Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel seemed a little sad for a moment before recovering. "Of course" She smiled and gave a nod. "It will give me a good chance to really push myself running back here, I haven't been able to do that in a while." She smiled "Also umm Kara, there is something I have been wanting to talk to you about" She said in a bit of a somber tone as she looked down at her oatmeal.

Kara gulped. It almost sounded like bad news was coming and she took a deep breath. Was Noel ready and she missed the signs? Did she say something wrong? Rubbing the back of her neck, Kara finally managed an "okay?"

"well, do you remember when I told you about my ex, everything that happened the last time I saw him?" she asked still looking down at her oatmeal, stirring it and lifting it up with her spoon before letting it fall back into the bowl.

Kara put her spoon down and pushed her oatmeal bowl away, more to the center of the table. She bit her lower lip. "Why do I have a feeling I'm really gonna wanna be really Supergirl?" She whimpered as she recalled about how Noel got the scar.

"Oh umm don't stop eating on my account." She shook her hands in front of herself. "I umm, it's just after that incident there was a bit more story I didn't get to, and umm, I was kinda worried to tell you because it umm it's kinda embarrassing, but umm, both he and I ended up institutionalized afterward, after we got out of the hospital that is, I umm, I got out and came down here to get away from everything and he should still be locked up" She explained placing the key she got for their house on the table between them. "I wanted you to know encase, you umm, didn't want a crazy person to have a key to your house, I umm, I would understand," she said in a somber tone as she pulled her hand away from the key now on the table between them.

Kara sighed with relief and looked at the key and then Noel, doing that back and forth a couple of times. Finally she shook her head, and pulled her oatmeal back in front of her. "Wow. You really had me worried there for a bit. Like he had tailed you or something. Put that back on your keyring, Noel. My folks trust you." Now that she saw what Noel was upset about, she was having none of it. "Don't sweat the small stuff, my dad always says. Wish I'd get that through my thick skull." She began finishing her oatmeal.

Noel let out a relieved sigh and took the key back, placing it on her keychain. "Thanks, I wasn't really worried about saying it, but still you know, it's still kinda unnerving to admit out loud" She stated continuing to eat her food as well. "I am really happy that I met you, I can't imagine anyone else would have been so understanding, and I umm, I hope he didn't tail me, I came here to kinda escape him" she added.

Kara swallowed before waving the spoon at Noel. "Only one other non-blood family member ever got a set of house keys. You're in rare company. Probably the rarest of company." Kara finished her oatmeal without another word, but did give Noel a smile.

"oh wow really?" she blushed looking at the key wide-eyed. She stared for a few moments before her hand started to shake and she began to breathe a little heavily. "that is kinda intense, I umm, I don't deserve anything like that" she placed the key down seeming a little worried.

Kara took the bowl to the sink to rinse. "Sure you do, Noel. I've told you my history. What other non relation do you think could possibly have gotten, deservedly, a key to the house?" She held out her hand as she came over. "Because there's only one other person who would qualify."

Noel picked up her own bowl to do the same with one hand and reached out and held Kara's hand with her other. "umm who?" she questioned not knowing who she was talking about.

"Bonnie Rockwell." Kara sighed sadly squeezing her hand gently. "Before she moved away, she gave her keys back, because she didn't know when she'd ever get back here."

The only other person Kara had been serious about.

After taking a quick breath, the two would lock up... Kara checking to see whether the key would work. "It should, but better safe than sorry."

As Kara stepped outside she saw what seemed like a car driving away at a regular pace. For some reason, though her first instinct was it was just passing by as they walked out it seemed a bit off. Noel had felt bad that she had brought up Bonnie and went a little quiet for a bit after mentioning it. Until they were testing her key "hey umm sorry for bringing all that stuff up, I umm, thank you for opening yourself up to me, and umm letting me in like this I know it can't be easy for you. But I promise you that I umm... I do really have feelings for you, and I would never do anything to hurt you." She told her, holding her hand lightly and looking into her eyes.

Kara hadn't noticed anything peculiar about the car speeding away as she barely glanced up. "Watch out in the alley. Mr. Marley's probably late for work again!" She quipped upon hearing but not seeing the vehicle.

"Works fine. Let's get to school." She handed Noel her keys back.

(Glad you got plans, cuz I'm stumped. If they're after Kara, her way home needs to be blocked so I know what I'm doing :) )

Noel took the keys and placed them on her chain again. "Heh right, we better get going, oh so umm you are heading home early on your own right, and I'll meet you there after practice right?" she asked as they started to walk.

Kara nodded. "That's the plan, ma'am." She said quietly. "I need to leave as soon as school lets out. My homework is definitely going to be waiting until after supper, since I'm in charge of fixing it."

That afternoon, Kara would be ten minutes after the bell before heading home on a breezy but clear afternoon.

Noel was a bit sad they would not walk home together but of course understood and gave her a nod with a smile. She then went on to ask Kara more questions about comic books, a conversation they would likely have till needed to split up for classes.

As Kara walked home a van pulled up beside her and the door opened, an unfamiliar black hair blue eyed man poked his head out. "are you the Zor'el girl?!" He asked seeming in a rush. "Your parents sent me, they are in the hospital, hurry up get in!" he gestured for her to get into the van, the sliding door wide open for her.

Kara always proved to be no dummy, and looked at the stranger surprised. If either was conscious.... They would mention the code. "What's our emergency code?" Kara asked, eyebrow raised but with a worried look on her face. If this was legitimate, it would be a two part answer. One associated with the X-Men and the other associated to her current character she cosplayed.

"Code? They didn't give us one, they must have forgotten with the shock of the crash" He replied as he took one step outreaching his hand toward her. "Hurry we should get going" He told her, but kept most his body inside the van.

Kara decided to check via back up plan if this was a trick, still. "Which vehicle was involved?" It was extremely within realm of possibility that her DAD would forget, but not her mom.

"Oh I am sorry I don't know I think it was your fathers but I can't say for certain" he replied looking around for a moment. "We really must hurry"

Kara stopped, and made a sidestep farther from the curb. "Not going anywhere with you if you can't even tell me which one. That neither of them would have forgotten." She called her Dad who hadn't answered yet, as she took off for a dead run. Quickly, she sent a message to Noel. "I'm sending Mom to pick you up at school. If a van with a raven haired blue eyed man comes in a van.... You've already getting a ride. Stay inside until you see Mom's car. He just tried with me. He failed the tests." As she ran home, her mom answered her dad's phone. "Mom! We've got a problem..." She quickly filled her in. "Yeah. I warned Noel. I'm going to be home in a few... I hope."

As she took off and started to text while running she heard the sound of the van door slam shut then quickly start driving, thankfully it was away from her and not chasing.

Noel was in practice and did not have her phone on her, though after Kara had made it home and had been there for some time she finally read the message and immediately sent a message back to Kara.

"Are you okay!? What happened!?"

She then went out front to look for her mothers car, once she had seen it she would get in and thank her for picking her up, asking if she knew anything about what Kara messaged her about.

Pat explained that Kara had ran across a person in a van, and told Noel that despite Kara's brave front, she was very scared currently, and explained to Kara to give Noel a full description as well.

When they got home, Detective Robert Canyon was still filling out some paperwork in his unmarked car. The Sons of the Pioneers could be heard as well as the smell of the beef and baked beans emanating from the kitchen. A cactus with a bloom sat as the centerpiece for the kitchen table, and Kara was dressed as a old time western cowhand complete with Stetson, boots, chaps and spurs. The only difference was her jeans were hugging her hips just a little more than one would expect. "Howdy, pardners. Vittles jus' 'bout done! Warsh up!"

He shook his head. "I'm sore tempted to join you for dinner. Your daughter definitely knows her way around a chuckwagon!" He exclaimed.

Lenard just shook his head at Noel as if to say 'don't ask'.

Screenshot_20200527-214642.png

Noel smiled and nodded her head. "Right I should go get cleaned up then," She said, seeming a little unsure about how relaxed everyone was after what had happened. but left to get ready for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom