Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara just silently continued what she was doing, because it was all she could do. She was sore tempted to break out in a one woman show, featuring all the songs in order of some past Broadway hit show, but didn't exactly know how the doctors and nurses would feel about that (little alone the other patients) Heck, she had an idea of a montage of number one hits from the fifties strung together in order with the first song being about them (the fifties) from a lot later, sung originally by Ronnie Milsap. No. She'd have to let go of Noel in order to tell a nurse her idea, and it would mean getting those mobile to some common area. She decided to try... " Noel. I have an idea. But it involves letting everyone on the floor able to move... And wants to... To come to a common area, which might be around the waiting area. I wanna try to get everyone Lost in the Fifties. Including you. A... Kind of escape. But for everyone. What could be more cheerful than the greatest hits from the era of "The Birth of Rock and Roll'?"

Noel looked up to her and listened as she explained her idea, she didn’t respond right away, instead she filled some time to think.
“Ummm, well I uhhh...” Noel thought it sounded fun, she loved the oldies and thought it was a good idea for the other patience. However, she also just wanted to sit here and cuddle her supergirl, and in order to execute this she would have to get up and leave her.

The final thought Noel had was of Maria, she was worse off then Noel was and likely needed something, perhaps this could help Noel took a breath and placed her hands gently on Kara’s cheeks.
“Okay, but if the doctors don’t let you then we keep doing this” she told her leaning up and kissing her lightly on the lips.
“Go be a hero supergirl” she smiled gently.

Kara nodded and was out the door. She caught a doctor by the nurse's station and excitedly told her idea. After exchanging glances, one of the nurses who served as a backup singer for her earlier talked quietly with the other three (including the doctor who was really a psychologist for the hospital. "Just this floor?" He seemed to be up to something by his expression.

"That's the plan?" Kara was suspicious.

"I don't see an issue with it, but we'll let you know when we get a room prepared." The head nurse commented, sending Kara back to Noel's room with a perplexed look on her face.

Noel would practically jump out of her bed seeing Kara.
”Oh, that was fast, did they not allow it? Or did you forget something?” Noel asked skirting over to once again make room for Kara on her bed.

As Kara explained it, including the part about "getting a room ready", her puzzlement increased. "If it's such a good idea... Why wait? How many people are on the floor that would want this? Not many of our generation, that's for sure." She sat back on the bed and cuddled Noel.

As if planned, a voice, weak, but recognizable to her fans, answered with a slight scolding tone, "Kara, for shame, I thought I taught you better than that... You were one of my Summer Lollipops for how many years? In case you've forgotten, you'll be surprised how many young people like us, love the old school music." The raspy voice wouldn't be recognized by Noel, but anyone who had preformed with or behind her as a backup/background singer would despite the scratchiness.

Kara looked up at the dual-colored hairdo, seeing the half pink/half blue cotton candy pouf, before looking at Candy Pop's face, pained, as she sat in her wheelchair being pushed by a nurse, holding her own tri-wheeled IV pole. She was in a cloth gown similar to Noel's. Kara couldn't believe her eyes as a mix of happiness and concern met

Noel couldn't help but feel a little relief as Kara sat back down with her, she would have never admitted it, but this is what she selfishly wanted. She knew that it was going to happen eventually, but the more time she had to cuddle Kara the better it was for her.

She was surprised to hear an unfamiliar voice speak to them, whoever it was it seemed to know Kara though she was too old to be a friend from school, perhaps a relative or family friend? Though as she had thought about what she was saying, she taught her? a Lollipop? this all sounded familiar, Kara had told her before how she used to sing with Candy Spice, which she thinks she remembered as a spice girl, though she hadn't heard about her until after meeting Kara she was apparently really famous.

"Kara is that umm, that who I think it is?" she asked hesitantly letting go of her so she could get up if she wanted to.

"Candace Popovich." The singer scratched, nodding to Noel. "Known to my fans and most friends as..."

"Candy Pop!" Kara finished, excited. "I thought you were taking a hiatus to finish getting your college degree?"

The singer nodded. "Part of the Washington State Glee Club. Couldn't avoid it. Even I can cave to peer pressure."

Kara looked at Noel, giving her a sideways hug. "Ms. Candy is 21. Not much older than you, actually." She was watching Candy who started shaking her head.

"2020 has been long and a pain*, but please.... Don't make me legal to booze yet, Kara." She groaned. "Valentine's Day."

(*-Everything MINUS Covid that has happened, happened in this universe)

Noel blushes lightly at the hug, but happily hugged Kara back. She was surprised by her age when Kara told her it was 21, then revealed to be even younger at the moment.
“Oh, the way you spoke of her I assumed she was older, but umm yeah it’s pretty crazy this year huh?” She nodded.

