Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Calla, not realizing that getting Noel to be more assertive was what the Zorels were trying to do anyway, tutted at Noel. Kara and Stephanie were getting back in the boxing ring, not knowing there was now no need with the first being declared a tie, "Just come over here and pick. You'll probably be waiting an hour if you don't. Those two are going to decide for themselves who's second best to us." She blinked as both took boxing stances, and neither put on gloves. "Bare knuckle boxing, guys? Have you both lost leave of your senses?" Stephanie waved Calla off, and Kara just glanced over unamused. "Fine. Whatever. When you have both your hands hurting, don't come crying to us!"

Kara tossed Stephanie the other boxing helmet, and the teen just nodded and put it on. They would start their round jumping around like a couple of jackrabbits trying to psyche each other out.

"Starbucks. Good choice. The other two will have one of each left." Calla nodded. Although she wasn't fooling anyone (hopefully), she would have thought leaving both Starbucks coffees for the two in the ring was a good move.

Seeing that hopping and dancing around didn't psyche the other out, the two girls approached and started trading blows, but in typical sparring fashion.

Noel took some sips but tried to save most of hers for when the others finished. That way if they both wanted Starbucks she could give hers to Kara and it will still be mostly full.

The two sparring would continue to go undetected until a sickening sound of a connecting gut punch and Stephanie crumples, holding her upper abdomen, gasping.

Kara threw off her helmet, and pulled Steph's off, "I thought you were going to try to block that! I'm so sorry! It was only supposed to be sparring! Noel, get your brother!"

Stephanie is wincing but catching her breath slowly (no hospital needed), but it'll be a while before she can rise from her sitting position.

Noel ran to her and checked her out, she actually being the nurse of the family other than her mother. Helping to treat her brothers and her own wounds.
"He isn't here today, he had to leave to take care of some things. But I have you." She told her coming to the proper conclusion as she had seen this and worse before.
"Just stay sitting or gently lay down if you need for a little, you should be okay, nothing is broken. It might be bruised at worse."

"But Noel... I uppercutted her right in her diaphragm!" Kara whined worriedly, forgetting how much Noel knew.

"I... Trust... Fire.. cracker." Stephanie managed. "Water."

Calla ran up the stairs and almost into her boss lady. Candy was still unpacking the steamer. "Hey sorry. Steph needs water."

Pat looked concerned. "I sent enough drinks down there... Uh uh used a bottle in the fridge. Candy will be starting dinner in about an hour or so."

"She and Kara were sparring and Kara uppercut into her diaphragm. She conscious and asked for water. Noel's with her." Calla explained hurriedly, and raced back down, giving the water to Stephanie.

Pat called down from the top step, not knowing that the two hadn't been using gloves, which was probably a good thing. "Noel, what kinda bruising does Stephanie have? Those gloves can do some damage even in sparring."

Now would be the time to tell Pat about them going bare fisted sparring.

Pat sighed and nodded. "Bare fist. Okay. Keep an eye on her. She starts vomiting let me know..." At that moment, Stephanie choked on her water and spit it up because she drank it too fast. "And that didn't count. Sip it, Stephanie, sip it. You just took a blow to the stomach. Calla, come up and get a few more waters for her and put them in the cooler down there."

Calla was up and down in no time. Meanwhile, Kara continued to pout, keeping an eye on Stephanie, too.

"It's okay Stephanie this and worse happened all the time when my brothers would train. It will pass soon." She tried to comfort her, not noticing Kara at the moment as she was distracted.

Listening to the words and sipping from the bottle, Stephanie seemed to be more with it after another five minutes. "Okay. Think I'm ready to come out of this ring of fire." She teased scooting towards the edge where she could just slide under the ropes. Being a mini ring also meant one could step in and out fairly easier. Stephanie, being 5-8, might even be able to touch the basement floor from her sitting position on the ring's floor.

Kara apologized for like the umpteenth time to Stephanie for the gut punch, causing the other girl to roll her eyes.

"It's fine, Kara, I'm not going to call my daddy on you. I wasn't paying attention to what you were doing."

"Not the smartest move in a brawl Stephanie, for both your and Kara's safety you need to keep your mind on your opponent at all times," Noel explained the obvious, standing by encase she needed something.

