Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Hushed Whispers (1×1 with Jikkah)

Megohime only glanced at the food, the same unappetizing food as always, and as always she didn’t want to eat it. She felt tears sting at her eyes, but nothing fell, perhaps she had dried up most of her tears? She stayed slumped in the uncomfortable chair, even though the restraints had been undone, completely and utterly miserable.

Megohime only turned her head away, tired eyes staring at the wall. “I don’t want food... Just bring me Lyrium..” She muttered, her tone dead and hopeless.

“What does it matter..? He’s just going to dump your body like he will mine once he’s done with it.” She said bitterly. Megohime didn’t have much of a life, spending the entirety of her teenage years in a cell, her childhood memories nothing more than wisps from overuse of Lyrium. Alessio using her for his experiments was all she truly remembered, all the pain he had inflicted upon her. “Just leave me..”

“Why would you care, we’re all the same..” She muttered, the heavy hallow feeling in her chest ever-present. “We’re all going to die in here.”

Megohime managed out of her chair with the help of the servant, picking up her head with a groan. “What are you doing..?” She asked, watching them with tired eyes.

"I'm getting you out of here.." She replied and helped Megohime out of her cell and out of the dark horrible dungeon she was kept in.

Megohime didn’t argue, but she didn’t see any reason for the servant to help her either. Her feet hurt as she walked, holding onto the servant for support, as the drugs hadn’t completely worn off yet. “Where will you take me..?” She asked, looking up at the woman.

Megohime was quiet for a while, following her down the dark hallways under Alessio’s home, finally speaking after what seemed like hours. “Thank you.” She said softly.

Live her life? Did she even know how to? She had been a prisoner for the last decade, with nothing outside of being farmed for Lyrium. She had no words for the servant, only turning to look at the ground as they walked.

Megohime followed the best she could, running with the aid of the elf, but it was clear she rarely got out. She quickly ran out of breath, huffing and stumbling through the trees surrounding the estate, the heavy wool coat that kept her warm catching at the low branches. “Th-They’re going to catch us...!” She barely gasped out.

The elf tugged the coat free and looked back at the sound of angry dogs before looking to Megohime. "Go." She said, voice tight and strained.

Megohime stared at the elf, mouth hanging open slightly. “And you..?” She asked, knowing what the dogs would do once they caught her.

Megohime felt the weight in her chest grow heavier, but she didn’t argue, running as the elf had instructed her to, going as fast as her legs could carry her.

The sounds of the dogs grew farther and farther away until she couldn't hear them over her own hard breathing and pounding heart.

Megohime ran for what felt like hours, stopping only when she felt her lungs would burst, and her feet were bleeding. The clouds had gathered overhead at that point, and the underbrush having only grown thicker.

How far away from town was she? What would happen to her once she got into town? Would they shun her? Lock her up? Send her back? She didn't know.

She would walk for days, scraping her knees and stepping on thorns dozens of times. She limped through pouring rain and under blazing sun.
It had been raining for days, and Megohime hadn’t eaten in days, soaked to the bone and horribly lost. She was freezing cold, trying to hide under the cover of a large bush, shaking as she held her heavy cloak around her.

Back
Top Bottom