Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

The van drove off with just the two of them and it was very apparent that she was going to headquarters. When they arrived, she was taken to wash up and given new clothes before taken to the higher ups.

Jin didn’t fight at any point along the way, cleaning herself up so she was more presentable to appear before the higher ups. She seemed calm, not even needing hand cuffs after they had been removed for her shower.

"We have been informed that you went on a mass genocide of ghouls." One said, "While normally, we wouldn't bat an eye, we needed them alive."

Jin stood with her hands clasped behind her back, not entirely meeting the gaze of the higher ups before her. “I will not deny what I have done.” She said softly.

They were a little surprised to not hear her beg for any kind of mercy or no wrong doing.
"You will be detained until we can grant a suitable punishment."

“Of course.” She nodded her head, compiling again, which seemed to only get further under the skin of the higher ups before her. Her behavior was disturbing at best, creepy to say the least.

She didn’t find the cell to be terrible, a cot and a blanket inside for her to rest, and the food was still rather decent. Jin could only image anything less than jail time would upset Matsunaga, which almost brought a smile to her face.

After a few days time, she was brought back to the higher ups, who told her that she was to be demoted and her partner would no longer be Matsunaga.

Jin felt as though she were being rewarded for her crimes rather than punished, but she didn’t argue, accepting her punishment with gratitude and a bow.

Jin had heard of that name before, not much, only that he was a good investigator and a hard worker. “Is that affective immediately?” She asked.

He nodded, "Effective immediately. Matsunaga will be sent back to Russia when Katakura's partner is ready to transfer."

Last edited:
"Russia?" Masamune hissed from his spot in the rec room, the boys gambling amongst themselves and Megohime on his arm. Kojurou nodded.
"Hai. There is a guerrilla group there that needs dealing. You would be a perfect fit for-"
"Blow it out your ass, I'm not going to Russia. I have too much shit to do here." Masamune said angrily.

Megohime was still uncomfortable being around the other ghouls within the yakuza, but did her best to appease Masamune. She sat leaning against him as she tuned her shamisen, listening to his conversation closely with a frown.

"It would be good for your career in the CCG." Kojurou argued firmly. Masamune glared.
"They just want some fucking Dove poster boy. Why not send Ishida? He's a fucking prodigy, ain't he?" Masamune shot back. Kojurou wasn't liking this small tempertantrum Masamune was having.
"I understand that as the new family head, you have responsibilities to uphold-"
"Then you answered the orders for me. Tell them I said fuck off. And you can quote me, verbatim."

Megohime smirked softly at his sharp tongue, but made no remarks, still untrusting of Kojurou’s integrity to not turn her into the CCG. “Theoretically,” Megohime spoke up. “If he were to be going, who would be with him?” Megohime liked the idea about as much as Masamune, but being a ghoul, she had little standing on deciding what Masamune did in his career.

"He would be going alone." Kojurou answered curtly.
"Sorry, Kojurou, but hitto ain't goin'."
"'Specially not by himself." Some of the ghouls said.

“Mm.” She could see Kojurou still had a sore spot regarding her, turning her attention back to her instrument.

Jin spent the next week or so on administrative leave until clearances passed regarding her new partnership with Katakura. She stood waiting for him just outside headquarters, holding her briefcase at her side.

Back
Top Bottom