Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Hushed Whispers (1×1 with Jikkah)

He never could make anything stick, as her ship was always gone by the time the city guard went to search it for contraband, and so every time he caught he, he always ended up having to let her go.
“Motochika, what a surprise, what brings you down to the docks?” Nana asked as she watched her men load and unload boxes of cargo.

“Business as usual, lots of people in need of supplies.” She said with a slight shrug. “I work down here.” Nana said with a soft smirk.

Nana waved her hand dismissively at him. “I’ve already provided the paperwork to the dock master, don’t get your panties in a twist over it.” Everyone knew the dock master was a greasy little weasel that could be bought and bribed by just about anyone, making her word less than reliable. “There’s nothing criminal going on here, guard, so why don’t you continue on your patrol and go chase off the rats the cats were too lazy to catch.”

Nana kept her eyes on her men for a moment as they worked before finally looking back at Motochika with a soft noise. “If you’re done lookin’, I’ve gotta set sail.” She said and moved away from the barrels she was leaning against.

“Arrest? Arrest for what?” She scowled, trying to yank her arm away from him, not happy that he was going to delay her.

“I’ve been granted access by the dock master, I’ve given him the papers and he’s signed off on them, I know my rights ya bastard, I’ve got no reason to give you anything!” She growled out, yanking her arm free with a hard jerk.

A sharp pain shot up her arm, and she ground her teeth to quiet her grunt before kicking her foot hard back into his groin. “Get your grimy hands off of me!”

He knew she would go for his nuts; she always did. He brought his leg up to stop her foot with his shin, glad he had his shin guards.

Nana felt her foot connect, but it wasn’t with what she wanted it to, out of options as he far outweighed and over-towered her.

“You know how this song and dance always ends, you never get what you want and by morning I’ll be out.” She sneered, beyond irritated that he only seemed to harass her.

She grunted as she stumbled forward, grinding her teeth in frustration. “Yeah, with what? I paid the docking fees, I have my paperwork- you have nothing.”

"So when I go to the dock master and find another fake paper from you, I'll still have nothing?" He asked, "Come off it, I wasn't born yesterday."

“I can’t say for what he does with my papers after I’ve given them to him.” She shot back.

"I'll arrest him, too, either way you lose." He told her. He moved into the jails and pushed her into a cell, locking it behind her and giving her a fake smile, "I'll be back with your cell mate, love~"

She spat at the ground with a scowl, glaring at him the entire time he headed out the door. After he was gone, she brought her arms in front of her by stepping over her arms so she was a bit more comfortable, cursing herself silently.

When Motochika returned, he indeed had the dock master in irons and was dragging him kicking and swearing to the cell.
"I'm innocent! She scammed me!"
"Well, you should have thought about that before you accepted her false paperwork." Motochika told him.

“You truly are keeping the streets safe, making sure illegal items such as food and drink don’t get spread to the masses, wouldn’t want them to think you’re incompetent now would we?”

Back
Top Bottom