Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

He nodded and followed her. ”I suppose that would be prudent, oh! I am Doctor Henry Wallace, Ph.D.” he introduced himself. After that, he would walk with the detective and listen to her about what all has transpired. Once she had finished he shook his head.

”Oh my, Noella has fragile psychology as it is, if she does wake up from this thing, she would require some serious counselling, hopefully she won't need to be placed back into the asylum” He started rather bluntly. ”But if it must be done it must, I thank you for informing me of everything, is there anything else?” He asked.

Christine had sighed when he finally mentioned his credentials. "We're going to have outpatient counseling of a sort anyway. We're not taking chances here. Allison Brinker, one of our finest officers has a degree in counseling herself, and will be the ones to ask the questions. She's had experience and plenty of it with victims before just as traumatized, but usually so much younger. She's also had experience with dealing with her fellow officers after traumatic incidents. I also doubt it's a good idea to remove her from the stability of the Zorels. There's a lot of love and support from all three of them... But I would say talk to Lenard about both his overprotectiveness and his dad jokes. Oy. He looked ready to pitch a fit that Patricia, his wife, let her go for the run... Although as you now know, his fears were justified. I'll tell Allison to be ready to dress as Princess Zelda again in order to talk to Noel. Just to keep Noel at ease, as I don't know a single person, male or female, that doesn't at least like that elf Princess from the video game." She nodded. "I've said my piece, and I'll be sticking around."

Maria woke up, screaming again.

”Well no offence officer, but I am the one legally in charge of her care at this point, plus I am the most qualified for her psychological care. I have leagues more knowledge and experience than your costumed councillor.” He crossed his arms.

”However she is of adult age and if she wakes she can choose until then I am the one who decides, though I am no monster they may visit as they wish, I will need to leave after an hour though I have instructed the hospital to inform me if she wakes after that.” The man was sure of himself, and technically was right, though her gut would still feel like she was making the right call.

"Detective." Christine corrected, as she listened to the rest. "I think, as I said, that if that's the case, maybe you should talk to the Zorels yourself. Shall I arrange that sit down for you? Say, here when you're not so busy?" She wasn't about to leave, now, although she hadn't planned to, anyway.

She went into the little waiting area for friends and families, grabbed a seat and magazine, crossed her legs and started reading. However, she kept one eye on the psychologist. She knew she nodded to call Allison. And maybe Robert for backup, but decided to key her Mike to record/broadcast any more of the conversation. Fortunately... Or unfortunately... It wasn't to her partner.

(You decide, if the psychologist says anything incriminating, who hears it. Penny, Zorels ham radio (so Lenard), or a random policewoman, like the "She-Ra" she paired with looking for Noel, or some other policewoman)

He nodded and reached into his jacket as she spoke about arranging a meeting.
”If they wish, they can contact me for talk, I can be reached at this number” he said as he handed her his card.
After that, the started to walk off, only stopping at the front desk to inform them that he was to be updated if her condition changed or she woke up.

He then turned and walked out of the hospital workout looking back. Something in her gut told her that this man didn't really care that much for Noel, he didn't even end up sitting by her bed or talking to her before leaving, yet seemed determined to be informed of her progress.

Not knowing she hadn't keyed Robert, she radioed in. "You get that? Don't have anything criminally against him, but it's obvious he doesn't care one lick about Noel let Dr. Allison Brinker, Psy. D. know to be on standby. Since she's also an officer of the law... On second thought... Just have her get here... In her calming costume."

"Christine? Not your partner, but 10-4. Don't trust him that much, huh? Your gut's never steered you wrong before. I'll send her as soon as she's finished with the young teen she's with now. She's already IN costume. As soon as he saw her as Zelda, he's been blabbing non-stop."

Christine called Lenard next, and heard Kara had locked herself in her room, and had just passed on lunch. Lenard was obviously cooking as he went. "I'll check with the nurse and get back to you. Meanwhile, call this Dr. Wallace, but be on your toes. Don't divulge too much about Kara's... Hobby."

Lenard promised he wouldn't, understanding why. Kara was a few months from 18, and this guy may try to have her removed from her happy home... Or tie the case up in court until January.

Christine went to the nurse's station first, asking if the Zorels could bring Noel a homemade meal, explaining the nutritional value of sauerkraut and sausage and a German style potato salad over most hospital fare.

Then she walked into Noel's room, and sat next to her bed. A seat she would vacate for "Zelda" an hour later. Dr. Allison Brinker would greet her waking up with a gentle smile, ready to listen to anything Noel would say without interruption.

Meanwhile, Lenard led the call to Dr. Wallace, ready to stick up for Noel's mental health and how well she had already adjusted in two weeks in the Zorel home.

Screenshot_20200725-152836.png

"Lenard Zorel, Doc. My wife and daughter are with me." Both said hello, albeit a bit subdued. "Christine Andersen, our detective on the case said to call you regarding Noel. Although it's only been two weeks under our roof, we haven't seen or had any problems and she's been not just willing to learn about us and our heritage, but eager as well. We'd love for her to come back home to us when she gets out of the hospital."

Kara chimed in with the delicious sushi setting Noel had done and presented, as well as her willingness to learn Italian and Kara was eager to teach her.

Pat talked about how encouraged she was with how Noel acted, despite her hardships and was encouraging Kara to push herself harder in her athleticism.

All three said, "We love her very much and support her." Kara adding, "And although it's been one day, I miss having her right across the hall from me."

He responded rather plainly.
”Well I certainly hope you all didn't use this opportunity to entrap and take in a mentally fragile and easily manipulated girl. And that the young miss Kara didn't push her sexual preference on a vulnerable girl who would have done anything for some love and attention.” he stated clearly being accusative. ”Though it doesn't matter if she wakes within the next few weeks ill return and we can ask her” He added.
”Was their anything else you wanted to say it ask?”

Kara grumbled under her breath about being accused of taking advantage of Noel. And left the kitchen table.

Lenard said calmly, yet with a hint of temper, "I don't think I like your tone sir, instead of taking an accusatory tone with people, perhaps you could visit the people that house your patients... And also give your patients just a little more credit regarding their own safety. Yes, we could have done better by saying no, but we instead gave her the benefit of the doubt. I wonder if Detective Andersen was put down, too. No. I think we're done." He promptly hung up, and decided to just let Pat handle Kara, who had yelled "Men!" prior to slamming her bedroom door.

During the lecture, Doctor Wallace would have heard Kara slam her door all the way from the second floor.

Dr. Brinker, meanwhile, dressed as Zelda in her battle outfit, continued to sit vigil at Noel's side.

The doctor had been on the line long enough to hear the door slam and then the *click* of the phone being hung up.
”Heh, bit rude” he shrugged but continued to drive, as his headset automatically disconnected when the call ended.

In the hospital, Dr.Brinker was completing a check-up on Noel when she noticed she started to respond to external sources on the brin wave monitor, she had attempted to speak to her but nothing was seeming to improve her state, so she got an idea.
She contacted the Zorels with a message.

”Hey, mind if Kara comes down for a moment I want to show her something and borrow her voice if I could.” She thought this would be good for Kara’s spirits as well as it could help Noel find her way out.

(Kara is home)

Lenard picked the phone up quickly. Hearing Dr. Brinker on the other side asking to borrow Kara, he sighed. "We're ten minutes from the hospital... But only after we convince Kara to come out of her room." He then explained to the police psychologist what just transpired with Dr. Wallace and how he basically accused (in Lenard's opinion) the Zorels of taking advantage of Noel and Kara of nothing short of rape. "You have to understand, Doc... Both those girls are broken. I have to treat my own daughter with kid gloves now, because of other men, some like Dr Wallace, or I'll lose her... Personally, I don't want her to hate me. As soon as Pat gets down with Kara we'll be there, but please pass on to the nurse's station how he just treated us."

Lenard didn't know that Christine had already passed on how this so called psychologist hadn't even spent any time with Noel, his supposed patient, and how disrespectful that was to the patient. Wallace had already thrown up enough red flags right around the hospital.

The Zorels reached the hospital fifteen minutes later, and as soon as Kara saw her, she was blabbing, "Wow. Princess Zelda! I don't know how you put up with Link and some of the other guys in your kingdom! Ain't none of them respectful to a lady, and always accusing and pointing fingers and stuff! Maybe if they'd lose their shit attitudes towards others... I swear they purposely turn women and girls off guys with their abuse..."

As Kara continued to go off on males and how they were the reason women were lesbians, Lenard asided to Pat, "Must be the Zelda costume. I even want to rant to her about some things."

She smiled to Kara and listened to her go on. “Heh, I know their are a lot of bad men out their.” She placed her hand on her back gently and sat her down beside her.

“And I know it’s hard to believe at times, but just as their are bad women out there, there is also good men, like your father for one, heh and my friend link.” She smiled again.

“But for every link there is a ganon, unfortunately girls like us will sometimes see a lot of Ganon before we meet a link, luckily you were at least born to one of the few links out there” she place her arm around her in a friendly manor.

“But for now, I know someone who doesn’t need a link, they need a supergirl, and her super pipes, you think you could talk to or sing to Noel for a bit? I can show you how we can tell she is responding to external stimuli now” she offered.

Kara seemed to calm down. This time due to words said rather than what the doctor was wearing. She looked over to her Dad, having never thought of him as "like Link", but the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. Oh, she had definitely had way too many Ganons in her life, and a lot of those from her mom's side of the family. It was why they weren't welcome in the Zorel home.

Pat and Lenard saw Christine, who had been told by a head nurse to stick around, because whether anyone liked it or not, when Noel woke up, they'd have to call Wallace back.

"Sure, but, what song? I mean I know so many, and tons of classics because Ms. Candy Pop, the pop sensation, trained her backup singers, the Lollipops, with them. I mean you're listening too, after all."

She thought for a moment before she spoke. “Perhaps if there is a song that is special between you two? Or if you know what her favorite song is?” She offered, knowing the two were rather close.

“Umm, is none of that, maybe just a song you would know she would recognize? Maybe one that one of you have sung before?” She added.

Kara nodded, then blushed. "Yeah, there's one... She thought it was cute, but I did it at a party, playing the part of the titular character... I dunno though. Mixture of embarrassment and not being able to help but watch."

She nodded. That was actually the funniest part of the party and a lot of people were gawking. Mostly because she was singing and streaking. At least Noel had said she was both embarrassed and amazed.

She thought about it. "Hmm. I don't remember if I did another Ray Stevens song or not, but she did SEEM to react positively to it."

She cleared her throat before beginning Mississippi Squirrel Revival

Spoken Well when I was a kid, I'd take a trip
Every summer down to Mississippi
To visit my granny in her ante bellum world

Christine and Kara's parents stopped chatting with each other and looked over, along with the nurse's. A curious one walked over. Christine asided, "Oh heck. That don't wake up Noel, nothing will. I wouldn't be surprised she wakes up laughing!"

Kara continued the song, still speaking, I'd run barefoot all day long, climbing trees free as a song
One day I happened to catch myself a squirrel
Well, I stuffed him down in an old shoe box
Punched a couple of holes in the top and when Sunday came I snuck him into church.
I was sitting way back in the very last pew
Showing him to my good buddy Hugh
When that squirrel got loose and went totally berserk!

What happened next is hard to tell
Some thought it was Heaven, others thought it was Hell
But the fact that something was among us was plain to see.

As the choir sang "I Surrender All", squirrel ran up Harv Newlan's coveralls
Harv leapt to his feet and said
"Something's got a hold on me! Yeow!"