“So what happened? I mean why are you here? Are you sick?” She asked unsure how to word what she actually meant. Noel kept a light hold of Kara, almost as if she was afraid if she let her go she would run away, like an excited puppy.

Candy did a slight eyeroll with a soft chuckle. "Sort of. Tonsillitis. Shouldn't use my voice much, but can't be helped when you get asked a lot of questions by the very ones telling you not to talk much." She cleared her throat. "Appendicitis at pretty much same time. Just got awake from that one." She grimaced, clenching her throat slightly.

The nurse finished for her. "Tonsils come out after she recovers enough, so Candy Pop is going to be our guest for about a week." Then to her patient, "That's all the visiting for now, Ms. Popovich. I take it, you'll want to go to the concert? Save your voice, just nod. Thought so. Wave bye to your friends... We'll let them visit tomorrow."

Candy shrugged and waved to both with a smile as she held her IV pole, and was pushed towards her room.

"I think I just got jelly o' ya." Kara nudged Noel, "I'm so green right now."

Noel listened to Candy as she spoke, internally wincing at the multiple surgeries she had just been through. Noel started to understand a little more with who she was now, though still didn't fully grasp her and Kara's relationship.

Noel smiled back to Candy and returned her wave as she left. She turned and listened to Kara as she nudged her. Though Noel had no idea what she was saying, was this some sort of slang she wasn't aware of? she got 'Jelly o’ ya'? and was green? To Noel, she may as well have been speaking a new language.
"heh, what?" She tilted her head. At that moment a doctor knocked on the door as he entered the room, Noel instinctively covering herself a little more with the bed's sheets.

"Sorry Ladies, but visiting time is about up, you have about ten minutes then we need you gone until tomorrow, Noel also needs her rest, so sooner is better than later, I also need to ask Noel some questions and check up on some things, Ten Minutes" He repeated, waiting just a moment to see if she would just leave then, if not he would walk out and return in ten minutes after checking up on some other patience.

"Oh, I was hoping they would let you stay" Noel sounded almost like a whimper.

Last edited:
Kara giggled. "Y'know. Jelly. 'Cause you have a famous pop star as a neighbor just down the hall... Green 'cause you'd actually get to visit her before and after we outsiders have to leave. For example, you could actually ask to eat breakfast with her in the morning. Outside visitors can't visit with patients until AFTER breakfast is over!"

She then frowned as she was reminded of the time. She sighed with a nod and got up to go. "See ya tomorrow." She gave one last hug.

A guard came to the door, only to check on Maria, who was under constant sedation and observation by the doctors right now. There was talk of putting her in the psych ward and diagnosing her with PTSD. Noel had fared so much better emotionally than Maria had.

Noel gave a nod to Kara
“Like jealous? Sorry I never was good at slang stuff I-“ She had started to respond when the doctor came in, and Kara had left, allowing the doctor to come in and update Noel immediately. Noel returned their final hug giving her and extra squeeze
“See you tommarrow”

Noel looked at Maria as the doctor prepared readied her checkup. She had been their before PTSD, they sent her off to the asylum as well, she ended up staying their for two years and she hated it, she didn’t want that for Maria. She wanted to help.

The doctor told her that they needed to check up on her Heath and check for STD’s, he also delivered prescribed some medicine she should take that she recognized from from before.
“No I don’t need that stuff, I’m fine!” She told him seeming quite nervous or even afraid.
“There is no reason to worry, it’s simply a precautionary measure, during your last breakdown their was a delay before your break, it took a little bit before it hit you, we are just trying to avoid a repeat. We contacted your psychologist from before and got the medication best suited for you, trust us we know what we are doing.” He told her staying calm as he spoke.

Noel wanted to argue, wanted to scream at him that she didn’t want it, but then she looked at Maria, she had to be calm she had to stay relaxed if she was going to avoid being locked up again, and if she was going to help Maria. So she just nodded.
“Okay” The doctors must know what they are doing right? They are professionals. She told herself.

After everything was done with her she decided to move over to Maria’s bed and speak to her, telling her she is safe now, and no one would hurt her, that she was here for her. She was telling her things she felt might of helped her when she was in the same situation.

Maria's eyes were closed and she seemed to be sleeping. One tended to do a lot of that when under sedation. Noel probably wouldn't know until the honey blonde actually woke up if anything got through to the scared teen in the other bed. As it stood, there could only be hope.

The words were being heard right now, in a sense. It would just be after the meds wore off to see if something registered on having someone right there. Sadly, only her college aged sister had even bothered to come visit, or even sit with her for a while.

