Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Hushed Whispers (1×1 with Jikkah)

He could see that she had been crying, her eyes were puffy, and she had blue smears on her cheeks. “About what..?” She asked softly.

She nodded, holding her blankets tightly around her shoulders. “I’m alright, just feeling a little under the weather.”

He could see that she had something to say, but she kept her mouth shut about whatever it was. “Just.. I’m not really sure..”

Megohime seemed so small and sad, keeping her eyes down. “Just typical mage and Templar quarrels.” She muttered.

“Kojurou..” She muttered, pulling her blankets around herself even tighter, as if you comfort herself. “I don’t understand him..”

He made a soft noise, "I don't really understand him either...he takes what he does too seriously. He needs to lighten up some, if you ask me."

“He scares me... I feel he wants to do me harm..” She mumbled, laying back down on the bed with a soft sigh.

Megohime didn’t move or push him away, letting him hold her in her bundle of blankets. “Just... The way he looks at me, the hatred in his eyes..”

"I'll keep him away from you..." He said gently, holding her tighter, "He's still gotta rake orders from me, after all." He grinned.

Yukimura’s disgrace was known by almost all by weeks end, no longer wearing his Templar armor, but simple plate mail as he guarded the Towers main entrance.

Mitsunari beat on him a lot for his failure but Akihime would always be there to stop it before it got too bad. But soon after, he would just flee from her; it puzzled her.

Yukimura did his best to avoid having to interact with Akihime, as he was after all no longer a Templar. He was still stuck on guard duty, a mere foot soldier and grunt-worker; he was grateful however to not be fully stripped of his title.
He wasn’t sure of how to address Akihime, not after what he had done. It made knots in his gut, it was all he could think about, and even if she said she forgave him, he could not.

"Sanada." Oh no. Akihime had found him again, how was she so good at finding him? "Why will you refuse my company? I thought we were friends."

“I..” He turned to face Akihime, his shoulders sagging a bit as he saw her face, a faint bruise still present on her cheek. “We are friends, I just...” What was he supposed to say to something like this? “I’m sorry, I just thought it be better if I stayed away..” His one face was heavily bruised, split lip oozing blood still.

She took out her handkerchief and started to gently dab thr blood away, "Is Mitsunari still causing you harm? For what happened? You know I place no blame on you."

Yukimura winced when she blotted his lip, a soft frown forming on his lips. “I know you don’t Akihime-dono... But I can’t forgive myself..”

His heart ached in his chest, another thing he couldn’t bring himself to face, how was he supposed to face the Maker? No, he had to, Akihime was right. He gave a small nod. “I know.. Thank you, but... Until I can find the courage, I don’t know if we should spend time together.”

She lowered her gaze, "I find that notion to be rather silly and unnecessary, but I will not force you to feel any undue discomfort."

Back
Top Bottom