Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel leaned back after Kara and she had released one another and she finally noticed Stephanie, so she reached over and used a finger to gently push her jaw back up.

Jeff nodded.
"Don't worry I have made arrangements, so no junk food needed." He smiled at her, not knowing if that was what she was hoping or not.

"Good." Candy said as she finally was next in line and put her shoebox down on the conveyor belt. "I don't want pastries, and a lot of these record store ran promotions, that's what they are. About the only pastry like thing I'd want is pancakes with blueberries or blackberry preserves over them. I'm on the other end of the signing autographs for three hours instead of waiting in line to get something signed by a star." She shrugged. "I mean, I can understand coffee and donuts for those wanting autographs, because all they're doing is standing and holding something." She paid the cashier, grabbed receipt as box was bagged, "But I'll be signing this time. Even I know better than it to be empty calories." They would head out of the store, where Candy would have to show her receipt.*

Stephanie looked confused at Noel before thanking her, before Penny sat in a chair across from them to finish working on the glitches, having put earphones in the port for them, and began talking to Robert and Christine, with only her side of the conversation heard. Apparently, from the sounds of it, the glitch might be technical in the vehicle, for Robert, as after several minutes minutes, Christine finally gave the all clear on her end.

*- I've heard it's not just WalMart checking receipts now... -.-

Jeff nodded.
"I have some veggies for snacking and a meal planned for the halfway and starting points." He explained.

Noel smiled back at Stephanie and re-latched herself to Kara.

By Candy's slight tic, Jeff would know that she'd had rather it been fruits, like melons and berries, than vegetables, because of her sweet tooth, and what she just said about wanting things that weren't empty calories. She still hooked her hands through his arms. "Smart idea to just park near the record store and walk to the store. Let me switch out of these heels, mmk?" She stopped and put her new flats on, putting the pumps in the box, and receipt in her purse she was wearing across her neck and on her opposite shoulder. She handed the bag with the shoebox to Jeff. They had five minutes to get back to the store before 11:30, but would they get there without a delay?

Wainwright hoped Noel caught the name Calla was using, just in case Steve was around the house property somewhere. "Calla, Noella, whichever you're using, since you were left in charge, I need to show you how this works, so you can show Lenard. I also need you to sign the paperwork that we completed the job to the family's satisfaction."

Calla frowned as she looked at Kara, who promptly said, "Sorry. I'm not 18 until January. That's why mom left you in charge."

With a sigh, Calla excused herself, got up, and followed Wainwright around, listening to him as he spoke and pointed in hushed tones.

"My only question on this, is wasn't this your idea?" Kara asked looking at Noel, "Well... The only one they accepted. The other they nixed, citing it was too dangerous and wasn't practical." Actually, the Senior Detectives on the case flat out was against Noel admitting who she was... Especially with Calla being okay with being the bait since she was already targeted with the bear trap.

Last edited:
Jeff nodded noticed her look but decided not to mention the fact that the veggie tray also had fruits mixed in, and decided to let that be a nice surprise.

"Maybe, I can't remember now, I think it was." She rubbed her chin.

Kara nodded, "That's what I thought." She didn't know what else to talk about, and just sat there quietly.

Penny pulled off the earphones. "Don't sign that yet. Cap..." She then made a universal sign for trouble. "Robert's getting snow constantly, sounds in and out, and, well..." She handed him the earphones, "I'll let him explain it himself."

This got Kara's attention and she sat up.

Wainwright put the earphones on. "Talk to me Canyon. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Hmmm, like that, eh? Anderson, you hearing what he's describing? You are, but you're fine? Canyon, where are you? You should be fine two miles out. Anderson? The park? Hmm... Calm down, Robert, I'm working on it. Ok, Robert, start coming in, and let me know when it clears. You heard me... Okay."

Stephanie frowned and said, "I wonder if it might not be the patrol car, Dad. You know how pissy that one can be." She had said quietly.

Wainwright shook his head. "They've all been in for service, Nancy Drew." He chided. "Everything is fine, now, Canyon? And where are you? The mall?! Yes, Detective Anderson, I'm well aware that's only half mile away... Move your car to two miles out. Yes, I'll hold." He glanced to his daughter with a grimace. "I hate when you're right." On the radio. "Roger, Anderson, stay there. Canyon, take your place in the park... On second thought, Chris... Come back in to the mall and switch vehicles with Robert. Noel trusts you more, no offense, Robert, let me know when you're back in your original spots, in your new cars." He took the earphones off and handed them back to Penny. With a sigh, he looked at Noel. "We're going to MAKE this work, pissy car or not." He smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

Wainwright shook his head. "Not unless you and/or your brother are more knowledgeable in making stubborn electronics talk to each other. Apparently, one of our newer vehicle's electrical system doesn't want to play nice with the closed circuit live TV of these cameras. We'll need two cars stationed, one at the park and the other two miles out but straight down the main drag, in order to have the right kind of surveillance on the place here. Lenard's neighborhood barbecue for this or next weekend, around they're 20th anniversary, just happens to be the perfect cover story, although it's true, for these cameras to be up... And seemingly not on."

