Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Hushed Whispers (1×1 with Jikkah)

DarkMudkip

Cluster
"Let me go! Get your hands off me!!" Akihime struggled hard as the templars dragged her from her room in the tower down to a room she immediately knew meant her doom. Fire spread over her hands quickly to try and aid her escape but that only allowed one of the templars to smash his armored fist into her head, knocking her dizzy and making it easier for them to drag her in amd strap her down to a chair.
"Please...please don't...I don't want to be tranquil...!"
"Perhaps you should have thought of that before you decided to be a defiant little thing." Her father stated from the other side of the room. Her eyes widened before they began pouring tears.
"I didn't do anything to deserve tranquility!" She argued.
"We have evidence of blood magic, child. I am very disappointed."
"I have never used blood magic! Father, please! Please don't do this!!" She sobbed.
"Forgive me, Akihime, but it's for your own good."
"No!! No, father, don't!!"

Akihime opened her eyes slowly, still sitting in the chair she had perched on what only felt like a few moments. Her eyes were as blank as her expression and she almost looked like she had spaced out, or had just become a statue. A branding of a chantry sun peeked from under her bangs, showing her cursed status as a mage. A fate worse than death as spoken by most.
"Akihime!" Her head lifted at the sound of her name and she stood like an old ancient golem before going to find who summoned her. It was her templar guardian, and ironically her brother, Mitsunari, who stood with a face she didn't recognize. A new templar?
"Yes, serah?" Even her voice sounded as dead as she looked. Mitsunari gestured to the boy beside him.
"This is Yukimura. He will be watching over you now." He told her. She stood quiet for a moment, as if to process.
"Why?" She asked. Mitsunari made a noise.
"I'm far to busy with the Order to continue dealing with you. So he will." He told her.

She had been stuch in the dark for so long, she had forgotten what the sun looked like. Everything hurt. Her bones, her joints, her skin, everything. She was hungry, she was dehydrated, and she felt like she was on fire and freezing at the same time. When was the last time she had lyrium? She didn't remember, couldn't remember. Sje just knew it was a very long time.

The young man stood stiffly beside Mitsunari, looking quite nervous. Her brought his armored fist to his chest and nodded his head, bumbling over his greeting. “N- It’s a pleasure to meet you..!” It was rather clear he was green, but he had to be capable if he was placed within a Circle.

Megohime groaned with pain, throat burning to be soothed by the cool Lyrium her body so desperately craved. She trembled, keeping herself tucked into the corner of the room, the weight on her back making moving a rather difficult task. She could feel the pulsing power in her back, the large crystals that were growing larger and larger by the day radiating with pure Lyrium. Large dark circles had formed permanently under her red eyes, bloodshot and tired; long raven hair falling down to her hips. Why was she being punished again? She couldn’t even remember why, or how long she had been there.

She bowed her head politely, but it looked stiff.
"She won't be too much for you to deal with but she likes to wander if she isn't doing anything." Mitsunari told Yukimura.

She heard the door open and footsteps make their way steadily towards her.
"How is my little lyrium mine today, hm?" Alessio asked, stopping in front of her cell.

The new recruit nodded firmly, looking like he was just packed to the brim with energy. “I’ll ensure to keep her busy!” He said, saluting to Mitsunari, armor clunking as he did so. He looked young, not quite yet like a man, but he wasn’t scrawny. Wild brown hair tied into a single long ponytail down his back, with lively brown eyes to match his personality.

Megohime flinched at the noises, looking to the cell door with haggard eyes, unable to move from the weight on her back in her weakened state. “Please... I need more... more Lyrium...” She begged in a whisper. Large Lyrium crystals sprouted from her back, leaving her immobile from letting them grow out of control, growth accelerated from weeks of over-intake of Lyrium potions. The majority of the crystals grew on her back, but small clusters dotted her face under her eyes too.

Mitsunari saluted back and looked back at Akihime but she was already walking away. He exhaled and forrowed his brow.
"Akihime." He called firmly and she turned back.
"Yes, serah?" She asked.
"You were not dismissed." He said. She turned back around and walked back.
"Apologies, serah." She said.

He looked her over and made a noise, "Yes, you may need a small amount of it, don't you?"

Yukimura wasn’t sure what he was going to do to keep the Tranquil busy, he wasn’t a mage, and he was mainly supposed to keep watch of the mages and assure they stayed safe.

Megohime could feel her body ache at the mere thought of Lyrium, almost salivating.

"If you give her a task, she'll do it. I make her clean things until she has to retire, but she's your responsibility now." Mitsunari said, "If you have nothing to give her, just be sure to check on her. She doesn't stray far." Mitsunari told him.

He held out a small glowing blue bottle and gave it a gentle shake, "What do you say?"

“O-Of course, sir!” He nodded, bowing his head slightly and looking to Akihime. “Tran...quil Akihime...-dono..” Nothing felt right in means of addressing her, calling her just tranquil felt rude, and using only her name felt too personal.

Megohime reached for the bottle, her eyes glazed over at the sight of the treasured potion, mouth hanging open with desire.

Last edited:
Mitsunari left him be with the dead eyed mage, who stared at Yukimura as she waited for orders.
"Is something wrong?" She asked, "You appear tense."

"Well~? Aren't you going to take it~?" He asked mockingly, "It's right here, Megohime."

