Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Hushed Whispers (1×1 with Jikkah)

He could see her eyes widen with that same fear before she broke into a sprint down the hall, breathing heavily already with strain.

Megohime felt like the room was swaying, not even noticing she had started to slow down. “Get away from me..!”

"I'm not going to hurt you, I just wanna help...!" He said, catching up rather quickly, "You're still recovering from almost drowning..!"

Megohime felt a hand wrap around her wrist a moment before she stumbled and fell to her knees. “He said the same words, and now you’re going to send me back to him..”

"To who?" His hand wasn't firm or tight around her wrist, just enough to keep her upright and from running anymore, "Honest, I just wanna help.."

She looked back at him, eyes as pretty as garnets, tears dripping down her cheeks. “Please don’t make me go back to him..” She didn’t struggle, didn’t try to yank her hand away, begging for his mercy on her knees. “I’ll do anything... anything to keep from going back..!” She whispered.

His words seemed to finally get through to her, shoulders sagging as she turned her head back to look at the floor. “Help me how?” She whispered. The elf servant had tried to help her too, and look where that got her.

"Well, for one, I wanna figure out how to get these crystals to stop growing. And two, give you a safe place to stay. One where you don't have to live in fear.." He told her.

A soft frown tugged at her lips. “But what would you want in return? Nothing’s given for free.” She muttered, remembering the words Alessio had told her many years ago.

Her face flushed and she looked at him pointedly. “Wh-What..?” Was he asking her on a date? She barely knew him, and they had only known each other for but a few minutes.

"I-In, uh, in my dining hall! We can have dinner together in the dining hall as friends or just host and guest!" He blabbed bashfully.

Megohime rested her head in her hands, rubbing her temples, head pounding. “I just need Lyrium, I don’t need to eat..” She muttered.

Megohime’s stomach ached at the thought of food, but her desire for Lyrium was greater. “Maybe some food, but the Lyrium first.” She said tiredly.

“No!” She turned to face him. “I need it, you can’t just take it away from me.” He could see it now, that horrible hold Lyrium had on mages and Templar’s, she was deep under it.

“I’ll die if I don’t drink Lyrium..” She said firmly, expression growing more solemn. “I don’t feel well..”

She looked at him with distrust and confusion clear on her face. “It’s true. Why would I lie?” She said pointedly.

"I'm not calling you a liar." He said quickly, not wanting her mad, "I'm just saying from a more exclusive look on how templars do things. They consume lyrium, too...Kojurou has gone days sometimes without it and he's very much alive.."

Back
Top Bottom