Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

With that decided, it was now to just wait until Noel was finished in the kitchen with making the fish marinade, and putting it in the fridge until Pat got back with the fish.

The trio would also want Noel to be the one to decide what they should talk about.

"We all decided that it's whatever you want to talk about and we'll follow suit." Calla said, hinting they wanted Noel to open up more and talk with them.

"Oh umm, I uhh, heh, that kind of catches me off guard." she rubbed the back of her head and thought for a moment.
"Umm maybe we could talk about umm... Jobs?"

Calla blinked and Kara thought for a moment. Stephanie folded her arms. "The one of your friends that didn't even have a paper route, growing up."

Her dad was laying some wire out, that would actually be going behind them. "Girls, this wire has to go behind the couch, could you please move yourselves and it from the wall for a couple of minutes so I can get around it and to the cable box? And, kiddo," he looked right at Stephanie, "beg your pardon, but pet ownership, as well as walking others' dogs... IS a job."

Stephanie blushed. "Oh. Yeah. Guess I do have experience." Of course her dad would know about her extracurricular activities.

Calla looked over at Noel. "So all of us have experience. What do you want to know about who's job experience first?" She asked as everyone pulled the couch away to allow Wainwright access. Sliding it back when he nodded it was okay.

Noel helped move everything for the wires as she replied.
"I guess like, how do you like, umm, know which job to try and get? Like did your parents pick or, you somehow knew?"

Calla giggled. "Both in my case as far as my abilities on the guitar. Mine's the electric bass and Candy was trying to get her band together. Dad said "Go for it, you can fall back on real estate later. Live your dream."

Kara chuckled. "Mine was all me, and it was a fun two years as a Lollipop. I wouldn't mind doing it again, but even my mess has to settle down, little alone Noel's. I've been taking some pretty hard hits from life before we even met. I think we kinda need each other, right now." Noel knew of some of what Kara had gone through recently, thanks to the mess that was the beginning of the school year, which some people were pretending didn't happen... And the latest with the cell tower caving in the gym...

Stephanie shook her head. "Yeah, dog walking was all Dad. "Make money doing something you love; start a dog walking business. I had to put it on hold due to the storm... By then, I had gotten to know and like Noel. I'm kinda in the same boat as Kara, because that cell tower did a number on my nerves as well as the gym. I like Noel, had been on the basketball team, and we practiced in that gym."

Noel listened and nodded along with each girl's answers. She felt a little bad about how she caused them stress with recent events but reminded herself that it wasn't her choice and she had her stress to deal with during the event.

"Oh yeah, all those make sense. I honestly never really thought about that before I had lived alone. I tried to apply to that coffee shop we met in Kara if you recall." She smiled a little embarrassed.
"Though I had no experience and had no idea how to apply for the job properly so was going to just walk in and be like, hey can I work here?" She admitted looking down.

"Honestly, if they didn't hire me, and I never met you, Kara, I don't know what I would have done. I may have ended up on the street or working a less, umm, proper job. Or maybe even with my old doctor." She stated trying not to spiral with what-ifs.

Stephanie and Kara on each side of her, hugged Noel. "Don't go there." They both said in unison before looking surprised at each other.

Calla thought about what both said. "Wait. Kara was saying her nerves were frayed or fraying before you two met, and who's to say Stephanie wouldn't have made the team anyway and still get her nerves shattered when the cell tower fell on the gymnasium?" She was doing her best to at least sound logical.

Kara then said, "Exactly." She pointed over to Calla. "And look how I was being treated. I was about to seriously consider quitting school altogether before I met you."

"Candy probably would have said, no, you're taking online classes. You know how she is." Calla chided. "She would have welcomed you with the caveat to finish your education."

Noel smiled at the others.

"Thanks, I am happy that we all feel better for having known each other. Thanks, everyone I appreciate it." She hugged them back.

Calla proved that she would listen if she wanted to, as she asked, "That café? Which one?"

"Near the school." Kara stated.

"Oh. The modern one with the girls' tops are completely covered, but the real short skirts."