“I- well, um...” He looked uncomfortable giving someone else orders. “What duties don’t you preform on your usual routine?” He asked, unsure if he was really the right fit to be watching over a tranquil.

Megohime struggled to push herself up more than a hunched over-kneeling position, arm shaking with effort as she reached for the potion. She was so close to touching it, but the weight of the Lyrium on her back was just too much for her body. She could reach no further, and eventually sunk back down into a hunched over position once again. “Please..!” She begged.

She stood quietly for a moment and he almost thought she didn't actually hear him.
"Sometimes if my chores are completed in a timely manner, Mitsunari allows me to manage the storefront. If not, then I am permitted to enchant armors or weapons for the templars, or I can maintain the archives." She answered, "But those are rare, as the Tower takes a while to clean."

"Please? It's right here for you to take, dear, you can do it. I believe in you." He was mocking her, never moving closer or farther away from her.

Yukimura nodded, making room for her to pass in the hall. “I can accompany you to your duties.” He said.

Megohime tried again, trying to get to her feet, but the weight was far too much. She stumbled back to her knees and let out a weak sob. “I can’t..! I can’t...!”

She nodded and walked off to gather what she needed so she could clean. What could someone like her have done to be made tranquil? Would it be rude to ask one of the other mages?

He sighed heavily in disappointment and crouched to give the vial to her.
"Here. Honestly, you can do better."

He trailed silently behind her, surely it would be rude to pry into personal matters, regardless, he figured he should ask about her so he at least knew a bit.

Megohime took the bottle and uncorked it, drinking down everything inside, relaxing a bit as the Lyrium worked through her body, making the stones on her back glow even brighter. The Lyrium only increased their growth, allowing for larger collection in a shorter period of time.

She was rather meticulous with her cleaning, not once looking up unless what she was doing was done. She was rather pretty, even if she looked emotionless.

He moved to admire the crystals and touched them gently, "You're about ready to be harvested, my dear." Harvested. What an ugly term.

Yukimura stood out of her way against the wall, almost like he was standing at attention for his commanding officer, the only noises came from Akihime as she cleaned. He couldn’t help but steal glances at Akihime- at the mark on her forehead. It was mostly hidden by her hair, but as she worked he was able to see a bit more of it. How long had she been made tranquil? He silently scolded himself for staring, it was rude and she was still a lady. His face flushed and he forced his gaze down.

Megohime opened her mouth to protest, but found her tongue numb- was it the potion? She looked to him and made a noise of unease, her vision blurring. “No..” Was all she was really able to make out, her speech slurred. Had there been more than Lyrium in the bottle?

She wandered around completing her tasks, helping the other tranquil with their cleaning as well. She was so kind, looking out for the other mages. Or maybe that's just what she had always been told to do? He hadn't really interracted with circle mages before.

He ignored her and helped her lay down before he moved out to get what he needed to harvest the crystals growing on her back.

Yukimura kept an eye on her as she worked, listening to passing conversations to help pass the time a little easier.

Megohime couldn’t do much other than to lay on the floor, muttering her protest to the empty room. She knew he’d return with his own personal Templar’s, bastards they were, helped to keep her contained.

"I still feel so awful for Akihime..." One mage muttered as they watched Akihime work, "Can you believe her own father did that to her...?"
"It isn't her fault her magic is too much for her. If she could consciously control it, she wouldn't be stuck like that."
"He was just afraid she would kill him for trapping her here. She could be a magistrate if she were still in Tevinter."

He came back with his tools and his templars grabned Megohime to hoist her up and hold her in her special chair, keeping her restrained as Alessio went to work.

Yukimura took notice of the mages whispering, glancing at them for a moment before looking forward again. He didn’t want them to notice, but he couldn’t help listening. So she had been made tranquil because she couldn’t control her magic?

Megohime hated the stupid iron chair she was slumped in, hated feeling the ‘tap tap tap’ of Alessio’s chisel as he broke the Lyrium from her back

Akihime was focused on her cleaning so she wasn't really listening to them whisper.
"She's so dead now...it's like shutting her away from the Fade shut her mind off as a whole..."
"Poor girl..."

He was rather rough chiseling the crystals from her back. He liked taking off large chunks, letting them overgrow uncomfortably so he could have large amounts of unrefined lyrium. It was so unpleasant.

Yukimura only frowned more; so the person she was now wasn’t even herself? He knew that tranquils always changed as people when they went through the ceremony, and he always felt bad for them, but meeting them for the first time in person was different; it was saddening.

Megohime only groaned and flinched every now and again, baring large specimens for her master as she always did. Of course her body creating such high quality Lyrium came with consequences to Megohime, addiction to Lyrium potion being the most serious. The more Lyrium she consumed, the larger and finer the crystals were, so it was no surprise that Alessio force-fed her Lyrium potions at a young age until she was badly addicted.

"Why do you make that face?" Akihime was watching him now, hand frozen in her dusting as she looked at him. "Are you in pain?"

One would have mistaken her for a templar if she weren't already a mage, she consumed so much lyrium that if she were cut she would bleed the stuff.

Megohime’s thoughts were muddled, but she managed to focus on her desire for Lyrium a few times, muttering for more to deaf ears. Within a few blinks, she realized she was alone once more, and the weight gone from her back. She was done with for now, Alessio needing nothing more from her at that moment, having taken what he wanted from her.

One of the servants came in to bring her meal to her, always the same crap Alessio had picked out for her. It was almost like pig slop.

Back
Top Bottom