Stephanie did need something. A shoulder as a "crutch" to get up, after a few deep breaths after getting on her feet, although slouching more for Noel's correction, Stephanie nodded sheepishly. "I'll remember that next time. Man, I don't dare try to drink anything stronger than this water, and I so wanted the Starbucks ice coffee."

Kara popped open the chest and pulled out the other Coke and coffee. "I forgot I asked for these last month and never drank them yet. Glad we got them drunk up today." She tasted it, made a face, and gave a wide eyed look. "Wow! Caffeine in that will kick ya in the shorts!" She smacked her lips and commented. "I think I like it!" Earning herself a chuckle from the redhead that was naturally Noel's height (Calla).

Noel happily acted as a crutch for her, taking on as much of her weight as she needed her to.
"Hehe, I have plenty of my drink left Kara if you want that, that way Calla can have the coffee once she recovers if she wants."

Kara raised an eyebrow. "I asked mom for these... I just forgot she got me some. I'm gonna have to see about getting some more. These Coke and coffees aren't bad."

"I took the other anyhoo." Calla said, raising her bottle. "Steph just said she'd have wanted the Starbucks, and that's what's left. Although I would highly advise against letting her have a coffee... Even a cold one, right now."

Noel shook her head. "I didn't mean right away, I mean save it for later. Maybe keep it cold in the cooler or fridge. I just feel bad." She tried to clarify.

Stephanie settled at the side of the wall. "Now, don't you start, Firecracker. You didn't lay a fist on me. You have no reason to feel bad." She looked pointedly at Kara. "And neither do you, Supergirl. You apologized umpteen times, already. As Gloria Gaynor sang in the disco era... I will survive."

Noel blushed at the misunderstanding.
"Oh! I mean, I feel bad that just cause you are hurt you might miss out on the one you would have wanted to pick. Not so much for the hurting, that was just an accident." She tried to explain.

Stephanie couldn't help but smirk. "Sorry, Firecracker, looks like I misunderstood."

Meanwhile, as Candy washed out the new steamer (what she could), she asked, "Who should help me if Jeff isn't back at two?"

"Ask one of the four girls. I can't. I'm scheduled to help Noel tomorrow." Pat commented. "What all did he need to do do?"

Candy shrugged. "Besides checking to make sure everything is ready for tomorrow and the autograph session between one and four? I don't know. I thought everything was signed for the house, and we were waiting on the contractors to finish up for his and Mr. Mondale's walk through Friday morning. We'd have to ask him."

"No worries I know I am not the clearest with things a lot"

Not long after Candy had asked that question Jeff came in through the door, with more than enough time to spare.
"Sorry for the delay" He announced as he came in.

Candy squeed, which was dangerous considering her still fairly newly healed throat, and glomp hugged him, which would be more dangerous to Jeff if he was off balance. "So, was there something else that had to be done besides last minute check that everything's ready for tomorrow's autograph signing?"

Pat went to the basement door, top of the steps. "Last chance girls, if you don't want to be getting underfoot of Candy and Jeff preparing dinner."

Kara shrugged. "We could go to the living room and read, Noel, you've seen the variety of books there on the bookshelf. No fair we watch videos since Steph can't until Thursday."

Pat facepalmed. "Candy. Do you have a Canadian instrumental CD since we listen to a national music CD while eating?"

Candy made a face. "Traditional Canadian music? You DO know who you're talking to, right?" She asked the second question almost laughing. "No. But I do have a two CD set of Canadian artists. My personal mix. It's in my big totebag, the same one I had at the hospital, and brought with me?"

Pat made a call to Captain Wainwright. Stephanie would not be allowed to watch videos, but since it's tradition for the Zorels dinners to listen to traditional music, Candy's Canadian artists CD was quickly approved. After all... Even the police captain wasn't going to go against traditions.

There was going to be two more for dinner, but not even those two, the detectives knew that yet. Candy was going to make more than she thought, and it would be a good thing. Two bowls of potatoes would be placed and starting to steam for the mashed potatoes part of the entreé at 1:30. Candy would set out a cutting board, a large bowl with half the maple syrup in it, and a knife, at the small kitchen table, as time would begin for fixing the Canadian dinner... Which was technically a breakfast.

"Can I have my sweet helper?" Candy cooed.

Jeff nodded and joined her in the kitchen.

Noel nodded.
"Reading sounds like a great idea. Oh! maybe we should all start the same book, then when we are all done we can talk about it." She offered.

Back
Top Bottom