Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dark Country

My love is vengeance that is never free...
Star-Trek-Online_iphone_640x960.jpg

Forward: I don't know how many Star Trek fans there are on the site, I guess we'll see how this goes. But, if you see this and you like Star Trek in any medium (ToS, TNG, VOY, DS9), then I hope this becomes a melting pot of ideas and creativity. I understand science-fiction can be difficult to write, even though I've written over a dozen manuscripts comprised of hundreds of thousands of words--I still find it difficult to write. But, my hope is that won't dissuade you from trying. That you'll keep attempting and push forwards through the challenges and difficulties and leave your mark. Star Trek is about exploration, moral and ethical obligation--as much as it is about space battles. It's about overarching character stories, and it's about deep, personal issues. And these are the kinds of things that interest me the most at times. Things that me stop and think about what my character is or should be doing. I hope to make a story that is diverse, fun and memorable. Thank-you.

Rules:

1.) Be polite and respectful to fellow members and guests.

2.) No 'flaming' the Star Trek brand. If you don't like Star Trek, that's fine, just don't come into my request thread and fuss about it.

3.) No spamming messages; you only need one post per message. If I don't answer your question, I may be deliberating on it. Either way, I will tell you definitively 'yes' or 'no' in due time.

4.) You can create a Maximum of 2 characters to start--this might be increased as the storyline progresses.

5.) We will be using the Starship 'Eclipse' Cruiser as the cast's primary vessel. Though classified as a long-range intelligence-gathering vessel, the USS Valkyrie in this instance, is a highly advanced battlecruiser-class starship.

6.) This roleplay will be in the mid-24th-early 25th centuries in the Star Trek landscape so there have been some major improvements and upgrades to ships, systems, weapons, and shields.

7.) Write 2 paragraphs per post; 5-10 Sentences each. If you feel you can write more--feel free. But no one is obligated to do more than that base requirement. Just write plenty of description--if you're having a dialogue add personality to your character.

Races:

Andorian
Arbazan
Ardanan
Aurelian
Bajoran
Benzinite
Betazoid
Bolian
Borg (liberated)
Caitian
Cardassian
Deltan
Denobulan
Edosian
Efrosian
Ferengi
Gorn
Grazerite
Human
Klingon (Has to be a transfer from the Accords signed by the Federation-Klingon Empire.
Rigwllian Chelon
Rigellian Jelna
Risian
Romulan: (Must be from New Romulus Republic; Can't be from Star Empire.
Soong-Type Android
Tellerite
Trill
Vorta
Vulcan
Xindi-Arboreal
Xindi-Insectoid
Xindi-Primate
Xindi-Reptilian
Zakdorn

Zaranite

Roster:

Captain: @Dark Country
First Officer:

Chief Tactical Officer:

Operations Officer: @ChrisGabriel

Helmsman:

Chief Engineer:

Science Officer:
@Dark Country

Chief Medical Officer: @Subbiesuzzie

Counselor (optional): @dicequeer

Valkyrie.jpg

Last edited:
@Dark Country I am interested in a back story where they were peers or near peers. Maybe his first officer or fellow captain. The older male host Trill died but the symbiot was transferred to a younger female. Bonus points if your character feels responsible for his death and/or the new host ended up being a non-Trill in something of an emergency experiment in the aftermath of the battle.
Ooo a bit of murky history is always fun to watch. What if.. and this is just a suggestion.. The captain thought the trill and symbiot died, felt responsible for it, and doesnt know YC is the sole survivor of the tragedy in the captains painful past (being in a non-trill). Does YC tell the captain? Is there some anger there towards the Captain...

Well I'm not sure @Dark Country wants to play so hard to say at this point. I was thinking more that he would know of the fates of each. Ideally I would add on that the female was a young Yoeman of the Captain's (now Admiral) who ended up in a coma after the battle so the idea was to perhaps save her and the symbiot in the same risky gamble.

If not, I think I will go with Android. In either case, beginning to look like science officer as it would create lots of opportunity for away missions and other encounters with strange things. Also trying to explore the whole complexity of biological relationships and mating. A bartender/morale officer would make an excellent advisor.

Well I'm not sure @Dark Country wants to play so hard to say at this point. I was thinking more that he would know of the fates of each. Ideally I would add on that the female was a young Yoeman of the Captain's (now Admiral) who ended up in a coma after the battle so the idea was to perhaps save her and the symbiot in the same risky gamble.

If not, I think I will go with Android. In either case, beginning to look like science officer as it would create lots of opportunity for away missions and other encounters with strange things. Also trying to explore the whole complexity of biological relationships and mating. A bartender/morale officer would make an excellent advisor.
It sounds like a great read whatever direction it goes in!

My hope for the character I bring in will be that he starts off really having no path and is very much reluctant in seeing himself in more of a worth while capacity than he's in.

The back story I have so far is that he went to Starfleet Academy, maybe because it was his only option. He would have passed all that was asked of him physically and even showed some aptitude in empathic, tactical, and leadership skills. But he's lazy and self centred. In the end he graduated at the very bare minimum of what is expected and was only projected to make it on a Starship as part of its staff at best. So maybe he's jumped from Starship to Starship for a few years before coming on to the Valkyrie.

However, the Admiral and/or Captain having all known records of MC's academic and early Starfleet career has read through it and the one constant is that his teachers and recent superiors have said, in one way or another, is that he has the 'potential' to be more, to do more, to achieve more in Starfleet. He has the qualities in him to have great care for those he feels truly deserve it, often times officers have said that he has the ability to even boost morale.. BUT he is lazy, unable to see the importance of what the badge represents, rebellious, and perhaps a little narrow sighted.

Thats basically the skeleton that is my character Bio. I welcome any input :)

@Dark Country I am interested in a back story where they were peers or near-peers. Maybe his first officer or fellow captain. The older male host Trill died but the symbiote was transferred to a younger female. Bonus points if your character feels responsible for his death and/or the new host ended up being a non-Trill in something of an emergency experiment in the aftermath of the battle.

So, they were like rivals or competitors of some kind? Maybe even equals in certain fields of study? Or did you mean just as in a colleague they knew well?

Well, I'm not sure @Dark Country wants to play so hard to say at this point. I was thinking more that he would know of the fates of each. Ideally, I would add that the female was a young Yoeman of the Captain's (now Admiral) who ended up in a coma after the battle so the idea was to perhaps save her and the symbiote in the same risky gamble.

Well, a "yeoman" is the main administrative and clerical work in service--not scientific research. At least as far as the word "yeoman" implies at any rate. Lol. They basically do administration which could be a lot of things. Try and pick a major from one of the aforementioned stations that require focusing on. If it's Science you're after, I think it still yet may be open. This ship is going to be a fairly large battlecruiser So there's plenty to explore. You just have to be more specific than "Yeoman". lol

As for the Trill character, we could do that as well; maybe my character was walked through on how to transplant the symbiote into a new host? One that wasn't Trill after away mission goes awry?
[automerge]1574356291[/automerge]
It sounds like a great read whatever direction it goes in!

My hope for the character I bring in will be that he starts off really having no path and is very much reluctant in seeing himself in more of a worthwhile capacity than he's in.

The back story I have so far is that he went to Starfleet Academy, maybe because it was his only option. He would have passed all that was asked of him physically and even showed some aptitude in empathic, tactical, and leadership skills. But he's lazy and self-centered. In the end, he graduated at the very bare minimum of what is expected and was only projected to make it on a Starship as part of its staff at best. So maybe he's jumped from Starship to Starship for a few years before coming on to the Valkyrie.

However, the Admiral and/or Captain having all known records of MC's academic and early Starfleet career has read through it and the one constant is that his teachers and recent superiors have said, in one way or another, is that he has the 'potential' to be more, to do more, to achieve more in Starfleet. He has the qualities in him to have great care for those he feels truly deserve it, oftentimes officers have said that he has the ability to even boost morale... BUT he is lazy, unable to see the importance of what the badge represents, rebellious, and perhaps a little narrow-sighted.

That's basically the skeleton that is my character Bio. I welcome any input :)

So, I'm Admiral Pike and your Captain Kirk--gotcha. :ROFLMAO: We gotta have that chat after you get in a bar fight.

