Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dark Country

My love is vengeance that is never free...
Star-Trek-Online_iphone_640x960.jpg

Forward: I don't know how many Star Trek fans there are on the site, I guess we'll see how this goes. But, if you see this and you like Star Trek in any medium (ToS, TNG, VOY, DS9), then I hope this becomes a melting pot of ideas and creativity. I understand science-fiction can be difficult to write, even though I've written over a dozen manuscripts comprised of hundreds of thousands of words--I still find it difficult to write. But, my hope is that won't dissuade you from trying. That you'll keep attempting and push forwards through the challenges and difficulties and leave your mark. Star Trek is about exploration, moral and ethical obligation--as much as it is about space battles. It's about overarching character stories, and it's about deep, personal issues. And these are the kinds of things that interest me the most at times. Things that me stop and think about what my character is or should be doing. I hope to make a story that is diverse, fun and memorable. Thank-you.

Rules:

1.) Be polite and respectful to fellow members and guests.

2.) No 'flaming' the Star Trek brand. If you don't like Star Trek, that's fine, just don't come into my request thread and fuss about it.

3.) No spamming messages; you only need one post per message. If I don't answer your question, I may be deliberating on it. Either way, I will tell you definitively 'yes' or 'no' in due time.

4.) You can create a Maximum of 2 characters to start--this might be increased as the storyline progresses.

5.) We will be using the Starship 'Eclipse' Cruiser as the cast's primary vessel. Though classified as a long-range intelligence-gathering vessel, the USS Valkyrie in this instance, is a highly advanced battlecruiser-class starship.

6.) This roleplay will be in the mid-24th-early 25th centuries in the Star Trek landscape so there have been some major improvements and upgrades to ships, systems, weapons, and shields.

7.) Write 2 paragraphs per post; 5-10 Sentences each. If you feel you can write more--feel free. But no one is obligated to do more than that base requirement. Just write plenty of description--if you're having a dialogue add personality to your character.

Races:

Andorian
Arbazan
Ardanan
Aurelian
Bajoran
Benzinite
Betazoid
Bolian
Borg (liberated)
Caitian
Cardassian
Deltan
Denobulan
Edosian
Efrosian
Ferengi
Gorn
Grazerite
Human
Klingon (Has to be a transfer from the Accords signed by the Federation-Klingon Empire.
Rigwllian Chelon
Rigellian Jelna
Risian
Romulan: (Must be from New Romulus Republic; Can't be from Star Empire.
Soong-Type Android
Tellerite
Trill
Vorta
Vulcan
Xindi-Arboreal
Xindi-Insectoid
Xindi-Primate
Xindi-Reptilian
Zakdorn

Zaranite

Roster:

Captain: @Dark Country
First Officer:

Chief Tactical Officer:

Operations Officer: @ChrisGabriel

Helmsman:

Chief Engineer:

Science Officer:
@Dark Country

Chief Medical Officer: @Subbiesuzzie

Counselor (optional): @dicequeer

Valkyrie.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you can always play whatever and however you want to, but if we do it kind of Canon, - at least universe vise -, we have to read and check things out to make this work...
(Meaning, that if you bring an Andorian, I will not, knowing well that there would be differences in how you and I would play them)

@Dark Country I think they are not one to choose outside partners instead of their own marriage group, but an occasional fun time is not impossible.

Well, 'Cannon' is followed loosely here. I mean, I mean, I am allowing liberated Borg characters, and Cardassians be played as races. Both races of which we may come into conflict with. Especially the Collective, and the Obsidian Order.
[automerge]1573733543[/automerge]
So, we aren't being so strict as to say you can't play a race (Aside from Breen, Undine (more on that later), and such hostile or Xenophobic races).

Its to be a guideline not exclusively followed. A stepping stone.

I think Starfleet allows liberated Borgs and Cardassians, just not that keen on having them - or putting them in any meaningful ranks. Oh, and they have to always prove their allegiance to Starfleet... So yes, taking them into leading position on this ship would be really just for the Captain's favor. Something very-very rare if not unique.

Exactly, the new Cardassian democracy is good start to bringing the Cardassians into the fold--as for the Borg, they have liberated some Borg, But the collective still exists as an entity. I believe STO calls the Cooperative Borg--or something to that effect. They are drones cut off from the hive mind.

Hi all! You know when you think to yourself "I love Star Trek, I think I know quite a bit about it" and then you walk in a room full of other Trekkies and then you think "I dont know jack.." well thats how I felt coming in here LMAO!

