Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara twisted the scrunchi near the back of her head and came over, giving Noel a hug. "I get it. Like I'm not fully ready to be like the leader... Well, I don't want to use the word dominant... Not really. But, yeah. I get it." With a sigh and glance at the clock, she commented, "Guess we better be downstairs and ready for when Detective Andersen gets here."

Noel hugged her back and seemed to calm down a bit after the hug, though Kara was able to feel Noel's heartbeat through her chest. "Oh right, I don't mean to force you into that role if you aren't comfortable with it" She placed her hand on Kara's arm and rubbed it gently. "You know you don't need to be umm that if you don't want to, right?" she asked before looking up at the clock as well. "Right, we better go make sure we are outside and ready" she gave her a nod and offered her hand so they could walk down together.

Kara took the hand, and they descended the stairs together. Lenard snapped a picture of them as they were about halfway. As soon as they reached the bottom:

HONK!!! WEEEEE-OOOOOOOO!!!

Detective Andersen had obviously just arrived.

Noel didn't seem to notice the photo but jumped a little at the honking. ”Oh! we better get going! By Mr. and Mrs.Zorel” Noel called out waving to them as she pulled Kara with her to go to the detective.

"So long girls. Enjoy the play." Lenard called with a smile.
Detective Andersen pointed to her backseat as she left her siren on the dashboard. "Get in and buckle up. ETA 7 minutes... If traffic is with us."

It wasn't fully. By the time Detective Andersen was parked it was 10:25. Oddly, the drama teacher was outside the main entrance into the school's auditorium.

Noel opened the door for Kara before going around and getting in on the other side, after checking for oncoming traffic of course.

As they arrived they at first noticed the drama teacher standing outside the door, but after a moment also saw that there was a police officer with them.

”Hey, what’s going on? Why are the police here? Is this about those guys?” Noel asked. ”And why is the teacher outside, shouldn't they be preparing the students in the play?”

Kara thanked Noel for holding the door for her and settled into the backseat. Once they arrived, she did a double check to her phone. "Yeah. 10:25. It should be the student ushers who walk us to our seats."

Christine didn't recognize the detective until she got closer. "I don't think this bodes well. Stay in the car. I'll be right back." Grabbing her hat, she exited the car and trotted quickly over.

Christine came back to the car. "Maria, the girl playing the female lead which is ironically also named Maria, never showed up this morning, girls. Guess what. Another blonde, honey blonde, so there's some brown mixed in... But fits with the MO of this case. I'm giving you girls a choice... But be smart about it. I can just take you home... Or you can stay with me for the next few hours, looking for clues here around the school. You'll be surrounded by detectives and officers, but you'll still have to stay in my eyesight. I already told the detective you girls might want to help. Stephanie Wainwright, or rather," she used air quotes "Nancy Drew" she dropped her hands, "already is involved. The drama teacher said she's going over the stage right now with a fine toothed comb." Christine would do accordingly to what Noel says as Kara looked at her in a way of putting the ball in Noel's court.

Noel had listened intently as she explained the situation if this was her ex, she had to stay right? If he was looking for her then this was her fault.
”I umm, I would like to help, but Kara I don't want to force you to stay if you don't want to.” She had turned to Kara, wanting to say what she wanted but not wanting to speak for Kara, the last thing she wanted was to get her in the site of the criminal or criminals.

Noel didn't know how she would be able to help, but even if she was able to help even a little she would stay here all night if needed. She turned to the detective after addressing Kara. ”So should I just assist Stephanie or is there more that I or umm we? Can do?” she asked, wanting to help as much as possible.

Christine scratched her head whilst holding the hat with the same hand. "Sorry, that last part was me. We're going to be searching the grounds for clues to Maria's disappearance. The play was cancelled because an, and I quote, odour unlike any smelt by adolescents, and one most foul, permeated throughout the auditorium with such rapidity that it had them dropping like flies. Whomever didn't pass out from just the noxious aroma, did get quite ill. end quote. Your friend going over the stage was issued a SWAT gasmask and is with a K-9 unit and bomb sniffing dog."

Kara made a face and upturned nose at the description. "Sounds like someone got carried away with school lab chemicals."

Christine nodded. "I told the detective, who would've been called at any rate, the same thing. That was my first guess as well." She looked at Kara and Noel. "Alright. If you're helping, let out, then. Let's go speak to the Chief." As Kara got out the other side and came around muttering about all the drama of late at her school and asked if a tornado was next, Christine led the two girls to a mustachioed man who was maybe five foot, balding, smoking a pipe and muttering under his breath as he looked through some papers. Without looking up, he said in a rather gravelly voice, "What is it, Andersen?!"

"These two wish to help look for clues on the grounds regarding my case, Chief."

"The serial kidnapper. Alright. Just don't start acting like a certain stupid inspector I finally forced into retirement. Why I put up with him for so many years even boggles MY mind. Maybe I knew his niece would do all the competent legwork and was giving her experience... Where is that memo? At least now that she's on the force, those messages don't come back to me! Aha!" He called on a cell, "Detective? Got your secret mission. Come to your high school and meet me in the staging area in the parking lot. Staging area! Right, see you in a few." He saw the three standing there still. "Well? What're you three waiting on? Go look for clues to your own case! Shoo!" He waved with a pushing move to them.

"Right-o, Chief." Andersen saluted. Turning to the girls she said, "We'll start here at the parking lot, no clue too small or seemingly unimportant. Now let's away. The game is afoot!"

Kara liked that. Christine's chief? Not so much, as he could be heard quipping exasperated, "Great. All I need. An Australian Sherlock Holmes!"

Noel kept mostly quiet, she couldn't help but feel terrible about all this, though she didn't see how the smell was related to the missing girl, perhaps it was just a coincidence, maybe some kid used a stinkbomb? As they approached the shorter man Noel was simply staying quiet, listening to the others talk amongst each other, everyone seemed to be pretty nonchalant about this whole thing, a girl was missing and they were here basically cracking jokes, or perhaps she just didn't understand how any of this worked, she had little experience with law enforcement outside of her incident.

Though Noel understood the game-is-a-foot quote from Sherlock Holmes, she also knew that was entertaining because it was fiction and he was hilariously undervaluation of the importance of what he was looking for. But they were not super-genius possible sociopaths, at least she didn't think so.
"Umm right we better start looking around, but what if she was taken somewhere else, like somewhere on her route home?" Noel asked as she started looking around the parking lot and the entrance area, as their search spread out slightly she managed to find her way searching just outside the ground of the parking lot, though she hadn't really noticed that she had wandered so far.

She was about to give up when she noticed a reflection on the curb from the flashlight on her phone, moving in and looking at it, not wanting to touch it, and potentially ruining the evidence. "Hey! I think I found something!" she called out to the others as she got a better look at it. It seemed to be a bracelet charm, it was dirty? or perhaps had something stained on it? Noel hated to think it, but it may be blood.

(right on the outskirts. Ingenious. Well done)

Detective Andersen, and by now Canyon had joined after interviewing the other girls approached, so he as well came running. The way the two cases seemingly crossed paths, the call also brought boys and girls in blue as well as the Chief.

Andersen, wearing rubber gloves, bent down to look closer as she carefully picked up the charm, eying it as she put it in the evidence bag.

Kara shivered and pointed to the corner, maybe half a football field away. "That's where my attempt was..." She whimpered.

Andersen gave her shoulder a squeeze. "We know. You told us."

The chief pulled his pipe from his mouth, pointing it at Noel. "Ever thought of law enforcement, kid? That's fertilizer and some other stuff that we learned was just laid down this morning. I doubt any of my seasoned veterans woulda called that a clue."

"I'd have tagged and bagged it, and came back to it if other leads failed." Canyon admitted. "So would Christine."

Christine shook her head. "Last lead I'd have followed."

A blonde detective with pigtails came running to them. "Chief! White van! Another attempt!" The twenty year old gasped.

"Calm down, Penny! You act like you were the one nearly grabbed!"

"I was! When I flashed my badge they took off at a high rate of speed up High Street."

Christine looked at the Chief. "That's the next cross street. On the other side of the school! Awful brazen to make another attempt so soon. Maria was just grabbed yesterday!" She then faced her fellow detective. "They say anything to you, and did you hear a name?"

Penny sunk to the ground. "Driver said, "Steve, this is too soon. He was told to shuddup with like an eastern accent. Knew my name and said my uncle was in the hospital after being in a bad accident. Anybody who knows MY uncle... Well," she gave a scoffing chuckle and flawless eyeroll.

Canyon groaned as Christine pointed to Kara. "That's what you said! It was YOUR folks! In fact... That's been every attempt! Same MO! Even down to the hair color!"

The Chief looked between his detective and Noel. Back and forth. Twice. "Penny. Stand up. Straight as possible. Andersen, I want you to run your hand over the top of their heads. What's the tallest girl approached?"

"Kara. 5-6." Canyon answered.

"Noel. You and my detective stand back to back. I'm suspecting something here." The chief said looking at Noel. "Canyon. The smallest."

"Louisa who is missing. 5-2." Came the response.

After Noel saw people running over from her call she stepped back to give them room, simply pointing to where the item was until the detective picked it up.

As Kara shivered Noel was sure to grab her hand, interlocking her fingers with hers.

"Law Enforcement? No, I hadn't, but umm maybe that is a good idea, I never really thought about it" she replied partially to herself but was loud enough to be heard.

Noel jumped and her heart started racing as Penny came over freaking out because she had almost been grabbed. As Penny had mentioned the name 'Steve' Noel's face went pale. "Steve!? did he say that name? I..." she froze up, this could really be him, was he looking for her?

Noel snapped out of it as she heard her name, being told to stand back to back with the girl, she did as asked, they ended up standing at the same height. "Umm I am 5-4 if that matters"

"Steve is the name of the kid that I had suspected, the one who escaped from Rockwell Asylum." Noel pointed out. "But why would they use his real name?" she asked seeming a bit confused.

The Chief shook his head and looked like he was really clenching his teeth on his pipe stem, when Christine confirmed they were the same height. "You're right. It's not normal." Seeing his blonde detective take a deep breath, he released her. "Go work on your case." He shook his head. "Lotta commotion happenin' around this school, too. I'm sure you've noticed that, Noel? That's a big clue. Might not be your Steve. Could be he's miles from here and not hunting for you."

"Uh, Chief?"

"Gotta leave that possibility out there, Canyon! Circumstantial evidence is STILL circumstantial! It's not definitive until it's a positive ID by Noel, here. She's also not been targeted and let's keep it that way!" The chief barked.

"What I can't figure out, is how close the resemblance is to her ex."

Penny had stuck around, arms folded. "Chief. I'm not working my case until I see that picture. I'm possibly also.... At 20... The OLDEST targeted blonde. They've all been high schoolers. Just because I LOOK like one, doesn't MAKE me one. Wouldn't Noel's ex know the age?"

Canyon pulled out the picture and showed her. With a sigh, Penny nodded. "That's him."

The Chief pinched his nose. "It's said... Everyone has a doppelganger. Can we try to work that angle as well? Please?"

Kara had hugged and kept holding Noel close as the discussion went along. Even now, she was acting protective of her.

Satisfied, although disappointed at the same time, that she identified her attempted kidnapper, Penny left for her unrelated case.

Noel looked to the Cheif as he spoke only replying once he spoke to her. "I, I don't know there seems to be a lot of conflicting information, the picture, on one hand, and on the other, he knows all the names of the people he is trying to take, or umm they are trying to take." She replied.

As they continued to talk, the chief seemed to be the only one who was trying to push the angle of it not being her ex, despite the appearance and the name. Noel felt Kara hold her and was quick to hold her back, she wanted to protect Kara just as much as Kara wanted to protect her, after all, Kara had already been a target, which scared the crap out of her.

"Umm err, Chief um sir? If it is not the Steve I know, then maybe it is someone from the school? a previous student, maybe one from when Penny attended? umm if she had attended that is" Noel suggested. "Maybe that is how they know all the names if they have like a photographic memory for faces and names or something?" She added, still holding onto Kara.

Kara started thinking of students in the last few years as she mumbled, "Hadn't thought of that..."

Meanwhile the chief just grinned as he held his pipe. "Now, see? She gets it!" He said looking at his detectives. "That's such a splendid idea, that I'll ask Penny myself as soon as she wraps up the case SHE'S on, which will be sometime this evening. She DID attend this school."

Kara sighed. "I think I'm about ready to go home. Besides, you're to follow Mom around to learn all about Slovak cooking." It sounded more like Kara had had enough excitement for one day.

"Oh right, umm well if we think of anything else we will send a message to Christine" Noel nodded, talking to the Chief, reaching down and holding Kara's hand firmly. "If you don't mind giving us a ride back now that is," she asked looking at Christine now.

"Or I guess we could also run back home, we should be safe together right?" she offered.

Detective Andersen huffed in a disapproving way of them going anywhere without at least her. The Chief just gave a side long glance Noel's way with a nod. That would be good enough.

"Car. There's a maniac loose kidnapping teen girls." Christine barked. Seemed to be nothing else upsetting her, as not a word was spoken about calling her by her first name instead of Detective Andersen.

Noel hesitated, she didn't know what to do. "umm, Yes ma'am" she nodded, taking Kara with her and getting into the car.

Last edited:
Chief Quimby sighed as he looked at Christine. "Good thinking. I hate to admit it, but even I'm hesitant to let any of the victims walk to and from school right now."

Christine seemed to visibly balk. "You don't think they'll try again with the ones they've hit already, do you, Chief?"

"At this stage, Andersen? I don't know what to believe anymore. Every target has been a smart student that happens to also be popular. That's gotta be a clue as well. We can discuss it more after you take those two home. Unofficial orders. Use the siren getting them home. Consider it just a suggestion for now."

Christine got in the car, laying her hat, or rather practically throwing it in the seat next to her. She looked back at her passengers. "Welp. To hear my chief. If you've been approached already, your pretty much grounded until these culprit's are captured. I sure don't want to be in Penny's shoes after she solves her case. She insists on biking everywhere. Very athletic minded, that one." The rest of the nine minute drive back to the Zorels was quiet, save the blaring siren. "With what I just told you... If one of your parents can't take you or pick you up, make sure to call me or Detective Canyon. You've seen his Jeep Cherokee, right?"

"I have. Hunter Green." Kara muttered.

Christine made a face before looking at Noel. "Take care o' her, hear? Remember what you promised my chief about calling me or Canyon with any more information, Noel. Sorry the play didn't happen. Thanks for your help. Scoot so I can get back to work." She grinned.

Kara had already been bombarded with questions about the play.

Noel seemed a little concerned at the concept of them going after Kara again, making her feel sick to her stomach at the thought. "Don't worry I will keep her company at home" she smiled. "Oh, biking is very good, actually better for your knees than running, a good idea." Noel's mind wandered in the silence, what if this wasn't the Steve she knew if that was the case, then why here? why so close after she had arrived, what are the odds his name is also Steve?

After hearing they needed a ride Noel spoke up."But so far they had only approached girls that were alone right? if we travel together we should be safe, shouldn't we?" she asked. She looked back at the Detective and nodded. "I will if I think of anything at all I will let you know" she smiled, taking Kara's hand and leading her out of the car. "Let's get inside, we will probably need to explain all this to your parents," she told her, gripping her hand firmly.

Christine nodded. "Right. But think. They went after HER mistaking her for a student. And what did I say the Chief considers ANYONE (she won't be exempt) they've tried to grab. Basically, she's getting a partner whether she needs one or not. If nothing else to chauffeur her around. She's going to HATE that."

Once Christine pulled away, the questions started. "The hell was that about?" Lenard asked. "Detective brings you back siren blaring?"

"Never mind Lenard." Pat didn't seem pleased either, but was much less accusing in tone. "What happened at the school?"

Noel decided to answer, able to see the stress they both had. ”They were looking for clues to two different crimes, one was a small thing, probably a prank the other was the guys who tried to pick up Kara before. They even tried again with a girl that was there, so they sent us home for safety, but we are okay” She tried to explain as calmly as she could.

Lenard couldn't let it go. "What kind of prank would get the police involved?!"

It was Kara's turn to answer. "One that would stink so badly, that it would knock people out and send everyone else running out sick as the proverbial dog. It was so bad they had to wear gasmasks in order to look for clues."

Pat shook her head. "Almost sounds like the gases emitted from a volcanic eruption. But that would have left everyone dead. Asphyxiated. Go to your room and relax, Kara... You're home now. Noel, wash up and meet me in the kitchen for your lessons on traditional fare. We'll be cooking Lenard's absolute favorite traditional meal for supper tonight. I also have a surprise for you, but later."

Noel listened in, happy that she was going to let Kara relax before turning and addressing her. ”Oh right away” she nodded, going up to Kara and giving her a hug. ”Just relax we are safe here” she gave her a squeeze and left. She quickly moved to wash up before dressing in more comfortable clothing and making her way back down to the kitchen. ”Okay Mrs. Zorel, I am ready to learn! You know at one point I thought about becoming a chef by profession, but my family was against it” she told her, wanting to make conversation, she was clearly nervous.

Pat smirked. "Well, around here, it'll be expected of you to be some kind of chef." She pulled out a head of cabbage and the pork cutlets that had yet to be tenderized (beat soundly). "Seeing as you may already know the basics, I'm going to give you a choice of washing the cabbage real well... and I mean scrubbing it, basically. Or tenderizing the schnitzel."

Back
Top Bottom