Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Jin paid Kojurou no mind, too focused on her work to pay attention to him. She frowned at the newest email in her inbox, a message stating that she was required back in Russia, and refusing wasn’t an option.

The other guerilla leaders needed to be caught and brought in, and she was one of the only surviving members of the initial team who could help.

Jin frowned heavily, her gut only twisting upon seeing that Matsunaga would be apart of the returning team as well.

Jin knew that even if they worked quickly, it wouldn’t be over soon. The last mission took months to plan out and execute, and this time they had two ghouls to catch. She scowled at the computer screen, glancing over her shoulder at Kojurou, feeling an odd sense of sadness that she’d be away from him. “Katakura-sosakan? May I have a moment of your time?”

He jumped a bit, as if not expecting anyone to speak to him, before looking over and nodding. "Hai, what do you need?" He asked as he stood, moving toward her.

Jin turned from her desk to face Kojurou. “I’ve been informed by the higher ups that I’ll be leaving for Russia in three days, they have more work to be finished over there, and I’m required to go.”

"Ah...I see..." He seemed a little disappointed by this news, "Loose ends and what not. They'll need you out there more than this paperwork will." He gave a half smile in an attempt to lighten the mood.

“Of course, I’m sure they’ll keep it safe for me until I return.” She said with a small, amused smile. “I do wish you were accompanying me, Russia is quite lovely this time of year. I’ll be meeting my old partner there, and the Russian Branch will be there leading the mission.”

"Oh, I'm sad to say that my Russian is rather poor, but thank you. Perhaps we could plan a vacation out there together when it's safe." He said. He then became embarrassed at the implication, "I-I mean, as friends!"

Jin had never seen his flustered expression before, it was a little surprising and cute. “Of course, Katakura-sosakan.” She smiled and nodded, bowing her head slightly to him.

“I would love to, it truly is a wonderful place to travel.” She said softly, and she was being truthful, she enjoyed the small towns of Russia, preferring the larger cities and their bustling atmosphere.

The three days she had left in Japan went by quickly, and Jin bid her fair-wells to Kojurou and those in their office before leaving for the plane that would take her to Russia.

Jin couldn’t sleep at all the whole flight over, reading the file they had provided on the last two generals of the guerrilla faction; twin brothers. Grainy photos were provided of the two in the file, along with whatever information they had managed to get on them while she was back home in Japan.

Sasha and Pyotr were the most slippery out of all the generals they had to deal with. Any time they were cornered enough for capture, they found a way to get away. She would have to be very careful not to let them get away again.

They of course were more dangerous than Tolya, human trafficking, arms dealing, even drugs. They were both smart and cruel, but the Russian branch was slowly closing in on them with the information they were slowly managing out of Tolya.

When she finally arrived at the airport in Russia, Hisehide himself was there to greet her.
"Good to see you again, Kawabe-sousakan." He greeted.

“Matsunaga-sosakan.” She nodded her head to him, a soft frown on her face, not the most pleased to be back with Hisehide, but it was temporary.

“Yes, I’ve read the file on them.” She said, still mulling over what the file had on the two ghouls. “Do we have a plan of action we’re going to be taking?”

"Thankfully, no information on Tolya's capture has reached them, so they don't know it was you who led to his downfall. So, we will be sending you and some other female investigators in under cover to see if we can't snag them before they flee." He told her.

Jin felt a pit form in her stomach and she looked to him as she reached the car. “We’re going to be human trafficked.” She stated.

Back
Top Bottom