Kara rolled her eyes. "In a manner of speaking, but the skirts aren't any shorter than the minis from back in our parents day, I mean the mini came along in like what? 64? And never really disappeared completely." She thought about it. "It went out of style for a while, but never truly disappeared."

It was Calla's turn to roll her eyes. "Annnnyway, if it's the café I think it is, Noel, would you have been able to handle being a server there? Usually, if you're a girl, it wouldn't have mattered your front, it's if you can wiggle when you walk, giggle when you talk, and take being wolf whistled at without wanting to crown some of those college frats. I know I couldn't. I'd be kicking butts and taking names."

Noel blushed a little and shook her head.
"I didn't know what kind of place it was. And I was getting kind of desperate. But I don't think I would fit the qualifications anyway, I'm not very good looking" she said rubbing the back of her head.

"But I honestly had no other idea what I was going to do for money, sure my rent was being handled, but my food wasn't so I would have had to get something if Zorels never took me in."

Kara had to blush at both of their remarks as she sat between Noel and Calla. "I thought those girls were just flirty because they were. I didn't know they had to BE flirty." She looked at Noel. "Boob size doesn't matter, like Calla was saying, you had to be like the girl in the song Chantilly Lace."

Calla chuckled, "Well... The chorus, anyway." She then stated, "Chantilly lace and a pretty face, with a ponytail hanging down, a wiggle in the walk and a giggle in the talk..."

Kara giggled. "And what's more, they're all different sizes... Even A's. I gotta picture of the top some where..." She searched the pictures on her phone... "Oh. Here we go. Ignore the shorts. It's a miniskirt."
Screenshot_20211011-130653.png

Noel blushed a little and placed her hands over her chest as they spoke. Listening and letting them. finish.

"Oh, umm, well that isn't exactly what I was tho king but thanks. I was largely thinking like, my general build and hair.." She admitted her face red.

Stephanie nodded her understanding, and made a remark before the others. "Right. Your short hair. You got on, you would probably have been told to grow your hair out. Those things Calla quoted you? Yeah, pretty much a requirement. Girls have to serve. I tried applying in there, for the kitchen, even if it was dishwasher. Nope. Only server. Just like guys can only be kitchen and maintenance. It's very sexist."

Calla popped up (wordwise) next. "The 50s ambiance you have as a customer is very inviting though. A lot of people go there, just for the atmosphere."

Kara nodded. "I know I do... Or rather did... And would go there again."

"So you go there even though it is run in a sexist way? I guess it's good that I didn't get the courage to apply." She paused a moment playing with her hair.
"So umm, do you all think I should grow my hair out again, like after all this stuff is done I mean." She asked mostly looking at Kara.

All three girls nodded.

Kara asked, "Didn't you feel comfortable and invited there? I mean, you were going to ask if you could work there. You never hear the help complain. Those smiles aren't forced... Well, maybe a little around some of the clients."

Calla nodded. "I remember this one time, these college frat guys, harassed a few of the girls. They ended up getting banned by the owner, so, you know, despite the hiring practices, it's a pretty safe environment for all. That's why people go back. And the servers are dressed cute without being provocative. Kara, show that picture again."

Kara shrugged and showed the model wearing the top again.

Stephanie and Kara who knew Noel more than Calla looked at each other. While Kara made a scrunchy thinking face, apparently trying to picture Noel with long hair, Stephanie chose her words carefully. "Um... That depends, Firecracker... Do YOU want to have long hair? Would you be comfortable with it?"

Noel looked around at the others again, not sure if she should try and apply for that job again or not.

Though she decided to forget the job for now and focus on the next topic.
"Oh well, I don't know. I like grew up with long hair, but short definitely has its advantages. Also like I met you all with short hair, and like Kara, we got together when I looked like this. So like would it be bad for me to grow it out?" She asked on occasion reaching up to play with her hair, like talking about the topic triggered an old nervous tick.

Kara shook her head. "You're right. I've never seen you with long hair. Neither has Stephanie. You shouldn't grow it out unless you want to."

