Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Hushed Whispers (1×1 with Jikkah)

She hated Templars, hated the ones Alessio had especially over all others. “Yeah, well Templars are bastards, all of them..” She didn’t look well, perhaps it was too early for her to be out of bed?

He frowned and helped her to her feet, "Let's get you back to bed, yeah? I'll have some food brought in and a little lyrium but we really should start getting you off it so we can remove those crystals you're growing.."

Megohime stood with his help, keeping her gaze down, a bitter frown on her face. “I don’t think they can be removed.” She muttered, holding onto Masamune’s arm to stay steady.

She dared a glanced up at him, but it was short lived. “I guess having more experiments done can’t hurt me anymore than I am..”

"A-Ah..." He faultered, "N-No, that isn't what I meant...we're mainly going to do research, see if anything like this has happened before. We won't experiment on you.."

She looked doubtful, but gave a nod. “Alright.. I’ll trust you, just don’t leave me alone with that Templar... I don’t trust him.”

“No... I’m Megohime...” She said as they reached her room, her body aching to lay back down. She still didn’t trust this man, nor his Templar, of course he was going to experiment on her, he would give in and be just like Alessio.

She crawled into bed like she was sore all over, rubbing her temples. “Just some Lyrium.. my body aches..” She muttered. She was tired, her body ached, and she was covered in cuts and scratches from running through the forest for weeks. “And.. maybe whatever food you have ready... I’ll take stale bread if you have it..” She said tiredly as she laid down in bed.

Stale bread? This poor girl. He would have to get a little bit of lyrium from Kojurou, even though the templar would most likely hate it. He left quietly and hurried off to tell the cooks to make something fancy for Megohime while he went to steal a small vial of lyrium.

Megohime had horrible dreams, even with the bit of Lyrium Masamune had given her, she dreamt of awful things. Unending darkness, chains, sharp teeth bigger than swords, deep red eyes. She was always a restless sleeper, but this time she woke with a start, the feeling of eyes following her out of her dream.

Megohime felt her heart jump into her throat at the sight of him, gripping the blankets. “What... what are you doing in here..?”

"Just making sure you aren't up to anything suspicious, abomination. My lord may be a bleeding heart but I'm wise to your kind." He stated.

The word stung, abomination, it wasn’t what she was. “I’m no abomination, Templar.” She scowled softly, staying where she was in bed, not well enough yet to be out and about.

She hated his words, every one of them was the truth; she was a monster. She wanted Lyrium badly. “I don’t know what you think you’re going to find while I’m asleep, but please, tell me if the crimes I’ve committed?”

"You exist. You attempt to leech off mt lord's good will. I've seen mages like you, who succumb to the allure of power or knowledge. They are better to the world dead." He stated.

“I sought nothing out. I know little. You presume quite a lot.” She said, forcing herself from the warmth of the bed. “Where is Masamune? I wish to speak with him.” The truth of it was, yes Megohime was a mage, but she didn’t know a single spell. Alessio hadn’t taught her anything of magic.

Last edited:
Megohime scowled more and turned away from Kojurou, clenching her fists, what was she to do now? She relied on Masamune for nearly everything, and if he was gone, that meant she’d have to ask Kojurou for help. “I need Lyrium.” She muttered through her shame.

She could feel the familiar ache in the back of her skull starting, growing steadily with her irritation. “I don’t care, I need Lyrium, why don’t you just be a good little Templar and do what you’re told..?” Why was this so hard? She just needed Lyrium, why was this one Templar making it so hard on her? She hated Templar’s, they were rough and rude, doing whatever they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom