Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“Maybe just the cigarettes, then you’ll smell better too.” Look at the pot calling the kettle black; Megohime didn’t smoke often, only when she was really stressed, but that seemed to be more often lately.

Megohime smiled softly at that, moving to the kitchen to start some coffee for the both of them. “Coffee’s brewing, bought the kind you liked.”

“Just you.” It wasn’t like she could ask him to bring her something to eat, not that she didn’t already have food for herself at her home. Sitting back down on the couch she waited for Masamune to arrive.

He was greeted by the fresh aroma of coffee, Megohime poking her head around the corner a moment later. She smiled softly when she saw him, moving over and kissing him. “I was sure you’d found some other woman with how much you’ve been gone.” She teased.

Megohime was more than happy to hear Masamune say such a thing, nodding her head toward the kitchen. “Coffees ready.”

Megohime moved to the kitchen to pour a cup for the both of them, taking the cups out to the living room to sit was Masamune and enjoy her coffee.

“I’ve heard you and your Dove buddies have been rather busy.” Megohime said, sipping her coffee. “Anything interesting going on?”

He made a noise, "Yeah, sorta...the boys have been tellin me about a ghoul who's been cannibalizing for years...they've pretty much ruled the Ward cuz no one can last long enough to knock them down." He answered, "It's been makin Kojurou scratch his head for a while, cuz anytime we get a lead, it goes cold."

"We don't know it. All we do know is the Ward has taken to calling them O-Inari, after the Shinto God..." He replied. Five haunting pink tails flashed and swayed languidly in Megohime's mind. She already knew who he was talking about.

Megohime didn’t bat an eye, only took another drink from her coffee, irritation making the skin over her kakuhou itch. “Sorry, never heard of them.. a cannibal though? Huh..”

Megohime rose an eyebrow, looking to him. “I’m surprised you don’t know; sometimes it’s due to inability to hunt humans, mental instability.. though it’s more common to cannibalize to advance your prowess..”

He made a noise, "Yeah, I figured the last one was it but I figured it would be better hearing it from a ghoul...no other CCG member can say that with confidence." He said with a grin.

Megohime felt her face flush a bit. “Oh I don’t mind being a turncoat if it means you’ll be hanging around.” She said playfully.

Megohime didn’t mind the compliments at all, in fact, she rather enjoyed having Masamune dote on her like that. “I’m glad.”

Megohime’s days would alternate from spending her time peacefully with Masamune, to being attacked by other ghouls. It made hunting difficult, and showing her face around Shuu was not something she wanted to face, so she simply bared with it. Most ghouls she could fight off with ease, but others ganged up on her, and only then would she lose humiliatingly.

Back
Top Bottom