Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"Make a bed for the schnitzel to sit atop." Pat said noticing what Noel was doing. "Don't forget what was used for the batter instead of water."

Pat herself had pulled out bowls and was ladling soup into them.

"Wow! Smells like your favorite, Dad!" Kara had made her appearance and was holding the skirt of her dress as she danced to her dad's playing. Without missing a beat, Lenard nodded.

"When you're done, put the schnitzel on the plates, and call those two to dinner." Pat said with a nod as she placed the soup at each setting.

Noel paused for a moment to think about what Pat said. It took her a moment but she quickly realized what that meant and made sure it was put into action.

Noel did get a little distracted by Kara walking in and dancing with her skirt in her hands, somehow her heart was a flutter for a moment before she realized she had to keep her mind on her work and got back to it. She nodded to Pat to show she heard her, and a little after expected she had put the schnitzel on the plates and walking into the room. with Kara and Lenard.

”Mr. Zorel, Kara, dinner is served” she gave a bow, her accent sneaking through a little making her sound like a classic comic butler.

Kara giggled. "Remind me to teach you how to say that in Slovak!"

Pat nodded, "Good idea, Kara. Noel, do you think you can solo next Saturday, or would you like to follow and help Lenard?" All the plates were at their tables with the baked dumplings within easy reach, rather the tongs were to grab them. The large pot of soup remained on the stove and on low, with the lid on. Everyone took their seats, but not before Kara said, "I think I like her dress more than my own, although I picked the yellow myself."

Lenard rolled his eyes. "Kara, you only like it because it fits your girlfriend so well. You also liked Bonnie's more as I recall. Which reminds me.... What's this news you have?"

Kara blushed and momentarily looked down. "She misses all of us and can't wait to turn eighteen the beginning of October." Kara said, as she took a bite of schnitzel, choked on the beer batter and ate some soup. "Geez. Keep forgetting a piece of the raw cabbage is to be eaten with the bite of schnitzel..."

"Some girls never learn..." Lenard tutted, cutting a piece of cabbage with the schnitzel. "Raw instead of sauerkraut?" He looked at Pat.

"I'll show Noel how to make that before next week, when there's more time."

Lenard shrugged and nodded.

”Oh! Sorry, I should have known” Noel apologized, joining them at the table deciding to start with the soup. ”Oh umm I could try, though I wouldn't mind if Lenard would be around encased I need some help,” She asked looking at him.

Noel had taken her seat as well, blushing heavily as the others talked about her and her dress, not being used to this kind of attention she was clearly quite embarrassed.

She looked around making a note if how to eat the food starting to cut some cabbage for her first piece. The conversation about Bonnie surprised her. ”Oh, I didn't realize she wasn't eighteen yet” she commented but didn't think much of it at the time.

Noel looked toward Lenard as he commented on the missing portion of the meal. ”Oh, umm sorry if teaching me slowed everything down and we couldn't do that” she apologized feeling bad that the meal was worse because of her it seemed.

”So umm are me and Kara going to clean up after?”

Lenard shook his head and knife at Noel. "Don't be. You needed to learn how things are prepared. Why don't I pick the meal for you to do next Saturday since I have been chosen to supervise." He took a drink. "These meals are probably the most difficult to master, besides... Check the kitchen clock. We sat down to eat... On time. 5:30 pm. You came back from the school at just before twelve. By the time you cleaned up, and started helping prepare, it was noon. Weren't you the one that beat the meat half to death? Took a good four hours for tenderizing four slabs of pork, yes?" He raised his eyebrows, not knowing that with Noel's strength it was less than an hour per 'slab'.

Noel nodded and listened to Lenard speak. ”Umm thanks, and sure does that mean I won’t cook on Thursday? or do I cook both, and do I still pick that meal?” She asked making sure she knew how it worked.

Noel thought about the timeline for a moment as he went through it. “Oh umm it didn’t quite take that long, I think it was closer to three hours, should I have done it for longer?” She asked seeming nervous. “Is it tender enough?”

"You've got Tuesday for what you want to make. Lenard will be keeping his Thursday. He's just going to pick which Slovak dish you make and watch, giving you a hand as needed. Dinner is usually started around ten. That's why you saw me getting things ready as you and Kara left. I waited until you returned for the actual prepping and cooking." Pat explained. "You may or may not need his help, so depending on what he chooses, you may have to start at ten or a little after."

Kara could finally say something. "So, make no plans with Noel next Saturday. Got it."

"Kara and her dad have cleanup duty tonight after supper." Pat said, looking at both.

"Only fair. You had Noel learning the ropes, so to speak." Lenard nodded before returning to his schnitzel.

"heh, oh right I meant Tuesday, and okay, would it be okay if I did Raman?" she asked returning to eat her food as well.

Noel nodded along and listened to the rest of their conversation, she was a little sad that she and Kara didn't get to make plans for the next weekend, but she understood why.

Pat nodded. "Is Asian cuisine all you know? Not that there's anything wrong with that... It just might help knowing that you focus on your strong points on your days to cook... Unless it's Saturday. You know if you wish, you could always shadow any of us to see how the other dishes are made." She offered, knowing Lenard and Kara both wouldn't mind the shadow.

"umm it's more like my Family never ate that stuff and I was always more curious about it, I only started to cook that stuff when I moved out so I am kinda umm excited about it, I can change it up if you prefer though," she explained. "But Either way I would love to Shadow anyone who will take me."

