Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

She did everything she could think to do to combat the problem; getting new pills from her doctor, making sure they hadn’t been tampered with, anything at all. None of it worked and it was starting to wear on her mental state. She started to lose sleep, put herself further into her work, working longer and longer hours, pushing herself to the extreme so that she could try and escape. Pills no longer helped her sleep at night, and with the stress of another large-scale raid approaching at work, her hallucinations becoming the worst they’ve been in months.

Jin sat alone in her apartment, on the floor with her pill bottles. Why weren’t any of them working? No matter what she did, nothing worked, she could feel herself cracking again at the seams. “Shut up..” She muttered. “You aren’t real..”

Jin swatted at the bottles in front of her, knocking them over and scattering the pills across the floor. “You aren’t real! You’re just a hallucination!”

This was something entirely different, something she had never experienced before, her hallucination of Susuma had never been physical, that’s how she was able to tell he wasn’t real, so why could she feel him?
It was like a large fracture created in her mind, fear clear in her eyes, frozen on the floor. “N.. No- I-”

Jin felt as though she’d be sick, maybe all the memories she had were all fabricated? Had she never really left Susuma? The life she was living now being the illusion the whole time? What had she been doing with her life up until now? If it was all fake, was she even real- how much time had even passed? She turned to look over her shoulder at the figure behind her, her vision tunneling, body feeling numb.

She dropped onto her hands and knees, letting out a sob of defeat. Had she never really left his captivity? Had she spent her time growing up a slave to a ghoul, thinking she had been freed from that life?

Jin shook her head eyes wide. “I-I’m so sorry..” She whispered. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” Surely Susuma would be angry with her, surely he’d punish her if she didn’t apologize for forgetting.

Jin shook her head, saying sorry wasn’t enough was it? He was going to hurt her again, he’d make her bleed and cry, the thought made terror grip her very heart. She crawled forward, fumbling at his belt buckle. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry..!”

She froze where she was on the floor, feeling like she was watching herself from outside her body. She recognized Matsunaga’s wingtips and grey suit without having to look up to see his face. She was mortified, humiliated- angry. “What… are you doing in my home..?”

Jin felt utterly humiliated, the fact that she had a mental break in front of Matsunaga, and had tried to engage with him sexually. She yanked her hands away from his grasp, covering her mouth. “Get out.” She whispered.

Jin stayed on the floor of her apartment for quite some time, siting in silence we’ll into the morning.

Jin pushed all her doubts aside, heading into work like usual. She wouldn’t let such a small mental lapse stop her from doing her job as a CCG agent.

Matsunaga was there, of course, as well as some other investigators. They went over the plan, which was to flood the area and confuse the ghouls as much as they could; incapacitate them to bring them in for questioning.

Jin stood quietly in the heavy riot gear, only listening to the plan of attack and remembering the plan of actions she was supposed to take. Her mind was oddly clear, ever since the night before with Matsunaga, she hadn’t seen a single sign of Susuma.

Back
Top Bottom