Noel shook her head.
"Sorry, my family isn't the best with tech or mechanical stuff. Like we can use things fine, just not like, fix them or anything." Noel explained.

She listened to them about the cars and nodded along but wasn't sure how to reply.

Wainwright took that at face value. He couldn't ask them to be something they weren't and would have to make do, making sure the right detective was within easy reach of the house. Clearing his throat, he asked, "Who would you prefer of the two female detectives assigned to your case to be a stone's throw away, then? The lead detective, who already is? Or Penny, here, who was put on more as technical?"

"I have to admit, Chris has me beat in the fighting prowess." Penny said in an attempt to bow out of lead protector.

Meanwhile, back at the record store, Candy was setting up her own table and chair that she would be at for the signing, when it started at one. The area was cordoned off, for now, but it wouldn't stop some from getting a look at Candy in her candy corn ensemble (refer back to her clothes). It was just about an hour before she would start signing the CDs, so she chose then to try to get something to eat. The guards wouldn't be right on top of her, so she was accessible to the public for brief conversation, which, while ill advised, was well within her right to ask for, since she wanted to be personable, as it was part of her nature.

Noel thought for a moment.
"I think Penny for her tech skills, keeping those cameras running I think is the best way to keep us safe,"

Jeff stayed nearby though did not crowd her. He was close enough to help if needed but not making guesses nervous as his size could scare fans off from approaching.

Fans of course came up to her and talked, asking for photos with her and for hugs and the like.

As it closed in on one, and Wainwright and Penny had left and the captain took the asked for detective to the park, and picked up Christine before going out the back way, everyone was set up for a long afternoon, as Lenard and Pat got home, fish in tow. Would they see anything or anyone suspicious as they exit the minivan and head to the door?

Candy, after accommodating those who wanted to spend time with her soon had to say enough so she could be ready right at one. Getting her first Sharpie permanent marker ready, she'd be off to the races, in a matter of speaking. She noticed a lot had been preteen to young adults in line and wanting pictures. A few older people scattered here and there. She took a mental note of this, and hoped (but probably didn't need to) Jeff was taking physical notes of the majority of her fanbase. Now she was glad she had been particular about the cover song. There was no foul language in I Kissed a Girl, but seeing her true fanbase was starting to make her second guess that song. She smiled and started signing as soon as the rope was pulled away. Would she be the one getting a surprise guest?

They would have an uneventful trip to the door. Inside Noel would have had everything prepped for the fish arrival and be laying in Kara's lap as they all had decided to read again, continuing the books they had before.

Jeff would not note them all but did note any that seemed out of place or suspicious for any reason, jotting down a few including some who asked Candy to say things for them to record or with strange signing requests. Like one that said "To my biggest fan, who will D"

Pat would have to call Noel in, since the fish was longer than the marinade bowl. "I'm not going to presume, guessing you may want to cut it a certain way, or split the marinade... Or something." She said.

Candy glanced over to Jeff at that request, but still signed it the way it was asked. Another, from a high school aged girl, which might also warrant getting written down, asked for several kiss symbols only after an "All my love, Candy Pop, xxx xxx xxx"

A parent, getting it for the daughter in the hospital, was directed to Jeff, since the sick teen had asked for a visit from Candy. The visit would happen if Candy could help it... But Jeff was in charge of the schedule. After Candy signed the CD, the parent went over to Jeff, and although a bit intimidated by his size, told Jeff about the request. Since the girl had fell off her skateboard and down some steps, she only had one limb not in a cast. Jeff was also shown a picture that was definitely not doctored up, and taken that morning.

Noel would meet her and then happily take the fish, and then when the time came cut and place the salmon in the marinade bowls, making sure they were all submerged. Asking Kara if she wanted to watch or help so she could learn.

When Candy gave him those glances he would take note for her sake, though he himself did not see the reason he trusted her suspicion.

When the parent met up with Jeff he made sure the kid was not contagious before agreeing to meet up with them, having some time between the signing and when they needed to return to the Zorel house.

Since her mom was the helper for the day, Kara politely declined, citing too many cooks, and not wanting to be in their way.

Pat showed Noel how to set the timer, which could only be an hour at a time. "Didn't you say it had to marinate two hours?"

Candy was soon too busy with signing to even glance at Jeff when she got any more weird requests, she noticed that her music seemed to resonate more with lesbians, but that community seemed well represented. She also noticed that heterosexual people loved her music, too, as one guy had brought a CD from home, The Singing Popovichs to have autographed instead. He did buy the CD for himself, but the Singing Popovichs CD was his girlfriend's, and she wanted it signed. Since there was nothing specific asked for, Candy wrote, "Debbie, thanks for being a fan of my family and me, we treasure people like you! Candy Pop ❤️" on a glossy she had available for those who wanted something but couldn't afford the $25 (okay, $24.98) CD.

Noel nodded, she understood and quickly did what she needed, it not taking too long to do, then returned to laying on Karas lap and reading as the timer would go off for her next steps.

Jeff left most things up to Candy and mainly on potential bodyguard work and any note-taking.

