Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dark Country

My love is vengeance that is never free...
Star-Trek-Online_iphone_640x960.jpg

Forward: I don't know how many Star Trek fans there are on the site, I guess we'll see how this goes. But, if you see this and you like Star Trek in any medium (ToS, TNG, VOY, DS9), then I hope this becomes a melting pot of ideas and creativity. I understand science-fiction can be difficult to write, even though I've written over a dozen manuscripts comprised of hundreds of thousands of words--I still find it difficult to write. But, my hope is that won't dissuade you from trying. That you'll keep attempting and push forwards through the challenges and difficulties and leave your mark. Star Trek is about exploration, moral and ethical obligation--as much as it is about space battles. It's about overarching character stories, and it's about deep, personal issues. And these are the kinds of things that interest me the most at times. Things that me stop and think about what my character is or should be doing. I hope to make a story that is diverse, fun and memorable. Thank-you.

Rules:

1.) Be polite and respectful to fellow members and guests.

2.) No 'flaming' the Star Trek brand. If you don't like Star Trek, that's fine, just don't come into my request thread and fuss about it.

3.) No spamming messages; you only need one post per message. If I don't answer your question, I may be deliberating on it. Either way, I will tell you definitively 'yes' or 'no' in due time.

4.) You can create a Maximum of 2 characters to start--this might be increased as the storyline progresses.

5.) We will be using the Starship 'Eclipse' Cruiser as the cast's primary vessel. Though classified as a long-range intelligence-gathering vessel, the USS Valkyrie in this instance, is a highly advanced battlecruiser-class starship.

6.) This roleplay will be in the mid-24th-early 25th centuries in the Star Trek landscape so there have been some major improvements and upgrades to ships, systems, weapons, and shields.

7.) Write 2 paragraphs per post; 5-10 Sentences each. If you feel you can write more--feel free. But no one is obligated to do more than that base requirement. Just write plenty of description--if you're having a dialogue add personality to your character.

Races:

Andorian
Arbazan
Ardanan
Aurelian
Bajoran
Benzinite
Betazoid
Bolian
Borg (liberated)
Caitian
Cardassian
Deltan
Denobulan
Edosian
Efrosian
Ferengi
Gorn
Grazerite
Human
Klingon (Has to be a transfer from the Accords signed by the Federation-Klingon Empire.
Rigwllian Chelon
Rigellian Jelna
Risian
Romulan: (Must be from New Romulus Republic; Can't be from Star Empire.
Soong-Type Android
Tellerite
Trill
Vorta
Vulcan
Xindi-Arboreal
Xindi-Insectoid
Xindi-Primate
Xindi-Reptilian
Zakdorn

Zaranite

Roster:

Captain: @Dark Country
First Officer:

Chief Tactical Officer:

Operations Officer: @ChrisGabriel

Helmsman:

Chief Engineer:

Science Officer:
@Dark Country

Chief Medical Officer: @Subbiesuzzie

Counselor (optional): @dicequeer

Valkyrie.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, everyone, sorry I dropped off. Had a couple of funerals to go to and be a pallbearer.

So I've been reflecting on that; my mother died in December a few years ago to cancer so it gets to me.

*Stands awkwardly before lightly patting your back.* There there, there there...>.>

Welcome back Dark, sorry to hear about your mom. Always difficult going through a loss during these months, keep your chin up and dont worry about us!

Thanks... Buts seriously you ok

Yeah, My mom died in 04 December 1st, My dad died April 17th 2017-- My Cousin and Aunt died a year ago. The two I buried were both great aunts. So, yeah, been around that block a few times. :S

Time zone buddies *high fives*
[automerge]1573814092[/automerge]

And btw, this was a great picture you painted.
Thanks, I do try to be graphically inclined.
[automerge]1574002958[/automerge]
We can't start until the major roles are filled. I surely don't want to play the crew all by my lonesome.

But maybe something about character creation, character's pages, bios? Job descriptions, ship description...

... and what is the date? :)

The roster list could be updated to fit Suzzie in and if Obi wont be participating then maybe his role should be vacated?

We need helmsmen. Now if he were just an ensign or cadet or something, that's one thing. But all Bridge officers--minus the Chief engineer because, well, she's in engineering--but shets Lt Cmdr as are all the bridge officers.
[automerge]1574038707[/automerge]
But maybe something about character creation, character's pages, bios? Job descriptions, ship description...

... and what is the date? :)

That's right I gotta put up a good character sheet.

Yeah, definitely looking for more info. Also, since I am not sure what the threshold is, I've seen about 5 or so of the movies (mainly older ones), and feel I understand the tone and themes of Star Trek, but my lore knowledge is pretty light.

You are both welcome to join.

@LeaT

@kckolbe

That's okay, Kckolbe I'll fill you in one the events; are we talking ToS, TNG, VOY, or DS? Voyager and DS9 never had film franchises.
[automerge]1574059156[/automerge]
Though if you have to have a willingness to learn, cause just knowing the tone of a series doesn't mean you'll get what or who the characters, the plot, the timeline, etc. So, if you don't think you can do that--I'd advise you not to join. Because depending on where you are at rather it is the TOS or TNG--there will be a lot to go over. I can't, in good conscience, sign you up when you aren't willing or ready to learn the lore.

Last edited:
The roster list in the intro needs updating but basically the only changes i see is that Helmsman is a free slot and @Subbiesuzzie is taking chief engineer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Chief Medical Officer will be played by me since no one wants to be a Female Vulcan/Human or Vulcan/ Betazoid and be the love interest for that captain. :p

No, no. It'll come off as forced because you don't want to do it. I don't want a forced portrayal, I want to convey a truthful expression.

Last edited:
I'm interested and leaning towards Trill/Symbiot or Soong Type Android but I don't want to trample on anyone's plans. I went through the previous pages and I don't think I'm conflicting but please tell me if I am. I'm flexible on bridge roll and probably depends on which way I go on the racial side.

I lean towards the Trill/Symbiot if the Symbiot has some history with the Admiral but now in a different body, younger and definitely more feminine. If that doesn't work I would lean towards the Android, playing the curiosity angle when it comes to relationships and sex.

I'm fine with keeping the main story relatively light on smut but I will definitely want to play some side stories to sate my, I mean her, curiosity!

Back
Top Bottom