Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara got a panicked look of Ohh crap. I messed up. I'm about to be dumped. She's giving back the key. to which Dr. Brinker calmly patted her shoulder with a soft look of her own. Kara actually looked down.

Only the police ladies were left actually in the room and Dr. Brinker said, "I'll just be right outside. I need to talk to your emergency contact." What may even have a farther calming effect on Noel would do nothing for Kara's fragile nerves.

The doctor of psychology was the one to block the door, back to the two, arms folded and watching the elevator nearby, though she hadn't bothered. The head nurse had a bone to pick with Dr. Wallace, too.

(There. Set up)

Noel waited for everyone to leave before looking up at the nervous Kara, though she couldn't tell Kara was feeling that way, and her mind was elsewhere.
”First uhh, Kara I, I'm so sorry, I know you must have been through a lot of stress when I didn't come back.” Noel looked down as she spoke, seeming ashamed.

”Also umm, I know we said that we told each other everything but, there were some things I didn't think matters then, you know about when I was in the institution right? Well, the emergency contact was the psychologist in charge of my assessment, basically, he was the one who said I had a clean bill of health and could leave.” She paused for a moment as she took a breath, reaching forward and taking Kara’s hand in both of hers.
”But I, he told me, I wasn't ready, but if I agreed to set him to my emergency contact and waited for him at that house I was in when we met then once a certain amount of time passed he would let me live with him and he would finish my psychological care.” She still didn't look up at Kara, afraid of how she would react.

”I umm, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, at first when I saw umm, Zelda I thought I was having a relapse, I actually often would hallucinate characters from comics and stuff, video games, supposedly as a coping mechanism, you probably think I'm crazy, and terrible for not telling you earlier”

Kara sighed and seemed visibly less nervous when Noel said what she had. "Noel... The kinds of things you went through..." She shook her head. "I had crap but not like yours. I mean..." She stopped with another head shake. "Detective Andersen told me something that I think you should know before Dr. Wallace gets here. He didn't even bother spending any time at your side. I'm sure some doctor will have words with him about that." She next told about the call Lenard made, and staying with the facts, explained the accusing tone and words he used. Let Noel decide how she took what was told Kara. To Kara... She'd been accused of rape, but didn't mention that. Just what Wallace said.

Noel looked up and smiled lightly at Kara, she looked surprised as she explained everything that happened with Dr. Wallace.
”I didn't realize I was gay yet when I last saw him, it might just be a bit of a shock to him, but I definitely don't think of it like that, I love you, Kara, I have had people try to take advantage of my uhh, lack of experience and stuff before, this isn't like that.” she reassured, pulling her hands close to her.
”Umm I think that was all I wanted to say, but, could we just be in here together for a little bit longer?” she asked.

Meanwhile..

As everyone had left the room Dr. Wallace had entered, the nurse was quick to stop him and explain to him what the others wanted to tell him.

”Well they can feel any way they want, I don't much care what they think, as the people who essentially kidnapped her. I don't really respect their opinion on these matters, now is there anything else?” he asked prepared to push past her.
”Umm actually there are some official papers we need to be confirmed as the emergency contact for Noella.” she told him, which earned her a stink eye.
”Ahhh, very well lead the way.” he nodded and went with her.

Before Noel would finish her alone time with Kara, Dr. Wallace would appear to her room, seeing the others waiting outside.
”Excuse me,” he said clearly wanting to enter.

When Dr. Wallace came back out, and then tried to barge into the room, Dr. Allison Brinker showed her badge with picture and credentials and asked in a very calm manner, and soft spoken way, "Tell me. What was the first thing drilled in our heads in med school? It's the first and foremost rule for doctors and psychologists, alike. That is my counselor question. My officer question is this... Where's your proof of the accusation of kidnapping?" She raised an eyebrow for further effect, not once raising her voice, "because if you don't have any proof, it's false... And that can get you in trouble and you could lose your license to practice."

He took a breath and rubbed the bridge of his nose.
”First of all, I believe what you are fishing for is do no harm, which is exactly what I am worried the Zorel’s could be doing, they did let her get kidnapped by those men after all.” He started.
”And I never claimed they should be charged, I simply stated that with her mental state and their actions one could view their actions as such, now may I enter?” he asked raising a brow.

In the room, Noel was still holding Kara.
”I hope I didn't make you worry too much, are you okay?” she asked.

