Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Hushed Whispers (1×1 with Jikkah)

Megohime wasn’t happy with the answer Kojurou gave her, but had little other choice. “What am I to do until Masamune comes back?”

Megohime flinched when he passed her, her bravado faltering and her gaze dropping, listening to the door shut behind her. She felt alone once more, trapped with no where she belonged, at least this time she had a window to look out of.

She would be in there for a while before there was a knock on her door, "Mego? Are you doing ok in there? Sorry I kinda left, some stuff came up! Can I come in?" Masamune called through the door.

Last edited:
Megohime perked when Masamune called to her, moving away from the window. “You can come in..” She called back.

Megohime shook her head, even though she wanted to say yes. “No, thank you, you’ve done more than enough..” She craved Lyrium, every second her body ached for it, but she was ashamed to say so.

"Uh..." He thought for a moment, "I can sneak you a little but we gotta try and ween you off so we can stop those crystals from growing."

She felt guilt immediately for asking, her face flushing with shame. “Forget I asked... It’s fine..”

"No, no, it's cool! I just want to help return you to normal and I don't think drinking lyrium still will help with that, you know?" He told her quickly.

“The crystals don’t go away, they never have, even if you pull them out.” Megohime scowled, face looking weary. “What are you going to do differently than Alessio to try and rid of them?”

"Well...stop the lyrium consumption for one..." He said, "See if that has any effect on the crystals...we won't know unless we try..."

This made her look uneasy, but she nodded hesitantly. “Alright... I trust you know what you’re doing..?” She asked him.

"I've been reading as much as I can but I'm not a mage so I'm not really one hundred percent...do you know anything?" He asked, "Any information would benefit us, mainly you.."

An almost quizzical look came over her face, and she shook her head. “No, Alessio never taught me formal magic, and I’ve never tried anything on my own.” She admitted. “The only thing close to magic I know how to do is to consume Lyrium to accelerate the growth of the crystals on my back.”

Megohime felt flustered at his grin, all toothy and full of defiant attitude. “I-I guess that’s fine if you think so..” She muttered bashfully. Why did she find herself so trusting of Masamune? He had welcomed her into his home and nursed her back to health, all with the claims he’ll help her, but why?

"Great! I'll search around for a good mentor and we'll get you started on some real studies! In the mean time, I'll figure out how to keep you from needing lyrium so much. I'll go steal a little from Kojurou, ok?" He told her.

She nodded, knowing the Templar would be far from happy, but she needed some, just about anything would help at that point.

Megohime moved back to the window while she waited, rubbing her aching shoulder while she gazed out over the breathtaking landscape outside the manor; mountains dotted by the greens of wild grasses and trees, the land around them littered with wildflowers and a large pond shaded by trees. Her chest ached, when was the last time she had been allowed outside to enjoy a sunny day?

It was a little bit but Masamune came back with a small bottle of lyrium to help with her pains. And in the days to come, he had found her a tutor who was more than willing to say nothing about her crystals and teach her about magic. Kojurou was less than thrilled.

Back
Top Bottom