Noel had ended up falling asleep beside her bed but was moved in her sleep by the hospital staff back to her own bed. She had been talking softly to Maria, knowing her sedation would keep her under, but the familiar voice may help her wake easier.

The next day the doctors had prepped everything for when Noel would take up, giving her the requested medical treatment to try and prevent her from breaking. She didn't seem to be in denial before which was a good sign, and she seemed in high spirits, at least when Kara was around. Some of the nurses wondered if it was really necessary to give Noel the pills, she seemed to be doing fine without them, but the doctor insisted that the last time she was in the hospital after a traumatic experience it happened the same way, first 24 hours she seemed fine, then she snapped.

--End of Day-- (For my posts, feel free to continue with what Kara does when they return home)

"I've been here both days! You chased me out, yesterday, because she was screaming and incoherent! I'm not our parents, and my sorority housekeeper has already called up here to say she could stay there! At first that was fine! What changed?! I want to take care of my sister!" Maria's older sister was at the front nurse's station raising a serious stink in not being able to get her younger sister discharged. She frowned at the possibility of Maria going up on six, the psych ward.

The Zorels avoided that issue and went to see Noel. It was eight o'clock. One of the nurses stopped them, telling Kara that if she was still willing... The concert could happen in a few hours. "I thought Noel was being discharged right after breakfast... Don't tell me we're gonna be in the same pickle as Maria's sister..."

Kara had learned from experience, painful experience, to always expect the worse.

The nurse looked at her clipboard and her expression changed before she gestured for the Zorel's to follow and started to lead them to Noel's room.
"I hate to tell you, there was a little incident this morning, Noel is sedated and strapped into her bed right now. I wasn't here when it happened but according to the logs she injured two orderlies before she was sedated, we think she was having some sort of night terror." She explained as they walked toward Noel's room, she opened the door to show the still sleeping Noel.
"We have her on some things that should keep her calm and prevent her from dreaming, but these are apparently the same signs we were told to look out for from last time she was in a hospital, just before she was admitted." She explained. The nurse's voice was clearly sympathetic as she spoke.
"Now we haven't decided to force her into going up on six, the psych ward, but they are discussing it," she told them, allowing them into the room.

Kara made a face and sighed as she looked in on Noel. From the way she was acting up to Kara going home... Another frown. Something didn't make sense, but she couldn't figure it out.

About this time Dr. Allison Brinker showed up, with Christine not far behind. Brinker had checked into Noel's old doctor, and although everything was impeccable, certain things kept coming up, mostly in the medicines. The go to med always seemed to be the dream inhibitor.

Showing her credentials, and that she actually doctored in psychology, she commented, "A lot of doctors in my field have learned that inhibiting dreams can actually do more harm than good. I don't think that stubborn man has ever tried the crazy forward thinking notion of just sedation. Look at the difference between these two patients. Maria was NOT on the dream inhibitor and all you had to do was keep her sedated. We are still learning about PTSD caused by trauma such as what they've gone through. Why was she fine prior to the med her old psychiatrist... Who not once really spent time with her while she was comatose... Prescribing it? Or even before one of your other doctors prescribing it? I met with Maria's doctor who didn't prescribe, and push, these meds or the dream inhibitor on her. The difference appears to be night and day. Try something radical. Not making the patient take a medicine they don't want to take. Noel knows her system better than we do.

And that is the problem I saw repeatedly with Dr. Wallace. He overrode his own patients' objections to meds he prescribed, as if he knew their bodies better than they. I want to speak to Noel as soon as she wakes up."

Kara was of a mind to tell Dr. Brinker to take a number, but she just nodded to the nurse. Brinker just made way too much sense, considering how in just a few hours... Maria was doing a little better than Noel. Something was rotten in Denmark, or at least with the prescribed medication.

The nurse paused at the lecture, waiting for her to finish before replying.
"Well if you like, we could remove the inhibitor bag, it works with the IV drip, after that, it might be another hour or so till the sedation wears off, you can sit with her or in the waiting room and we can let you know when she wakes." She replied a little overwhelmed by their lecture.
"And in the end, we won't force anyone to take medicine here, we strongly suggest they take them but won't force it down their throats" She defended, she was a younger nurse, clearly a little green.

In the room, Noel would still be laying, strapped into the bed by her hands and feet.

This seemed sufficient to Dr. Brinker and she gave a little nod. "I'll stay with her... Let me see the report from last night, early this morning." Clipboard in hand, she went in and misunderstood what an orderly was doing. "Uht-uh! No! Just loosen. They stay on for now. I'll explain the situation IF Noel doesn't understand."