My ST trivia may be lacking compared to you fine folk but my love and passion makes up for my lack of in depth knowledge. I'd be interested in joining this rp if you'll have me. I am mostly interested in playing one character (Human). As for a position, I feel I'm not qualified to be a major officer or bridge crew but maybe working at the Starships bar or a "moral officer"? I guess characters will need a place to socialize right?

Think a cross between Guinan and Neelix but a Human male equivalent.

Or a less greedy Quark, or less mischevious Cardassian who I can't remember the name of. The tailor. Hahaha.

Well, stick around, we're filling the major spots first--then we can discuss the in-betweens @_Nico

Or a less greedy Quark, or less mischevious Cardassian who I can't remember the name of. The tailor. Hahaha.

Well, stick around, we're filling the major spots first--then we can discuss the in-betweens @_Nico

Wasnt Elim Garak you were thinking of was it? Not sure why he popped in my head. Was he even a bar keep? Lol!

I can stick around no problems.
[automerge]1573734623[/automerge]
Loving the idea of @Nico characters

Thank you! I figured its a big ship, surely theres a social space somewhere haha!

Wasnt Elim Garak you were thinking of was it? Not sure why he popped in my head. Was he even a bar keep? Lol!

I can stick around no problems.
[automerge]1573734623[/automerge]

Thank you! I figured its a big ship, surely theres a social space somewhere haha!

Aye, Garek was a great character. I believe he is the one I was thinking of. :D

Garak was kind of Obsidian Order too, so a bone-fide spy... Even if it was kind of to punish him.

Now, I have some races here I would want to play, but only if nobody else is interested.:

Betazoid, Caitian, Deltan, Trill, Vulcan

And also Andorian if we make it a bondgroup (so at least one other player interested to do it family like this).

@YourLittleSecret, of course, we are We have a helmsman, and Operations officer--The crew manifest is in the first post, along with acceptable races, some of which has to meet certain qualifications. I do want variety in species, though I can't force you to be anything else if you just want to be Human. But if we get at too many humans I may ask that you make a second character, even if it's for brief cameos that aren't human. Because by this point (2425) The Federation is full of alien populations. Some more well-known than others.

Also, this takes place FAR after TNG. This is years after the Dominion War (DS9), which is after VoY, which is after-during TNG. So if you want to hop on board you are more than welcome. I will do my best to condense events in TNG, DS9, and VOY in my opening post--as well as the state of current affairs and what is going on, what is happening and debrief my Senior Staff. Please note that to be a Bridge officer you are rank of Lieutenant-Commander--except the First Officer, which can be Captain or Commander as my character is an Vice Admiral. But he is a hero of Wolf 359, but suffered terribly during the attack by Locutus of Borg.
[automerge]1573736095[/automerge]
Garak was kind of Obsidian Order too, so a bone-fide spy... Even if it was kind of to punish him.

Now, I have some races here I would want to play, but only if nobody else is interested.:

Betazoid, Caitian, Deltan, Trill, Vulcan

And also Andorian if we make it a bondgroup (so at least one other player interested to do it family like this).

I'm all for Vulcan or Trill. T'Pol and Jadzia Dax were two of my favorite characters (Aside from Picard, Worf, Garek, and Sisko and 7 of 9.)

@YourLittleSecret, of course, we are We have a helmsman, and Operations officer--The crew manifest is in the first post, along with acceptable races, some of which has to meet certain qualifications. I do want variety in species, though I can't force you to be anything else if you just want to be Human. But if we get at too many humans I may ask that you make a second character, even if it's for brief cameos that aren't human. Because by this point (2425) The Federation is full of alien populations. Some more well-known than others.

Also, this takes place FAR after TNG. This is years after the Dominion War (DS9), which is after VoY, which is after-during TNG. So if you want to hop on board you are more than welcome. I will do my best to condense events in TNG, DS9, and VOY in my opening post--as well as the state of current affairs and what is going on, what is happening and debrief my Senior Staff. Please note that to be a Bridge officer you are rank of Lieutenant-Commander--except the First Officer, which can be Captain or Commander as my character is an Vice Admiral. But he is a hero of Wolf 359, but suffered terribly during the attack by Locutus of Borg.
[automerge]1573736095[/automerge]

I'm all for Vulcan or Trill. T'Pol and Jadzia Dax were two of my favorite characters (Aside from Picard, Worf, Garek, and Sisko and 7 of 9.)
Dax and 7 of 9 *wipes drool off his face*

I actually have a picture of Jolene Blalock (That her name?) In the updated Starfleet uniform. She's pretty. If you aren't interested in me then I can always make her the Science or Chief Medical and have a relationship between those two.