Calla nodded, "That's why Stephanie was like what makes you more comfortable. It's your hair, not ours."

This line of questions made Kara wonder even more how much other people dictated what she was allowed to do. Did Steve or that doctor tell her she had to keep her hair long? Was she told that she wasn't much of a girl if she had it cut? Kara really wished Dr. Brinker was there right now, she could probably explain it a lot better than either of the three available.

"But I don't know, I umm, I want to look my best for you Kara, do you have a preference?" Noel looked to her and asked, not realizing the suspicions some of them may be having.

Kara stood up, and turned to face the couch, as Wainwright was checking if Robert or Christine could see the yard all right, and how much of it and the periphery could be seen. Calla just blinked askance at Kara and then Noel.

Kara tapped her foot out a beat, before starting:

Don't go changing
To try and please me
You never let me down before,
mm-hmm-hmm-mm-hmm
Don't imagine
You're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore

I would not leave you
In times of trouble
We never could have come this far,
mm-hmm-hmm-mm-hmm
I took the good times
I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

Wainwright and Penny both stopped what they were doing and just gaped at Kara, as she continued.

Don't go trying
Some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
mm-hmm-hmm-mm-hmm
You always have my
Unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

I don't want clever
Conversation
I never want to work that hard
mm-hmm-hmm-mm-hmm
I just want someone
That I can talk to
I want you just the way you are

I need to know that you will always be
That same old someone that I knew
Ah, but what will it take til you believe in me
The way that I believe in you?

I said I love you
That's forever
And this I promise from the heart
mm-hmm-hmm-mm-hmm
I couldn't love you
Any better
I love you just the way you are---Right!

I don't want clever
Cah-on-versation
I never want to work that hard
mm-hmm-hmm-mm-hmm
I just want someone
That I can talk to...
I want you just the way you are----Ohh-oh-oh-oh.

Stephanie just stood there with her mouth hanging open. Her dad's eyes were stuck on wide. And Penny just kept blinking in shock.

Kara, meanwhile, sat back down between Calla and Noel and patted Noel's leg. "Understand?"

Noel's eyes went wide and her face change to a shade of red. She simply looked at Kara as she sang then paused as she was asked if she understood.
"I... yes I understand." She smiled at her and hugged her.

Calla was trying not to ruin the moment, after all, Kara not only professed her love for Noel in front of everyone, but that Noel shouldn't change herself in any way for Kara. However, she finally blurted out, "You've been doing some practicing."

Wainwright finally came back to reality, himself, as the police captain quipped, "You best hold on to that one. Finding someone who doesn't want you to change for her, but for yourself? One in a billion."

Stephanie would need someone to close her mouth for her... And maybe oil that rusted open jaw hinge. It was still wide open.

Christine finally came on, "Who was that singing?... Cuz I wanna be there for the next concert!"

Kara just smiled, hugging Noel back.

Noel smiled bright and gave Kara an extra little squeeze.
"That was Kara singing, I know I am the luckiest girl to have her love me. And of course, I feel the same for you Kara, though I wish I could tell you in a beautiful way as well."

Stephanie finally closed her mouth, but it still didn't close fully as she sat there, slackjawed. She definitely still needed help.

Christine keyed the radio once again and was heard saying, "Right then, copy on who was singing. Out."

Wainwright laughed despite himself.

Penny mentioned that the work was completed except for some minor technical glitches that she'd have to straighten up through the computer book she held, and got to it.

Penny locked the already closed front door, but maybe, Steve was going to make the attempt on the pink cotton candy haired pop star, just finishing up with getting her dark brown loafer flats, standing in line waiting to check out, at a downtown department store. She quipped to Jeff, "Unless you call it in to be delivered to the record store, we're probably going to be eating catered junk food, there. Ten minutes to find the shoes, thirty and counting waiting in line because there's only one register open. I don't trust those self checkouts, especially when paying cash." That was okay, some people didn't trust them when using debit and credit cards.

Back
Top Bottom