dinner dates before." She whispered over to Noel.

Noel was surprised at how intuitive Pat was, though she didn't realize she was an easy read the words served as comfort for her.
"Thanks" She whispered back, looking across at Kara with a smile.
"So what do you think you are going to get? I was thinking about the burger, it's not too expensive and seems tasty, but I also feel it might not be fancy enough, I don't know.." Noel asked trying to make conversation though was starting to get clearly a little nervous as the whole 'First date' thing started to set in.

Kara gave a slight scoff. "I've been saving up for this. Get what you want... Although, now that I see it... The burger is pretty enticing. Maybe we can have dessert, too. Have you seen the pies?"

Noel smiled, at kara, not sure why but just listening to her warmed her heart at that moment. "Heh, I won't even think about looking at deserts till I am done with the main course, is there any non-desserts that you were eyeing up little miss sweet tooth?" She asked trying to be a little sassy liked she had noticed others being from time to time.

(The Beef Brisket Sliders is the hamburger, and looking at the actual menu...mmm, wow!)

Kara looked at Noel with a smirk. "Are you looking at the same menu as me? What doesn't?"

Screenshot_20210107-140151.png Screenshot_20210107-140224.png Screenshot_20210107-140241.png Screenshot_20210107-140304.png

The bottom two cheeses were Puenta Del Esca a sheep cheese from Spain, and Pierre Robert a cow cheese from France. The Zorels' coffee and tea would be "house cocktails" which were only $1 each. Noel would show to be the most sensible one, going with water, seeing as there were no free refills.

Noel smiled looking back down at the menu "Oh wow, there certainly is, though I think I might stick with the sliders." She smiled, also ready to the tell waitress or waiter they had.

Kara smiled with a head shake as the lady returned with their drinks. "Are you ready to order?"

"Golden Beet Salad for me. Oh, and my check is separate from the girls'." Pat said calmly.

"I think I'll have the brisket sliders and the Fontina Mac and Cheese, which we'll probably split." Kara said, indicating Noel as the one to split the Mac and Cheese with her.

The waitress turned to Noel for her order.

With the orders taken, the waitress was off to the kitchen and the Zorel women took a sip of their beverages.

"Which movie did you girls pick?" Pat asked, breaking the silence. "Tell me about it."

Kara pulled out the phone and showed the two pictures of the poster, one with Noel, and the first one of just the poster. "So it was set at like the end of the silent film era, when talkies became a thing. This one huge star had this horrid screechy voice, so they had Debbie Reynolds character do all her singing parts... Well... Um... This was fine until Gene Kelly revealed the screechy to be a fake, but almost lost the girl because of it." She glanced at Noel to add bits and pieces about the movie.

Noel listened to Pat and nodded along, It must have been pretty crazy back in the day when it first came out. Do you know if it was a smash hit or kind of a, before it's time film?" Noel asked not sure about the movie's past.

Last edited:
Pat shrugged. "A bit before my time. I wasn't even a twinkle in my mum or dad's eye when that came out. Maybe wikipedia could answer that."

"Just googled. It came out in 1952 and was a modest hit... So no blockbuster then, but definitely a classic, now." Kara answered.

"Oh right, we can just search it on our phones, heh neat, and I guess that makes sense that there were no blockbusters then. So umm, what should we do after this, I mean I assume head home, but should we do a board game or something?" Noel asked trying to contribute to the conversation the best she could.

Kara shook her head. "You misunderstood me. Singin' in the Rain wasn't a blockbuster when it first came out. On the other hand, there was a blockbuster in 1952. The Greatest Show on Earth earned 36 million dollars. It was like everyone and their grandpa went to see it. A board game does sound good. But which, what would you want to play, Noel? I'm pretty sure there isn't a board game mom or dad don't have."

Soon the sliders, mac and cheese and Pat's salad came to the table.

"Doesn't, you said or. And WE don't have Risk, or anything war related except Battleship." She explained, as she glanced to Noel.

Noel looked down a little embarrassed at her mistake. She was about to reply with something as the food came and instead thanked the person who delivered it.

“Oh, umm for the board game I am afraid I didn’t really play them when I was younger so I am not sure what they are like, maybe something simple and short, so it will be easy for me to learn quickly and play.” Noel asked.

Kara smiled as she picked up one of her sliders. "Don't feel bad about it Noel. I didn't think there were blockbusters back then either. But I forgot that it cost far less back then to even make some of those monster epics like The Ten Commandments." She then took a bite, and positioned the Mac and cheese, so Noel could scoop some on her plate.

Pat shook her head. "An easy board game? That pretty much narrows it down to Yahtzee, Scrabble and Checkers. As far as more adult games." She wasn't about to mention the child games of Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders.

Noel nodded.
"Thanks, and yeah it's okay I am not so good at the media history stuff" She admitted taking a spoon of mac and cheese for herself before leaving the rest of Kara.

Noel paused for a moment.
"Yahtzee sounds familiar maybe we can play that one?" She asked before taking a bite of her sliders.

Kara nodded. "Sounds like a plan on the Yahtzee. I could probably teach you some things on the TV and cartoons front, if you want... Cuz I'm seriously thinking of asking you about self defense."

Pat thought it wise to leave that one alone, so said nothing. She nodded with a smile on Yahtzee. "I know that game is in the hall closet. Hopefully, we can also get Lenard to join us."

Noel smiled at Kara request
“That sounds like fun, I would love to teach you some things, I’ll probably start with grapple breaks” Noel stated before looking to Pat to talk about the board game.

“Yeah it would be nice to have the whole f-household play a board game together, my family never did that stuff so it will be a first for me” she smiled.

Pat looked over to Noel. "You can say family if you want, regarding us, because we are a family. The Zorels will show you what a real family does together. Speaking of, don't forget to wear your traditional Slovak dress I made you, tomorrow. Lenard's family tradition for family, fashion and food."

"You forgot the dancing, Mom. But don't know an f to help you out." She had finished her sliders. "Don't you want some more mac and cheese? You could have taken half, Noel. I wouldn't have minded. I wanted to split that with you."

Noel looked over at Pat as she spoke, she let her finished and swallowed the food she had before replying to her.
"Right, a real family... umm thanks, and I won't forget thank you." She nodded before turning to Kara to listen to her.

As she listened Noel had also finished her sliders and shook her head at the offer for more mac and cheese.
"No please you can finish it, I am stuffed, since I haven't really worked out for a while I haven't really burned a lot of calories and feel like I might be building up some fat." She admitted.
"Thank you though we could also save the rest for later if you prefer, perhaps have it boxed up?" she offered as an alternative.

Kara shook her head about boxing it, and finished it instead. She knew better than to try to reheat certain foods. Some mac and cheese were as bad as any potatoes, but especially fries. They just don't reheat well, and Kara didn't want to take a chance with it.

The bill was brought, and the two Zorels paid for their orders (Noel was on Kara's), and they were ready to leave. "We're all headed home, now?" Pat wanted to make sure they were done in downtown.

Noel nodded before looking to Kara.
"I don't think there is anything else left unless there is something you wanted to do?" She asked Kara encase she had some last-second ideas.

Back
Top Bottom