Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dark Country

My love is vengeance that is never free...
Star-Trek-Online_iphone_640x960.jpg

Forward: I don't know how many Star Trek fans there are on the site, I guess we'll see how this goes. But, if you see this and you like Star Trek in any medium (ToS, TNG, VOY, DS9), then I hope this becomes a melting pot of ideas and creativity. I understand science-fiction can be difficult to write, even though I've written over a dozen manuscripts comprised of hundreds of thousands of words--I still find it difficult to write. But, my hope is that won't dissuade you from trying. That you'll keep attempting and push forwards through the challenges and difficulties and leave your mark. Star Trek is about exploration, moral and ethical obligation--as much as it is about space battles. It's about overarching character stories, and it's about deep, personal issues. And these are the kinds of things that interest me the most at times. Things that me stop and think about what my character is or should be doing. I hope to make a story that is diverse, fun and memorable. Thank-you.

Rules:

1.) Be polite and respectful to fellow members and guests.

2.) No 'flaming' the Star Trek brand. If you don't like Star Trek, that's fine, just don't come into my request thread and fuss about it.

3.) No spamming messages; you only need one post per message. If I don't answer your question, I may be deliberating on it. Either way, I will tell you definitively 'yes' or 'no' in due time.

4.) You can create a Maximum of 2 characters to start--this might be increased as the storyline progresses.

5.) We will be using the Starship 'Eclipse' Cruiser as the cast's primary vessel. Though classified as a long-range intelligence-gathering vessel, the USS Valkyrie in this instance, is a highly advanced battlecruiser-class starship.

6.) This roleplay will be in the mid-24th-early 25th centuries in the Star Trek landscape so there have been some major improvements and upgrades to ships, systems, weapons, and shields.

7.) Write 2 paragraphs per post; 5-10 Sentences each. If you feel you can write more--feel free. But no one is obligated to do more than that base requirement. Just write plenty of description--if you're having a dialogue add personality to your character.

Races:

Andorian
Arbazan
Ardanan
Aurelian
Bajoran
Benzinite
Betazoid
Bolian
Borg (liberated)
Caitian
Cardassian
Deltan
Denobulan
Edosian
Efrosian
Ferengi
Gorn
Grazerite
Human
Klingon (Has to be a transfer from the Accords signed by the Federation-Klingon Empire.
Rigwllian Chelon
Rigellian Jelna
Risian
Romulan: (Must be from New Romulus Republic; Can't be from Star Empire.
Soong-Type Android
Tellerite
Trill
Vorta
Vulcan
Xindi-Arboreal
Xindi-Insectoid
Xindi-Primate
Xindi-Reptilian
Zakdorn

Zaranite

Roster:

Captain: @Dark Country
First Officer:

Chief Tactical Officer:

Operations Officer: @ChrisGabriel

Helmsman:

Chief Engineer:

Science Officer:
@Dark Country

Chief Medical Officer: @Subbiesuzzie

Counselor (optional): @dicequeer

Valkyrie.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I get it playing hard to get lol...... what character are you going to play have you decided
I was asking not to be made an officer or of rank of real note or holding real responsibilities. My know how in any field of the different divisions would be sorely lacking.

I'm opting for a human barkeep. There was a time when Neelix got like an honorary position of "Moral officer" which is something I always thought was cool. I always lean towards the characters that dont take themselves too seriously either. But has a lot to offer even if they dont realise it themselves at first. That mixed with a bit of a rebellious nature, yet caring, lazy, fun loving, full of potential (even if he's wasting it)... This is what I offer and I'm still working on it.

The good admiral said he has to fill the officer positions and main players before he gives me the green light so just sticking around twiddling my thumbs for the moment :)

I was asking not to be made an officer or of rank of real note or holding real responsibilities. My know how in any field of the different divisions would be sorely lacking.

I'm opting for a human barkeep. There was a time when Neelix got like an honorary position of "Moral officer" which is something I always thought was cool. I always lean towards the characters that dont take themselves too seriously either. But has a lot to offer even if they dont realise it themselves at first. That mixed with a bit of a rebellious nature, yet caring, lazy, fun loving, full of potential (even if he's wasting it)... This is what I offer and I'm still working on it.

