Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel ate quietly as the others talked, knowing she could not do dishes as she was up to cook the next day. Only coming out of her eating trance when Kara touched her shoulder. She turned to her and gave her a smile before leaning toward her slightly.

As everyone finished the main course, Christine popped up with, "I can almost guarantee that the chief, ah, I mean Captain Wainwright, hasn't eaten all day, might I have some to take to him?"

Lenard raised an eyebrow. "If you wanted some to take for yourself later, you only had to ask, Detective." He smirked. "I know Stephen's wife probably will bring him something, if he's pulling one of his all-nighters."

Chris blushed as she realized she was caught. "Yes. Thank you. That was actually pretty good. The bacon soaked in the syrup before you fried it, didn't it?"

Candy chuckled and nodded. "There was no dessert made, since we had breakfast for dinner. I mean, what do you make for dessert with this? Especially, since it also had a sweet taste?"

"Whoever is finished, may be excused." Lenard said, rising himself. He was pretty sure everyone was as Stephanie's plate was empty and she was dabbing her mouth.

Christine arose, got her coffee cup and got a refill and said to Noel, can Rebecca and I visit with you?"

Rebecca was right behind Christine for coffee, herself.

Kara would nod towards Noel, as if to say it was okay to talk to Chris and Rebecca, as Kara figured after grabbing what was left of her Coke and coffee from the refrigerator, she could join them. Depending on what Noel did, Kara would actually be the first one in the living room.

Noel would agree although after a moment of hesitation. She looked to Kara in the living room before back at them.
"Where would we go to talk?"

Rebecca, rubbing the back of her neck, stated, "Well, Lenard and Kara are aware of what's going on, Jeff's your brother, Candy's probably seen it all before, if not lived it herself, so that only leaves Calla. If you're comfortable enough around her, than the living room works."

Candy made a face. "I'm not THAT much older than her! One year... Give or take."

Noel blushed lightly, not sure if Calla could hear or not. "Yeah umm, that is fine." Noel agreed and would follow them into the living room if they went there. Though if they had decided to make it somewhere that was private. Either way, Noel was not too sure of what they wanted to talk about, but she didn't want anyone to feel left out or that Noel didn't trust them, though mainly she didn't want to leave Kara.

Christine took one corner, and Rebecca the other, allowing the two girls to sit in the middle of the couch. As soon as everyone was seated, she began. "Although I also want to visit while I let dinner settle before driving to the precinct, I was a bit concerned about how you were looking, as you talked to your friend. At least she bought what you were saying. If you've been down this path before, we need a heads up on how to proceed. Please."

Kara had a look on her face that pretty much silently screamed that she was now aware she missed something the detective saw, and wondered if Steph had missed the same thing. She offered Noel a grimacing shrug, as she was completely clueless as to the point of the question.

Noel sat on her place on the couch and looked at them as they spoke to her, questioning her about her past experiences.
"Oh, umm, well, last time. I was also told there was not a chance for a counter lawsuit but ended up... You know." She looked down at her legs as she fiddled with her fingers.

Christine looked over to Rebecca, sitting on the other side of Kara, who took one of Noel's hands in both of hers and caressed it with the top one.

Rebecca grimaced, "This was before you met any of us, right? I'm not sure I do know."

Even Chris was perplexed. "I'll have to go over the case file again, but remind us?"

(If this was mentioned in the group RP, that's lost info, thanks to a selfish GM)

(I think it may have been)

Noel blushed at her presumption, giving Kara's hand a light squeeze.
"Oh, I umm, I meant the case against Steve, I was sent to the hospital..."

Chris nodded and patted Noel's shoulder. "Say no more. Different set of circumstances. What we're referring to, they can TRY to bring your mental health into it, but..."

"I'll object every single time, because your mental health has no bearing on what they did. They weren't worried about your mental health while they were committing the crime, they can't push it now." Rebecca said straightforward. It was obvious if the defense pulled that crap, she was going to push back with the facts, harder.

Christine nodded and took a sip of coffee. "How are things with you and how's everyone getting along, off the record... I did say I wanted to visit. Do any of the professional sports interest anyone?"

"We try to catch some futbol once in a while, just to watch." Kara shrugged.

Christine didn't listen to how the word was pronounced. "Oh, the Seahawks? Think they'll make the playoffs?"

Kara shrugged, "That's not the futbol I mean. I also like the Storm, but haven't followed them much with all the real life drama."

Rebecca tutted Christine. "I didn't think she meant American football. Here I thought you were true blue."

"I am true blue. I don't think of soccer, as it is known here, and even then, I prefer my footy to it... An' before ya ask, that's Australian Rules Football. Faster paced, more free flowing." She then turned to Noel, "Sorry, luv, not leaving ya out on purpose. How are you getting along with everyone?"

Noel looked at the others as they talked nodding along as she didn't expect that she would be sent back to the hospital, though it was nice to hear.

Once she had something directed at her she spoke up.
"Oh! umm everyone here is great, I feel I am able to be more open and, that I can express myself more than ever before. But umm, about the case, I was more worried about unforeseen things. Like I never expected the mental illness claim last time. And now I am worried about what else I might not be thinking of." She tried to explain.

Rebecca shook her head. "Don't worry about that. You let me handle the hard part, and that includes anything unforseen. This will not end like last time."

Christine tried to redirect Noel into just visiting. "D'ya have a favourite team you root for?"

Noel nodded to her, hoping that she was right.
"Oh umm, not really. I guess whatever team Kara is rooting for I will root for as well. That is what I did with my family before."

