Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"Hey, sorry to bother all of you, but someone called in a hit and run, it was reported that a van hit someone running on the sidewalk, the couple down the street that called it in said they ran inside to call us, but by the time they got back to their window the van and the runner were gone. We were wondering if you heard or saw anything?" She asked trying to remain professional as she spoke.

Pat turned even more pale if it was possible. "Blast it! I should definitely have told her no!"

Lenard hugged his wife.

Kara stuttered the words. "H-h-hit and run?!" She gulped uneasily and sank on the couch. "That clenches it to me. It IS her ex." She looked up at her parents. "Now do you see why I'll never trust males again?" She looked at her dad. "Present company excluded..." Although, truth be told, she wasn't as close to her dad as she used to be.

Lenard took a deep breath. "Not sure if you have the same name as your rather infamous uncle, Detective, but either way, forgive my wife and daughter. Noel's special to all of us. Until the sirens about ten minutes ago... No. We didn't know anything was wrong. Kara told us what happened to you this morning at the school, did they say it was a white van? And who in their right mind would go after someone on the sidewalk?!"

Kara, visibly shaking with anger growled, "I'd like to know if it's the same van targeting other blondes."

Penny seemed surprised by their reactions.
"Wait slow down, you believe Noel was the person hit? and you believe she was taken by these people?" She asked, looking through her notes.
"The Van was white, but that seems like circumstantial evidence to link the two, it's the most common type of panel van after all. Plus the women initially believed it was a young boy who was hit, but her vague description would also fit Noel. The short hair I think is what made her think of the other gender." She replied looking through her notes some more.
"This doesn't make any sense, the MO is way off, these people lure girls into their car, they never hit and took them like this before. Plus if we are going by the theory they have old school records from when I was still going there, she doesn't match she wasn't at our school yet." She added, mostly talking out loud to herself.

"Sorry give me a moment" She took a breath and stepped aside to call Christine and update her on what she had just learned, and the possible connection.
"Okay so, do you know why Noel had left the house, and where she was going, she or the uh victim was hit heading this direction," she asked, seeming to look toward Leonard as he seemed the least distraught.

Christine was on scene looking for clues, hoping again hope it hadn't been Noel, yet still going over the area as she would any crime scene. She shook her head as the phone buzzed. "Andersen. Hmmm. They did? What aren't those two telling us? Remind them about the penalty for withholding evidence, because at this stage, even hearsay could save a life, and I'll be there in five. Unfortunately, I haven't found evidence for or against, except for a shoe, and what may be broken headlight glass. I especially want to talk to Kara... Especially after that remark. Again, see you in five."

She quickly went for her car, explaining to both her captain and Chief Quimby how the Zorel women acted.

"They could just be jumping to conclusions due to something they know Noel might have told them." The captain countered, although Quimby merely throated a "hmmm."

"And her jogging schedule is not currently being followed by her." Christine reminded her Captain. Chief Quimby had to nod to that, silently applauding the Detective for her quick assessment.

At the home of the Zorels, Lenard could only shrug as he looked at his wife and daughter, both of them bothered way too much when Penny did NOT mention it was her, although the vague description fit. "She was desperate to exercise. We hadn't had enough time to fully turn the basement into an exercise room. It's only half finished, and that because Supergirl, there," he pointed to his daughter, "wanted one even before we met Noel."

The two females, mother and daughter, looked worriedly at each other. Noel's secret wasn't exactly something they felt they could share; they had promised her to never tell another soul. The police even didn't know EVERYTHING.

As Christine was about to leave another officer came to her with a small evidence bag. "these headphones were found in a bush near the accident site. No phone or music player has been found yet but we will keep looking" He told her handing the evidence over before returning to their search.

Penny decided to try and get more answers out of them if nothing but to distract them.
"Do you know how long she was expected to be out for? and does she regularly go out at this time?" She started with some questions that were pretty basic but might be able to keep their attention and let them know she is at least considering their theory.

Once they answered she had planned to ask if anyone else knew she was going out at this time besides them.

Christine got a lump. "Shit. Give these to Chief Quimby." She handed it back, "I really don't want to overstep the Captain, but... Put an APB out for that white van, with the description of said suspect. And for all three (now) missing girls.... Yesterday! Hustle!"

She squealed tires on the asphalt as she ripped out of there, siren blaring. She called Penny on her hands free phone. "Penny. Expect one of those exploding messages from Quimby in the next thirty minutes. You're officially on this case. We are a three headed Detective Cerebus. Don't ask. I'll be there in one to compare notes!"

Kara meanwhile, fielded the question. "She takes one hour exercises and they're intense. Daily. We did forty minutes together this morning. Maybe forty-five. Fifteen to twenty minutes after she left. Max."

"Coming back this way. It would've been twenty depending on where..."

Everyone heard Christine's siren approaching and the call interrupted Pat from answering.

Penny listened to Kara's response, taking notes as she spoke. Once she was done she was about to speak again when Christine updated her.
"Yes, ma'am" she replied before turning back to Kara.

Penny tried to keep a serious but friendly look on her face as she spoke. "Sorry, Christine is on her way here, I am sure she will have more information for us. But I have some more questions. How long has she been out as of now? and who all knew she was out for a run?"

Pat looked at the clock as Lenard heard the siren stop outside along with squealing breaks. Seconds later the car door slammed and Lenard counted to three before opening the door.

Pat then answered Penny. "When you knocked, it had already been half-hour." She stated.

Christine came in, "What had already been half-hour?" She looked at Penny. "Fill me in Detective, then I'll fill the rest of you in." She was scowling so badly one would expect her to say, Bah, humbug! at any moment.

"oh, Noel left for what reported should have been a twenty-minute run, and it has been over thirty minutes now" she replied.
"here, you can likely read faster then I can explain it," she said as she showed her the notes she took.
"I was just asking more details about when she left" She added.

Christine sighed just as Penny's regular phone buzzed with a text from Quimby.
"My turn, then. We just found Noel's earphones, don't even, Kara.... I know they're called buds." Kara put her hand down and closed her mouth, Christine continued. "Also one shoe. I thought I recognized it from this morning, but held off until I was handed the earbuds already in an evidence bag. I have already pushed for the APB on a van with a busted headlight. She's most likely injured. We already know there's a pair, and we have reason to believe that the other perpetrator is someone from your graduation class, Penny. These two have paired up for this. I wish you girls had seen the driver, but all anyone has heard is the voice. It's doubtful Louisa is still alive, but according to the MO... Maria and Noel are alive and by now locked up together."

Christine would be right in as much as Maria still alive... For now. Gagged and hands behind her she trembled, her 50s type makeup smeared, mascara running from crying, and her 50s style costume torn in places with bruises all over her, had herself scrunched up in a corner.

The contents from Quimby's message were short and sweet... Or not, depending on perspective: No more special missions until this creep is brought in.... And I want the girls found alive! No your phone won't blow up, but delete msg after sending me a reply that you received. That is all.

Two of the girls... The last two... Maria and Noel had a very good chance of being found alive, still. Provided the trio of detectives piece it together quickly. Which is why they needed Penny to be their third head.

Penny read the text and complied with the orders. "Okay there is one thing I would like if I can have Noel's cell number, assuming she took her cell phone with her, we can try to use location tracking to them as long as the phone is on and location tracker is active," Penny asked.
"I am also going to see if I can spread that APB out to all the auto repair places within the area" As Penny said all this, seeing as she was now on this case she could get into it, she was typing into her computer book. She was hoping that even though they may hunt outside their hideout area, they may keep it a bit closer to repair their vehicle, it could be the mistake they make that gets them caught, they might be desperate if they resorted to hitting their victims in order to take them in.

"Don't worry I think these guys are getting careless, they will slip up and then we will get them before you know it" she tried to encourage them, I just need that number, I already got Maria's number so I am already waiting for a ping from her phone." She explained.

Kara shrugged, but gave Penny the phone number. Christine nodded. "Of course, Canyon already went the garage route. Like minds and all that." She said. "Still and all, a right bonzo idea, luv. Cast that dragnet to the outer corners of the city." She began pacing. "There's still a piece missing. If it does turn out to be Noel's ex named Steve, why team up with someone who would have old information... And how did they get the information about families."

"On top of which, going after me and other now seniors using that information wasn't wise, really. None of us were sixteen yet, two years ago." Kara pointed out. "Heck... My first adult birthday isn't until the beginning of January."

"And the attempt made on Penny herself PROVES that faulty information. And why we suspect a member of the graduation class... Someone possibly burned for not being valedictorian since there can only be one of each gender in the graduating senior class."

Penny took the time to listen to her speak and wrote all the information down. She thought about how all of it lined up and looked at the possibilities.
"I don't know, they seem to have a type, but they don't seem to have any specific targets, no class or even grade. Also, I don't think they ever had family information, none of it was specific that we know, all just general, you parents, your uncle aunt, they could have been guessing," she stated.
"I don't see how he would have known she was going to go out at this time, and why did they decide to try to take another girl so early? Does it mean that either, umm they finished with Maria or, lost her perhaps?" She questioned.

Penny was writing her theories out as she said them, with the other theories she heard being written down as well.
"And now instead of using the invite into the van MO, they run her off the road? was it because they didn't have her information? or was it after their run-in with me they are getting desperate?" She added.

