Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The battle in the Night ((me and Raziel))

She frowned a little, puzzled when he did not answer her question. She sighed a little and continued to follow him down.

She jumped a little when he pulled her down. A- A -A DRAGON!!!? She looked at it and stared in wonder and awe. Dragons were not real, but here, right before her very eyes. She then reasoned if vampires could exist, so could dragons. She smiled a little to her self before he lead her through the crowds.

The shifting was well done, he had been practicing. Alex led her through the group, past bonfires and blood stands and food stands, and a bunch of tents where there were play fights and shows. There was even one where they would transform to see who did it the best. He eventually stopped outside of the nearest food area for her. "You need to eat." He said softly.

Ellarwyn looked around, slightly amazed at all the sights. She looked at him when he stopped. She looked down for a moment when he said that she needed to eat. She had not eaten the food he had sent to her, she was hungry but she had not let him know that.

He turned from her for just a moment, and when he turned back to her, his arms were ladled with food. They had some fine chefs that were human before, and they knew that some of the Vampires liked normal food, as well, so they did their best. Humans sometimes came to these festivals, as well. But of course, they were in a situation near identical to hers.

Alex sat down, gesturing for her to follow suit. "Eat, you need it." He said, as he started putting the food on the table for her, on plates, of course.

Ellarwyn looked at him as he turned away. She was a little surprised at the amount of food he had in his arms. She couldn't eat all of it her self. She looked at him and he sat. She did the same, sitting across from him. She looked at him for a moment, considering to just refuse to eat it, being stubborn as always, never wanting to accept charity from anyone, particularly a vampire. But then the smell of the food warfed into her mouth and she looked down at it. She may have been stubborn, but her natural instinct to eat when hungry was stronger and she found her self picking up a fork and beginging to eat slowly. She looked at him. She had noticed the change in his attitude. A day ago he was being condensing, he had even gotten angry with her, even though that was her own fualt. Now he was being kind. This whole ordeal was already confusing enough. She didn't want to fret over the emotional state of her captor.

"It's good" she said quietly, surprised that vampires could cook food this good.

He heard her words, but he was lost in thought, slowly picking up some of the fries he got and eating them. There was so much to do, but he knew that there were people he could depend on. There was something more important for his clan that he had to do. Though the exact specifications he kept to himself. He leaned forward, taking another fry into his mouth, before he started talking.

"We are not what you think we are. We are doing what is for the greater good. I will show you, after the festival."

Ellarwyn continued to eat as he spoke/ She did not reply. She did not know what good would come of such conflict and the death. Perhaps when he showed her she would understand, but for the time being, she was still a critic and refused to relive in what he told her.

He pushed the fries away from him after a bit, they were starting to get to his stomach. He watched her eat in silence, waiting for her to finish. He was starting to get bored of the festival, not wanting to join in much himself this time.

Once she was finished, she pushed the plate away from her. She looked at him and said "I finished now" she said to him. She waited for him to get up or soemthing, since she had no idea what they were doing or where he would be taking her next.

He stood as he saw her push the plate away. He offered her his hand. "Let's go. i don't see too much entertainment here right now. We can come back later. but I can show you some stuff right now, explain everything."

Ellarwyn looked at him. She stood and said "Alright then". She took his hand once more and began to follow his lead. She wondered what exactly he could show her that could explain t her what exactly he wanted with her.

He led her back upstairs, into the main caves of the mountain. He was slow in walking once he got to the upstairs area, taking his time. But soon he was pushing open a heavyset door, leading her inside.

All around the room were murals of a war. Dark beings - some that didn't have shapes - being attacked by human-looking creatures. "They are coming again." he said quietly. "We cannot afford the discord of the humans to stop our defense. Either we succeed, or the world dies from them."

Ellarwyn followed behind him quietly. Once inside she looked around that the paintings. She looked at them, moving up close. She understood a little now. They had to fight, these things...whatever they were. She looked down for a moment before she looked at him and said "What are they?" she asked him.

"We do not know what they are, exactly." he said softly, moving closer to stand next to her, putting a finger lightly over the biggest one of that painting. "But we call them the Ing. Shapeshifters, we cannot trust our own sometimes. They are a danger of this world. They conquer, destroy, and move on. If we cannot get everyone on our side..." he sighed.

"If we told everyone, there would be mass hysteria and killings. That's why we are doing our current tactics."

Ellarwyn looked at them. She heard him speak. She looked down for a moment, understanding somewhat now what this greater cause was supposed to be. She looked back up at the paintings and said "I see...". It was like a triangle. If the vampires allowed themselves to be defeated by the humans, the humans would be killed by the them. If the vampires beat the Ing, the humans would still be fighting them. It seemed that their was no peace or middle ground for them.

"They are coming again." He said softly. "I don't know when they will be here. It might be weeks, it might be years. But they are coming." He sighed and turned away from her. "And I don't know if I will be around to see it. I plan on fighting the beast inside me as long as possible to help my people, though."

Ellarwyn looked at him as he turned away. She looked back at the painting then at him again once more. She closed her eyes for a moment and thought before she said "That is a very noble thing to do" she said softly.

He turned back around to face her, but unable to look her in the eyes. "Noble? Ha. What I must do is far from being noble." He shook his head slowly. "I'm slowly losing the fight. I'm not giving in, but..." He had to turn away again. "Let me take you back to your room, I'm sure you need your rest. You looked exhausted when i went to get you."

She looked at him as he spoke. Once again she left her a little puzzled when he said what he had to do was not noble. She looked at him and said "Yeah...alright...lets go" she said looking at him and waiting for him to show her the way again.

He led her back to her room, taking slow strides to make the most of the time. But soon he was opening her door and leading her inside. "Have a good sleep." He said softly, as he moved towards the door.

Ellarwyn looked at him and nodded. She stepped inside the room when he had opened the door. Once he was gone she moved over to the bed, turning out the light and tried to sleep. She hated to admit it but, after seeing what she had seen today, she was begining to doubt her own resolve. She sighed to her self and closed her eyes, slowly falling into slumber.

He had to go back to his study, looking over long lists - inventory, casualties, regiments - when there was a knock at the door. "Come in." He said softly, and in came a single man, one of the warriors, it seemed.

"Why did you leave the festivities?" The man said.

"I'm not in the mood for stuff like that." Alex responded, picking his head up from the long documents. "We are still in a war, no matter how much we want it to end."

The man nodded and left in silence. There was a lot of work, but the festival was a way to bring morale back up for them.

Ellarwyn fell asleep. Surprisingly in the situation she was in, it was quite peaceful. She didn't have haunted dreams as she had expected to. She didn't stirr in her bed. She slept till the next morning.((bed time for me, bye))

(ok see you. just a few points. morning would only be like a hour later. so you probably want night.)

He got up from his desk a little later, before moving out of the room to his own. He plopped down on his bed and instantly fell into the deep Vampire sleep. He rose from it early the next night, making a beeline for her room. He knocked on the door before going in. "I'm sure you are hungry. What can I bring up for you?"

Ellarwyn heard the knock on the door. She had expected him to come to her at night. She looked at him when he asked and she thought for a moment before she said "Pasta?"

Back
Top Bottom