Now, everyone, I want you to take into consideration your Vice-Admiral and senior officer aboard the Valkyrie; He is a very rigid man; he's been through a great deal and hasn't come out of every conflict or disturbance unscathed. He's got a noticeably mechanical right arm and a grafted left eye. This gives him s to lift a fully grown male Klingon or Hirogen off the floor and his eye can analyze and thousands of calculations. But these feats come at a cost. He suffers from severe migraines and phantom pains from where his arm was severed at the shoulder. He could have gotten more 'human' prosthetics with replicated skin, hair and fibrous tissue. He prefers seeing what he's lost as it reminds him daily what happens when negotiations fail, or what the price is for failing.

He's captained many vessels and has lost crew which he cares for their safety deeply--but expects them to know the hazards that come with wearing the uniform of a star fleet officer or enlisted personnel. He is a deeply troubled man, one not without biases or prejudices--after all, the Cardassians claimed many lives from both Bajor and the Federation. But he understands that when he puts on that uniform each day he must set aside his racist inclinations especially towards Cardassians and the Borg. The Cardassian more so than the Borg as he has to keep the growing democracy of Cardassia Prime to ensure that the Obsidian Order doesn't have more of an excuse to come back. Yet he's haunted by his PTSD of the war. The what-ifs, should I or shouldn't I's--they get to him and he can become volatile.

We are using Original Characters--characters that we created. Made from the list of races applicable that I have posted.

Klingon Tactical Officer. Lemme put that on the list.

I need everyone playing to fill out a character sheet once I am done with it, and a Biography. A summary of their life, how they got into Starfleet and rose through the ranks. Be detailed so I can bring up bits and pieces or refer back to it.

Bear in mind, however, I like to see lots of detailed posts. No one-liners. 2 paragraphs minimum. 5-10 sentences. That will keep the story fluid and moving. And it'll give readers enough to go on to make their posts.

I actually have a picture of Jolene Blalock (That her name?) In the updated Starfleet uniform. She's pretty. If you aren't interested in me then I can always make her the Science or Chief Medical and have a relationship between those two.

Now, everyone, I want you to take into consideration your Vice-Admiral and senior officer aboard the Valkyrie; He is a very rigid man; he's been through a great deal and hasn't come out of every conflict or disturbance unscathed. He's got a noticeably mechanical right arm and a grafted left eye. This gives him s to lift a fully grown male Klingon or Hirogen off the floor and his eye can analyze and thousands of calculations. But these feats come at a cost. He suffers from severe migraines and phantom pains from where his arm was severed at the shoulder. He could have gotten more 'human' prosthetics with replicated skin, hair and fibrous tissue. He prefers seeing what he's lost as it reminds him daily what happens when negotiations fail, or what the price is for failing.

He's captained many vessels and has lost crew which he cares for their safety deeply--but expects them to know the hazards that come with wearing the uniform of a star fleet officer or enlisted personnel. He is a deeply troubled man, one not without biases or prejudices--after all, the Cardassians claimed many lives from both Bajor and the Federation. But he understands that when he puts on that uniform each day he must set aside his racist inclinations especially towards Cardassians and the Borg. The Cardassian more so than the Borg as he has to keep the growing democracy of Cardassia Prime to ensure that the Obsidian Order doesn't have more of an excuse to come back. Yet he's haunted by his PTSD of the war. The what-ifs, should I or shouldn't I's--they get to him and he can become volatile.

I like the background story. Lots of layers to peel there. Like you wrote in the introduction, I like the moral and ethical aspects of ST and the personal stories of its characters.

I already have a rough idea of my characters back story if he is approved but I'll work on it prior to posting it up.

if you think a Klingon is better at tactical I’m happy to swap, to chief engineer or councillor though I’d be winging it a little bit ....I’m happy to play anything.

I think they have more...aptitude for tactics and warfare as it is a common theme for Klingons--though they can really be anything.

Betazoids make great Councilors butt I don't want to typecast you as a Deanna Troi of the ship--so which would you rather be Chief Engineer or Councilor?

Sod it I will push myself and be the chief engineer. This will be fun I’m definitely out my comfort zone but will give it a go. Still betazoid, And female

Back
Top Bottom