Kara's wide eyed look was more at the door. "You're not what's worrying me." Kara whimpered suddenly feeling the need to pull away, scared practically to death that Wallace would find any reason to charge her with a crime.

Brinker frowned. "Interesting choice of words. They let them." She held up a hand to Lenard who was frowning. "I'd be interested in knowing how they knew and just stood by watching her get taken. That phrase is correct. Do no harm. If you were so worried about Noel, why didn't you sit with her for a while? Sure, I need her side of the story, but I actually sat with her and Kara, who, by the way, WAS hurt by your accusations aimed at her." Allison continued to talk in the same calm manner. "Perhaps you should start learning how to think before you speak, because everything I've heard has been accusatory. We, meaning the police, are not blaming the Zorels."

”Then what is?” she asked seeming a little hurt (emotionally) from when she pulled away from her. Noel wasn't fully grasping how much Kara was hurt/ scared of Wallace, because to her, she knew she would never let Wallace cause her harm, and really beloved she could convince Wallace that she was happy with Kara.

Wallace listened to her and his face stayed in the same stone, uninterested look as she spoke.
”Okay, I say they let them, not as they witnessed and allowed the event to take place, but they allowed it in their neglect and poor decisions. With full knowledge of a kidnapper out there they allowed Noel to leave on her own, furthermore, it was almost immediately after a failed attempt, if my sources are correct, on one of your own officers. They simply didn't think which is hardly a crime.” He paused as he crossed his arms.

”I'll say this if you are worried that I plan to press charges, I don't, and as far as the young Zorel girl, I may have hurt her feelings but what I said was true, she approached and seduced a confused mentally unstable girl, again no charges will be pressed since clearly no harm was meant on the part of the Zorels, they seem like a kind enough family.” He stopped again.

”Also I didn't sit with her because I am a male, she would likely not react well to waking up to a male voice and figure, she was according to the doctors, raped after all.” He added not realizing that information was only given to him so far.

Brinker finally loosened a bit. "They are a decent family, and like all good parents would have allowed Noel the choice. Just telling her no and citing the reasons you're giving may have resulted in a rebellious action of taking the run anyway. You know how teenagers are if you've done enough work with them." She shook her head sadly. "There you go again, speaking without thinking of the consequences. You stood right here and made another accusation about Kara's intentions. Where you there when they met? How do you know it was meant as a seduction? You continue to imply things without ever sitting down to talk with them unbiased. It's obvious you've already made up your mind. I did hear you say the number one rule, but I have formed an opinion from speaking with you. It's just head knowledge. It's not in your heart." She backed into the room and turned around in time to see Kara, backed away from Noel and falling to her knees crying.

"First. Do no harm. Does that look like no harm to you? You don't know the crap she's gone through. Did you even stop to consider men hurt her as well? And maybe the way you were? Constantly accusing her of wrong doing?" She asked pointing to Kara. As Allison approached her, Kara visibly winced and put her arms out expecting to be arrested. "Kara, put your arms down, get up and come with me." She then called for Christine as she held her hand out to Kara. "Sweetheart, you're not suspected of anything by the police." Kara trembled eyes closed expecting the clickety click of the bracelets. "Don't you want to talk to Zelda about bad ol' pigheaded men, some more?" One eye opened but the trembling didn't stop. "Come on... It's okay. Take my hand."

Finally convinced she wasn't headed to jail, Kara reached out. Dr. Brinker said to Detective Andersen as she left practically hugging Kara, "Watch him. Like a hawk."

"Planned on doing that anyway, Zelda." Christine nodded. "And I don't think I'm going to be alone." She pointed back behind her. A security guard had been quietly called, and he and a few nurses were watching him very closely as Wallace went in.

Noel pulled her arms back, looking at Kara wide-eyed as she had pulled back, not sure what to do or say. Though even if she did knew what to say the door opened before she could, she watched unsure what to do or say as Kara cried and prepared herself to be arrested, which only made Noel even more confused, the sound of Kara crying making Noel tear up. She froze as she watched everything transpire until Kara had left, she paused for a moment before whimpering.
"What did I do? did I say something wrong?" she was very confused about why Kara was crying, she was hoping that she would be happy, but she was sad still and she had no idea why.

Dr. Wallace gently walked in and knelt beside where Noel's bed was. "You didn't do anything wrong to her Noella" He stated.
"Doctor? I umm, I meant to tell you, I found a family, that can help me heal like you said you could help me do." She told him, laying back down.
"Yes I heard, though we did have a plan and a deal, it was part of the condition, I must assure your mental wellbeing," He told her.
"Now we should go," he told her when the nurse spoke up.
"Sorry sir but we need her to here for a day or so still to insure she is okay to leave," She told him, he stood in response.
"Well if that is what is best, Noel rests for now and I will return for you tomorrow." He stated.
"Wait, I don't want to leave the Zorel's I mean unless they want me to" She replied as he turned to leave.
"Rest now Noella, we can talk more tomorrow when the doctors know you are better" He stated then started to walk out.

Last edited:
Christine stopped him. "Hold it. I want to make something crystal clear to you." Even Noel would know, the Detective was using her cop voice, so she definitely meant business. "It's painfully clear you don't give a flying flip about her. Plus, you seem to want to forget what both I and Dr. Brinker have told you. She cannot leave the city and we would need an address to contact her as Noel is a vital part of our investigation and charges we need to press on the criminals that did this. Also, Noel is 18, thus legally an adult. Something else you seem to want to conveniently forget. If I have to mention this ONE MORE TIME, YOU will be considered a flight risk and we will have you up on kidnapping charges so fast, it'll make your head swim.... I don't make threats. I make promises. Are we crystal clear?"

Meanwhile, Dr. Brinker sighed as she closed the door. She watched Kara trembling like a Chihuahua in the middle of winter without a blanket. She presented a small recorder showing it to Kara. "You mind?"

Kara shook her head. Brinker hit play and set it on the table. "Do you mind telling me how you became so frightened to even touch Noel after Dr. Wallace got here?"

"It's what he said. It started with what he said on the phone about us taking advantage of Noel, and me specifically of taking advantage of her sexually because she's vulnerable." Kara was still pretty much in tears and would be throughout her interview.

Brinker: You know that's not true, though.

Kara: I dunno anymore. No we didn't do it, but...

Brinker: But?

Kara: This isn't the first time males in authority accused me. And not the first with major clout.

Brinker: Oh? Care to elaborate some on that? Help me understand? I mean... What I saw was genuine fear.

Kara: Mom's dad and brother... They had their way with me a lot, and before they were finally caught, because I didn't want to be alone with them... They threatened me with juvenile court and jail if I mentioned anything. They were always saying I deserved it and cheaters, liars and abusers deserved what they were doing to me. And most my girlfriends, those I got along with, the dad always threatened to throw me in juvey for rape or something...

Kara broke down bawling.

Brinker: Kara... Oh, I'm so sorry you went through that. No wonder you were afraid to even touch Noel with him present.

Kara (sobbing): I haven't even gotten to Bonnie. She actually wanted to move in with us.... (Cries again)

Brinker: We don't need to get into that. I recall a Captain Rockwell did try to press charges against you and your parents for brainwashing and attempted kidnapping... Just before they moved to Ohio. Are you and Bonnie still in touch? Kara is nodding. Good. What I need you to do is something Noel desperately needs. Can you pull yourself together? Yes? Okay. Do you mind if I share this with Noel? She's really hurt.

Kara (wails): I didn't mean to! See? I am bad for her! Maybe I should be arrested!

Pat: Kara... Kara... Calm down. No you don't. Even Zelda here said you didn't do anything wrong. Dr. Brinker, I've never seen her this upset before.

Brinker: I hate to say this, but because of a psychologist, I may have no choice but to suggest to you, Mrs. Zorel, that Kara goes back into counseling. I'm going to do all I can to help you get Noel, and maybe the two can take a group counseling with just the two of them and the counselor. I'd do it in a New York minute if I didn't have my current position. }CLICK{ (Tape ends)

Dr. Wallace stayed quiet as she spoke, in the end, he simply narrowed his gaze toward her and left the room to be out of Noel's earshot before he replied to her.

"You know, I am trying to help one of my patients here, however, clearly you people will do anything in your power to prevent she gets the help she needs, so when she snaps, and I promise you she will! don't come crying to me" He stated, turning to leave again.

"Use her for your investigation you won't be the first to poke and prod her for info on an attack on her, last time she ended under my care, I sincerely hope you can do better. And
as for the Zorel girl, I'll just say Noel showed no interest in girls before she met her, so maybe don't be so quick to assume I am wrong with my assessment just because you think they make a cute couple or something." He walked toward the front desk again.

"Oh! and don't worry, I won't be back unless Noel asks for it" he called out before talking to the lady at the front desk and leaving.