So, they were like rivals or competitors of some kind? Maybe even equals in certain fields of study? Or did you mean just as in a colleague they knew well?

Well, a "yeoman" is the main administrative and clerical work in service--not scientific research. At least as far as the word "yeoman" implies at any rate. Lol. They basically do administration which could be a lot of things. Try and pick a major from one of the aforementioned stations that require focusing on. If it's Science you're after, I think it still yet may be open. This ship is going to be a fairly large battlecruiser So there's plenty to explore. You just have to be more specific than "Yeoman". lol

As for the Trill character, we could do that as well; maybe my character was walked through on how to transplant the symbiote into a new host? One that wasn't Trill after away mission goes awry?
[automerge]1574356291[/automerge]

So, I'm Admiral Pike and your Captain Kirk--gotcha. :ROFLMAO: We gotta have that chat after you get in a bar fight.
I wasnt trying to make it that obvious! Haha! But yeah its Pike-Kirkesque I guess. And that bar fight scene is probably one of my favourites in the new movie franchise! I felt the feels when Pike died in Kirks arms.

What is true from this I found on the ship/timeline (not canon)?

The Eclipse-class cruiser was designed to perform deep-space espionage missions without being detected. The class was launched in 2410 as part of Operation Delta Rising. A cloaking device was part of the vessel's standard equipment. Additional special systems included active sensor arrays to expose a target's vulnerabilities, and a console to drain an opponent's structural integrity field.

Ships of the class required a minimum rank of Vice Admiral of a commanding officer. Its bridge crew consisted of one lieutenant science officer one commander and lieutenant commander engineer, one lieutenant commander tactical officer and one seat open for an ensign of any department. Additionally, the bridge supports an intelligence officer.

Length: 982 meters
Width: 350 meters
Height: 112 meters
Crew: 350
Maximum speed: warp speed; quantum slipstream; transwarp
Armaments: phaser arrays (3 fore - two of them linked into a dual array, 3 aft); torpedo launchers (fore and aft); phaser cannon (fore)
Defences: deflector shields
Systems: cloaking device; active sensor arrays, structural integrity field siphon
Auxiliary craft: Federation shuttlecraft

2409: The Federation is engaged in a war against the Klingon Empire, due to manipulation from outside forces. During this time the Borg return, behaving differently than in previous encounters with them. Species 8472 is also involved with the state of war in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.

2410: Species 8472 launches a bold incursion of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, including attacks on Earth and Qo'noS. In response to this invasion, the Federation and Klingon Empire agree to a ceasefire. The ceremony for the ceasefire is interrupted by the appearance of an Iconian who issues a hostile warning to the representatives of the two quadrants against drawing further attention. (STO mission: "Surface Tension") The Iconian War also took place here, lasting six months and causing catastrophic damage to the Milky Way Galaxy. Shortly thereafter, the Tzenkethi began a genocidal campaign, wiping out seemingly random planets with Protomatter-based weaponry. Joint efforts of the Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Republic sabotaged most of their efforts until they were forced to surrender after a crippling battle near Bajor. After which it was revealed why they began their efforts: the planets they sought to destroy were infested with fully-crewed Hur'q ships in stasis, which then emerged from all the planets that had been saved, assaulting any civilization and race they encountered.

2415: Starfleet presumably receives the log entry from the Enterprise-D made on Stardate 41263.2 (2364) when the ship was briefly in Galaxy M-33. Presuming the sub-space signal remains intact (without relays to boost transmission in the galaxy), the signal travels 2.7 million light-years (a 51 year, 10 month time timespan).

Last edited:
I wasnt trying to make it that obvious! Haha! But yeah its Pike-Kirkesque I guess. And that bar fight scene is probably one of my favourites in the new movie franchise! I felt the feels when Pike died in Kirks arms.
PS I dont think your character will be as compassionate as Pike lol
[automerge]1574367961[/automerge]
What is true from this I found on the ship/timeline (not canon)?

The Eclipse-class cruiser was designed to perform deep-space espionage missions without being detected. The class was launched in 2410 as part of Operation Delta Rising. A cloaking device was part of the vessel's standard equipment. Additional special systems included active sensor arrays to expose a target's vulnerabilities, and a console to drain an opponent's structural integrity field.