The good admiral said he has to fill the officer positions and main players before he gives me the green light so just sticking around twiddling my thumbs for the moment :)
Cool I like that idea, I’m sure you will be great. I now nothing about engineering g. It I’m a Star Trek nut soo I am going to blag it.i know all the terms. I’m sure it will be fun lol

I am very close to choose being a Betazoid/Vulcan hybrid female. The alternative is playing a Deltan hermaphrodite...

Both would have serious 'powers', but also various self imposed and technological/medical restrictions.

I am very close to choose being a Betazoid/Vulcan hybrid female. The alternative is playing a Deltan hermaphrodite...

Both would have serious 'powers', but also various self imposed and technological/medical restrictions.
I don’t think it’s a issue but I’m going to be a betazoid as well

Yeah, almost remembered that. So, I won't be. :)

Well, then she is a hermaphrodite Deltan Operations officer with training in piloting, specifically movements in zero G, so kind of able to take the Helm if needed in emergencies or downtime, or if they ever going two directions... She is well versed in flying but not rated for flying into fights... She is a consummate master of technology - internal systems control, communications and sensor system all comes up for her purview on the bridge if not taken over specifically by anyone. As analytical operations relies upon knowledge of science and engineering disciplines, she is well versed in almost any field, but not rated to deep knowledge, more like a Jack-of-All-Trades... But anyone dedicated to a post should be better than her.

Hope I will be able to do the role right.

Last edited:
Yeah, almost remembered that. So, I won't be. :)

Well, then she is a hermaphrodite Deltan Operations officer with training in piloting, specifically movements in zero G, so kind of able to take the Helm if needed in emergencies or downtime, or if they ever going two directions... She is well versed in flying but not rated for flying into fights... She is a consummate master of technology - internal systems control, communications and sensor system all comes up for her purview on the bridge if not taken over specifically by anyone. As analytical operations relies upon knowledge of science and engineering disciplines, she is well versed in almost any field, but not rated to deep knowledge, more like a Jack-of-All-Trades...

Hope I will be able to do the role right.
I’m sure you will..... it’s going to be fun....

Ah thats too bad, Guess I'll have to play my own love interest. :(

Obi will not be joining us--He had a bad experience with trivia fans? That what they are calling dedicated fans nowadays that know a lot about the lore? So, Helmsman is open. I'll Be taking Admiral of course and Chief Medical Officer (Vulcan/Human.)

I'm still interested in playing, but it seems like most of the interaction might be happening while I'm asleep :(

Still, I was thinking it could be fun to play a Cardassian counselor. I like the idea of a bit of a miss match at first glance.

A Cardassiaan...therapist. With a PTSD Admiral over the Dominion War. It should be interesting! *Grabs the popcorn.*

Nevermind the whole, Obsidian Order agent gouging his eye out with a Klingon Knife thing. Yeah, he's goto take to you swell!

OOC: "Tell me Admiral, how did you feel, when my evil twin got that knife touching your eyeball?" :)

@Dark Country I can go with plain female much easier, if you would prefer that. (No need to add that complexity to her, after all, even if it would be interesting. And if she feels like it , she canalways have some high-tech appendage for occasional use.)

Dice comes up with a good point..

I'm on GMT 0 (UK) so times I can post might not be convenient for the purposes of the RP. It's partly the reason I opted not to play a main officer role. Work isnt so much an issue as I can post while at work but family has me pretty busy in the evenings, having a 1 year old will do that to ya.. lol!

So full disclosure, I hope it can still work out but if any of you feel it wont just let me know.

I am at GMT +1, and usually have more time in daytime...

Still, if everyone takes it seriously and post once per day, (or agree to be possibly missing turns if missing days), this could work.

@ChrisGabriel Nah, man, it's cool. I don't want to stifle you an even though I've had some bad experiences (IRL) with hermaphrodites and they make me uncomfortable, I don't want that experience to bleed through. I wanted a Female Vulcan/Human or Vulcan/Betazoid--to counter-act the Admirals prejudices, have a romantic link with him as both species are highly telepathic in dissimilar ways. And get him to see there are good people among those that are onboard are not the same people who years ago destroyed dozens of ships as he watched his proverbial world burn. I figured there could be a lot of intimacy in there--not necessarily smut but intimate moments between the two.