Kara quietly read her book as Noel got up to do what she had to for dinner, Pat got in her recliner, and wouldn't worry about being in the kitchen until after the fish was finished marinating.

At three-fifteen, just as the second hour ended for the marinating fish, and Pat was right in the kitchen to do whatever Noel asked, as the daily assistant, the owner of the record store asked Jeff to count out forty-five people, and close off the line there to keep any more fans from joining it, just to be disappointed. Candy had no idea this was going on, and would be against disappointing anyone who was currently in line.

Noel joined Pat in the kitchen, even though there was little that she could do until the cooking needed to happen. She mostly had Pat helping with the side dishes.

Jeff asked if instead, he could stop it at the end of the line, allowing those lined up to still get signatures at least.

The owner took one look at Candy, and then nodded. No sense upsetting the popstar that actually CARED about her fans. Not many did. Luckily for Jeff, there was only twenty left, past the 45 limit, and most of them were school kids, teens to boot, with their parents, just getting out of school, he'd be right behind a talkative girl who couldn't wait to meet her idol, that Jeff would learn was another fan when Candy Pop was Candice Popovich and part of the Singing Popovichs from Duluth. She was even excited about getting her first solo artist album, which was also Candy's debut CD.

"We're the last ones? it's that close to four already?" The mom, who didn't seem intimidated by Jeff's size, looked back to him, and then up the street, to the corner the line went around before going in. When her daughter asked how much longer, the mom shrugged, answering her own question without realizing it. "Probably another hour, yet. There's a lot ahead of us."

Pat was fine doing sides, but suggested Cole slaw for the vegetable side, asking if Noel had thought of a starch. "I only ask it's not potatoes, as that'll mess up Kara tomorrow, as she's wanting to make hers British Fish and Chips."

Jeff did his best to give the fans space but still enforced the rules, thanking the woman when she let them have the extra bit of time.

Noel nodded.
"I have already prepped some rice" She gestured over to the side where some rice was prepped for cooking.

3:30

Zorel Home

Pat nodded, satisfied Noel had already had a starch prepped ahead of time, figuring Kara must have told her she was making homemade fries for one of her sides tomorrow. She shredded and chopped the cabbage, carrots, celery and onions (red, of course), and allowing Noel to mix the coleslaw dressing however she saw fit. By 4:00, hopefully, the fish would finally be baking, while the finish coleslaw chilled, covered, for the appropriate time, and Pat could start setting the table.

Record Store

Candy ignored the pain in her wrist from signing all those autographs for nearly the last three hours, but if Jeff would look at her, she had the same smile she'd had for everyone as if she could go another two and a half hours. To her, her fans came first above even a little wrist pain. He might suspect, but wouldn't see normal signs of fatigue... Never mind she was still quite young at 20, and she loved talking to and with fans. Although she had been touring the previous two summers, and had about twenty songs she played at concerts, including thirteen new ones that she Betty and Calla had written (all of which were on her debut CD along with covers bookending them), this was her first actual solo album separate from her family's. Surprisingly, she had gotten to those last 20 fans, at 3:55, but by no means was she going to push through them in a hurry... This was for the fans for a reason. However, she did signal Jeff to call his sister or Pat to let them know they'd probably be running a little late... It was doubtful they'd get home by the normal time dinner would be served between five and five-thirty.

Zorel home:

Noel went through all the steps with Pat though would ask her opinion on the sides apart from the rice and the salmon which she seemed to know what she was doing. Even adding in some light flavouring with the rice as it cooked. Through the coleslaw, she would take any tips Pat was willing to offer. At 4 everything seemed to be on track to succeed.

Jeff nodded and made the call, telling whoever answered to pass the news along. Though Jeff was worried about her fatigue he simply kept watch and let her run this the way she wanted.

Pat's idea, was that everyone had their own coleslaw sauce, but usually consisted of the same four items... Mayonnaise... The real stuff... Milk, sugar and lemon juice. Some would use the salad dressing, which Pat called "sandwich spread", and both were in the fridge door, and Noel would see the jars easily. Pat was leaving it up to Noel on the coleslaw dressing as she was only the assistant. The slaw would be good enough for the vegetable... And actually made sense for both fish dinners... Pat looked to be debating whether or not to make a whole lot so there would be enough for tonight AND the next with Kara. She decided to leave that up to Noel as well, since Noel would be taking over assistant duties for Kara's dinner. She would finish setting the table.

As the clock reached 4:20, Candy finally finished the last autograph, and after the the mom and daughter left, she winced and flexed her writing hand, holding her wrist. "Price of fame..." She said tongue in cheek, but obviously in a bit of discomfort. "That lady I sent to you early on. The girl who fell off her skateboard? What else has she got? I just heard she was sick, besides banged up... Is it safe to visit her?" (It should be, unless you have her suffering from the cold, there's other forms of sick that's not contagious)

Noel agreed at making a larger amount for two nights, and to only remove half nothing and keep the other half sealed in the fridge for freshness.

"It should be okay to visit her, I only made sure that she was not contagious. Though I don't imagine she has anything too bad. Or else they would have likely mentioned it over the broken bones." He replied reaching over and massaging her wrists.

Back
Top Bottom