Ships of the class required a minimum rank of Vice Admiral of a commanding officer. Its bridge crew consisted of one lieutenant science officer one commander and lieutenant commander engineer, one lieutenant commander tactical officer and one seat open for an ensign of any department. Additionally, the bridge supported an intelligence officer.

Length: 982 meters
Width: 350 meters
Height: 112 meters
Crew: 350
Maximum speed: warp speed; quantum slipstream; transwarp
Armaments: phaser arrays; torpedo launchers
Defences: deflector shields
Systems: cloaking device; active sensor arrays
Auxiliary craft: Federation shuttlecraft

2409: The Federation is engaged in a war against the Klingon Empire, due to manipulation from outside forces. During this time the Borg return, behaving differently than in previous encounters with them. Species 8472 is also involved with the state of war in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.

2410: Species 8472 launches a bold incursion of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, including attacks on Earth and Qo'noS. In response to this invasion, the Federation and Klingon Empire agree to a ceasefire. The ceremony for the ceasefire is interrupted by the appearance of an Iconian who issues a hostile warning to the representatives of the two quadrants against drawing further attention. (STO mission: "Surface Tension") The Iconian War also took place here, lasting six months and causing catastrophic damage to the Milky Way Galaxy. Shortly thereafter, the Tzenkethi began a genocidal campaign, wiping out seemingly random planets with Protomatter-based weaponry. Joint efforts of the Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Republic sabotaged most of their efforts until they were forced to surrender after a crippling battle near Bajor. After which it was revealed why they began their efforts: the planets they sought to destroy were infested with fully-crewed Hur'q ships in stasis, which then emerged from all the planets that had been saved, assaulting any civilization and race they encountered.

2415: Starfleet presumably receives the log entry from the Enterprise-D made on Stardate 41263.2 (2364) when the ship was briefly in Galaxy M-33. Presuming the sub-space signal remains intact (without relays to boost transmission in the galaxy), the signal travels 2.7 million light-years (a 51 year, 10 month time timespan).
Is there room for a bar on this ship 🤣

Is there room for a bar on this ship 🤣

I do not know, my character would make her own quarters and office a kind of public leisure place. If anyone on the sides (or abowe-below) it is possible to put our resources and places together... Of course, unless the others living/working around do not oppose this.

I had wanted to create a bit more intertwined back story but it seems more trouble than its worth so instead I'll go with the Android Science Officer. Nominally female but a bit of an androgynous look to her may make for greater versatility in our eclectic bridge crew. I'm all for keeping the main story more plot than smut but am open to do side stories with anyone interested once things start to develop.

I def think there is room for a bar ... and Holli decks mmm ... I’m so excited to get going.
[automerge]1574383629[/automerge]
I had wanted to create a bit more intertwined back story but it seems more trouble than its worth so instead I'll go with the Android Science Officer. Nominally female but a bit of an androgynous look to her may make for greater versatility in our eclectic bridge crew. I'm all for keeping the main story more plot than smut but am open to do side stories with anyone interested once things start to develop.
Love that look it’s amazing think you will be amazing....

Nice look. And a great opportunity, because my Deltan is working with the DRI (Daystrom Research Institute) to record and compute sensations and feelings through a positronic interface... And that is something that Soong type androids have. [possibly pun: DRI: Demon Research Initiative]

It's all coming together nicely. @LeaT Is that going to be your face claim, she looks fantastic! Are we all doing face claims? I'll need to start looking for mine.

I can't find one, but will give pointers how she looks.

Basically a nude/hairless woman (except around her eyes, which is amber colored) with a high-tech cybernetic 'bone crest of a Minbari male'.
Wearing a gold starfleet uniform, or a golden traditional gabardine caftan with combadge grade gold Deltan symbols on her sleeves.

Thank you all, I look forward to writing with you. I don't see face claims as necessary, I just found her as inspiration. I can write a bit more of a bio once we have the character thread set up. I'm certainly open to ideas and suggestions, I am looking to experiment myself with this mechanical science officer!