Christine even got more suspicious as this "doctor" was going on about Kara. Almost anyone who actually KNEW Kara would know she'd pretty much had only dated girls since middle school. Sure, she would glomp hug pretty much anyone who was nice to her, and that would throw any outsider watching off. Well, as far as Christine was concerned now, that doctor could take his opinions and shove them so far up his arse he could choke on them. Only her professionalism kept her from saying it out loud. Especially since "that Zorel girl" came out although he seemed to be talking about Noel. In Christine's expert opinion, that doctor was more cracked than his patient. Again, she held her tongue.

Dr. Brinker reached her and explained about the top. Half-listening because she was so spitting mad, she merely nodded. As she came back in to Noel's room, a little bit calmer, Dr. Brinker had set the tape player on the table and took Noel's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"I don't think Kara told you everything about why she is the way she is. I could tell that you didn't understand why she was suddenly afraid to touch you. This tape will explain it." She shook her head. "With the big bad guy gone.... I'll let her come back in, if you're okay with that after you hear this."

She took a deep breath, hit play and kept giving Noel a reassuring smile and Pat to the hand she held.

Noel sat up as she listened to the tape, holding onto Dr.Brinker's hand and staring at the tape recorder. It didn't take long for Noel to start crying as well, hearing Kara so hurt and so afraid, all because of the men close to the women she loved were jerks! When she reheard the story of Kara's uncles and grandfather she started to nearly ball.

Noel took a few minutes to recover from her tears before looking to Brinker. "Umm Zelda, c-can I see Kara again, if she umm, if she wants to that is" she asked, wanting to just hold Kara in her arms.

Dr. Brinker smiled and nodded at the question. With a final pay to Noel's hand, she got up and let go. "She wants to, but I need her to pull herself together, too. Maybe facing Dr. Wallace just over a year removed from Captain Rockwell of the Air Force was too much for her. We are going to hold off on the questions that you know we have to ask for a day or two. Christine and the Zorels will be around if you need anyone to talk to between now and tomorrow. Just a call away. We can talk about other things tomorrow morning. And since you'll be my first person I see, I will be in my regular street clothes.... Unless you want me to come as Zelda."

Kara stood pigeon toed, hands clasped in front of her, looking forlorn at Dr. Brinker, who nodded with a smile and waved her in. With a sad puppy dog expression, she cast her eyes to Noel and said barely audible. "Sorry." It was a start.

Noel nodded to the doctor and smiled. "civilian clothes is fine, sorry I freaked out before I just uhh, I wasn't expecting it" she smiled.

Noel took a deep nervous breath as Kara walked in, her sad face nearly breaking her heart. As she heard her apologize she shook her head and opened her arms for a hug.
"Don't apologize, just come here okay. I, if you want to.. that is" She stated, gesturing her over.
"If you want to talk we can, but if you just want to hold each other, I would be okay with that" She offered.

Kara slowly took the chair next to the bed and reached out to take Noel's hands in hers. "I guess you know now, huh? I mentioned Bonnie wanted to move in with us. I never explained why." She wasn't sure if sitting on the bed with Noel was possible. It was a hospital, after all, and she merely the visitor.

Brinker bowed out and spoke to Christine quietly, before ushering her to the Zorels, and finally the four of them went to the nurse's station. The whole idea was to talk to Noel after Kara visited for a while, to see if she wanted to change her emergency contact. By now, she had seen, maybe not completely comprehended, but seen how the psychologist had first treated her detective working her case with contempt, heard about how he had accused the Zorels of wrongdoing, ignored Dr. Brinker's words, and finally got Christine in a temper referring to Kara as "that Zorel girl", before possibly talking about Noel, since her name was thrown out there, too.

Meanwhile, back in the room, Kara was just looking at Noel, really not sure what else to say. It'd be awkward to mention what happened with Bonnie's dad unless Noel asked. After all, Brinker didn't want her to go into details because that was known to the police.

Noel moved in her bed to give Kara room, even trying to lead her to sit on the bed with her.
"Well umm if you want to tell me about it I want to listen, I trust you, Kara, of course, I want to know everything about you, but I don't want you to tell me something unless you are comfortable doing so" She paused for a minute and looked down.
"Though I admit I would like to hear more about you and Bonnie, I umm, I am pretty curious" she admitted.

