Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel's head darted between each person as they spoke, just giving little smiles and nods as they looked at her. Which, she seemed to get what the plan was and what was going on. Though she didn't really like it all, feeling like everyone was putting themselves at risk for her.

Candy had just finished her oatmeal, and washed out her bowl and spoon. She must have seen something as she wiggled her forefinger to Noel in the typical "follow me" while simultaneously announcing, "Jeff I'm going upstairs to get my purse." She looked at Noel. "Can you give me a hand? Last time I left it unintended, Tabby had knocked it off the bed and it was all but under it."

Kara snorted. "Yup. That sounds like something she'd pull... Especially in the morning."

Lenard and Pat smirked and rolled their eyes as both nodded.

Penny remarked about that being why she owned a dog. At least they could be trained to leave the stuff alone. Every cat she ever met always did as it pleased. She then went to find out what she was to help her boss with. Captain Wainwright started babbling electronics that only a fellow electrician would understand... Or a genius like Penny.

Noel had just finished her food as well and followed Candy to wash out hers as well.
"Oh yeah of course." She nodded agreeing to follow Candy up and help her should she need it.

Though Jeff listened he was not able to fully follow along with the electronics talk. Did they really suspect that he was able to hear them somehow?

Candy went in to her borrowed room, which was really Noel's and sighed. The purse had ended up on the floor and Tabby was playing with the strap trying to drag it under the bed. Picking it up, she sat it back on the bed and sat down next to it. "I saw your expression down there. I know what the police are doing. Calla must like you as a friend, otherwise she wouldn't pretend to be you." She rubbed her face. "Don't be discouraged or worried... Whatever you may be feeling. Calla wants to do it. Any of us that have met you. She just happens to be your size. That girl knows a few different types of martial arts as well. She can take care of herself. You'd have to get up awful early to get the drop on her, anyway. See, this is what true friends do. They'll risk your lives for you. Come on, let's go back downstairs." She said, offering a hug after rising.

Candy grimaced. "Of course you're worth it. Whoever told you that line, or taught it must think so little of themselves, that they had to belittle you to make themselves feel better. Dad, who can't sing to save his life, but supports the rest of us... A wife three daughters, a son, and two cousins... Has a saying. People who have to belittle others just to feel important need more than just their pianos tuned." She shrugged. "I think I get the gist. How about you?" She led Noel out and closed the door partway, noticing that Lenard and Pat's was. "When in Rome... I think that's to let anyone here know that they're out."

Noel shook her head.
"Nobody taught me that, I just, I don't like to be a nuisance" She admitted.
"But, thanks, I think I know what you mean"

Candy grimaced again. "You're not a nuisance." She shook her head. "I half want to take you with Jeff and me, but I don't think you wanna go anywhere without Kara." It was proof that the pop star didn't buy into all the garbage Noel believed about herself. "And as my oldest sister would say, "If no one else honestly thinks you're any kind of problem, you saying you are, is just stinking thinking." They would be downstairs by the time Candy finished, where she'd pat Noel on the back.

Kara was taking that moment to wind Big Ben, who started chiming the hour of ten.

Noel smiled at her response and at the pat. She looked at Kara and nodded to Candy.
"Yeah, I do not want to leave her, not for a moment." She whispered with a blush.

Candy came over to Jeff just as Big Ben started bonging, and the cuckoo made itself known. "If I want some brown pumps instead of these, although silver iridescence does look sharp, we gotta get so we'll have a parking place down near the record place. You said we gotta be there at hour and a half before? That's 11:30. Shoes and lunch."

Lenard nodded, "And we have to get down to Pike Market, before all the good fish is gone."

Pat nodded, and asked, "How many pounds you think you need, Noel? We're feeding eight, but it's your recipe."

Jeff nodded at Candy's request.
"We should have time for that, just need to be quick."

"Oh umm, I am not great with amounts, I can adjust the amount I make based on how much you bring back. So I guess however much you think is the proper amount?"

"Make it for twelve pounds." Lenard said. "Just in case we have a repeat of yesterday. I liked the idea of no leftovers, seeing as Chris took the rest of the vegetables and what little there was of the entreé. Hope she got all her paperwork caught up she had to do. Calla, if that's what you're going by now, you're the oldest, you're in charge." He then hugged both of his (as Noel was considered family), as did Pat.

"It is, and yes sir." The redhead said with a salute.

That only left the "cable workers" there.

Calla just smirked. "That depends on you, really, and whether you have the marinade completely ready for Pat when they come back. I was thinking of just sitting in the living room with us all together and talk. Time usually flies with good conversation."

Penny and Wainwright were nearby, with the front door open. "I don't see anyone. I thought I saw something on my infrared, but it's gone now." She whispered to the Captain.

"If he's smart, he won't try anything with the cable people right here. You're smarter than that." Wainwright scolded quietly as he began hooking up the hidden camera that would act as a TV camera that had to be turned on from inside.

"Getting a signal, oop, lost it." Came the recognizable voice of Robert Canyon.

"Well, that's one, Cap, It's working on my end." Christine Anderson said. "Yeah, nah. Just lost it."

"Maintain radio silence, you two. When I ask, tell me."

Noel nodded.
"Yeah that will be quick to prep but I might as well do that now. Then I can join the rest of you in talking?" Noel offered not sure what else she was to do.

"Makes sense. Mom and Dad will be back around two, maybe sooner, since she's cancelled the salon. I just hope my cod and tilapia come back boneless, because I'm breading them. Cornmeal, lemon, pepper... Making sandwiches... Sort of. Even the tartar sauce is homemade. Well... Will be. I'll probably make it during tonight's clean up."

"If not I don't mind helping de-bone if needed, I know a few tricks where you can get like all the bones at once." Noel offered with a smile as she grabbed the ingredients needed for the marinade.

Kara winced, "But you're cooking today. Well, I suppose if you're just doing the help with deboning... I think Calla's supposed to be my assistant."

Calla couldn't help herself. "I don't know nothing about deboning no fishies!"

"Well honestly there is not much I need to do for my cooking, let fish marinade, then let fish cook, a lot of waiting in there," Noel explained.

Kara smirked at Calla's remark. "I guess that's true enough."

Stephanie asked, "Why two different fish?"

Kara shrugged, "In case someone didn't like tilapia. It was Mom's idea. Take it up with her."I

"I do prefer cod to Talapia myself, but I am okay with both. Oh! and if you end up with extra cod there is another meal we can make, where we mix it with potatoes and stuff." Noel replied adding to Kara's statment.

Calla interjected, "With fish so high, won't Pat be getting only so much, anyway, wouldn't it all get the cornmeal breading?"

Kara nodded. She then looked to Noel. "And therein lies the conundrum, Noel. The fish may already be breaded. What I mix to put on the fish has to be used up. We don't like to waste, here."

"Oh no, I mean nonbreaded, you definitely don't want breaded fish for the recipe I was thinking of, perhaps I will save it for another meal." She explained holding her hands up defensivly.

Kara felt bad and gave her a hug. "Okay, next time. When you do fish again, you might ask for cod, and I'll even be your assistant that night. Calling dibs now!"

Stephanie and Calla both got a laugh out of that.

Back
Top Bottom