Yeah. A lot depends on what and how the character sheet needs to be filled out, and what we know about the ship and the overall situation/year...

But I am sure we can put together a command crew that has some kind of connection to each other at least. (Or an opening to have one in-game.)

Character Creation

Name:

D.O.B: (We are starting in the year 2410.)

Race(s):

Assignment: (Command, Operations, Science Division--if you aren't sure--ask.)

Ship Name:

Duty aboard the ship: (Your chosen vocation, essentially. [Helmsman, engineer, nurse, security detail; we need all primary roles filled FIRST! So Helmsman, Chief of Security, Chief of Operations, Commander (Second in Command.)

Rank: (All bridge officers are the rank of Lieutenant-Commander--This goes for Chief Medical Officer who is ranked as 'Commander', and Chief Engineer who is Lieutenant-Commander.)

Height:

(Keep in mind their species. Klingons tend to be a bit heftier than humans. On the other end, Vulcans tend to be lighter.)

Weight:

Physical Description: (One paragraph; 10 sentences.)

Hobbies/ Interests:

Expertise:

Family/ Friends:

Home
:

History: ( Two Paragraphs.)

Last edited:
I think you are supposed to start a thread in the "Character Profiles" section under Group Roleplays. That is where we put our bios if I'm not mistaken.

I think you are supposed to start a thread in the "Character Profiles" section under Group Roleplays. That is where we put our bios if I'm not mistaken.
At least if we play here in a thread. But maybe even if we play offsite on Discord?
Just keep the same name for the characters thread than the game thread... (So, either 'Star Trek: The Divergence' or use 'USS Valkyrie' )

It's fine that I posted the outline here. This is the OOC anyways. You Don't have to post your characters in the sub-forum if I am not mistaken. So, you can post your chars here as well if you'd like.

We will be playing ON SITE.

I'll have the Ships details up later today or tomorrow.

Name: Born as Baby John Doe, later changed to Mary Stu J.D. in the orphanage, which became ’M.J.’ Deltan in school. She is accustomed to be called ’Delta’.

D.O.B: 2380
Race: Deltan
Assignment: Operations
Duty aboard the ship: Chief of Operations

Height: 6’

Weight: 150lbs
Physical Description: A tall, lean muscled hairless ’human’. Small, but obvious breasts make ’her’ curves like an athletic females. Most people can tell that her mannerism is more male, but usually see the gold colors and think Security, she is entitled to be butch, her having no hair except eyelashes and eyebrows help. Her eyes is the same golden-amber color that her Operations uniform, and the golden traditional gabardine caftan (with combadge grade gold Deltan symbols on her sleeves) she wears when out of uniform. She wears a high-tech cybernetic 'bone crest of a Minbari male' thing on the back of her head (see equipment). What not everybody gets to see – but enough people are able to see ’her’ naked – is a cute cock where her clit would be. It is much bigger when aroused. (No obvious balls but she has a pussy too.)

Hobbies/ Interests: Sensationalism (using all senses - more than five - to experience all kinds of sensations, good or bad). Pentathlon (Ancient, Athletics, Modern, Military, Naval, Aeronautical, Sex)

Expertise: Day to day operations in Starfleet (Administration); the Structural Integrity Field Siphon console and the use of the Active Sensor Arrays.
Astrogation / Navigation
Communications
Fractal Calculus (conservation of mass, Groundwater flow problems, advection dispersion equation, Time-space diffusion equation, Structural damping, Acoustical wave equations for complex media, Fractional Schrödinger equation in quantum theory)
Zero G / EVA Operations
Survival Strategies
Advanced Tactical Training / Bridge Officer Training

Family / Friends: In 2368 (stardate 45635.2), the Deltans fell victim to an attack on their homeworld by the Borg/Cybermen alliance. Delta IV was overwhelmed in a matter of minutes, forcing its prime minister to order a planetary evacuation well before Starfleet's defensive task force could arrive. Her parents in their youth was caught too and their transformation began, but they was successfully saved. They met and became a swinger couple in their recuperation from this ordeal.

