Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Hushed Whispers (1×1 with Jikkah)

Megohime blushed at the word, glancing up at Kojurou; he scared her, and it made her angry, she had feared Templars her whole life as a captive, and even now as a free woman?
“Why are you so intrusive? He isn’t a child.” She pointed out.

"And you aren't human." He hissed.
"She is, too! Maker, why are you such a dick?!" Masamune yelled, "Can't you just leave her alone?!"

Megohime flinched at his words, more hurtful things that cut all too deep, he was right though.
“What would you know about being human?” She asked, her tears blue and glowing, like liquid Lyrium was dripping from her face and not tears. The trees around them creaked and groaned, swaying from an unseen force as Megohime got to her feet, hands clenched in fists at her side.

"M-Mego...?" Masamune watched her, worried and curious. Kojurou scowled.
"Much more than an apostate abomination who's only known the darkness of a cell."

Megohime clenched her fists harder, and a few of the trees around them cracked audibly. “Stop it.” She said lowly, scowling at Kojurou.

Megohime unclenched her fists slightly, looking to Masamune, face red and tears still dripping down her face. “No, it isn’t! He always calls me a monster- I’m not!”

"You're not, far from it.." He assured before glaring at Kojurou, "I'll deal with him, let's get you back to the house." He took her hand and left their little picnic area with her.

Megohime followed with no resistance, wiping her tears away angrily as they went. “Why is he so horrible? I haven’t done anything..”

Megohime couldn’t argue with that, she hated Templar’s, they were all awful. “I don’t want so see him anymore, I don’t anymore reminders of how grotesquely deformed I am..”

She couldn’t look up at him, she was too shameful of her appearance to do so. “I have Lyrium growing from me, I must look horrifying..”

"No, not at all! It's a little intimidating, but I wouldn't call it horrifying! Your lyrium markings make you look even prettier!" He told her.

“I don’t want to be intimidating, I don’t want Lyrium marks..!” She shook her head. “I want normalcy!”

“I’m sorry... I didn’t mean it that way... I just, I think I just need some time alone..” She said softly, gaze down, tears still leaking from her face.

Megohime gave a nod, wiping away the last of her tears. “I’m sorry.. we were having such a nice time..”

Megohime was absent from dinner, the servant Masamune sent to retrieve her saying she had refused to come down from her room. Megohime had given the excuse that she hadn’t felt well, but Masamune knew she was simply still upset.

He could hear the faint rustling of bedsheets within the room, then Megohime speaking up. “Masamune..?” She sounded tired, like she had just woken from sleep.

There was a brief pause, heavy tension hanging in the air before she answered him again. “Yeah..” She agreed.

Back
Top Bottom