Lenard couldn't help himself and Jeff might actually agree with him.

"Last I looked, Noel, although it doesn't seem like it lately, this is still America where you can have your own opinions and like the team you want to follow. You don't have to like the same team we do. You have your own mind."

Chris smirked and gave Noel a wink before addressing Lenard, "And if she decides to root for the Women's National Australia team in FIFA?"

Pat let out an "Oi!" from the kitchen.

Lenard shrugged with a smirk. "Nice try Detective, but she'd be rooting for the same team Pat does! It'd still be allowed. Noel is free to pick her own team."

Chris shrugged at Noel. "As you stated. More freedom. You don't have to like the same teams they do."

Noel smiled and shrugged.
"I mean if I am being honest, I don't really care about any of the sports. Like if one team wins over the other it doesn't affect me, so I never got the point. But I know others care and I want to see the ones I love to be happy, and if a certain team winning means they will be more happy, then I will cheer for them." She admitted

Kara patted her hand, "That's fine, too. In fact, if you don't feel like watching a sporting event, don't feel you have to just because you had to growing up. I mean, ever since I started watching the Storm... That's why I have my own TV. My parents don't want to sit through any WNBA games, but I should be allowed to watch them if I want."

Lenard continued the thought. "There's a TV in every bedroom. Candy and Jeff have probably found the one in yours, that they're borrowing, if you hadn't pulled it out of the closet yet. There's also one in my home office, that when I don't need it, doubles as a TV room. That's why there's so many choices on classic TV in there. With four places to go for four different things at the same time, you can still do what you want to do."

Chris again shrugged at Noel. "You were doing just because that's the way you're used to. I've noticed something about the living room here. Books on a bookshelf, chairs, two sofas, coffee table, end tables, small lamps, a floor lamp... An entertainment center with a stereo, CD player, many, many CDs, and a table lamp on it, but missing something you'd usually find there. Looking around... There's also a big clock, a cuckoo clock on the wall, pictures, paintings... But I'll let you say it... What's NOT in the living room that is in almost any other?" Christine had mentioned all the furniture in the living room as well as some amenities.

Noel shook her head and shrugged.
"I don't mind watching sports. In fact, I really like it. When I see others get excited about a team then I also get excited with them, like an umm, Sports enjoyment vampire I guess?" She tried to explain.

She then looked to Chris and shrugged.
"I don't know, should it be obvious?"

Rebecca couldn't help herself as she leaned back and laughed heartily. "Touché Le Pussycat Gendarme!" She laughed in a very believable French accent.

Chris nodded with a grin, also thinking Noel was having sport with her, "Oh, it's as plain as Jimmy Durante's nose!"

"Or Bob Hope's." Lenard added. "There's a reason we don't have one in the living room, and I'll mention why as soon as Noel says what it is."

"Yep." Kara chirped. "It's as obvious as Clark Gable's ears what we don't have in here, but IS in everyone's bedroom."

"Good one! I forgot about Gable's elephant ears until you said something, Kara!" Candy giggled, gently nudging Jeff as she sat on the arm of his chair. "Every cartoon he's in makes fun of those ears!"

Lenard tilted his head as Stephanie and Pat came in the living room. "I did? So... You think the only reason was because everyone has one in their respective rooms? My dear Noel, it's A reason, but not THE main reason. Traditional dancing on Saturdays, the same. It's A reason. No, the MAIN reason, I don't remember giving, and if Pat or Kara told you already, wonderful. But it's to create what's going on right now... With no distractions. Conversation between family, friends and guests. A chance for everyone to visit."

Candy looked to Jeff. "I actually like the idea, maybe we should implement this ourselves, as long as everyone has their own TV in their own rooms. Might cease some of the bickering we had at the old house. More communication between band members."

Noel shook her head.
"Well maybe not you specifically, maybe it was Kara. Or maybe it was what I assumed and was just in my head. But that is what I presumed, it was to encourage talking amongst each other and to not distract during dinners." She replied.

Jeff nodded along.
"Yeah that sounds like a swell idea to me"

Kara shrugged. "I probably did, but moreso in passing, like gave the reason we communicate more. Or something."

Chris and Rebecca both nodded with Rebecca the one to say, "And the fact that you guys communicate with each other, was why I told Chris on the way over here, that once business was finished, we should visit for a bit."

Christine looked at her watch. "We can for a little longer, if either of you young ladies want to ask questions you normally wouldn't be able to."

Kara looked like she was thinking of something, yet seemed hesitant to ask. That left it to Noel to ask either a non-case related question.

Calla, meanwhile, nodded. "The only argument I ever got into over the living room TV, was when Antwan started playing his trumpet while the rest of us were trying to watch Pretty in Pink, during our girls night in female bonding. Wendy and I wanted to shove it someplace where he'd literally toot everytime he farted."

Candy shook her head, grinning, as did Christine trying hard not to laugh, Candy replied, "Then I sent Betty to ask him to shut his door. After all, he was in his room."

Stephanie couldn't help herself. She did giggle, turning red from laughing so hard.

Even Rebecca couldn't help a grin.

Jeff also gave a chuckle while Noel looked at Kara seeing that she had something on her mind.

"Kara was there something you wanted to ask?" She whispered.

Kara gave a grimace. "I dunno if I should ask... It could kinda be embarrassing... For them... Maybe. I dunno. I mean, this is a golden opportunity for you, too... Unless Detective Anderson isn't your favorite of the detectives. Mom might be able to answer questions about Australia."

Back
Top Bottom