"Plain ol' American tomorrow. Was going to do Italian, but we all agreed Kara's turns out so much better." Lenard remarked. "Already know the soup will be homemade split pea with ham. I haven't decided the main course yet."

Kara, kind of just played a little bit with her schnitzel. Most Italian dishes consisted of pasta and salad. She was almost sure Noel wouldn't want to follow her around. Such boring meals when her parents usually picked fun ones. She heard her mom was going to do Russian for one next week.... Heck, she wanted to shadow her mom on THAT one. She kind of gave Noel a sidelong shy smile as if to say You know how boring mine will be to make...

Noel paused for a moment before realizing she was given an option of who to shadow, of course, Pat's dish did seem the most interesting, though Kara knew if she was able to pick there was really only one choice she would make.

"Well learning different cooking styles is also important, as well as learning different cultures and dishes, and since I cooked with Pat today, I think I would like to cook with Kara, plus if her Italian really comes out so good I would love to see that process" She smiled warmly at Kara before looking toward the others to see how they reacted.

"Darn. Was hoping it was me so you could tell me a good dinner to go with my soup." Lenard said, almost looking like his tongue was firmly in his cheek. "Well.... Kara does almost make something worthy of an eye-talia-ah-no restaurant. You won't be disappointed!"

Kara blushed and finished her schnitzel quietly, kind of giving her dad the look of, Yeah, but would it have any stars.... I don't think it's THAT good...

Noel smiled at his response. "I am sure I would enjoy it regardless, but I am glad that I will also be able to learn something" she smiled.

"So what Italian food are we making exactly? or is that a surprise?" She asked looking toward Kara again.

Kara sighed and looked at her mom. "My original plan is scrapped because of Tabby. It was going to be lasagna. Most the dry lasagna pasta was all over the floor. And half ate... Somewhat. Some did have cat bite marks." Another sigh. "Unless she was after a mouse. She is a pretty good mouser."

Pat tilted her head Kara's direction. "You planned lasagna?" Then she teased, "Wonder who called Garfield!"

Lenard snorted a chuckle before saying, "Not kidding family. I really would like ideas for tomorrow's main course since I plan to put ham in the pea soup. Zorels know how thick and creamy I usually make the pea soup."

"If you left the ham out, you could have the honey roasted ham for the entree." Pat pointed out.

"Do you like penne (Penny)?" Kara asked looking at Noel, trying to think of a pasta they had at the house already. "I mean... Could it work?"

(Did how Kara pronounced it so there could be a possible miscommunication since two conversations going at once.)

Noel was happy as usual to listen to the family talk among themselves, it was like she was watching a tv show she had missed all the previous seasons on. She couldn't help but giggle at the Garfield comment to her lasagna.

Kara asked her if she liked Penny, and at first, she was a bit confused thinking of it as a name.
"Penny? who is.. oh Penne!" She exclaimed "Yea we could certainly try it!" she smiled. "worst-case scenario we can simply make a meat pasta meal" she smiled.

Kara smiled with a nod. "Sounds like we have a new plan that should work then. Italian dinner back on for Monday night with no need to run to the store because of a wayward orange Tabby."

Pat nodded, not hearing all the details, but it had sounded like Kara was trying to find a suitable replacement pasta for her meal on Monday.

With dinner finished and father and daughter stuck on kitchen duty, Pat excused herself. "Thanks for helping Noel, you now have the rest of the night off. I plan on smoking my pipe for a bit, so you can head to your room or check out the garage pantry if you wish. Just don't get involved with those two as you did plenty."

Noel nodded. "If I am not allowed to help, I guess I'll finish the exercise from this morning." She stated. "IS that okay?" she asked.

Pat checked the time. "I don't know about you being out by yourself for obvious reasons." She bit her bottom lip. "Do you have your key? Do you know how to use it as a weapon if need be?" It was obvious that the two cared about Noel as much as Kara did.

"Oh yes I do, umm my father is a martial arts teacher, I also know several different disarming techniques for things like knives and even guns" she nodded. "I mostly specialized in that aspect and submission holds, my small size made striking techniques less useful so I am not great at that but I still have training in it," she told her.

Pat nodded. "Sounds good to me, then. Although aquatinting yourself with where everything is in the garage pantry so you don't need to ask might need to be squeezed into your schedule." She said with a motherly smirk, "Right?"

By the time Noel would get back, the dishes would be done and Kara upstairs in her room, the door open.

Noel nodded with a smile. "Then maybe I will try and make my run quick and look around when I get back" she nodded before changing into her clothes she used to workout and heading out, headphones in her ears as she left.

Fifteen minutes would pass and she wouldn't have returned, then 20, 30 minutes had passed before they had heard sirens in the distance.

Pat was already kicking herself as she heard the sirens. Lenard doing her best to calm his wife down. "I should have never let her leave. Especially considering the attacks on blonde girls at that school." She cried.

Kara came down. "Shouldn't Noel had been back by now?"

(Use Detective Canyon or Quimby or Penny if it's what I'm fearing.)

After another ten minutes, they would hear a knock at the door.
"Hello, it's the police, sorry to bother you but we just need to ask some questions" A voice called from the other side, it sounded a lot like Penny.

Kara decided to run interference for her mom, and trepidatiously opened the door. "Come in detective." she squeaked, allowing the twenty one year old pigtailed blonde to enter. Now she was starting to get worried.

Back
Top Bottom