For instance, and this is just an idea; He could be having a PTSD nightmare and wake up screaming and she consoles him because he's showing very apprehensive behavior. She gets him to meditate to try and calm those overwhelming feelings of rage and apprehension. She then mind-melds with him and what she sees is him rising up from debris; the front of the ship where the view screen is gone, just gone. Instead, there is a twisted, flaming bow of a ship with a forcefield he got to work. And as he stands up his right arm is barely hanging on by some tendons and muscle. But she watches as ships perish, burn, people being sucked into space due to explosive decompression or warp core breach and just floating around in the glint of the sun.

She then sees the glint of a dagger and Rainier is forced to face off with the Obsidian Order double agent. He's lowering the tip of a Klingon knife into his left eye socket. Searing pain enters her nerves; screaming as he thrashes about the deeper the knife goes in slowly. Just when the double agent thinks Rainier is dead he goes towards the group of unarmed civilians. Rainier forces himself to get up despite the excruciating agony of doing so. Grabs a phaser dials it up and blasts a hole through the double-agent. It's so perturbing she backs out of the mind-meld. Because the amount of death and devastation she saw would overwhelm anyone. The fact he remains so calm 98% of the time is a testament to his willpower and sheer fortitude. But she feels his self-loathing because he hardly feels human any longer. He's got implants from the war, and Wolf 359.

I am at GMT +1, and usually have more time in daytime...

Still, if everyone takes it seriously and post once per day, (or agree to be possibly missing turns if missing days), this could work.
I could probably manage a post a day. Like I said, at work I can probably post multiple times depending on how fast the rp is moving. If I cant post for any amount of time I'll make sure I mention it also.

I am gmt 0 as well so most of us are around the same time.... One or 2 posts is good for me as well my days off vary as I'm achef

I am gmt 0 as well so most of us are around the same time.... One or 2 posts is good for me as well my days off vary as I'm achef
Time zone buddies *high fives*
[automerge]1573814092[/automerge]
@ChrisGabriel Nah, man, it's cool. I don't want to stifle you an even though I've had some bad experiences (IRL) with hermaphrodites and they make me uncomfortable, I don't want that experience to bleed through. I wanted a Female Vulcan/Human or Vulcan/Betazoid--to counter-act the Admirals prejudices, have a romantic link with him as both species are highly telepathic in dissimilar ways. And get him to see there are good people among those that are onboard are not the same people who years ago destroyed dozens of ships as he watched his proverbial world burn. I figured there could be a lot of intimacy in there--not necessarily smut but intimate moments between the two.

For instance, and this is just an idea; He could be having a PTSD nightmare and wake up screaming and she consoles him because he's showing very apprehensive behavior. She gets him to meditate to try and calm those overwhelming feelings of rage and apprehension. She then mind-melds with him and what she sees is him rising up from debris; the front of the ship where the view screen is gone, just gone. Instead, there is a twisted, flaming bow of a ship with a forcefield he got to work. And as he stands up his right arm is barely hanging on by some tendons and muscle. But she watches as ships perish, burn, people being sucked into space due to explosive decompression or warp core breach and just floating around in the glint of the sun.

She then sees the glint of a dagger and Rainier is forced to face off with the Obsidian Order double agent. He's lowering the tip of a Klingon knife into his left eye socket. Searing pain enters her nerves; screaming as he thrashes about the deeper the knife goes in slowly. Just when the double agent thinks Rainier is dead he goes towards the group of unarmed civilians. Rainier forces himself to get up despite the excruciating agony of doing so. Grabs a phaser dials it up and blasts a hole through the double-agent. It's so perturbing she backs out of the mind-meld. Because the amount of death and devastation she saw would overwhelm anyone. The fact he remains so calm 98% of the time is a testament to his willpower and sheer fortitude. But she feels his self-loathing because he hardly feels human any longer. He's got implants from the war, and Wolf 359.
And btw, this was a great picture you painted.

Yes I leave in 15 min we need to drop. Our dogoff at my mums then at work till 9pm.. just had 2 days off. Plus full of a cold.
Sorry to hear that! Dont know about you but the temperature has dropped significantly down here... Wrap up warm and hope you start feeling better soon!

Back
Top Bottom