Early in the Carreon's age of interstellar exploration, they made first contact with the Deltans, and fell into conflict with that race over control of the resource-rich worlds between their two systems. Treaties between the Carreon and Deltans left these worlds largely undeveloped; however, when a series of Iconian gateways opened across the galaxy in 2376, both powers were given instantaneous access to one particularly rich world. A shooting war was avoided by the presence of the USS Enterprise. At this time her parents was part of the Deltan Diplomatic Corps.

In late 2379, the Deltans petitioned to the newly elected Federation President Nan Bacco for aid in repairing their ailing water reclamation system. They liked the design of the system on Gault; however, the system had been designed by the Carreon, who did not wish the Deltans to use it. Her parents was the Deltan Delegation Couple seeing through the whole process in person, travelling to Earth, Gault, meeting with the Carreons... They died on the hands of Starfleet Medical after a terrorist bombing of a Roman/Romulan/Cardassian hater human xenophobic group.

She basically knows all Deltans in Starfleet, and most of the Deltans around the campus planet systems.

Home: She has a personalized shuttle that is very good for atmospheric flights as a mobile home, taking it along if possible, or leaving in the hands of any friendly Deltans who want to fly around the safe federation space in a homely manner.

History: Baby John Doe was saved by Starfleet Medical after the parents died. She was taken into a Starfleet sponsored orphanage, as they did not found any relatives fast enough. With a name addition of Mary Stu and the shortening of the hospital given to J.D. she kind of disappeared into the system when the orphanage house was disbanded and the children spread to other places. It took some time to her full heritage to manifest, only after that was she passed to an ever changing small Deltan group to be taught her origins and heritage. With so few Deltans outside their home planet, she was even more of an oddity than just her hermaphrodite status. It became even more evident in high school, where a shortening and misfiling got her name as ’M.J.’ Deltan. She kept the family name in good humour.

She was pre-destined to be among the best of the best with her acute, sensitive senses and evolved Deltan intelligence that could handle the most complex spherical trigonometric complexities of space navigation. That meant Starfleet, of course. Starting out at the Starfleet Academy on Earth, she was in dire need of understanding people around her, and to keep her close to the very few Deltans in Starfleet, she changed campuses frequently. It took her more years than usual to finish the Academy, but at that time she had more accumulated and stable knowledge than the other cadets. She had been living for a year at least on Beta Aquilae II, Beta Ursae Minor II, Earth, Psi Epsilon III campuses in the years.

Her Cadet Cruise was aboard a DRI (Daystrom Research Institute) commanded scientific starship, where her extensive knowledge and keen mind avarded her the rank of an Ensign. Along the following years her interest in pentathlon next to her well done jobs got her pressured into taking both a tactical course and a bridge officer certification, while she would be just happy with her chosen field of Astrogation, Navigation and Communications. She even tried to take a year off, but at the end she was certified in Survival, and it took only another couple of years and the next longer time off, and her love for freefall and spacewalks got her certified in Zero-G and EVA operations…

Special - equipment: Working with the DRI (Daystrom Research Institute) to record and compute sensations and feelings through a positronic interface she has a Cybernetic Helmet (like a Minbari male's bone crest) connected to her newly redesigned Senceiver Implant. The implant itself acts as a communications medium, allowing text and visual messages to be transmitted into her consciousness. The ’helmet’ amplifies her thoughts, slightly helps her control her feelings and sensations along her urges. It contains an Universal Translator, functions as an Earpiece, a Communicator, a Recorder, a Virtual Display Device, a Viewscreen, a Portable Auxiliary Data Display, contains a TR-600 Mark XII Sensor array (tricorder), and does all of the above with the help of a Bio-neural gel based Positronic Computer, some of it is back-enginered from Borg technology. It is one of a kind personalized hardware, not the first prototype any more. (Property of DRI, Starfleet) - She can actively interact with it with her mind if she can concentrate in a meditational state, can use the holographic controls for all to see, or do it with just the movements without outside holographic help - because she still sees and feels the controls, and the equipment does not have holo-emitters itself.

Most of it is just stolen from online sources... As most of the ideas behind it.

And I do not want to take another's idea for Expertise, so if someone want to be the more expert on anything she is good for, feel free. These are the things she is good for, (there are other things she can do well), but she is not really dedicated to any one of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom