Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

He continued to stand there quietly, watching her. His nerves were burning from the cut in his palm but he refused to even twitch, ignoring the pain that throbbed up his arm.

Megohime felt like her mind was going to go blank, already fuzzy, every nerve in her body burning. “I’m not going to take anything from you.” She managed out through clenched teeth.

"You sure? You used to be real keen. Thought you'd want a little more after you took my eye." Was he trying to bait her? Was this apart of the test?

Megohime felt like her teeth would crack she clenched her jaw so hard; his words made her angry, feeling like she almost couldn’t contain her kagune. “I said I’m not going to take anything from you!” She repeated.

Megohime moved away, covering her mouth and nose to try and mask the scent of Masamune’s blood. “Just clean up your hand first.. Please..”

Megohime nodded, following Masamune out, although at a distance, still trembling a bit at the scent of his blood.

He opened the door to the dining area, an old fashioned tea room kind of place. The table had fresh flesh waiting for her.
"I'll be back. Go ahead."

Megohime nodded, entering the room and moving to the table. She felt like she had just walked into a trap, but she sat down on the ground, immediately taking the flesh and biting into it.

Nothing happened. No one came out and tried to kill her. It was quiet, she could faintly hear the other ghouls joking and laughing from another room.

Megohime ate in silence, sitting alone and simply listening to what she could just make out outside the room.

Megohime finished her food and cleaned her hands, sitting back and waiting for Masamune’s return.

Megohime turned to look up at him, giving a slight nod. “Starting to feel better, but still shaky.”

Megohime felt uneasy about joining with the rest of the ghouls, almost sneering at the offer- she opted to look away and run her neck. “I should probably head home.. Haven’t been there for a while. Unless I can’t leave?”

It was awkward, but Megohime said her goodbyes to Masamune before leaving for home, wanting a real shower and some time to herself. This wasn’t the outcome she had anticipated, but it wasn’t terrible.

Megohime had simply gone about her life, working on her career as a musician, paying no mind to the ghouls under Masamune.

"Had so much fun with your meal that you decided to just join him, hm? Be his little pet ghoul like the rest of them?" He smirked, hand on his hip.

Back
Top Bottom