Since she was dressed for work with her street clothes, white coat, name plate on her left breast and badge on her right, with her police hat on her head, the poor orderly about shat himself. "I was just checking them, ma'am! Honest!"

Brinker sighed. "Good man. Secure yet comfortable?" A nod. "Good enough." She then sat up where Noel could see her when she did wake up. She began reading the report and shaking her head. The way this sounded, if they wouldn't have let Kara stay... One of the parents should have been allowed. She was going to recommend two things now.

With Christine there and in uniform (a rarity for a plainclothes detective), the security guard stopped her forward momentum to touch base with the Zorels, and asked her if she could be on standby. He pointed to the very room she knew was Noel's. She looked at him as if he had two heads. "Noel, too? What the hell happened?" When it was explained to her, she sighed and nodded. "Jeez. No wonder Allison went off. Yeah, I'll stick around. A friendly face may help soothe frazzled nerves, even if it doesn't happen." The guard nodded with a smile and pat on her back. He also hoped neither were headed up to six.

As they had waited, an older nurse approached Dr. Brinker as she waited by Noel’s bed. This one was clearly much more experienced.
“So doctor, Brinker? Was it? I heard that you wanted to share some opinions on this patience's mental health? Usually, we would ignore advice from outside sources but given your credentials, and the other doctor rubbed me the wrong way if you know what I mean, I am here to hear you out”

As she spoke she had seemed to go around and fiddle with one of the IV bags, stopping the flow while Noel remained fast asleep.
“The inhibitor, it will take a while to wear off, she may even wake first” the nurse stated before standing ready to listen to Dr.Brinker’s explanation.

Meanwhile...
Christine would see a man walking in, he was young-looking, the maybe early to mid-'20s, blond hair, and brown eyes, he was quite large, looked near bodybuilder form, though not quite as swollen, and standing at around 6'5. His large mass initially caught her eye but was soon dismissed until she overheard him at the front counter.
"Hey, I am here to see a Noella Sterling, which room is she in?" He asked before being directed to where she was.
"Thanks" He nodded before starting to walk toward her room.

Last edited:
Brinker looked up from the reports. She was also going over the progress reports from Maria's case, since she also was a victim. She smiled slightly, stood mostly and offered her hand. "I remember you. You're the head nurse for the floor, are you not? As a matter of fact, yes, although I was also hoping to talk to Maria's doctor again at the same time." She had highlighted key times in her copies of the reports. I've noticed something that should be of key interest to you, that I highlighted on my copies of the reports, if you would pull up a chair?" She then pointed how not one incident happened with Noel, and in fact, how just the support of the Zorel family was keeping her calm. She even pointed out, that despite only having her older sister sitting with her, despite early incidents of waking up screaming, that sedation only was working for Maria. "Almost like they were feeding off each other... Or rather Maria was feeding off the calming effects Noel and her guests... Which, granted were myself and Detective Andersen as well..." She shook her head, getting back on the track. "Whatever sedation drip this is... I recognize it, just don't ask me to pronounce it even with my doctorate... It was working.

Now here. Marked decrease of incidents even with the start of weaning Maria off the stronger sedation. Noel had stayed calm except for seeing me in the morning. Even your nurses called it a "simple panic attack" although technically, no such thing."

After flipping the page, she pointed to their own report prior to the actual incident. "Now, here's where things get hairy, and started going south for our 'good' patient, Noel, as Maria continued to improve. Noel didn't want to take THIS medicine, which is the one Dr. Wallace constantly pushed on her, yet she still had problems... Even while on it. That should have sent up red flags with her psychiatrist here. To me it's clear. Not only didn't Wallace actually LISTEN to what Noel was telling him, her doctor here did the same thing when she said she didn't want to take that one. She knew what it would possibly do. I'm willing to stake my reputation on that. That's why I wanted to talk to her before Kara, upon her waking up. Your own reports, on both girls and how one improved without the dream inhibitor and a different medication than the one prescribed to Maria may have actually worsened the symptoms for Noel, who... Again via report..." She pointed to the highlighted part specifically, "Took it just to not cause trouble."

Brinker took a deep breath. "My first recommendation is this doctor, who's monitoring Maria into actual improvement, also take Noel's case if he isn't already overwhelmed. He seemed to actually be paying attention to the minor details. My second recommendation is to have Kara be able to stay with Noel overnight for a few nights, anyway... And if she can't because she's not 18, then one of the parents... Either Patricia or Lenard. Preference being Patricia, of course."

Christine came forward, stopping the young man. "Who might you be and what's your interest in Noel?" She pointed to her badge and nameplate, which read "Det. C. Andersen", but was using her non threatening, conversation voice.

The Nurse stayed and let her finish, taking notes as she spoke.
"Well you certainly have put a lot of thought into this, one moment," she told her holding up a finger and walking into the hall and picking up a phone that was on the wall, a moment later started to speak on it with someone. It didn't take too long before she walked back into the room.
"Okay, so we have re-assigned Maria's Doctor to also work on Noel and gave Noel's doctor another patient, which wasn't a big issue since they have similar problems and are in the same room. Second, we will allow the mother, Patricia, to stay overnight, you are right to think Kara being under 18 is an issue, which is why she cannot stay overnight. The fact of if Noel goes to six is based upon her behavior in the next twenty-four hours, I hope you are correct, it's always a shame sending girls this young up there." The Nurse paused and looked at her notes.

"As far as the medication and treatments, that will have to be up to her new doctor. We hope we can release both these girls tomorrow if there are no further incidents" The nurse seemed not to be bothered by all this more then she was concerned, though clearly she had developed a detachment from the patience, a side effect of the job no doubt, she did seem to genuinely want the best for them.
"Now they will remain under the care of the nurse you spoke to earlier if you have any more concerns or questions feel free to pass them along and we will do the best we can to help these patients recover the best they can. Keep in mind, we specialize in physical health, and the larger issue here is mental health, so six may be needed if there isn't an improvement." She stated again to be clear before heading off.

-------

"Huh? oh man, What did she do? I am her brother is she in some sort of trouble? uh, my name is Jeffery Sterling, here" he reached into his back pocket and showed her his license, which photo and name proved his claim.
"Listen she was released from a psych ward not long ago and disappeared, she isn't a criminal, she just is not well" He stated, seemingly immediately trying to defend her before getting an answer.

Dr. Brinker gave a sigh of relief and nodded. Again, she felt she'd done all she could do to help Noel although she wasn't her client. She sat back down to await Noel waking up, so she could verify the gut feeling regarding the meds and if they weren't the cause (along with no emotional support) of the relapse. She watched Noel sleeping with a ready soft smile when Noel finally did wake up.

Christine relaxed; but not fully. She looked at the license and handed it back. "I am aware of previous issues. You can rest assured she is not in legal trouble. Unfortunately, she is in a bit of a sticky wicket. She is both victim and witness to a heinous crime... The kind that always end up on SVU. Without going into further detail, she and the other victim are in the same room. Currently, the police psychologist is in there waiting for her to wake up. She's got priority, then you as immediate blood relative."

Christine motioned to the family sitting in the waiting room; the blonde teen girl constantly looking worriedly at the door that either the head nurse or Doctor Brinker just shut to prevent any interruptions except for the doctors and nurses. "I suggest you just calmly go in there with the family that's looking out for her the best they can and have been with Noel practically from moment one, and wait until Dr. Brinker is finished. Since she isn't ready to be asked the tough questions regarding the case just yet, it might be medicine related, so it won't take long."

Some time had passed since the nurse left and the doctor had been waiting, at first, everything was the same, then Noel started to make noises in her sleep. At first, it was just her moving around slightly (she couldn't move much due to the restraints) and mumbling incoherent nonsense, then suddenly she started to scream and wriggle around more violently, her eyes opening as she looked around all over, trying to move her arms and legs frantically.
"No! NO! let me out!!" she screamed shaking the bed as she tried to escape from her restraints.

Outside Jeffery had sat down beside the Zorel's where he was instructed to sit, his large form hardly even fit in the small hospital waiting for chairs.
"So I heard you were all looking out for Noella? Thanks for that, I am her Brother Jeffery, I don't know exactly what happened but it sounds pretty bad, but I must admit I am curious why you are helping her? or is it simply a would do for anyone kind of thing, or did you know her before the incident?" He asked.
"I was told you were with her from moment one, but not sure if that means since she came back, or before?" His voice was quite calm, but not in a monotone way, there was kindness behind it.

Dr. Brinker waved for the doctor who was checking on Maria. He nodded and raced over.

"Noel. This is a friend. Let you out of what? Where are you seeing yourself? What are you seeing?" She quickly jotted, Flashback and showed the other doctor who nodded again. Then made a signal Brinker knew all too well. Unless her flashback was colliding with present day. Then they'd have no choice but to send her to six.

Lenard shook his head. "No. She's been with us for a few weeks prior to this. An instant crush turned into actual caring on the part of Kara, who wanted to do whatever she could to support Noel. They both know each other's sordid pasts, if you will, sort of a bonding thing right there."

Back
Top Bottom