Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Once everyone and everything was set to go, they headed out to the vehicles to the ghoul nest.
"How are you feeling today, Jin?" Matsunaga asked.

Jin was inspecting the automatic assault rifle equipped with Q-bullets she had been armed with, ensuring everything was functioning and ready to go. “You should stay focused on the mission ahead.”

When they reached the nest, they parked out of sight and kept watch, waiting for the right moment. It felt like hours before they were given the green light.
"Go, go, go!!"

They moved in as one, flooding into a large business building that had been shut down for years, now where many ghouls took up residence. There were leads on Aogiri there, informants and runners, no one big, but important information was there and they needed it.

It was going to be a rather difficult mission seeing as how the main objective was to keep as many ghouls alive as possible, only subduing and capturing them so they could be transferred to a detainment center for questioning. Killing would be a final resort if no other option was possible, and things were going rather well at first with the aid of tranquilizers and gas that rendered Kagune null, but as they started to round up more and more, the more dead ghouls were found. They were scattered at first, only one or two here and there, but soon the halls were a blood bath. Dead lay everywhere, dismembered and disemboweled, blood on even the ceiling; ghouls even ran toward investigators, but not to attack, no, they were begging for mercy and help.

"What the hell is going on?" One asked. Matsunaga scowled and moved further down the hall to see what was going on. He hadn't seen Jin since she left the van.

A ghoul holding his bleeding stomach limped passed Matsunaga, leaving a heavy trail of blood behind as he went. The hallway lead into a large empty room, where Jin was cutting down ghoul after ghoul, all simply trying to flee from her. She was like a wild beast, moving with incredible speed, slicing apart ghoul with ease. Her eyes glinted with murderous rage, yet she wore a smile full of glee; covered head to toe in blood, she was dyed red, looking like a complete monster.

“Please help me!” A ghoul ran for Matsunaga, reaching out to him for help, only to jerk to a stop just steps away, Jin’s quinque stuck through their eye, impaled through their head.
Jin breathed hard, finally looking to Matsunaga, offering a smile. “Matsunaga, good, you can help me finish cleaning up.”

Her smile fell from her face, staring back at him almost blankly. “Why would we spare a single vermin here? Rats will only tell us lies to placate us.”

“And would you be the one to detain me, Matsunaga?” Jin started forward, walking steadily toward him.

She stopped a few paces away from Matsunaga, looking at him for a moment in silence before raising the gun she had in her other hand, and firing. The ghoul that was trying to slip out behind Matsunaga cried out and fell to the floor, Jin smiling softly. “I won’t stop you from doing so.”

“Would you have preferred I fought you?” She asked, allowing him to grab her arm, releasing her grip on her hun partially to let it hang limp in her hand- a sign she had no intentions to try and use it against him.

“Your desires never truly seemed to be met with me, so they?” She asked over her shoulder before turning to look ahead as she walked.

Jin didn’t fight Matsunaga at all, climbing into the van and being compliant with his orders, a serene calmness on her face.

Back
Top Bottom