"I don't think it's the revenge thing, I mean if so, why not just go after people from my class, why would they pick up girls near the school if you are looking for people who already graduated? It doesn't add up" she stated. Penny had hoped that not only would talking it out help them perhaps find an answer but would also distract Kara and Pat enough that they might calm down a little.

Pat put up a forefinger. "I was having the same problem, detective, until I remembered that our neighbors right across the street. There's a nosy lot if ever there was. They've lived over there for years, and saw the girls Kara brought home. Tried to break up her and Bonnie, and I still think it off that Bonnie's domineering dad was suddenly shipped to Ohio of all places. Plenty of other, more active airbases all over the country, so why Wright Patt?"

"Considering how out of sorts, Bon-Bon was... What did she call that place they were going to, Middletown, middle of nowheresville, Ohio, as I recall. Even begging you, Dad, to let her move in with us. Which her dad nixed..." Kara folded her arms, clearly unhappy with the memory. "Every freaking time I get serious about a girl.... Wham. Infernal Interference. It's infuriating."

Lenard shook his head, putting his hands up in mock surrender. "Yeah... Bonnie's Air Force dad was scary, Kara. The Shredder kind of scary."

Pat looked at Penny to see what the youngest detective in the city thought of this latest information as Christine rubbed her chin, looking to be in deep thought.

Penny continued to write in her book “Well, we will definitely have to talk with them, if they didn't mean for this to happen, they may be able to help us find a chain of events that leads to our kidnappers." She nodded. Penny wasn't sure how strong of a possibility that was, but something must have to lead them here? Right? She had wished that that lead could actually lead them to catch these people but wasn't super confident about it.

"But still the odds of a local like Bonnie being figured out is much higher than a girl like Noel, she doesn't have family here outside of you folks, right?" She asked not being sure but believed that for when she had investigated her lightly for this case. Penny continued to make notes in her book.
"This is very helpful, is there anything you can tell us about Noel? anything can help no matter how small it seems" She asked.
"If not about her, then maybe about her family or friends? perhaps, someone, she may not have gotten along with? There is a possibility this isn't connected to the other kidnappings, the only real connection is the van, which anyone could have, plus with the MO change, it could be someone trying to pass the blame onto the kidnappers" she suggested.

Christine stopped Penny. "We went over a lot of this when Kara was approached. Against her better wishes we already made her come clean." She shivered. "I'd... Rather not put them through THAT again. I'll update you in my car. What we DON'T have is a more recent photo of Noel."

Lenard held up a forefinger. "Penny. I can send you the picture from this afternoon as well, in her new homemade Slovak outfit, but I need your email, too." Once given both computer book and Christine's phone would alert their owners to the new email with picture... Which was even dated and timed for three fifteen (3:15) that very afternoon.

(I just realized. Noel wouldn't have had time to change out of her new homemade dress!)

Penny stopped as asked by Christine, though she didn't fully get why, after all, asking again may provide new crucial information. She looked at Lenard as he offered the picture and nodded.
"That would be great thank you, was she wearing the same clothes as in the photo when she left?" she asked trying to get back on track.

Pat nodded at first, but then wrinkled her brow. "Well... She did go upstairs for maybe five minutes, but I could have sworn I heard the toilet before I felt her breeze behind me and my recliner to go out."

Kara sighed. "Don't look at either of us, Mom. We were in the kitchen doing dishes... Five minutes? If she wore her exercise pants down prior... Underneath the dress... Remember, Bonnie and I pulled that a lot... All she'd have to do is slip out of the dress and put on a top. Easily can be done... In the bathroom... In five minutes."

"That wasn't exercise pants. That was your bike shorts." Pat said coolly staring at Kara with a look of We aren't having THAT conversation again.

Lenard looked at Kara. "Then tell them what she could be wearing."

Kara described the outfit Noel most likely had on.

Penny listened and nodded as she took down the description as she explained it.
"So we aren't certain what she was wearing, that is okay, we can put out possible outfits if you would like perhaps if you know what outfits she owns, you could look through what is still here and guess using that?" she suggested.

Kara started upstairs. "That would be my department." She sighed. The parents exchanged glances and looked at the two lady detectives.

Within ten minutes, but definitely after five, Kara was back downstairs. "Her yellow outfit." She commented. Same one she had on this morning when we were out for roughly forty-five minutes." Another sigh. "No. I don't have a picture of her in it." She then described it to the one with the computer, who probably could go over the picture of Noel from the afternoon.

Penny nodded and looked back at the parents as they waited for Kara to return. She only looked away to add some more notes to her book and check up on those phone trackers.
Once she returned and explained the suite she was in, Penny nodded. "Right, a yellow jogging suite, I may be able to get someone to edit this photo slightly to have her in it," She said as she looked at her pad.

Once Penny had sent her message out she looked at the Zorel Family. "Don't worry, we will get her back, try and stay positive, and if there is anything else you think of, feel free to contact us at any time" she told them. "Is there anything else before we go?" she asked preparing her stuff, knowing the family must want to talk in private about all this.

Christine stared at Penny. "Quimby probably still has you on a partner thing. Especially now that it's dark. And yes, you still have to be filled in about that past you asked about and I nixed. After I explain, you'll understand. I'll drive you back to the station."

Kara looked at her feet. When she first explained part of Noel's history, it was to Christine Andersen. She felt bad that she betrayed Noel's trust; but now that very information could find Noel... And save her. She still hoped when all was done, Noel would forgive her. She shook her head as Lenard thanked the detectives for what they've done and told Christine to thank Robert Canyon also, which earned him a nod.

Penny nodded and started to leave with Kara, but before she left she wanted to tell them one more thing. "Take care of yourselves, and stay hopeful," She said before leaving with Christine to get the backstory she needed.

Meanwhile....

Noel awoke with pain all over, what had happened? what did she remember happening last? she was running and then, nothing, she was, where was she? Noel looked around as her eyes slowly opened and her hearing started to clear up, she could hear two voices, she felt like she was moving, she was, she was in the back of a Van. Oh, God! They took her! she could hardly move! she was tied up! There were no windows! But she could hear the men talk.

"You Idiot, I can't believe how reckless and stupid you are! I am never letting you drive again!" The Older one barked.

"Oh my god, I know, you said that a thousand times already, I told you I thought this was the one that got away before, Kara, she saw me I think she was the one that got the word out, but now we have two, we can make them last a lot longer this way" The younger one replied sounding excited.

"Yeah? and what about the cop huh? What are we going to do about her? You Fucked this so hard because you got stupid! now we have! to make these two last, we can't risk them finding us" The Older one demanded. "Now shut up! did you search her right? Phone and stuff? you didn't mess that up, right?" He asked.

"We were rushed I turned it off but left it in the back, we can factory reset it later, plus she will be out for a while after that hit. Hopefully, she doesn't die too quickly from it or anything she had a pulse when I check and was breathing and stuff" He spoke bluntly like he had no regard for life.
"You have like doctor training or whatever, right? you can check her better when we get back right? make she doesn't croak?" He asked.

"I was a field medic, I am not a doctor, if she has internal bleeding or something there is nothing I can do, If I was a miracle worker the others wouldn't have died, that's why we need to switch between these two girls, let one heal as we use the other" He explained.

Noel had heard this and looked around for her phone, seeing it on the ground, and although she couldn't access it yet, made sure to hide it in the back seat.

Christine got in the driver's side after loading the bicycle into the back of the cruiser. With a sigh, she started the engine. The normal fall cold rain of the northwest started falling. "So. Why I nixed that..." Christine then expounded to Penny the history of Steve and Noel and the horrors the girl went through. Since Kara never mentioned Noel being in a different facility for a nervous breakdown, Christine next went into details regarding the criminal Steve, which institution he was sentenced to, and the escape that occurred enough weeks prior to coincide with the first disappearance, which was that of Louisa, and all the attempts leading up to this week with the attempts on Kara and herself (Penny), and Maria's kidnapping. "Flashing your badge was probably the smartest thing you could have done in that situation."

"I want to hold out hope for Louisa.... But that was four weeks ago, now. The rash of kidnappings and attempted kidnappings have only been one school. Yours. Maria and Noel are most likely still alive. Now that you know the history, you also know why I couldn't put the Zorels through that again. You also know we have about 30 hours to find Maria, and the 72 hour clock started on Noel an hour ago. Your book thing located those phones yet?" Christine didn't know that only one could give a signal, and time might be running out for it. The other was long since reset to factory.

(If she's still in the van, she's not where Maria is yet)

Penny listened, her stomach turning a little as as she heard the story. She stayed quite during the whole thing, only speaking up when she had finished.
“Wow, I had no idea, well umm, I know we believe that Maria is still alive, but considering they didn’t take Maria until after we believed Louisa was no longer, we also should accept that Maria may also be lost” she suggested, having now heard Christine mention that Maria was alive several times when they had no proof of it.
“And if they start trying again, it may be a show that their time between girls is shortening, which means we may have less time for Noel then we think, especially if it’s the Steve from that story, he seemed like he was after her life, and I don’t see a reason for him to hesitate now that he has her.” She added.

later...

Noel had been trying to free herself from her restraints, regretting knocking the phone out of her current range by hiding it as she didn’t think she had so much time. Before she could however she felt the van stop, and the older one say that he would grab “the girl” Noel closed her eyes and went limp, it may be best if they think she is still unconscious for now, but her heart was racing a mile a minute.

Back
Top Bottom