Christine formed a trio with two nurses to stand behind Kara well within Noel's earshot, as Kara sang: The day the squirrel went berserk
In the First Self-Righteous Church
In that sleepy little town of Pascagoula

The trio of ladies echoed "Pascagoula"

Kara continued singing, It was a fight for survival
That broke out in revival
They were jumping pews and shouting "Hallelujah!"

The trio of ladies echoed "Hallelujah!"

Kara went back to the speaking part, Well, Harv hit the aisles dancin' and screamin'
Some thought he had religion, others thought he had a demon
And Harv thought he had a weed eater loose in his Fruit of the Looms
He fell to his knees to plead and beg, and the squirrel ran out of his britches leg
Unobserved, to the other side of the room.

All the way down to the amen pew
Where sat Sister Bertha better-than-you
Who'd been watching all the commotion with sadistic glee
But you should have seen the look in her eyes when that squirrel jumped her garters and crossed her thighs.
She jumped to her feet and said, "Lord, have mercy on me!"

As the squirrel made laps inside her dress, she began to cry and then to confess
To sins that would make a sailor blush with shame
She told of gossip and church dissention
But the thing that got the most attention
Was when she talked about her love life
And then she started naming names!

She then sang as before, The day the squirrel went berserk
In the sleepy little town of Pascagoula

Ladies trio "Pascagoula"

Kara: It was a fight for survival

Ladies trio: "Hallelujah!"

Kara then finished the speaking part of the song/story Well, seven deacons and then the pastor got saved
And twenty-five thousand dollars was raised
And fifty volunteered for missions in the Congo on the spot, hehe
And even without an invitation there were at least five hundred rededications
And we all got re-baptized whether we needed it or not.

Now, you've heard the Bible stories, I guess, how He parted the waters for Moses to pass
All the miracles God has brought to this ol' world
But the one I'll remember to my dyin' day is how he put that church back on the narrow way
With a half crazed Mississippi squirrel.

She then sang the chorus only once, through The day the squirrel went berserk
In the sleepy little town of Pascagoula

Ladies trio "Pascagoula"

Kara finished, It was a fight for survival

Ladies trio: "Hallelujah!"

When she was finished with probably the funniest story/song ever written, she finally looked over to Dr. Brinker, as her attention had been fully on Noel.

Last edited:
Kara’s head was turned to Dr. Brinker, as they locked eyes for a moment Kara would feel the gentle touch of a hand on her cheek. As she would look back she would see Noel’s tired face looking up at her, she seemed half out of it but she had a gentle smile as she looked up at Kara, her hand still gently cupping Kara’s cheek.
“Hey” Was all she said.

Kara's face lit up, and she managed a very squeaky "hey, back atcha."

Christine smiled, "Welcome back, warrior princess. We picked up all the pieces you left behind. Well as many as we could find." She then gave Noel a wink, "There were a couple of pieces missing, but Quimby was swearing the perp never had them in the first place."

”Is, did Maria make it back? Did she send you to find me?” she asked still seeming weak but was trying to keep her hand on Kara’s cheek, though her soft tone made it clear.

In the background, a nurse could be heard making the phone call to Dr.Wallace.

Everyone looked at each other and then to the other bed. Everyone except Kara who just took the hand, kissed it, then held it. "She just pointed before collapsing, but she's still relatively okay." She didn't have the heart to tell her that Maria was in the other bed, temporarily until a bed opened up at Children's Hospital across the street (Maria is 16). "So, yeah, umm. Glad to see you awake."

Brinker tapped her shoulder and pointed to move just a little bit down and moved her chair she was sitting on to the head. "Feel like talking to someone besides Supergirl? You have quite a few friends here." She asked with a gentle smile.

Noel seemed a bit concerned that Maria had collapsed before a look of confusion came to her face. ”She just collapsed? How did you find us? She didn't get to the van? don't-” she seemed to be getting more and more confused but stopped talking as Zelda came into view.
”Huh? Zelda? I, I'm not still dreaming am I? Wait where am I?” it seemed when Noel was focused on Kara the other facts hadn't quite sunk in yet but she started to notice more now.

"Van?" Dr. Brinker looked over to Christine for help. Had she even gotten all the pieces? "I thought you said you had a BUS* on standby?"

"No. You're wide awake, you feel my hand don't you?" She knew she couldn't blow Dr. Brinker's cover. "There was a lot more to Zelda than just being a Princess, y'know. She counseled Link and helped fight... Uhhh..." She looked puzzled.

"Ganon. My enemy is Ganon, Kara." Brinker said giving an odd cross between a frown and a puzzled look, herself. She used the real name. "How are you doing, Noella, can I call you Noel?"

Christine shook her head, "It was a bus* waiting for her, ah, Zelda." She looked at Noel and nodded. This was Zelda for all Noel needed to know, right now. And Maria too, when she was calm enough. "Noel probably means the suspects' transportation."

*-Bus. Police lingo for an ambulance.

Noel seemed to get more confused as the conversation went by.
”Bus? Uhh, y-yeah I feel your hand” Noel had a decent grip on Kara’s hand, not wanting to let it go.

”Zelda, link Ganon? I don't. Where? Am I in a hospital? What kind of hospital is it?!” Noel started to seem to panic as she used her other hand to check herself for something before trying to sit up.

”Uhh y-yeah Noel, but I, I'm confused Kara what's going on?” she asked trying to look around Zelda.
”No the Van, yeah! The Jerks who, they umm, they took us, they...” she stopped mid-thought as her free hand grasped her head, over the bandage where she had it. ”ow” she winced, never once let going of Kara’s hand.

Meanwhile..

A nurse who had been working closely with Noel and Maria and had seen everything approached Kara’s parents.
”Hey, I am not supposed to do this, but I checked and she has a second emergency contact in the case her first can't be reached, this one share her surname, might be family, should we call them? If anyone asks we can just claim wires we're crossed when he left or returned from the second call to him, he uhh, he is on his way by the way, Mr. Wallace that is”

Lenard and Pat both scratched their heads. From what Noel had said, they weren't sure it was a good idea. However, instead of going gut instinct, "We've known her only three weeks and had her under our roof for two." Pat began slowly. "And from what she said..."

"If that doctor is any indication to go by. I'd say no." Lenard said, "but maybe NOEL should have the final say on that. Personally, I'd ask her before he gets here. I don't trust him to have her best interest in mind."

"I totally agree." Christine said, before escorting the nurse to the door.

Brinker took a deep breath. "Noel. Calm down. It's okay. You're okay. You aren't seeing things. I've learned Zelda, from the Legend of Zelda game and TV show, is a pretty calming character for most kids, and they'll open up easier to her than me. My name is Dr. Allison Brinker Psy. D. I'm actually also an officer and was among those searching for you. Kara here was my partner and is who found you. I'm here to talk with you and get your side. I do this all the time for victims of heinous crimes, that sometimes won't speak with anyone else, but a favorite character. So... I take it you never heard of Princess Zelda?" She said everything in a soothing, calming voice. She didn't need to remove her elf ears, considering how her natural brown hair hid their tops anyway. Noticing the nurse, she nodded. "I'll let this nurse speak to you, first, then we can talk all you want, okay?"

As she started to explain Noel seemed to calm down considerably, the heart rate and other monitors showing a good paced recovery rate.
”Oh, I umm, I know of Zelda, it's just I um, I” she looked around seeming hesitant to explain more before she was handed to the nurse.

”Hey Noella, so your emergency contact Dr. Wallace is on his way here, did you want us to also contact Mr. Jeffery Sterling?” she asked.
”Oh crap, I forgot about that, umm no thanks uhh, can I speak to Kara alone, please?” she asked sitting up, and seeming more cognitive then she was before.

The Nurse nodded, ”I won't contact anyone else than, thank you, Noella” She then gently stood up and left the room, knowing it was up to the others to leave as Noel had asked.

Back
Top Bottom