Kara sat more on the edge, since the last thing she wanted was to be scolded more, although she'd only seen three nurses all female... And the older one kind of reminded her of a cross between Dixie from Emergency! And Hot Lips from MASH. She even combined the characters' names as she referred to the head nurse. "I dunno if I should get too comfortable, Noel. I don't think we want Major Dixie Houlihan out there throwing a conniption. Besides... I been accused enough, today, thanks."

She smiled as she was asked about Bonnie. Well... Things were going to get awkward, eventually. "Depending on your perspective, I guess, you might have actually liked her, despite being a shy abrasive at times. But then look who raised her. With Bonnie, I didn't know what to expect half the time... And maybe that's why I loved her so much. Her catchphrase, if real life people could have one, had to have been, "Your heritage is your heritage; family is family. Whether we like it or not." Kara chuckled. "Actually... With this one teen in our ninth grade together... "Wish you could do with your family what you're always doing to your poor nose... Cause don't even get me started on that sister of yours!" She giggled. "If she liked you, and I mean friend level like, and you were seeing one of her friends... Consider it n honor and privilege when she challenges your love for that person."*

(*-Precursor to what we have planned when she visits.)

Noel listened and paused for a minute at the statement she recalled with Bonnie about doing to the family what you do to your nose. Then after a moment, she started to giggle. "Oh pick! hehe, yeah I get that, she seems great, umm why did she leave again? did you tell me?" she asked moving over a little to sit closer to Kara, but not close enough where she would be pushed off the bed.

"Oh and umm Sorry about Dr. Wallace, he is uhh, brash, but I wouldn't be free if it were not for him, I know that doesn't make up for what he said, but that is why he was here, but nevermind him, tell me more about you and Bonnie" she smiled, though part of her knew the smile was forced.

Kara frowned and looked at her feet. "Even though she was 17 at the time... She had to move with her Dad when he got transferred to Wright Patterson Air Force Base outside Dayton Ohio. They moved to, according to her, "a rinky-dink, two bit, one horse burg called Middleton (Middletown)... I think." It would still be quite the commute to the Air Force Base from Middletown, though, as any map will tell you. So.. she already had the key, and my parents loved her. I swear Dad cracked some of his dad jokes, just to hear her groan... Anyhoo, about two months before the move, she was practically begging mom and dad to let her stay with us, and hide her if at all possible. Ummm... I'd rather not... Tell the rest of that right now, if you don't mind." She had started to fidget as she reached the point of Bonnie begging to stay with the Zorels. Although Dr. Brinker would be keeping that recorded meeting just under an hour before, the tape player along with the tape, was gone with her.

Noel nodded. "Of course, she sounds like she was really special to you, I'm sorry whatever the reason was that she couldn't stay happened" Noel leaned over and wrapped her arms around Kara in a gentle hug, her paper-thin hospital dress crinkling with the embrace. Noel was truly sad that Kara lost someone so special to her, it sounded like Bonnie was perfect for Kara, much better than she was, and that Kara was settling for her. But she didn't mind, she was used to be the one people had settled for, it had been happening her whole life, why would now be different?
"Is there anything you want to talk about now? want, umm want me to try and sing for you or something? Heh even though I am terrible" She offered unsure what to say to make Kara happy again, she wanted to see her smile.

"I wonder if she still has her authentic Slovak dress? Her dad saw her in it once...." She shivered as she relived THAT moment. "I know she did after as she wore it to a few dinners and she said it was packed."

She accepted the hug, kind of leaning into it. "Truth be told, that last few months was more like she was a sister than a girlfriend. Like she wanted to be with us, but at the same time, preparing me specifically, for the worst."

Looking at Noel, she shook her head, then said, sounding like Tom Bodette from Motel 6 and Animaniacs "Good idea. Singing ala karaoke with accompanying music. Bad idea. Singing ala karaoke acapella."

She grinned, because she had experience doing it both with music and without.

Noel nodded, seeing the look in Kara's eyes as she remembered back on Bonnie in the Slovak dress. After she was hugged, she would hold her for as long as Kara held on. She listened to her intently as she spoke more about Bonnie, though one thing had caught her attention more than anything else.
"Like a sister? But she, I mean you two.. uhh" She wasn't sure how to work out what she was saying, before changing tracks.
"What do you think would have happened if she stayed? do you think you would be happier?" she asked.

"heh, yeah, I guess it would need to be without unless you have your phone or something to help"

Kara looked through her phone. "What about a duet? Only thing is what song? There's lots of good classic duets of pop, rock, and country. From the 60s-90s." Those were the four decades she sang from, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom